[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are these different from Platinum? I skipped Gen IV when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
How are these different from Platinum? I skipped Gen IV when it released and to this day Platinum is all I've played.
>>
>>29046420
Don't play them, ever.
>>
>>29046435
Then tell me how they're different before the curiosity sets in and I have to play them for myself to find out.
>>
>>29046420
They do not include Looker, nor do they have the Distortion World or Giratina. The Pokémon distribution is worse, the Gyms are in a different order and the later Leaders/Elite 4 do not always have teams that share their type (Flint is the worst contender; having Lopunny despite him being a Fire trainer)

Also, they are notably slower - it's very obvious this was a new engine they sucked working in. Hearthome is a fucking slog.
>>
>>29046420
Basically exactly the same minus distortion world and with the Giratina stuff replaced by Dialga/Palkia.
And surfing speed is slower, and game in general is overall slower.
And there's no patch of snow in the starting town (I swear these patches of snow were actually something they advertised back when platinum was released)
>>
>>29046420
>Fantina is the fifth gym leader
>surf speed is slow as fuck
>AI teams are worse
>shitty level curve
>Regional Pokedex is terrible, missing most cross gen evos
>uglier tilesets than Platinum (see Mt Coronet and the grave tower)
>no distortion world
>no battle frontier
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.
>>
>>29046420
Platinum is just better in general.
>>
>>29046498
>>29046524
>>29046593
When you guys say slow is it like slowdowns because the game was badly programmed or is it like slow movement speed and stuff like that?
>>
>>29046621
There's slow-down (FPS loss) in areas due to how they are set up, there's a noticeable delay in travelling between zones. The battle speed isn't very quick either; there's a small bit of input lag and a small delay between your attack and the opponent's...even with Animation turned off.
>>
>>29046697
Sounds awful, I'm glad I skipped it then.
>>
>>29046714
Yeah. I have fond memories, but... I could never play them again. Platinum definitely improved in basically every aspect.
>>
>>29046714
After Gen 3 left a bad taste in my mouth, I dropped Pokémon for a while until Platinum hit..after which a friend insisted I try it. To date, it's my favourite entry in the series.
>>
>>29046420
Elite 4 is hella fucking hard. Played through the game again recently and had all my pokemon level 50 right at the elite 4 having battled basically every ingame trainer, cynthia has pokemon almost 20 levels above me. Barely won by the skin of my teeth, but it was lots of luck and super hard
>>
>>29046621
Mostly slow movement, slow battles and slow menus. There isn't really any lag that I know of.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.