[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that Pokken exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_7001-DarkraiPokken2106356957.jpg (123KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7001-DarkraiPokken2106356957.jpg
123KB, 1776x1000px
All this talk about potential announcements, leaks, and MAYBE new info... and nobody seems to care that they confirmed there will be an announcement in two days about Pokken getting two new characters being added to the roster?
>>
Cause we already know it's Scizor and Empoleon, and no one cares cause the game is nothing special, it's not something new unlike Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29055473
Are they announcing two?

Empoleon and Scizor then, right?
>>
is this some Chinese rip-off? reported
>>
>>29055473
I actually loaded it up the other day because of the Scizor files, if he was in he'd be my main. I was just leveling up some other Pokemon to get back into it.

But I feel fucking blueballed. I bet they'll just fucking drop the Wii U version altogether.
>>
>>29055473
No one gives a shit. Only Pii U cucks give any amount of shits, and its mostly stockholm syndrome forced.

Pokemon fans dont give a shit because all they let us play as are pandered shit nobody wants except for the 1 or 2 malinformed normalfags.

Fightingfags dont give a shit because its an unholy abomination of Tekken.

Literally no one cares. Fuck off.
>>
I lay awake every night due to the crushing fact that Pokken was shit
>>
>>29055473
Was it not a bluff?
>>
>>29055500

Someone needs to get laaaaaaaid
>>
>>29055500
>because its an unholy abomination of Tekken

this shit wishes it was anything like Tekken, then maybe it'd be fun
>>
>>29055484

For all we know, they could just be support.
>>
File: image.png (176KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
176KB, 390x250px
>>29055500
>>
>>29055503
why? It looks fun
>>
>>29055500
Damn Anon, why you so angry?

It's a fun game, it just needs more than like 2 characters.
>>
>>29055484
>no one cares cause the game is nothing special

Except it has the soundtrack of the year so far for vidya, and it's a really good game

>it's not something new unlike Sun and Moon.
How the fuck is pokken not something new when it's a new spinoff compared to just another generation?
>>
>>29055503
>implying

What rank are you and what's your W/L ratio
>>
>>29055473
14th right? But what time?
>>
>>29055473
>STILL no pokken based pron
>>
>>29055500
Bet you'd be fun at parties if you were ever invited.
>>
Trash game full of creator pets (and waifus)
>>
The fact that we don't talk about it is because they haven't announced it for Wii U copies of the game.
>>
I feel like every generation, there's bound to be one fighting game that is relatively unknown/played, but is fucking amazing.

Power Stone, Gotcha Force, Tatsunoko v Capcom, and now Pokken. It's just part of the cycle.

Pokken's a kickass game. I hope if NX is backwards compatible, it'll have some life breathed into it.
>>
How do we know it's Scizor and Empoleon?
Damn gen 4 is over represented here
>>
>>29056224

13th, no official time mentioned.

>>29056351

Considering that Darkrai was datamined from a WiiU update before the initial announcement, it's pretty safe to say that they will be coming to WiiU.

>>29056235
Actually...
>>
>>29056371
I haven't kept up with the news, so I'm not entirely sure that they're announcing 2 fighters at the moment.(though correct me if I'm wrong)

However, we know it's them because of datamining. Darkrai was found before the reveal with a decent amount of moves, and Scizor was in as well with a Mega attatched, implying a playable fighter. Empoleon had less, but given the fact that it had no partner Pokemon, it's unlikely that it'd be an assist.
>>
>>29055491
>How do we know it's Scizor and Empoleon?

Files for darkrai, Scizor, and empoleon were found in one of the patches, and since then dakrai came out on arcade
>>
>>29056235
The humans in that game are boring.
>>
>>29056367
I couldn't get into Pokken. The 3D portions of the game just feel way too awkward and stiff.
>>
>>29056390

Several files were found for Darkrai, but very little data was found for Scizor, and even less for Empoleon, they could just be support.
>>
>>29056403
How long did you try it for?

Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean. The 3D portions are locked to an axis that revolve around each other, so even though it's a full arena, it locks you into a head on, SC/Tekken-ISH style, so yeah, it definitely feels weird at first. You see one thing on screen, and it controls differently than you expect.

I found myself getting used to it after a decent amount of time with the game, and I actually prefer that they have it set that way for the sake of focus. If you have the game, and haven't spent much time on it, I'd stick with it for a minute. I found myself satisfied with investment.
>>
>>29056395
Who said anything about that?
>>
>>29056367
Same here if nothing but to help save the NX from no-gamesitis. Nintendo has not mentioned much of anything for launch. Pokemon games come every 2-3 years so don't hold your breath for pokemon on the console unless it's pokken 2 or one of those pokemon park baby games and anything else will be too soon.

