[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ - Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

File: when she sees your seviper.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
when she sees your seviper.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
when the only thread on /vp/ you care about is dead edition

POST YOUR PROGRESS OR START A NEW RUN

pre-patched romhacks:
start up a rom of your choice (or legit game if you're that guy) and start up a run so this thread can actually last more than a day
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg

the old pastebin:

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8
>>
I started Red 151 last night and it's interesting. I was looking for a simple hack that adds the blue exclusives and removes trade evos, but this takes it a step further by pretty drastically altering wild catches. I'm not even through Viridian Forest and I already have an Ekans, Meowth, and Poliwag plus my starter. It's pretty neat, but I cant find any info online if he changed movepools at all. I know a number of weak Pokemon have had their stats bumped though.

Anyone played this hack? Wonder how fun it is to nuzlocke. I know Gen 1 like the back of my hand so the different catches and apparently harder trainer battles might be nice. The full color and Gen 2 sprites are a nice touch. All its missing is a run button.
>>
>>29074524
>when the only thread on /vp/ you care about is dead edition
i try my best to bump and create new threads anon

but i was on vacation the past days ;_;

>>29074713
play red++ or red deluxe

those 151 games have some bullshit on them iirc
>>
>>29074842
Those hacks all change it a bit too drastically with new types and Johto creatures being added. The one I'm playing is by Blues from those romhacking forums, so it seems a bit more thought was put into it than those anonymous 151 edits floating around at least.
>>
>>29074994
hmm, i see your point. very well then. i don't mind the hacks that add johto mons in kanto because even the devs did that with houndoom/houndour for GSC but i can understand if you dont like it
>>
File: Update-1.gif (3MB, 1072x603px) Image search: [Google]
Update-1.gif
3MB, 1072x603px
I spent a stupid amount of time figuring out how to make this work but I really wanted the animated sprites.
Anyways, this hack is a lot of fun so far. I'm playing blind though so I'm worried.
Torchic and Phanpy died to crit bullshit and Swinub sacrificed himself to Lovrina for the greater good of the team. They will be missed.
>>
Left 4 Deadlocke rules
Pokemon faints it dies
All pokemon must be nicknamed
Must only have 4 pokemon in the party at a time
Dupes clause only activates when the pokemon is in your party
A pokemon can be revived by Revives you find in the wild, but must be revived immediately after death.

Now, that I have the formalities out of the way. Pokemon Yellow team right now just left Lavender Town and I'm on my way to Celadon
Johnny the Gyrados Lv 25
Jal the Magnemite Lv 20
Jenny the Charmeleon Lv 21
Jerry the Nidoking Lv 26

It's a decent challenge. There is a lot more team planning I have to do when someone dies.
>>
>>29076209
>A pokemon can be revived by Revives you find in the wild, but must be revived immediately after death.
dropped
>>
File: 1412025831403.jpg (26KB, 413x565px) Image search: [Google]
1412025831403.jpg
26KB, 413x565px
>>29076209
>using dupes clause AND having a revive clause

Nuzlockes have two simple rules and you're bending them. why even bother nuzlocking then? just call it an assorted challenge.
>>
>>29076209
Terrible ruleset. A dupes clause is fine for you own sanity and to promote using Pokemon you'd miss otherwise, but fuck off with that revive shit.
>>
File: 1457975891014.png (31KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1457975891014.png
31KB, 321x322px
>>29076209
A death is a death anon
Now you'll have to suck me off
>>
>>29075696
I was really just looking for something that would limit it to the original 151, but the more I read up on Red++ the more interesting it sounds anyway. I might give it a shot.

My Red 151 ended rather abruptly anyway when my team was wiped out by a Bug Catcher's Exeggcute spamming Barrage anyway. I forgot how nice the physical/special split was too.
>>
File: fifth badge GET.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fifth badge GET.png
7KB, 240x160px
fifth gym has been relatively easy, especially thanks to Deep Yawn spam
>>
File: Double BULLSHIT.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Double BULLSHIT.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>29076732
the double battle with dialga and palkia cost my dear Dugtrio its life tho.
>>
So how bad of an idea is it to try to do a volt white 2 nuzlocke blind?
>>
Every time a new game comes out I think I'll nuzlocke it blind, and then I end up deciding not to a couple hours in

Should I just go for it this time?
>>
File: Namnlös.png (134KB, 749x726px) Image search: [Google]
Namnlös.png
134KB, 749x726px
>>29077065
why not?
>>
>>29077065
Go for it you've got nothing to lose, and it would be pretty fun to do
>>
>>29077156
Because I think I'll have a great fun time and then I see all these new gen pokemon I want to try and end up with pidgey/ledyba/etc and break the nuzlocke

