[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we make him a likeable character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ash.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
How can we make him a likeable character?
>>
>>29057274
in his sinnoh encarnation?

Impossible
>>
>>29057274
If he went home and was replaced as main character by Alain.
>>
>>29057274
>make the next season of pokemon be about 30 years later than the current one
>ash has went back and won every league and is now a successful trainer
>new series revolves around ash's child.
>>
>>29057317
this
>>
>>29057317
>Alain
ew
>>
>>29057274
Basically

1) make him never reset, release Pokemon and acting like a retard at the start of every new series

2)make him sexually active: his Pokemon quest is an excuse to impregnate his harem. Let him fuck his female companions and build a house where he lives with all of them
>>
>>29057274
I thought he was likable when I last watched it.

But I last watched it in 2000.
>>
File: ashgreninja.png (969KB, 720x1100px) Image search: [Google]
ashgreninja.png
969KB, 720x1100px
The problem with the anime is that there is so much to focus on that it's hard to give the main character any depth. You have to give all of his travelling companions personality, you have to give every pokemon he and his travelling companions own personality, and by the end of it, when you make a new episode you have to give the side characters/pokemon the focus so that you can make unique episodes based on their personalities how many times can i type fucking personality

This is why (although I'm sure many people will disagree) I think the episodes where he is best is the ones where its a great battle like a gym/rival/league battle where you actually get to see HIS personality as the focal point for a change. I think many people will just disagree and say that he's a shit character altogether and I say that's a fair point to make, but I think what I'm saying has some baring as to why you would think he is such an awful character.
>>
>>29057274
Make him a self-insert based on me that gets all the pussy and wins everything.
>>
File: dr pavel.jpg (121KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dr pavel.jpg
121KB, 960x720px
>>29057274
Replace him after Kanto, he wasn't so bad back then.

Even had some nice charm to him.
>>
>>29057274
different idea: do it like the Yugioh anime and just have a different protag every other series.
that way nobody gets upset. Yusei, Yuya and Yugi are totally cool. I only don't like Jaden.

Ash, however...well, let's just say I want him and the dumb jolt rat dead. Jessie and James and Meowth can stay forever. they are supercool.
>>
>>29057274
It's too late to do that.

>>29057297
>le ash is the doctor argument
>>
>>29057403
Anon, this show has overall been going on for 20 years and each gen lasts around 3 years. There's way more than enough time to do all the stuff you said and more.
You seriously need to watch other anime.
>>
Cut his hair. Slightly worked for Serena.
>>
File: f6,21.jpg (143KB, 728x1057px) Image search: [Google]
f6,21.jpg
143KB, 728x1057px
>>29057319
>new series resolves around previous protagonist's child
I dislike this idea.
DBZ tried doing that and it had mixed results.
Shaman King Flowers is shit (one of the reasons being Yoh's son).
>>
People are usually not so overenthusiastic and happy. Toning him down a bit would make me like him more. But it's a kids anime made with children in mind so they definitely shouldn't do that.
>>
>>29057274
He already is one ever since XY started.
>>
>>29057274
Evolve Pikachu
>>
>>29057317
This. Alain proved that having an OP protagonist is fun. If I could replace the Ashime with Alain sweeping through every region I would without a second thought.
>>
>>29057762
When I was kid, I thought that was going to be the case. It would've been nice to see it play out that way though.
>>
mature him, make him like he was in sinnoh (they really emphasized how smart of a battler he was here, while keeping the arrogence and stuborness that made him his own character in Kanto, and using the knowledge he gained in the Battle Frontier), explain his liniage and connection to aura, make him go through hardships again like he did with Brenden, where he had to relearn what being a trainer was really about. Tons of things they can with his character.
>>
>>29058654
Dude sweeps the fuck out if everyone in kalos and gets a girlfriend in a single season. Fuck Ash that goddamn retard.
>>
>>29057274
First you gotta make him a charater
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.