[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's the same as X/Y FUCK THIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 8

File: expshare.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
expshare.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
>it's the same as X/Y
FUCK THIS
>>
>>29078623
Turn it off then, you fucking baby.
>>
>>29078623
>>it's the same as X/Y
Source?
>>
>>29078623
So turn it off?
>>
>>29078629
>>29078638
Hmm, but how else would I give my weaker Pokemon experience it battle without switching them out?
>>
>>29078623
YASSSS
>>
Good. Don't like it, don't use it.

Thanks to Gen V EXP Scaling, no worries of overlevelling if you leave it on either. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>29078661
kill yourself.

>>29078656
Switch them out you faggot.
>>
>>29078656
Switching it, fag.
Take it or leave it.

Rare candies are good too.
>>
>>29078656
Get over it and switch them out anyways? Quit being so fucking entitled, goddamn.
>>
>turn it off

Game's still gonna be piss easy without it.
>>
What exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>29078713
>>29078717
>>29078737
The EXP share worked fine in other generations, why change it now?!
>>
>OP still hasn't posted source
>>
>>29078691
>Thanks to Gen V EXP Scaling, no worries of overlevelling if you leave it on either. Best of both worlds.
The exp scalling doesnt matter if you use the exp share for entire team. You WILL be overleveled no matter what
>>
>>29078656
Just turn it on, then, and replace your other party members with other weaker Pokemon.
>>
>>29078755
And why not?
>>
>>29078769
maybe by a level or two instead of the possible 5+ you would be in XY
>>
>>29078630
>will allow all the Pokemon on your team to receive Exp. Points
>>
>>29078771
I don't need to level those.
>>
>>29078623
If the game is balanced around idea of exp share it's actually pretty great
>>
>>29078656

>Fucking casual complaining about casualisation

I find it ironic that the only people who complain about this are turbo casuals
>>
>>29078656
By grinding like an honest player. Isn't that what you want?
>>
>>29078755

I like the new EXP share. When I'm unhappy with a Team I can completely switch it out and level it up in no time. And for post game grinding it's great too.
>>
>>29078752
It's
>baaaaawwww why is this optional thing making the game easier
Comes sometimes also with such autistic gems as
>the problem isn't its existence but that its default is ON! That means GF wants me to use it and those 2 seconds of turning it off make it a hassle and bad game design!
>>
>>29078629
This
>>
>>29078656
By playing on set and switching them out without exp share.

You're a hardcore gamer no? That's why you're complaining about the new exp share? Then you shouldn't use the original one either and play on set.

Meanwhile I, a poor casual pleb, will keep welcoming the change so I can bree my shit faster.
>>
File: 40982137493`23.png (829KB, 1062x893px) Image search: [Google]
40982137493`23.png
829KB, 1062x893px
What exactly is the EXP Share suppose to be? It looks like a chandelier or some sort of instrument.
>>
So, where is the source?
>>
That's fucking it bros.

I'm fucking done.

This shit has hit casual levels that not even I can comprehend.

I can forgive the rival handholding.

I can forgive slightly lower level trainer mons.

But I can't fucking forgive what they're doing with Gen 7.

This isn't even aimed at kids anymore.

This is aimed at fucking toddlers and the mentally handicapped.

We make up such a large portion of the playerbase.

And we get nothing.

I don't know what the fuck to do right now.

I'm so goddamn mad. We need to start a petition.

We need to write a letter or something, we need to speak out.

I'm just out of options at this point.

Fuck this game.