I guess I'll try it and break the nuzlocke if I end up missing a bunch of new pokemon I wanted to try out
>>
>>29077229
I just pirate the opposite version. Play one normal and nuz the other.
>>
>>29077283
Oh right, I forgot I was going to steal the game anyway
>>
>>29077353
Forgot to add can't decide whether to nuzlocke the game first or play normally, maybe I'll nuzlocke it first on the opposite version just for the blind nuzlocke experience
>>
>>29077156
shut up zinnia
>>
File: 1472621830925s.jpg (12KB, 210x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472621830925s.jpg
12KB, 210x250px
I just realized that I had an edit of OP's image that I never used.
>>
>>29077033
It depends on how much you're willing to grind at the beginning.
>>
Someone pick my Red++ starter
>>
>>29077388
But Flannery, you're my waifu
>>
>getting fucked in Viola's gym (Eternal X) without items because I never realized you could go back after going down into the web
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>29078304
Squirtle
>>
File: WOOOOOOOOO.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
WOOOOOOOOO.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>29076752
>deep yawn
>sub
>baton pass
>crunchin' and surfin' through the gym
holy fuck Floatzel is the ultimate bro. Seems like in every run I do there is a water-type punching above its weight (last time was golduck)
>>
Anons pick my starter for a Volt White 2 blind nuzlocke.
>>
>>29079571
Tepig
>>
>>29079571
Tepig
>>
File: Pokemon Black2 random.png (594KB, 800x497px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Black2 random.png
594KB, 800x497px
let's do this
>>
File: VW01.png (236KB, 1260x341px) Image search: [Google]
VW01.png
236KB, 1260x341px
>>29079585
>>29079616
Tepig it is, Its nature is not horrible at least, but i had expected for its ability to be changed
>>
File: VW02.png (241KB, 1352x339px) Image search: [Google]
VW02.png
241KB, 1352x339px
>>29080174
Moody bidoof as a first catch makes my pretty happy
>>
What's everyone's favorite romhack
>>
>>29078304
Howd you get it to work? I unzipped the file and everything, but it still doesn't work. Im on Android btw
>>
>>29077229
Maybe have a clause where you can only catch the first pokemon that's new that gen, so you have to use the new pokemon rather than older stuff.
>>
>>29080965
either BBVW (as well as the sequels) or Red++
>>
>>29080965
Haven't played many but Polished Crystal was pretty much perfect.
>>
>>29080965
Emerald National Dex
It does what i like in romhacks - more mon variety (without just throwing random pokemon everywhere) and increased (but still doable) difficulty

as much as i like drayano hacks, i just can't agree with many of the changes he feels "necessary" to the game
>>
>>29081090
I used the Ultimate GB Injector to inject it and install on my 3DS.

Too bad the author only used the Gen 2 sprites and not the full color portion of the hack. Going to have to play without color.
>>
I want to do something I call a nuzluck where I tweak the shiny rate to 1 in 100 or so and can only use shinies. I think it would be fun since you don't know when you get your next Mon and you have a chance to use fishing caught or npc trade mons this way.

Any way to do this? Or are there any hacks that already have an increased shiny chance?
>>
>>29081903
Polished crystal if memory serves has an increased shiny rate, so you could try that
>>
>>29081971
it's still 1/1000 or something, you may not even find a full team during a run
>>
I know there was an anon making a romhack in these threads. How hard is it, and how long did it take? And let's assume you start with Fire Red as a base? Asking here since the romhack general is MIA.
>>
File: shit.png (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
13KB, 240x160px
>>29078934
so the fucking psychic gymv leader stuffed her team with hax items and managed to kill three of my mons before I eventually beat her. Right after the battle she healed my whole team, revivng dead members.
Now, dead is dead, and I should permabox my floatzel and houndoom and try to grudge my way through this bullshit of a game, but I'm very close to just declare the challenge over because this game is just ridiculous. Metagross does not learn Wood Hammer and there might be a good reason for that, mr. Slant-eyed hacker.
/rant
>>
>>29083577
I know how angry you are anon, but honestly if you've made it this far you should probably just pull through and finish the run
>>
>>29083761
I still have a lot of bullshit to deal with
>yet another Team Plot hideout
>Mewtwo's haxed team gym
>yet another plot showdown
>the victory road with only 4 mons considering I'll need a Surf and Strenght/Rock Smash slave
>the TWO rival battles right after the victory road
>the league
All of this with maybe 1 or 2 good catches left.
Unless I grind to like level 80 I'm going to wipe at mewtwo
>>
>>29083853
>Team Plot
is this seriously the bad team name?

and i thought that fan game with TEAM DARKNESS was bad
>>
>>29083893
it's team Dark Hole
It has even a kickass battle theme and your typical "conquer the world by catching this legendary pokemon" goal. The most aggravating thing about Pokemon vega is that everything is extremely well-made and polished but the game itself, which is nothing but a kaizo grindfest.
with like two or three tweaks it could pass as a legit pokemon game.
>>
>>29081903
Pokémon Pyrite has a 1/256 shiny chance. It's much more difficult than regular Crystal, but all the grinding you'll do just gives more chances to catch a shiny.
>>
>>29085097
Badump
>>
Pick a starter for my storm silver run
>>
>>29088239
chikorita
>>
File: Fug.png (80KB, 721x343px) Image search: [Google]
Fug.png
80KB, 721x343px
>>29088454
Well i knew that eventually i would be forced to used this thing in a nuzlocke run
>>
>>29085331
Thank you so much. every other hack I've seen is 1 in 500 or more, which is impractical for what I wanted. I'll try this out.
>>
>>29089163
you would be surprised how good chikorita can be. screens and magical leaf/petal dance can do wonders if you arne't stupid
>>
>>29089296
nice try chikorita you almost fooled me
but your stupid head leaf can't type "aren't" properly
>>
>>29089296
Apparently so can Giga Drain, Frenzy Plant, and Headbutt.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.