[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mono Normal Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: persian_by_blackmystica.png (862KB, 800x1010px) Image search: [Google]
persian_by_blackmystica.png
862KB, 800x1010px
I'm doing a triple monotype battle against my room mate. Normal (me) vs Fairy. Help me with my team?
> House rules
> No Supereffective team elements (ex: mono dark vs mono psychic)
> Supereffective moves on non-supereffective elements OK (ex: knockoff on a ground type against a psychic)
> One legendary & 1 Mega per team
> One of each Pokemon and one of each item per team

I know he's running Togekiss, Diancie and either Mega Altaria or Mega Audino. He hates granbull, but might use Mawile, Azuril and Klefki.

I know I will be running Regigigas and Mega Kangaskaan. I'm thinking maybe also Skill-swap Kekleon and Miltank (Heal Bell) but the other slots I'm unsure of. I'm heavily considering Blissey.

Why not Arceus? Because I can't use plates due to the team being mono-normal! Also calm mind spam on fairies and the risk of Judgment being resisted by the rock, dragon and steel fairies.

What do you think, guys?
>>
>>29044607
swords dance E-speed Arceus my dude
>>
>>29044634
It wouldn't do anything against Diancie, Klefki, Mega Altaria or Mawile. All those resist normal. I'd be stuck doing split special and physical attacks (not great).

Regigias also has higher attack than Arceus, especially once you use skill swap to get rid of that "waiting 5 turns" problem.
>>
>>29044607
> Supereffective moves on non-supereffective elements OK (ex: knockoff on a ground type against a psychic)
Does this mean you can't use non-stab moves? Be more clear. Also, it seems obvious that you can use dual types yes? I want to help but I need a better explanation here.
>>
>>29044809
You can use non-stab moves. It's basically saying that he can use fighting moves on his fairies and I can use steel and poison moves on my normals. I just can't do mono-steel or mono-poison teams against his fairies.

Yes, dual types are OK as long as they share at least one type with the theme (normal). If it's a mega and it's element changes the new elements must still be within the theme.
>>
>>29044607
Triples? use Gastro Acid Diggersby or Worry Seed Swasbuck on Slaking.
>>
Why haven't you considered porygon 2 or Z?
>>
>>29044607
Does snorlax learn facade? If it does give him a toxicsphere, facade, rest, sleep talk and something to raise its stats (curse maybe?)
>>
>>29044733
Dragon doesn't resist normal, dude
>>
File: Sawsbuck_by_rajewel.png (1MB, 800x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Sawsbuck_by_rajewel.png
1MB, 800x1646px
>>29044894
>Worry Seed Sawsbuck
Yep, triples.

I didn't think about that one. That would be faster than skill swap and it would prevent sleep spam in case I'm wrong about Diancie and he runs Whimsicott instead. It also would kill the azumarill.

Thanks for the tip!

> Team so far
Regigigas
Slaking
Worry seed Sawsbuck
Mega Kangaskaan
(Open slot, possibly Blissey)
(Open slot. ____?)
>>
>>29044607
Singles or doubles?
>>
>>29045020
He said in the OP it's a triple battle
>>
File: 1475798002047.png (386KB, 641x466px) Image search: [Google]
1475798002047.png
386KB, 641x466px
>>29044607
>regigigas
>skill swap regigigas
>merely considering blissey against a fairy team
>>
skill swap doesn't remove regigigas' ability. slow start activates once as soon as you send him out, it's not an ongoing effect
>>
>>29045039
right, my bad, i didn't get all the way to the fourth word before skipping to the green text.
>>
File: Ursaring - Namh.png (434KB, 565x561px) Image search: [Google]
Ursaring - Namh.png
434KB, 565x561px
>>29044926
I have been considering Porygon 2 or Porgon Z but I'm not sure if there's a better special normal out there and Download can backfire on you. At least it gets fire, electric and ice which would be useful against most multitype fairies.

>>29044939
It does get curse and Facade, but why Snorlax over something like Swellow or Ursaring which has Guts and Facade?

>>29044983
Oh. Well, derp.
>>
>>29045061
Only in Diamond and Pearl. In every game from Platinum on, removing Slow Start gets rid of the stat drop
>>
>>29045008
Blissey or Chansey, depending on if you need leftovers since Chansey use evolite.
Maybe Porgon2 or PorgonZ to get either a special attacker in case. Porygon2 with trace can cause some serious trouble.
>>
where is your staraptor/other intimidate mon?
>>
>>29044733
SD-Iron head would still wreck most of the team.
Or some calm mind-recover set up with flash canon and flame thrower. I see no reason to use regigigas over Arceus.
>>
>>29045222
He is wrong, that is an only in dp. Your idea will work.
>>
Defensive pokemon are only good in triples as support and I don't think Chansey, Blissey or Porygon 2 have the movepool for that.

