[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good Pokemon rom hacks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: fire red.png (281KB, 1438x947px) Image search: [Google]
fire red.png
281KB, 1438x947px
Are there any good Pokemon rom hacks?
>>
>>29044366
Only pokemon prism and the difficulty hacks are good.

Rest are edgey or fakemons i cant stand.
>>
>>29044366
blaze black and volt white were pretty good
>>
>>29044828
edgy is pretty good to make fun of tho
>>
I quite enjoyed liquid crystal, as well as vilt white 2. Pokemon prism will probably be great, but it doesnt come out until december. I recomend playing them on an a9lh 3ds, makes the experience amazing.
>>
>>29044366
Polished crystal is pretty good so far. Been playing it on the train to work
>>
>>29044366
Red++
>>
>>29044366
Is this some kind of hentai hack?
>>
>>29044366
Aniversary Crystal

Made by TPP, but you can ignore that
>>
>>29044866
Nah if its cringey it sucks. I cant take it as a game but some kids dream of school shooting.
>>
>>29044828
>>29044866
>>29045038
>Pokemon games have simple plots for children
>">"Man this kiddy writing sucks!"
>Rom hacks have more adult writing
>"Man this edgy writing sucks!"
>>
>>29044366
Pokemon Brown was kind of okay, hacks are only good if they don't have fakemons.
>>
>>29045465
I think the opposite. Hacks are only interesting when they have fakemon.
Or at least something unique about them. I don't play Pokemon for the story.
>>
>>29045369
>adult
Since when is fanfiction written by 14 year old considered mature? Are you the one that included the autistic guy that tried to kill himself by jumping off a bridge in your shitty hack?
>>
>>29045465
Pokemon brown has edge.
>>
>>29045718
I just started playing it last night, so far the edgiest thing I've seen is a couple of people being assholes after they loose to me.
>>
>>29045840
The satan shit is edge.

All satan worshippers are geeks who are retarded.
>>
>>29045718
>>29045840
A random NPC mentions Satan in a haunted mansion. Anon probably saw an isolated screenshot of that and assumed the entire game was edge. Just ignore him. You're playing one of the best Romhacks out there.
>>
>>29045683
>Are you the one that included the autistic guy that tried to kill himself by jumping off a bridge in your shitty hack?

This is not a real thing
>>
>>29045887
You're a complete retard if you think a random NPC advocates for the entire game.

Not only that, but you likely have no idea what Satanism even is.
>>
>>29044366
Red++, Polished Crystal, Brown, Maize (though Maize isn't finished), Gaia (also not finished), any of Drayano's difficulty hacks.

>>29045985
Sounds like something from Reborn or Rejuvination, I know at least one Gym Leader in one of those two games kill themselves after you defeat them, without giving you a badge. Both are Essentials, though, not hacks.
>>
>>29045989
I do. I hate how people worship the devil who destroys..

Even more cringe its only a minority that worships it.

All religions are delusions moron.
>>
>>29045888
I'm the one who likes to post that Satan screenshot, and I agree, it's really just a couple isolated incidents and nothing tied to the plot is edgy, at worst you have your rival being a baby bitch and giving you the middle finger after you defeat him and become Champion
>>
Pokemon Vega is what most hacks should strive to be like. Amazing looking fakemons, original soundtrack pieces and pokemon cries, and difficulty to boot, albeit it's kinda unnecessarily hard.
>>
>>29046071
>believes satanism is edgy
>but also thinks that all religions are delusions
How many layers of irony are you on right now?
>>
>>29045369
The difference is, people who think the childrens' stories are bad have shit taste.
>>
>>29045985
Oh but it did
>>
>>29045369
>Pokemon games have simple plots for children
That's a lot of implicating there, considering Gen 4 through 6 had slightly more serious stuff going on.

Compare Giovanni to Ghetsis.
(hint: the latter tries to straight-up murder you)
>>
>>29044366
Are there any ROMhacks where the gym leaders don't use monotype teams? Even in difficulty hacks I still find myself steamrolling the gyms.
>>
>>29046400
I can't take any villain who uses weather in part of their plan seriously. At least compared to Archie and Maxie he knows the outcome of what would happen in freezing the region. The rest of his plan was like a reverse of Rockets, and relied a lot more on uncontrollable factors. So really his plan was the worst parts of R/M/A's plans.

I still see Cyrus as the best for evil batshit insane plans that I liked. Cyrus made it hard to even take Lysandre's plan serious. What is the fate of one region compared to the whole universe.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-10-19-53-13.jpg (48KB, 540x352px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-10-19-53-13.jpg
48KB, 540x352px
I've been playing through Emerald Z, and its pretty good, I gotta say.
>Infinite TMs
>Remade Typechart.
>Some HMs have different types, like Cut is now grass
>Varied encounters
>Mega themed buffs
>Trade evos are handled via items and level ups

Pretty okay, I think.
>>
File: 1471600014069.png (91KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1471600014069.png
91KB, 620x406px
>>29044366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaUQJP_p1A

I think this looks pretty cool. As long as there's no """"progressive"""" shit in it for no reason whatsoever it has potential.
>>
>>29046400
giovanni is literally mafia
the implications of what team rocket does are all over the place, you just get to experience the goofy stuff during the games

and if you find literal yugioh villain trying to CONTROL THE UNIVERSE!!! more mature and believable than mob guy doing mob stuff, well that's on you
>>
Any good difficulty hacks for Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 3?
>>
>>29049885
Red++, Polished Crystal, FireRed Omega, Emerald Omega.
>>
>>29045888
>>29046080
I have to pay more attention to the texts
The only one that I remember is the boy who have a girl sprite in the overworld.
I remeber that because after the battle, I though: weren't you a boy? And then the NPC explains it.
>>
File: 1410114427630.jpg (43KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1410114427630.jpg
43KB, 400x302px
>>29049915
>Polished Crystal
>difficult
>>
Pokemon Christmas is fun to play during the Winter season.
>>
>>29050196
Well relatively it is, the final boss goes up to Level 100. I didn't think you wanted kaizo-tier difficulty.

If you do, play Crystal Kaizo.
>>
>>29047892
>>29046400
>Gen 4
yeah anon, a kid saving the universe from the evil guy is way more mature
>>
>>29046400
Don't pretend that any of the teams other than Rocket are worth shit. They all suck. I don't remember what Flare wanted to do, though.
>>
File: Xsa0Drz.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Xsa0Drz.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>29050196
>that game was not almost impossible to beat
>>
>>29044366
no. stick to the originals.
the cringe and the edge bullshit is true and it's usually shitty hacks by people who have no idea about what makes good gamedesign.

there is nothing worse than a game with too many pokemons and every encounter becomes a chore because the boxes are filling up too quickly.
>>
>play romhack
>if you're the guy the girl is all over you in the most retarded way possible
>if you're the girl your character is all over the shitty male character regardless

who am i /vp/
>>
>>29050465
>edge
>shitty
I always wonder if the guy who use those 2 words in the same post while replying to a non-bait post is underage.
I'm pretty sure it is.
>>
>>29044963
Yeah I'm plowing through ++ right now, it's gr8
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.