[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this on animenews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Prism.png (132KB, 354x409px) Image search: [Google]
Prism.png
132KB, 354x409px
If there is a news of Prism in animenews already, this essentially means it will eventually be taken down by nintendo.
>>
Uranium wasn't taken down by Nintendo, the guy took it down because he was scared it would/and or conspiracies about wanting publicity
>>
>>29061772
As long as they don't take donations they'll probably be fine.
>>
>>29061803
That in the beginning, yes, but eventually Nintendo took it down for good
>>
>>29061772
1. Uranium wasn't C/D'd by Nintendo.
2. Uranium and Prism are two different things. Uranium had all kinds of stupid fakemon garbage while Prism is a remix style romhack.
>>
>>29061772
I dont think romhacks can be taken down
>>
>>29061818
This.

Prism is literally a Crystal Patch

Uranium is from the ground up, but at the same time steals assets and took money in to work on it
>>
>>29061772
I waited eight years for this and I swear to god I will snap if it gets killed this close to release.
>>
>>29061828
>took money in to work on it
Well, guess this makes a big impact.
Luckily this means prism and the edgy fangames are safe (yes, I like them).
>>
>>29061821
This. Hacks are different than fan games from a legal standpoint. They really can't do anything about them. I mean, just look at the thousands of Mario ROM hacks out there doing just fine since 2000.
>>
Nintendo did C/D fan projects for Smash and Metroid though, I dunno what compelled them to advertise it like this rather than doing a stealth release.
>>
>>29061852

Because the Prism guy needed help and TPP offered him the help, but in exchange that they get the game first.
>>
>>29061821
If they actually add the rom itself it could get taken down but if they make it a rom patcher they can't do anything.
>>
>>29061887
yea, if they jsut release an .ips file theres nothing that they can do about it
>>
>Hacks can't be taken down

Square C&D'd Crimson Echoes. Just saying.
>>
>>29061818
Plus Nintendo probably didn't want people to associate Pokemon with all that nuclear shit especially after that reactor meltdown in japan
>>
>>29061817
This isn't true at all. Nintendo never even touched Uranium. If anything the devs just generated more false hype for their average romhack by lying about that.
>>
>no new pokemon

why even care
>>
>>29061821
Well, I don't know if its connected but a while back, I wanted to play Blaze Black/2 and all the links the creator posted were supposedly taken down by Nintendo even though it was only a patch.
>>
I know there was a beta tester anon who tried to do a leak thread once but hardly anything came out of it. Wish I saved those few screenshots. Does he still browse /vp/? Now would be a very good time for him to leak the rom.
>>
>>29062068
Oh hey I think I remember that thread
>>
>>29061915
You can send a C&D notices all you want, I get C&D notices all the time but the companies that send me it never go after me. If Square ever sent a DMCA takedown notice then I would see your point.
>>
>>29062087
So you're telling me you'd risk court over Pokemon.
>>
>>29061982
There's a couple of fakemon legendaries in it just so new lore doesn't overlap with pre-existing lore for old legendaries
>>
>>29061772
>lets call our fan game Pokemon
>lets also use the same font

>w-wait why'd our game get taken down?
>>
This grandstanding shit they're doing is dumb and they should've stayed quiet until it was released and ready

Though this wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for clickbait nerd "news"

>>29061852
PM was not C&D'd, the team planned to move on to something new and original after it and their lawyers advised to drop PM completely as to not paint any targets on their asses

Nintendo did get AM2R taken down though
>>
>>29062187
So what's your opinion on Uranium then? I heard they stopped because people were making money off of it but I saw someone here claim it was actually a C&D but there was no tripcode with the username but it was a username prominent in the Essentials community that I don't think most anons would know.
>>
>>29062104
Yeah, try it. If I'm not making money off it and don't release the rom with it, I'm legally innocent. They wouldn't take me to court anyways, even if they say the will. C&D notices mean nothing.
>>
>>29062187
Only 8 bit hacks dont taken down. Rest do.
>>
>>29062234
Something just hit me though.

Aren't they technically making money with Prism via Twitch subscribers?
>>
Not him

I think in this case it's more of an indirect way.Like when you do playthroughs in youtube
>>
Even if it does get C&D'd the ips file will leak. Just like Nintendo can't eliminate every AM2R download link and every Uranium download link.
>>
>>29062300
Well there have been plenty romhacks made by TPP that they've played that haven't been attacked but I guess Nintendo could go after TPP if they want to.
>>
>>29062376
But Prism is geting """news""" coverage.

As someone who really loves ROM hacking I'm getting a little worried.
>>
>>29062187
AM2R was taken down because Nintendo feared that would interfere with eShop purchases of Metroid 2. They're smart enough to know that just because the developer says to buy Metroid 2 on the eShop doesn't mean that a lot of people will do it.
>>
>>29062393
TPP has also got a lot of """news""" coverage, still hasn't been attacked even know Nintendo can do it if they want to. Worst case scenario is TPP gets their channel removed.
>>
File: fHFnBWo.png (84KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
fHFnBWo.png
84KB, 840x480px
Remember this one? Everytime I do I feel physical pain.
>>
>>29062481
I guess that's true but what I'm worried about is thread related
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/28697605/#28697605

Though I wonder if OP was a fake.
>>
File: wigglytuff.png (83KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuff.png
83KB, 200x200px
>>29061772
That is usually how things work, yes.

Corporations generally already know about pretty much all fan games and whatnot but they have no need to care about it as long as said fanworks doesn't get too famous for them to feign ignorance. if it's brought up in court.

Though it's not certain there will be a take down of course.
>>
Prims is ssafe... r-right, guys?
>>
>>29062510
I've never even heard of that one before.
>>
what's the difference between this and the pokemon prism thats been around for a while now (the one where you start with larvitar)
is it the same game just updated and finished?
>>
>>29064587
Its close to being finished, seems tpp had early access and is helping
>>
>>29061982
That's the beat kind of hack
>>
>>29061982
Well, some people prefer fakemon. Others prefer just having the official ones
>>
>>29062510
Is that like some OC Donut Steel Meloetta?
>>
>>29061772
Once released it will live in the Internet forever in the form of P2P sharing.
>>
>>29062187
PM wasn't C&Dd but they moved on because they feared nintendo would go after them in the future.
>>
>>29062692
There's a big difference between a remix game and a game that steals assets and combines them with new ones. Fundamentally Prism helps to build Nintendo's brand while Uranium dilutes it. They will only go after Prism if its developers try to make money on it.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.