Fuck you Gamefreak.
>>
>>29078623
Turn it off, genius.
>>
>>29078623
are you too stupid to turn it off?
>>
>>29078877
It's a helmet.
>>
>>29078881
Nice pasta. You make it yourself?
>>
>>29078877
I always thought it was a device that fit on a Pokemon's head, but since it works for all your party Pokemon in more recent gens, it wouldn't seem likely.
>>
>just turn it off

Hate this argument. Not using it is just artificial difficulty and that doesn't change the fact that it's terrible game design. Sure, I can make any game harder by imposing myself some dumb restrictions like never using healing items or playing with my feet instead of my hands, but what am I supposed to gain from that?
>>
>>29078865
>Not playing on set
It's not even about difficulty
It's more about the fact that Shift is more annoying than helpful
>>
It's not a massive deal, but there's not much reason we can't just have exp share and exp all as different items.
>>
>>29078623
Again, source.
>>
Still not posting source, OP?
>>
>>29078769
Not unless you go out of your way to grind. It doesn't just scale up when you're underleveled.
>>
>>29078923
>not using an optional item is the same as placing artificial restrictions upon yourself that aren't in the game
WEW LAD
>>
>>29078923

I bet you also use Rare candy you filthy casual
>>
My blood is fucking boiling right now, I hate this shit so much.
>>
>>29078950

Would they stack?
>>
>>29078769
>no matter what

I rotate a team in X and have actually been slightly under leveled. There's so many Pokémon to use that I like the exp all.
>>
exp share makes the game playable for me
>>
>>29078623
Just turn it off XD
>>
>tfw no source

fuck off, op
>>
File: 11111.jpg (80KB, 638x284px) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
80KB, 638x284px
>exp share is back
>handholding is back in full swing
>rival picks starter weak to yours, and is another fucking smiley friendly "rival"
>starting mons with tackle and basic moves are weaker so you it's even less of a challenge
>>
Use the EXP share to level more than 6 pokemon, duh.
When you go to stomp the latest gym or whatever the hell it is now, take the 5 pokes that won't be shitting on the gym leader and replace them with 5 lonely randoms from your box. You might find a new poke you like, or even just get some "not top 6" favorites out to play. The limit of 6 on you is garbage anyways, it's a tiny ball I just fucking stick it in my backpack, could fit hundreds honestly.
Go to battle? use any amount agreed upon, perhaps limited to the lowest number of pokemon held by any one participating trainer.
IE: I am engaging in a double battle against my rival and his sidekick, with my sidekick helping me.
I have 14 pokemon.
My sidekick has 8 pokemon.

My rival has 4 pokemon
My rival's sidekick has 16 pokemon.

We all agree to use 5 pokemon each, with my rival giving us a bit of a boost since his 4 pokemon are better trained than my 14.
This is his decision, by the rules if no agreement can be made it defaults to the lowest number of pokemon held by a participant, in this case being 4.

Of course, EXP shares need to be changed to held items and made more available, perhaps reworked so that any poke carrying one counts as having been previously switched in and out again when exp is awarded, thereby dividing the exp instead of just magically making new exp.
>>
>>29079000
Same for me. I still play pokemon the same way I did when I was 10 years old.

Still, I can see why people would be upset. Perhaps this item should be hidden as a super secret unlockable or something.
>>
this isn't even from sm
>>
Seriously though, where is the source? Thats x and y's bag layout, so thats not a screencap from anything SM related.
>>
File: 1370493538100.jpg (24KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1370493538100.jpg
24KB, 510x427px
out of all the previews ivs seen not one of them even mentions the XP share
>>
>>29079094
OP is trolling, you fucking retards.
>>
Unreal, I'm actually canceling my preorder.

This pushed me over the line.
>>
>>29078623
Am I the only one that's really happy with this?
I always keep it off during the game, with battle mode to set, making it actually kinda difficult.
Then I turn on exp all after beating the game when i want to grind up my competitive teams and other pokemon
>>
>>29079078
It changes the way I play the game because I can pick up pokemon that I would normally never use, place them in slot 6, level them up, get them some good moves and add them to my rotation

without Exp share I'd be using my starter and maybe one other pokemon
>>
>>29078623

The exp system is gen 5 based

You won't be getting overleveled anytime soon
>>
Just turn it off

:)

Not some people still thinking pokemon is like some hardcore japanese game
>>
>>29078923
So if a game has difficulty options is it artificial difficulty to play on anything except the easiest mode?
Because that's basically what you just said
>>
You know I've always seen the new exp share as a detriment to the main game. For XY I wasn't informed and assumed I could play the game like BW2 and have a good time but I found out that wasn't the case too late). For ORAS I was bored out of my mind and just wanted to get to the delta episode (which was a disappointment).

