[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How people like Falkner and Bugsy even became gym leaders? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1411318369322.png (18KB, 146x187px) Image search: [Google]
1411318369322.png
18KB, 146x187px
How people like Falkner and Bugsy even became gym leaders? I get that gym leaders pick their team according to the experience of their challengers, but even the first leaders of every other gym had something that could be considered "testing" newcomers. Falkner is a fucking joke of a first gym and bubsy doesn't improve on it at all. The only reason Whitney felt "challenging" is because she was the first non-retarded gym of Johto

"Pajeet my son you will test the kids of Johto wanting to be champions, teach them well"
"Yes father let me grab your prized lvl9 pidgeotto and tackle them to boredom that will harden their determination"
>>
>>29049954
>if you didn't had a rock type which were plenty before his gym
>or a fire starter
>or a grass type
>or a slowpoke
>or a zubat
>or just anyone leveled enough which was perfectly possible to survive three fury cutters and kill scyther
>>
>>29049954
>not picking cyndaquil
>>
>>29049991
>picking a boring mammal
>>
>>29049954
>>29049984
oh and i forgot
in GS you even had mareep to deal with it too
and wooper
and sandshrew

you would have a harder time finding something to struggle against scyther than finding things that trample all over it
>>
>>29049954
>>29049984
>>29050081

and let's not forget that even if you were the stupidiest kid alive and captured nothing, every starter had a way to deal with scyther

>cyndaquil destroys it
>chikorita tanks it enough to kill
>totodile has rage

even if you tried to fuck it up you would still have advantage over it, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>29049898
Justwondering is that Lina from Heroman?
>>
>>29049898
Scyther and Pidgeotto both have inflated BSTs for that point of the game.
Even if they're easy, a scyther and a cheatyface evolved pokemon are fine "boss" mons to round out their team for that point.
>>
>>29050346
>Scyther and Pidgeotto both have inflated BSTs for that point of the game.
BSTs that dont mean shit unless you were an idiot with a six pokemon team that skipped trainers and somehow managed to be underleveled against a lvl9 pidgeotto. i replayed the game enough times doing nuzlockes that i know no matter what i throw at it around the same level range or even lower, it will still survive because the damn thing is just too dumb to do anything but tackling

it will literally tackle anything but a geodude, which it will try to mudslap instead. it never fucking uses Gust for STAB. scyther is even worse, a single sleep powder or supersonic is enough to break its fury cutter chain and it does nothing else. the only way i can see someone losing is getting a hoppip and doing nothing but splash the whole fight
>>
>>29050414
But it gets STAB on tackle too
>>
>>29050445
but tackle isnt effective against any of the starters so it doesnt mean shit unlike gust actually being a threat to chikorita
>>
>>29049898
johto's league had to deal with kanto's still being in the game. Given that Dark wound up in E4 rather than a gym, that meant Bug and Flying had to be in that gym lineup somewhere, and they were really only suited to be early gyms. At that level no bug or flying would've been any kind of a threat regardless. Still you'd have thought they'd use their own region's additions: Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak.

>>29050307
yes it is, it's from a fairly well circulated hentai flash game
>>
>>29049898
I did a bug run on HGSS and he slaughtered me several times until I over leveled by a lot.
>>
>>29049898
Bugsy is a Bug Type researcher, and seemingly the premiere one based on how no other Bug leaders have that as thier central profession.

Falkner inherited the position from his dad.

Using in game gym teams to measure a leader's worth, rather than the story and character we are presented with is idiotic

We both know they have been seen with stronger teams, including when Falkner ended up being the one to get the World Leaders Flying Team in the PWT
>>
>>29052551
Too bad, we could have had a universe where bug was late in GSC and then HGSS gave us a Heracross/Yanmega/Venomoth/Fortress Gym
>>
File: tumblr_mde5dd4TcJ1r2rp7no2_500.jpg (112KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mde5dd4TcJ1r2rp7no2_500.jpg
112KB, 500x416px
>>29049898
>He doesn't know that Gym Leaders have different sets of Pokemon for however many badges the trainer has.
>This is shown when Brock asks Red how many badges he has.
>This is shown when Ethan travels to Kanto and fights all that gyms full set, since he beat the League in Johto

How is this bullshit not common knowledge already?
>>
>>29052551
>Still you'd have thought they'd use their own region's additions: Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak.

That's the theme of Johto in general. Morty just has the ghastly line, with no misdreavous.
>>
>>29052642
Fuck that pidgeotto in HGSS.
>>
>>29049898
Bugsie's Scyther can actually royally fuck you over. Scyther's stats are no joke at that point in the game. If you have a party full of slow, frail Pokemon (May I remind you that 80% of unevolved pokemon count as slow and frail?) Scyther will just up and kill it before it gets a chance to act.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.