[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, faggot OP here working on an Emerald hack for me and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 4.png (77KB, 3008x2528px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
77KB, 3008x2528px
Hey /vp/, faggot OP here working on an Emerald hack for me and some friends, what do you think of my first few fakemon? Besides slight edits to the first snake and castle one they're all pretty much original, and I don't really have names or types for them yet so all critiques and ideas are welcome
>>
Do you want feedback on the Pokemon, or the spriting?
>>
Water werewolf line
>>
how come there are no fakemon games that have fakemon that look like actual pokemon?
a lot of it is in the eyes and your eyes make them look like generic RPG enemies
>>
Nice.

Make the snake poison grass.

Water ground for the shark.

Ground fighting for the diglet evo
>>
>>29051287
Nice sharkboat concept but the three cannons in the mouth just looks dumb. Magician too "normal magician" looking for me. Snek kinda boring progression but nice. Castle mon irritates me the same way klefki does, and the new sandcastle POS does.

Nice job
>>
>>29051303
Both
>>
>>29051338
Nah, a lot of it is in the spriting. Like in OP's pic, there are too many colours, and too many black outlines. Also some textures which may work well with the concepts don't translate well into sprites which GF knows how to get around, but amateurs like OP aren't experienced enough to deal with that. For example, look at the sharkboat, the planks look like bricks or cobblestones.
>>
>>29051338
Understandable, I could never get the eyes right and usually just take them from other actual sprites, I don't know why it's so difficult for me
>>
>>29051408
Here's my feedback on the spriting >>29051413
As for the Pokemon, I like the sharkboat and the snakes. I don't really like the magician things and I don't know what the things next to them are supposed to be. The diglett evo is very 'meh,' they're a very overdone joke that's just not that funny anymore.
>>
>>29051287
Ground/water for the shark (i love it btw)
Rock/Ghost for the castle
>>
>>29051287
Boat just gets bigger.

Mega Dugtrio (?) a shit.

Castle looks like a Yokai.

Wizard is nice.

Snek isn't too original, but it's fine.
>>
Magican is dark.
>>
Love the concept of the shark-ships, but the evo could be executed better. It looks too busy.
>>
File: 4.png (178KB, 2136x1512px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
178KB, 2136x1512px
OP back again, forgot to add these
>>
>>29051630
Ghost rock

Bug ice.
I like them.
>>
>>29051630
I came up with a pitch for sharkboat names.

Sloopex
Megalleon

(sloop + apex)
(Megalodon + galleon)
>>
>>29051675
I like the way you think, Anon
>>
>>29051723
Thanks!!!! If you're the romhack developer OP guy, I'd like to play your romhack.
>>
>>29051630
First isn't very 'Pokemon'. Second is, again, something that doesn't translate too well into spriting. Both suffer from 'too many black lines' syndrome
>>
>>29051808
I am, and while I appreciate it, it's a long way from being done, I've liked pokemon since i was a kid and just had the idea to one day make my own, so I stepped into this not knowing a single thing that went into it. But seeing as this thread was actually really helpful, I'll stop in every once in a while with small updates here and there.
>>
>>29051869
I feel the same way. When I was a young kid I wanted to make my own game too. I actually figured out a little bit of gen 3 romhacking with tool assistance last year, i wanna try it again
>>
>>29051815
Gotcha, these were some of my first ones, and it wasn't until later that i realized that I had to change the black outlines to shade them , so I'll make sure to practice that and eyes
>>
>>29051914
Look up some tutorials, they can really help. Cave of Dragonflies has a super thorough one, that was the one I used to learn to sprite
>>
>>29051894
I say do it. It's been pretty difficult for me so far especially when it comes to scripting, but every time I figure something out, or find a much easier way to do a specific thing it gives me a boost to keep going
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.