Now the obvious thing to do would be to turn off the exp share in SM, but with that whole 'warning thing before fighting a trainer that wants to battle', I think I'm gonna leave the exp share on and avoid trainer battles. I find them to be tedious unmemorable time fillers anyway. I'll probably just fight 2 or 3, which will probably be forced anyway.
>>
>>29078623
>No source
>People still talking like this is confirmed

You think after having "leaks" posted twenty times a day you people would exercise some caution
>>
>>29078623
There's an option to turn it off. I know many people don't seem to know this but still
>>
I must have missed this, when was it confirmed that EXP is the same as in Gen 5
>>
>>29078789
Then replace them with nothing. I did that, it takes some time but still a lot better than grinding weak Pokemon with the old Exp. Share, especially if you want to level up more than one Pokemon.
>>
You mean this thing that was back in R/B that did the exact same thing and you couldn't turn off is back? OH THE HUMANITY
>>
>>29078623
>Exp share is a midgame item at the EARLIEST in most entries
>BuT TheRes nO pOssiBle wAY I coUlD tuRn iT oFf
>>
>>29079315
Exp all split exp 6 ways

New exp share creates new exp for 5 other pokemon
>>
>People actually believe any Pokemon was difficult

kek
>>
>>29078623
>complaining about casualization in a children's game

Not everything is catered to just you. Have you even see young children attempt to play this game? They have a hard enough time not getting lost moving from town to town, much less type match ups and shit. They will literally just spam one move over and over or use a team of pikachus just cause it's their favorite pokemon.

This is why stuff like nuzlocke and other self-imposed challenges exist. If you want to up the difficulty level, you do add some self challenges but if you want to complain about difficulty in a pokemon game, then maybe it isn't the game for you and you're simply playing it cause it's popular instead of you actually enjoying it.
>>
>>29079361
In other words you have to grind 1/6th as much

why in the fuck is this a bad thing
>>
Or ya know, you could not use it. Its not like it makes things any different, Gen 6 was just poorly paced, you'd still out level things with ease.

The only thing the new EXP Share does is reduce the amount of grinding you have to do for Pokemon, that's it.
>>
>>29079443
Games have to be hard so casual players won't enjoy them and I'll have my sekrit club back.
>>
>>29078623

Then turn it off you fucking sperg.
>>
>>29078755
>why change it now?!

They aren't changing it now. They changed it three years ago.
>>
>>29078623
>he was expecting for it to be turned back into an item
Good. Grinding is absolutely obnoxious in previous games and at least this way I don't need to train one mon at a time.
>>
>>29078881
>We make up such a large portion of the playerbase
Show me the numbers.
>>
>>29078623
>>29078623
JUST TURN IT OFF YOU FUCKING FAGGOT, GOD I WISH OVERLORDS WOULD JUST NUKE THIS FUCKING BOARD ALREADY, THE SHITPOSTING IS RIDICULOUS.
>>
>>29079638
Pokemon has always been the opposite of a sekrit club

seriously, if you fags want difficulty you should battle other players online
>>
>>29079638
>pokemon
>sekrit

Pokemon has been mainstream as mcdonalds since forever
Not like the original RBY was any hard, ive seen children reach victory road with only their starters with 4 moves pf the se type
>>
File: 1474544930728.png (519KB, 847x477px) Image search: [Google]
1474544930728.png
519KB, 847x477px
>>29079070
>>tackle and basic moves are weaker so you it's even less of a challenge
>>
>>29078623
STILL

