[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon may have been influenced by Yo-Kai Watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: Yo-Kai Watch.png (200KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Yo-Kai Watch.png
200KB, 500x335px
I'm playing through Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits right now and I think Pokemon took some inspiration from this franchise.

>The trial challenges are similar to the mini quests (requests/favors) in Yo-Kai Watch.
>The animation of the Z-Moves are very similar to when the protagonist of Yo-Kai Watch summons a Yo-Kai.
>Then there's the upcoming S/M anime which looks wackier and more cartoony which seems to be geared towards younger audiences. They're trying to rival the rapid growing popularity of Yo-Kai Watch.
>The Z-Ring toy reminds many Japanese fans of the Yo-Kai Watch itself.
>>
>>29055239
Bit slow to the ball, anon.
The Yokai Watch influence has been clear since very, very early on. Hell, there have been threads spamming this sentiment for months on end.

How'd you miss all that?
>>
>>29055239
You have spent your mother's expendable income poorly.
>>
>>29055272
I didn't know that the party's well underway.

>>29055273
I'm earning my own money. And I'm quite enjoying the game, so not a waste at all.
>>
Why wouldn't they copy their competition? Yokai watch is actually selling as much if not more than the pokemon games are in Japan.
>>
>>29055239
Also z-moves are basically soultiimate moves
>>
>>29055327

Bet you Sun/Moon sells more in Japan in its opening week than YW3 will have there in all of 2016.
>>
Yes, digimon appli monster and monster hinter stories too
>>
>>29055366

Yes, Pokémon is ripping off all these poorer-selling franchises because, um, because fans of those other franchises said so, I guess.

As retarded as those that claim Keldeo's creation was due to Friendship Is Magic.
>>
>>29055380
>Yokai
>Selling poorer

Slowpoke here.
>>
No shit, but I feel the need to point out Yo-kai Watch is on a notable decline in Japan already and that there were already Z-Ring like toys for the Mega Ring in Japan before YW made it really big

The only influence that bothers me is Z-Moves, it's handled fine in Inazuma Eleven, Danball Senki, and Yo-kai Watch because they're regular parts of your arsenal and strategy and the title cards are uniform and not specialized and incredibly tacky
>>
>>29055389

But it is? X/Y, Monster Hunter 4 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf are the only 3DS games to crack the four million mark in Japan. No YW game has done so.

>Slowpoke here.

Says the guy who apparently thinks it's 2014 and YW is still what it once was in Japan. YW3 is selling worse than a fucking spin-off game (Busters), and like half of YW2.
>>
>>29055435
2 sold like five million IIRC but only if you add the third version released half a year later to the total which generally isn't done for anything else
>>
>>29055239
>>The trial challenges are similar to the mini quests (requests/favors) in Yo-Kai Watch.
Or mini quests in every fucking JRPG ever.

>>The animation of the Z-Moves are very similar to when the protagonist of Yo-Kai Watch summons a Yo-Kai.
What the fuck? No. YW has a classic japanese "bracelet uses item inserted by MC" plus an "introductory cutscene" a la (3D games)Final Fantasy summon. The attacks themselves are more like super moves or Limit Breaks.

>>The Z-Ring toy reminds many Japanese fans of the Yo-Kai Watch itself.
Or, you know, the Mega Ring....

Stop making these retarded threads.
>>
>>29055327
Yokai won't be able to keep up once Sun and Moon actually release.

Yokai does terribly outside Japan.
>>
>>29055467
Then why are you doing it for this game
>>
>>29055615
Because most people outside Japan are said to hate YW for a Pokemon rip-off
>>
>>29055327

Yokai's 3rd games barely sold over 600k in the 1st week. Meanwhile, Sun Moon could sell over 2 million in the 1st week in Japan because of the high preorders.
>>
>>29056428
Or because YW is too japanese, and people outside of Japan besides Touhou nerds dont know what "Yo-kai" are.
>>
File: 766.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
766.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
>YW is so popular!!! XDD
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_1_2225623051_3#1
>>
>>29055327
Pokemon has always copied from elsewhere

It's just hardcore fans who think that somehow Pokemon is the one JRPG that didn't take everything from Dragon Quest
>>
Personally I hope they drop the influences next gen.I want gyms back.
>>
Can't believe Pokémon has stooped this low, deriving inspiration from something such as Yo-Kai Watch.
>>
>>29057630
There's some Shin Megami Tensei in there, too.
>>
>>29055239
No shit, people have been saying this since the first trailer.
>>
>>29056952
>"Nate" lives in "Springdale" and its traditional American Yokai

Will never stop bothering me.
>>
File: eat your hamburgers.png (597KB, 653x904px) Image search: [Google]
eat your hamburgers.png
597KB, 653x904px
>>29058437
I don't know why they do this stuff.
>>
>>29057630
>>29058376
You know how DQ has DQ Monsters? Imagine if the Mother series had Mother Monsters? That's exactly what Pokemon is, it's the fusion of Mother with the initial concept Tajiri pitched, which had way less modern technology and more of a rustic feel to it.
>>
>>29058625
> Hey looks there's two thing in common in those games, it's totally because one is heavily based on the other one and not an allusion
>>
>>29058862
Watch the Gamecenter GX episode with Satoshi Tajiri on

Everything in the game right down to the idea of trading came from him and Ken Sugimori talking about what they wish they could do in Dragon Quest
>>
>>29055239

No. Pokémon influence it.
>>
>>29058437
Fuck you the English dub is great. Youre also assuming kids know the difference between japanese spirits and western ones.
>>
>>29055239

You can't capture
Yokai.

Catching Pokémon is always exciting.
>>
>>29058972
Perhaps, but in 2 you can sexually harass them during battle for items, souls, damage, and friends
>>
>>29059079
We talking about yokai watch or shin megami tensei here?
>>
>>29059124
Yw2. Does smt allow that to happen too?
>>
>>29055239
This is the dumbest meme, and I keep seeing it everywhere. Mini quests weren't invented by YW, and XY had a ring years ago.
YW3 sold like shit compared to other entries and they're not, and have never been, more popular than Pokemon
>>
File: image.png (89KB, 313x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89KB, 313x325px
>/vp/ discussing YW

Always fun to see the GF shills in full force
>>
File: 53939934_p0.jpg (187KB, 603x782px) Image search: [Google]
53939934_p0.jpg
187KB, 603x782px
A reminder for everyone to motemote~your favorite youkais!
>>
>>29058625
I want that rustic feel
>>
>>29055239
I haven't played Yokai cause it's shitty pokémon ripoff for nowadays kids
But I'm glad pokémon managed to get the best of it
>>
>>29055239
>please like my franchise
>o-other franchise copied it, i swear
>please
pathetic
>>
>>29059146
SMT's recruitment system involves negotiation with the demons, which can go from being nice to them to debating, lying, flirting, threatening and bribing. You can also ask them for money or items instead in some situations, or scare them off, and they can trick you and rip you off. The conversations and reactions are slightly randomized and dependent on your stats.
>>
>>29055239
-Generic quest system
-Do you even Jojo m8?
-Korean and chinese animation is cheaper
-Magical gacha rings are older than Yo-Kai watch
>>
The things they are taking from YW work very well there,there is no reason they would not add another layer to the pokemon franchise,history has proven that taking inspiration from things that generated a positive reaction on a similar audience cant be negative at all
>>
File: SMT pokemon.png (693KB, 600x3750px) Image search: [Google]
SMT pokemon.png
693KB, 600x3750px
>>29059852
Yeah, I vaguely remember it being a pain...
>>
>>29060347
>Do you even Jojo m8?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>29059251
Says the YW shill
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.