Thankfully Pokken is surprisingly playable. I have seen bad fighters and good fighters and this is no worse than the last Soul Calibur was as long as you forgive the small, weird roster.
>>
>>29056432
I played Practice mode for a couple hours, I played against about two people online and about three hours on CPUs. It's mostly that besides the weird feeling that I can only move in eight directions, my attacks feel really slow in 3D, they're extremely predictable and I don't really know how anyone can't just block them with ease. I don't know if it's just me or if Blaziken was just shitty.
>>
>>29056457
Oh then go to agnph and type in your favorite fighter. You don't have to put pokken on after their names.
>>
>>29056465
The move timing is delayed. Work off predicting your opponents most likely move instead of snap timing. Learning combos helps a lot.
>>
>>29056465
Well, the game's designed so the majority of combat takes place in the 2d phase.

Especially with a character like blaziken, you aren't supposed to be trying to fight in the 3d phase, you are just trying to get in and shift it back to 2d where your character is better off.

>>29056459
>as long as you forgive the small, weird roster.
I don't get this complaint. 16 fighters is way more then most first installments for fighting games have, it's as much as SF5.

secondly, the roster every marketing pokemon (charizard, pikachu, lucario, mewtwo), every super popular pokemon outside of those (gardevoir, garchomp, blaziken, gengar), and then a bunch of pokemon that are popular amongst more hardcore fans (weavile, machamp, sceptile, chandelure).

The only oddities are Braixen and Suicuine, and even suicuine is pretty popuilar
>>
>>29056514
>>29056527
It just seems extremely hard to get in playing 3D. The only reliable thing I found to get past a guard was a grab, but something like that makes an approach way too predictable. I want to get into 2D mode because that's the only place I feel comfortable, but it feels impossible with how slow I am.
>>
>>29055473
Source?
>>
>>29056537
Well, i'm not a blaziken player, but as a weavile player I know that what fucks me over the most when playing against blaizkens is that you have your enhanced specials that pierce counters it's extremely difficult to tell when you are gonna go for a normal speccial vs an enhanced ones, and they come out rather fast so easy for me to fuck up and counter when the other person is using an ehanced one and then I get fucked, and your pressure is utterly overwhelming and having a blaziken get in my face and start to pull out all their specials and mix in enhanced versions is scary as fuck and makes me panic
>>
>>29056587
It's on Serebii, from a week or so back.

>>29056527
>I don't get this complaint. 16 fighters is way more then most first installments for fighting games have

Neither do I. It's the most common complaint for the game as well, which is so strange.

I get that it's Pokemon, and there's a wide variety of playable fighters to choose from, but they're an experienced fighting game developer, and so they chose to bite off exactly what they could chew. The game is pretty damn balanced, all things considered, and the roster is filled with mainly the most iconic Pokemon first.

In retrospect, it may have been better to sacrifice the balance they had, and focus on a larger roster. The game would've been worse as a result, but I don't think the hordes of casual pokken players would've cared that much.

>>29056537
Grab is the traditional way to get past gaurd, but there's also a lot of shield pressure and chip damage, so it's not wise for players to be too gaurd heavy. There are command grabs on some characters as well that make for more mobile grabs. There's also a decent amount of cooldown on shield drops and after attacks, so you can't switch between attacking and gaurding as quickly as you can in other games (especially Smash).

They have to attack sometime, otherwise you'll just chip them to death.
>>
>still no Heracross

Is this a joke?
>>
only Braixen fans defend this game, you know...
>>
>>29056675
I think the problem is more lack of elemental representations making the pool feel smaller than it is. It's mostly fire and has two pikachus. Why not hawlucha instead of a second pikachu? They would do similar moves but look much different.
>>
>>29056747
Japan got to vote for a character and they voted Luchachu, blame them
I for one main my girl R. Pika so I have no complaints
>>
>>29056747
The only types absent are normal and bug, and scizor is virtually confirmed at this point
>>
>>29056747
I can sort of see what you mean. I think it would've been good to add Venusaur and Blastoise as well to give a better rounded feel, in spite of "m-m-muh genwunners."

Of the criticisms with the game's roster, I can totally understand being pissed about Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu#2. From what I understand, Libre was put in as a result of a Japanese poll, though.
>>
>>29056767
I bet it was a limited list, too.