NO

SOURCE
>>
Do you miss having to give it to a Pokémon? What if it worked the same, but with a significant decrease to EXP gained (100%/Pokémon in party)?
>>
It's a picture from XY ;)
>>
>>29078865
You're such a gamefreak shill.
>>
>>29079143
When you put that in those words, it makes you sound like a super casual player.
>>
File: 99o4gXv8ESRnrqrQ-F0OpQ_r.jpg (111KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
99o4gXv8ESRnrqrQ-F0OpQ_r.jpg
111KB, 750x537px
>>29078623
>>
>>29078656
Then leave it on. It's not fucking hard. If you want it off, turn it off. If you want it on, turn it on. It has a fucking switch for a reason.
>>
>>29080666
I have been seeing these around lately. Is there a generator for them?
>>
>>29078623
Good, that means you can turn it off for the challenge when you're playing through singleplayer, and turn it back on to supercharge grinding for postgame. Excellent.
>>
>>29078661
SLAYYYY
>>
>>29078881
See you in game
>>
File: 564.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
564.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>29078881
>>
>>29078623
I had a thought.
>Keep the Exp. Share as its own separate item.
>Create a new Exp. All that acts like this one. Earn it mid-way through the game.
>>
this is a good thing
>>
>>29078623
>so autistic he lacks the self control to turn it off when he doesn't wanna use it
That's your problem, not theirs. This isn't an argument, and there's nothing wrong with the EXP Share.
>>
Just thinking, if this kind of exp multiplier existed in RB I'd probably have faced Blue with a team of level 70 pokémon instead of being level 50, have the most boring time of my life and quit pokémon. Kids don't know self-restraint.
>>
>>29082888
The fact that the only solution to the exp share is to not use the exp share means it's broken.

>this bathroom toilet that doesn't flush properly isn't broken, just don't use it!!!
>>
>>29078623
This wouldn't be a problem if hard mode returned
>>
>>29082917
>This bathroom toilet that wipes your ass for you, flushes automatically, cleans itself, and sprays febreze after every flush isn't broken, if you don't like easy shits, just don't use it.

Fixed it for you, anon
>>
>>29083047
Great, then how do I shit?
>>
I find funny that people complain about this, yet they want the single Exp.Share back so that they DON'T want to train their Pokemon properly by making them fight.

They want a crutch but shit on people that want another. Hilarious.
>>
>>29080705
yes
>>
>>29083194
>What!? You don't want extreme option A or extreme option B!? Well FUCK YOU for wanting a balanced middle ground!
>>
>>29083244
>i'm not using crutches, i swear! I'm not like the others! I p-play properly! Uh? Making Magikarp fight? Why would i actually train it when i can just give it the exp.share? H-hahaha
>>
>>29083165
In your diaper like the toddler you are if you're throwing this much of a hissyfit over something you don't want to use that you don't have to use.
>>
>>29082917
>defecating in a toilet that can't flush and smelling up the bathroom for everyone else while making the janitor's job literally shittier

You are the worst kind of person.
>>
>people complain for over a decade about them not having a difficulty option in Pokémon
>they add one in XY right after you finish the first gym, just like hundreds of other games that let you do the tutorial before you choose difficulty
>queue people complaining that the game is too easy when they play on the easy difficulty setting
>"HURF DURF WELL OF COURSE I PLAY ON EASY MODE, WHY WOULD I HANDICAP MYSELF BY PLAYING A HARDER MODE?"
Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>29083612
Great job, you just described exp share apologists
>>
>>29083741
The exp share isn't any more of a difficulty option than not using the Pokemon Center is.
>>
>>29078656
the same fucking way you did in gens 1-5.

The gen 5 scaling will definitely help prevent some of the worst excesses it encouraged in XY though.
>>
>>29083778
You're literally giving yourself +250% experience. How is it not the easy mode.
>>
>OP trolls /vp/ with something as simple as this

Geez. No wonder people believe every leak with straight face.
>>
The best option, I feel, is to have an Exp. Share that can be given to a single Pokemon and have an Exp. All that can be turned on and off for the whole team. Lucky Egg is the closest you get, since it multiplies the experience gained to its holder instead of just giving a split of the experience gained to its holder. There be much less shitflinging about it if Exp. All was given later in the game to ease level-grinding for learning moves and evolving, but /vp/ will complain about it anyways.
>>
>>29078656
Turn it on with only two party members
>>
>>29083741
>queue
cue

Stage cues give directions
Queues are lines people stand in
>>
They should give everyone legendaries out the door, it's just too hard for kids today
If you don't like it, don't use it!
>>
>Scenario A

>Normal and Hard difficultty settings
>Exp. Share is unabailable in hard mode
>everything else is the same

>10/10 best game ever
>perfect
>muh dick
>partyhard.jpg
>finally!11!!

