[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

moral issue with hacking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

File: photo.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
I used to agree that hacking pokemon was bad but I had 999:59 on X, and one day I left it on a plane. I lost like 70% of my trained pokemon, some I had bred when I was 9-10 years old from gen 4, and all of it was lost except for what was in pokebank... So I just quit pokemon right there, seriously, had I not quit I'd have hacked some of them back.

So I'm torn, I like playing legit but at the same time let other do what they want. Berlisify Breminds me of the Catholics who say "outside of OUR church, there is no salvation" e.g. "anyone who hacks, even uses a hacked ditto to breed, is a filthy going-to-hell hacker"

No.

Also, his content is 90% talking about other peoples stuff so he doesn't even need to use his own teams that often. Of course he has less need to hack.
>>
>9-10 years old
>gen 4

Oh my god its finally happened. I've become OLD.
>>
E-celeb posting should be a bannable offense.
>>
If you're 'hacking' in a competitive setting, it's pretty shitty. Otherwise it shouldn't matter. It'd be like getting mad at someone for using cheats while playing grand theft auto single player
>>
>>29035413
They will be if you do your part and click on the triangle next to the post.
>>
I don't give a shit about this faggot, however hacking really defeats the point of the game, even if it's to get back lost mons or whatever.

The game becomes nothing more than a glorified excel spreadsheet, you input numbers and whatever you want happens. The purpose of a game is to have some sort of inherent challenge.
>>
>>29035385
Honeatly I think if you're entering an official tournament the least you could do is having legit mons. Otherwise fuck it, the games yours, do whatever the fuck you want with it
>>
>>29035385

why you even care, this faggot is banning people for their own opinions

fuck this idiot
>>
>>29035385
Kill yourself for even saving that atrocious picture
>>
>>29035427
getting perfect pokemon is not a challenge, just a time grinder

the challenge comes from online battling
>>
>>29035385
Just hack
Breed for gender, ability and shininess, and bust edit the IVs and nature. The result is 100% legit Pokemon, at least on gen 5, and no one will know you hacked. You can even give them perfect IVs and they would still be legit because in SM you can raise them with bottlecaps

I kinda understand feeling bad about losing your progress, but it was entirely your fault. You don't need justification to hack, it just saes time and the result is the same, but in your case no one would blame you. You can bet your ass that if that youtuber lost his progress, he would hack his favorite mons back. Quitting from that is just like quitting your job because you lost your wallet
>>
I think hacking is wrong, no matter the reason but that sucks OP. I would probably quit Pokemon (at least for a couple years) if I lost my living dex.
>>
>>29035420
There is a difference between Hacking, making pokemon with impossible abilities, moves, and stats, and Genning, creating Legit competitive ready pokemon, that break no rules and could have legitimately been made in the game.

The former is cheating, creating an unfair advantage, the latter is just saving time.
>>
It's your game. Do whatever you want with it. Flush it down the toilet if you want. Let alone hack it.
>>
If you're worried about cheating, just remember what cheating is. Cheating is doing something that gives you an advantage other players do not have access to within the confines of the game's rules. If you have already earned something, recreating it is not cheating. If the thing that you're creating does not give you an advantage over other players, it is impossible for it to be cheating by definition.
>>
>>29035648
Just no. Saving time argument is shit. It's like saying using TAS to speed run is legit because pixel perfect run is possible but too time consuming.
>>
File: 1458691253355.png (295KB, 377x534px) Image search: [Google]
1458691253355.png
295KB, 377x534px
>>29035385
>he doesn't backup his save files
>>
>>29035694
Wonder Guard Spiritomb is a TAS speedrun, doing something no human could do. Genning a 6IV HP Fire magnezone is using a wall climb glitch. You could do it too, if you practiced.

Also TAS are valid speed run categories and take work to create, you have to go through the game pixel by pixel.
>>
>>29035694
So he should just quit, yes? Why don't you try it too, erase your save files and start from zero

>>29035716
But that's hacking!1!!1
>>
>>29035727
>Also TAS are valid speed run categories
on their own. TAS times never compete with normal speedrunning times, that would be stupid

so sure, make "genning" a separate category for people that want to create speshul snowflakes pokemon and leave people who actually play a game y'know, play
>>
>>29035615
>It' a crit!
>The opponent's Cresselia flinched!
>Sacred Fire missed!
>The opponent's Mega Kangaskhan was burned!
>Groudon avoided the attack!
And the winner isn't determined by skill, but sheer luck.
>competitive
>challenge
>>
>>29035385
one, don't fucking post that picture. Any mention of Verlis here should be an automatic ban.

two, there is nothing wrong with hacking pokemon in so long as the pokemon is indistinguishable from one technically obtainable legitimately. There is no time efficient alternative to producing the perfect pokemon which are required for any competitive play. A breeder, even one who has the proper setup with a box of every nature of ditto, and every common/useful egg move at hand, will take probably a day or two of play to breed a full team of perfect IV pokemon with average luck.

Hacking can do it in 10 minutes. It just baffles me that Masuda has said that pokemon is trying to compete with low attention span smartphone games yet they keep in ultimately pointless mechanics like IVs that add tons of completely thoughtless and uncreative grinding to the process of team building. EVing is totally different and there is tons of room for specialization and customization. IVs are mostly "you want everything perfect unless you're breeding for a hidden power, you have no physical attacking moves and want to take the lowest possible damage from foul play, or you are making a trick room sweeper."