As >>29045210 said Staraptor could be great with intimidate and it could also help slaking with Tailwind.
>>
>>29044868
If these are the rules you can rule out him using Altaria as its a dragon/flying type. Not fairy
>>
File: auduino and scrafty.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
auduino and scrafty.png
27KB, 400x400px
>>29045191
Trace is an interesting idea, although it really would come down to luck.

>>29045210
>>29045266
I'm dealing with "too many mons, not enough slots" so i have to pick carefully. Most fairies are special attackers and Competitive is nasty. That intimidate could seriously backfire. Also worried about Diancie's diamond storm (Stab + risk of stat boost + full board hit). All of this makes me question Starraptor in this setting.

I was thinking support for healing and status removal plus the fact that if all else fails Blissey can toxic wall in a severely boosted fairy as a "last stand" measure. Still, the fact that the slot could possibly be better used as yet another attacker is on my mind which is why I said "Maybe blissey".

>>29045234
Mostly because Regigas has 160 attack versus Arceus 120 and fairly close everything else except special attack (which I won't be using). It also has Wide Guard while Arceus doesn't.

>>29045272
Mega Altaria turns into a Fairy Dragon so it's allowed. Same for Audino as it becomes normal Fairy. They would have to mega immediately, though. No stalling. This was added because Fairy has a very small pool to select from.
>>
>>29045448
The only Fairy with Competitive is Wigglytuff, I don't think you need to worry about that one, Intimidate could hurt Mega Mawile and that's one to worry about.
Diamond Storm is a valid reason to not use Starraptor but I think it's still worth considering.
>>
>>29045448
>Regigas
>160 Attack
>Slow Start wastes an attack turn 1 at the risk of a dead-weight mpon
>Not very good coverage

>Arceus
>E-Speed which has priority and beats so much crap
>120 speed to outpace everything
>Swords Dance to buff itself
>120/120/120 Bulk to tank hits
>Life Orb to deal damage or Lum Berry to tank status

For the last few teammates, I'd advise Pyroar as a resist to a common stab and Heat Wave to hit multiple foes.
>>
>>29045147
Because snorlax has high defense, so it can stand the enemy's attacks so it won't risk to lose so much health that the poison will kill it
>>
Moody Smeargle with batom pass spore (dark void in doubles) king shield or spiky shield.
You can use Chansey with Evolvite if you don't fear the knock offs.
>>
Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
Curse
Body Slam
Rest
Crunch or EQ.
>>
>>29046026
This, use arceus instead of regi. Even if you get the worry seed trick off perfectly, it's lack of coverage can cause it to be forced out. If sawsbuck goes down, regi essentially does too, you don't want to have to rely on one Pokémon to make two useful.
>>
If you're doing triples with mono normal, why not try custap lax:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Inner Focus
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Fake Out
-Double Edge
-Fire Punch / Iron Tail
-Protect

Snorlax @ Custap Berry
Gluttony
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
-Belly Drum
-Self Destruct
-Iron Head
-Earthquake

Furret @ Focus Sash
Frisk
252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Super Fang
- Protect

I used something similar to this in the triples Maison. Arrange things so Snorlax is in the center. T1 use Follow Me with Furret, Fake Out whatever Furret isn't redirecting. Belly Drum with Snorlax. T2, use Protect with Kanga and Furret and blow up Snorlax. Have a Pokemon with really powerful hyper voices take Snorlax's place.
>>
>>29049224
idk how I forgot Smeagle, but Smeargle is a million times better than Furret in that last slot.
>>
Ahyea
>>
>>29045008
whimsicott only has stun spore, not sleep powder. be wary of encore though.
>>
Use support sawsbuck.

Sawsbuck @ Item
Serene Grace/Sap Sipper
Jolly
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Speed
-Aromatherapy
-Horn Leech
-Worry Seed
-Thunder Wave/Leech Seed

The problem with blissey I think is that it gets fucked by any physical attack, and with 3 attackers on the field, it's likely they'll have a physical attacker out to KO you. Sawsbuck also isn't very strong on its own, and the only thing it'd really be KOing is azumarill. Have horn leech for that (and a little regen) and then aromatherapy for status, worry seed for regigigas/slaking, and thunder wave for crippling (or leech seed to help your team with recovery, but I think thunder wave is a better choice).

Since the primary purpose is worry seed remember that you can also do this with smeargle and with a wider assortment of moves like wide guard or follow me. Diggersby also gets gastro acid though I think it isn't worth much without a band.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.