_-_-_-_

>Scenario B

>No difficulty settings
>Exp. Share can be turned off

>reeeeeeeee
>fuck gaymefreak
>casualization
>i'm done with this series
>*pasta-tier wall of text about how this ruins the game*
>>
They should have had the normal EXP share and then post-game you get the X/Y EXP share. Everyone happy!
>>
>>29084336
>using a slippery slope fallacy
Come on, at least include SOME bait on the hook
>>
>wanting a difficulty menu at the stsrt of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2dDF4B9a48
>>
>>29084437
it's not fallacy when they dumb each generation down more and more
like showing you move effectiveness so you don't even have to try to learn
>>
>>29084346
Somewhere in an alternate universe there's a /vp/ bitching about how GF should add some kind of experience sharing device because switching Pokemon takes up too much time.

Maybe their hardmode debate is about how traded mons get more experience so you can just trade your way to a quickly OP team even if the game's only just come out and you're mostly trading early bugs & birds.
>>
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN (faggot) QRSTUVWXYZ
>>
>>29078629
fpbp
>>
The problem I've had with the Gen 6 Exp Share is that, while on the one hand, it means you can train up new arrivals quickly and don't feel like you need to commit to the pokemon you already have, on the other is that you can go for long stints with a pokemon on your team that you just never use. Training up pokemon in the previous games could get tedious, but it also meant that you spent a lot of time getting a feel for and developing the style of each pokemon you trained. The Nu Exp Share is certainly more convenient, but it's less intimate.
>>
>>29085899
Then don't use it? Or make a conscious effort to use all your Pokemon?
>>
>>29080730
QUEEEEEN
>>
>>29085899
>blah blah blah feels
Fuck off
>>
Just called gamestop, apparently i'm the 5th person to cancel their preorder within the LAST hour.

S/M DEAD ON ARRIVAL
>>
>>29078623
Why would they change it back? Pokemon isnt for us. Its for casuals and children.
>>
>>29078929
not during a nuzlocke
>>
>>29084037
You're literally giving yourself free HP, status, and PP recovery

Omgg the pokemon center is actually a difficulty mode guys
>>
>>29078623
honestly this version of the EXP Share is perfect fot mass EV training post-game

just have it be available mid to late game and then its fine
>>
>>29078923
Holy fuck, there's autism and then theres this.
>>
>>29078923
You're free to turn it off and not use it, that's not artificial difficulty, that's the game giving you a choice. You act as if you're forced to use it because the default is on.
>>
>>29085986
lol cringe
kys kid if you take pokemon that srsly with xp share
>>
It seems kind of foolish to complain about Pokemon's difficulty at this point, especially if you're over the age of 18 and not the 10 year old target demo. There's nothing stopping you from playing something else more engaging, and most of the end game in the Pokemon series is battling other people anyway so who cares if the process to get to that point is streamlined a little
>>
>>29084576
>it's not fallacy when they dumb each generation down more and more
Your opinion really. It's aimed at kids. It's not getting dumbed down, you're just getting smarter (using the loosest sense of the word that is).
>>
>>29079225
Of course, everyone knows that all hardcore players play on the easiest difficulty.
>>
>>29078923
>ut what am I supposed to gain from that?
A better question is what do you gain from leaving it on other than a watered down experience?
Using your hand and feet example if you switched to your feet you would gain more dexterity with your toes.

In Pokemon turning it off puts the game back to regular levels.
>>
>>29078656
>Hmm
reddit doesn't even hide itself
>>
>>29078755
no it didn't, in gen1 the message are so slow it's faster to individually raise the 6 pokes than using the share.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.