>>29056768
A quarter of the roster is still fire, though, and that's too much. Hybrid types don't help when one of their two elements is overused.
>>
>>29056747
arbitrary representations are what's ruining roster "ideas"

it's the same shit as "muh females" or "muh villains"
>>
>>29056388
Oh right, 13th, 14th was the pokemon sm vid
>>
>>29056796
Feraligater and seviper would be more viable due to speed, agility, and range of attacks. Glare as a status move would help check some of the fast spammers.

Also why not a normal type? Kangaskhan or Linnone could be cool.
>>
>>29056926
I mentioned Blastoise and Venusaur, not so much for their ease of implementation, but because theyre the most iconic stronghold for a trio of Fire-Water-Grass to the general public, and would create a solid image of variety to onlookers. It's hard to deny good type representation, when the face of your game is the 3 starters, an electric type, psychic, and fighting type.

Overall, I agree with >>29056894 in that in the end, as far as mechanics and play go, it's totally arbitrary. They don't have a checklist of types/generation representation/startersvsnon-starters/whatever to go through, theyre just doing either what is popular, what looks cool/fun to use, or a mixture of both.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more types and Pokemon in general, I just don't think the concern for that is there.
>>
>>29056683
Contrary to heracrossfag belief, Heracross isn't actually THAT relevant
>>
>>29057028
>gets a mega
>always the most frequent namedrop in bro threads

Yep hes pretty irrelevant
>>
File: 1475594442123.jpg (21KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1475594442123.jpg
21KB, 500x667px
>>29055473
The game plays okay as a quick game to dick around, prob the worst fighter I've played from a depth perspective. I think everyone's upset that there was so much source material to work with and they've managed to fuck it up in like 10 different ways.
>>
I never bought a wii u. But id main gengar/weavile anyway.

Darkrai looks like hed be fun to try.
>>
>>29056421
Scizor has Mega Evolution data.
>>
>>29056675

Part of it is the fact that, being Pokemon, some are going to complain that their favorite out of over 700 didn't make it in. Although, having over 700 designs to choose from means a lot of the character design is already made for them.

However, on the other hand, another part of it is how rather random some of the choices were. I mean, we have three fire starters, two pikachus, and a chandelier.... many felt that they didn't have an excuse to have such a small roster if they put Pikachu in twice when there are literally several hundred others to pick from.

>>29056767
IIRC, the poll was between which version of Cosplay Pikachu, so it's not like they voted for Libre out of other non-pikachu choices. People tend to omit that part when defending Libre by mentioning the contest...
>>
>>29055473
Projectile heavy playis too good. It makes it really un-fun to just be spammed at and zoned out. Watch any high level play
>>
>>29057051
Yes Audino is the most relevant Unova mon after all
>>
Only waifufags like Audino
>>
reminder Pokken is actually good for being a first version of a fighting game, fighting games usually take 3 games to become decent.
>>
>>29058735
t. butthurt pinsir fag
>>
>>29055500
>Pandered shit
>Chandelure, Sceptile, Braixen, Machamp and Weavile are playable
Is... is this the power of bait?
>>
File: 1476097347613.jpg (130KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1476097347613.jpg
130KB, 728x546px
>this is being developed by Scamco instead of a new Soul Calibur
>it's Soul Calibur's 20th anniversary too
>>
>>29055500

>He's STILL buttmad Pokken made it to EVO
>>
>>29059932
I bet he's the guy that's always complaining about Swampert not being in it.
>>
>>29060017
So?

Anyway dark rai and scizor and empoelN.

Then maybe one more to make it 20.
>>
>>29055500

Mixing 3D and 2D fighting is pretty neat

Suck my dick anonkun

Your probably upset your favorite shitmon didn't make it
>>
I think it was pretty good. Was annoyed at Garchomp being THE Ground representative when it's a type with so many great pokes and at the gen 4 pandering in general, but other than that pretty solid.

A second, more polished installment with a bigger roster would likely make a great game.
>>
>>29060192
Pokken 2.
>>
>>29059932
>Chandelure
Popular at least in Japan, where it is the most popular Gen 5 mon
>Sceptile
Popular enough to be one of the highest requested Pokemon in Sm4sh
>Braixen
Not sure of this one
>Machamp
Popular with genwunners, though even Machamp's own fans will downplay his real popularity
>Weavile
One of the most popular Gen 4 mons
>>
>>29055473
I'll by the dlc for the Wii U if it comes out. Any word on that?
>>
>>29060407
Braixen is popular with furfags both in the West and in Japan.
>>
>>29060226
For NX.
Just be patient.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.