[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demo Hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: yo boy guzma.png (89KB, 240x358px) Image search: [Google]
yo boy guzma.png
89KB, 240x358px
One of the things that really killed the ORAS hype for me was the demo datamine. GF never learns so in 8 days, we will know pretty much everything about the games from how many new pokemon there are, how many Alola forms there are, new characters, new items, base stats, tutor moves, and a bunch of other things I'd rather discover myself.

This demo is just a way GF can market the game and TPC can market Ash Greninja who will probably be worse than Protean Greninja.
>>
>>29044915
You could just, you know, try staying away from leaks
>>
>>29044962
So basically stop using the internet until you've fully explored the game, got it. Excellent solution, very helpful.
>>
>>29044915
>This demo is just a way GF can market the game

That's what demos ARE you fuckwit.
>>
>>29044994
Nobody outside of this board cares anon sorry to break it to you
>>
>>29045018
They've been doing a fine job so far without a demo. Does GF not care about leaks?
>>
>>29044994
>it's too hard, i can't do it! impossible!
Fucking retard.
>>
I hate it too, but what can you do about it? Gamefreak is just too lazy not to learn from the past mistake. It's going to be really hard to stay away from information, especially on youtube where cancer poketubers like Tyranitar tube put heaps of spoilers in their thumbnails and titles.

I do want to see if mimikyu evolves though. I want to use it on my team because it's cute, but I don't want to carry around a shitmon the whole game.
>>
>>29044915
Who doesn't want a demo datamine? I want to know if there are going to be any mons that don't look like complete shit and some of the BSTs.
>>
I used to like the excitement of not knowing what was in the game before I bought it.

Now games do some stupid bullshit like No Mans Sky. I want to know exactly what I'm buying.

Plus with Pokemon I like to plan my team for the new gen ahead of the game's release so I know exactly what pokes to focus leveling.
>>
File: 1475258615966.png (46KB, 462x880px) Image search: [Google]
1475258615966.png
46KB, 462x880px
>>29045320
I'm mostly worried about story and character leaks. If I get spoiled with a major plot twist or something a MONTH before the game comes out, I'll be so disappointed

I'll still buy the game though
>>
I'm really torn on the imminent datamining. On one hand, I haven't really played through a game without knowing most Pokemon since RSE. On the other hand, I'm too dumb to piece together dialogue and remember Pokemon so it won't matter if I see something neat.

Also, we can't get models from datamining, I don't think, so I don't have to worry about that.
>>
Just avoid these boards, anything Pokemon related and any demo talk within the next days.

At least you're allowed more time to avoid leaks now that you know when the demo's going to release unlike the bloody final evo. shit which no one expected five months prior to release and was spammed every single fucking day so much, you'd have to literally avoid the internet in order not to see them.
>>
>>29045019
>Nobody outside of /vp/ cares about one of the largest worldwide franchises
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29045485
>we can't get models from datamining

We had all pokémon models on ORAS demo, that's how we found Hoopa-Unbound
>>
>>29046610
That was menu sprites
>>
>>29044915
>angry about a good thing
>worse than
>Protean Greninja
>Greninja
>bad?
Topu Keko to (you) m8.
>>
>>29044915

>and a bunch of other things I'd rather discover myself

You mean google after you beat the game?
>>
>>29044915

We already knew everything about ORAS before the demo even came out.

And no one's forcing you to follow this information.
>>
>>29046649
>>29046610
And there was the item and the cry.
>>
>>29044915
>game freak fucked up because I can't stay away from pokemon based sites
You're a retard.
>>
>>29047543
>pokemon based sites
>when pokemon is so normie that every new bit of info gets splattered all over youtube, facebook, and twitter
You're a retard.
>>
>>29044915
Grown men shouldn't be worrying so hard about a children's game, OP.
>>
>It's dataminers fault that ORAS didn't have half as much content as games from 10 years ago
No. it's Gamefreak fault for making shitty rushed games you apologist.
>>
>>29045063
Demos help sell games to people who are new to the franchise.
>>
>>29048076
>Calling us apologists despite the fact this game is not even rushed or shit.

Feel free to tell us who touched you.
>>
>>29048058
>someone telling someone what a man should be

Where the fuck is my tea? I need to sip some
>>
I only want to know a few specific things from the datamine like the stats and hidden abilities for the starters/Lycanroc and if there will be a way to change a Pokemon's nature or not. Once I find those out I'm going to avoid this board until release. I don't want to know anything story related.
>>
>>29047607
Datamine leaks are not going to be all over Facebook and YouTube unless you have the most autistic Facebook ever and/or you spend your time on YouTube watching poketubers. I have never even seen a Pokemon trailer on my normiebook feed before.
>>
>>29044915
There wouldn't have been any more content just because the data mine didn't happen anon. The hype was killed because there was nothing in the game that we didn't already know about
>>
>>29045019
ORAS leaks were everywhere last time and SM is even more popular around the normie web. The second the demo is hacked the info will spread everywhere. And I have friends and acquaintances that are into Pokemon and know I am too and will likely even personally send info. Nowhere is safe anon
>>
>>29049688
I literally don't see Pokemon S/M info anywhere but here and the 2 fan sites I use for news when /vp/ is exploding because habbeding. I literally could avoid those 3 websites and my life would continue as usual without any leaks of any kind. I have no idea how your life got this way if you can't
>>
>>29049744
Well some of us have social lives with people that have similar interests
>>
>>29049813
I do too, but I don't have too many friends that have to deepthroat every new bit of Pokemon news the way I do. Normies are not keeping up that closely. Shit, a good chunk of the people I ran into at the last tcg prerelease hadn't heard of the starter leaks, the riddler, the Chinese leaks, or even seen any corocoro reveals.
>>
>>29049813
I guess I will check my privilege though. Cruel irony that I want the leaks and have the means to avoid them, while you don't want them but probably have to suffer them. Why not ask friends to spare you any details they've read? Shouldn't be any different from avoiding movie spoilers. You'll just have to leave /vp/ for a month. Serebii won't post leaks in the front page. Don't visit poke jungle or any forums either. You might get the occasional tidbit from a poketuber video title if those are advertised to you on YouTube but you should be able to get by without knowing everything. Unless of course, the problem is your own self control
>>
>>29045385
>he fell for the no man's sky meme

I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>29044915
Just avoid video game boards and occupy yourself. My plan is cut off /vp/ as soon as the demo drops and then buy and play Bravely Second until release day.
>>
>>29045385
>>29050595

Nah I didn't. From the very announcement trailer I could tell it was a fucking garbage game. Eye-rolled for two years as I watched it become the biggest hyped game for absolutely no fucking reason.

As an artist I refused to play anything that brags about how it used "random generation" to create an entire universe of bland bullshit.

But basically, my point is, game designers pull stupid garbe like this. A more ontopic comparison would be: ORAS. A lot of people were unhappy after they bought it and wished they didn't.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.