What further baffles me is the fact that TPCI and GF BOTH acknowledge this process as part of the game! Pokken included a volcarona bicyclist in the background on a stage! GF adds in long bike routes near daycares! They know that people do this fucking shit and haven't sat down and said 'wow this is a huge pointless timesink why don't we remove it?' It's at least partially because of the breeder autists who gain some sick satisfaction from shoving coins under their circle pads and watching eggs hatch as the playtime on their carts skyrockets.
>>
What do you do if you get a battle-ready shiny WTed to you?
>>
>>29035385
do whatever you want, unless u are playing rated battle spot/vgc
>>
>>29035648
pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/about/tournaments-rules-and-resources/
>The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s Battle Box is expressly forbidden.
But don't cheat in an official tournament.
>>
>>29036804
And their "fixes", are half assed at best. Like "For Glory" mode in Smash, it's almost but not quite good enough to eliminate hacking.

Destiny knot makes breeding Easier, but still a chore and you still want hacked Dittos. Super Training is useful but tedious (to start) and takes much longer than Flushing (Sweet Scent + Surf + EV items). Hyper Training makes IV breeding out dated, except you still need to breed for HAs, Egg Moves, Natures, and God forbid if you want specific IV spreads, and of it is only available at level 100, screw that grind.

What people (who play VGC, and Battle Spot) want is a team creator. Same as Showdown, where the player decides everything, the game checks legality, and then that team gets saved in your Battle Box. Make a team creator and give us 4-5 battle boxes, and hacking will disappear.
>>
>>29036979
Aren't they doing that with the rental teams in SM?
>>
>>29036979
Yup, this would remove 99% of the incentive to used hacked pokemon in competitive play. Which makes it too smart of a choice and ensures GF will never do it. Shit, just removing IVs would make breeding TEN TIMES faster than it currently is.

With no IVs you would need, at most, 3-4 eggs per pokemon. And that's only if you need to get egg moves onto it or are breeding for a HA that can't be capsuled. The current probability for a 6 perfect IV egg is about 50 eggs, with more required if you want a special IV spread like 5 perfect 0 atk, 0 spe, a specific HP type, ect.

So you'd go from what right now is ~300 eggs for a complete team to less than 10. That would remove most of the incentive to hack from my perspective.
>>
>>29037072
Rental teams will probably be only for free battles or playable in a separate ladder. They've made it clear that you won't be able to use them in VGC or ranked battlespot singles.
>>
>>29035385
Splendid blog post. You should kill yourself my man.

>9-10 years old
>gen 4
Oh god.
>>
>>29037072
>>29037106
And see again, its half assed. Rental Teams work off QR codes, and are full yes not individual pokemon. So, what of you see a cool team, but want 1 different pokemon? Or want to run a set with Thunderbolt instead of Thunder? You're back to hacking.

>>29037092
I actually don't want them to remove IVs becuase Hidden Power gives some pokemon good coverage options. I want a team creator, it's the simplest and best option. Everything else is bullshit.
>>
>>29037092
At first I stopped reading your posts because it's ridiculous but then I went back and realized if you actually didn't have IV's in the game, it would be a lot more fun because more people would be drawn to competitive battling and the base stats would actually represent that pokemons abilities (not just 1/99999 pidgey's being the "Real" competitive pidgey) all wild catches would be equal.

I know people who've quit playing competitively just because they got tired of the breeding mechanics, now they just buy the game, play it and move on. Maybe they become doctors or LGBT allies.

NOTHING important would even be hit that hard... The anime has Paul releasing Starly's for better IV's. Hidden Power would need to be decided differently or changed. Breeding would actually be FUN because instead of this weird IV conspiracy, you're just trying to get pokemon with different natures and add some egg moves.
>>
>>29037586
>>29037474
>>29037092
Gosh, if only they made some way to raise a pokemon's IVs without breeding... man, if only...
>>
>>29037474
Hidden power could be determined off of any number of figures attached to a pokemon, IVs aren't necessary for that. It could easily be determined by PID just like gender and nature are. Shit, now that HP has a flat power and no BP modifiers this is even easier than it used to be. Of course this would mean that getting the correct HP would be a bit of a grind still, but assuming it was simple random chance, 1/18 odds of hatching an egg with the right HP is still way better than the current odds of scoring the correct HP.

>>29037586
It seems like a radical change to get rid of IVs considering either IVs or their equivalent, DVs, have been in since gen 1, but when you take a serious game design approach to the issue it's really, really hard to justify their existence. Plus without IVs, if they added some complex way to let you change natures and add egg moves to already bred pokemon you could see people using their in-game 'bros' in competitive play which is fundamental to the entire idea of pokemon as creatures with personalities and stories which is what Gamefreak wants to sell us on and why hacking pisses them off.
>>
>>29037669
Yes, a way where you have to grind it to lv100 and do some unknown amount of grind after that point to get bottlecaps.

It's not a real fix unless it removes pointless, uncreative timesinks. EV training, breeding for nature/egg moves, ect. are not uncreative timesinks. Decisions are being made, there are tradeoffs being made and a pokemon is being customized. With IVs it's not customization, it's refinement to an autismal state of perfection.

There is no reason, from a game design perspective, for IVs to exist other than perhaps as a method for HP calculation and even then there are much better ways to handle that. They add nothing to the game but braindead repetition.
>>
If you hack in any kind of formal tournament where "legit" movesets are supposed to be used, you're an asshole. The only reason you should be hacking is if you're battling for fun (and even then your opponent needs to be aware of it) or if you're doing some kind of weird format like hackmons or any pokemon any ability.
>>
>>29037858
The guy who won VGC was using hacked pokemon lmao. 99% of the people at VGC were using genned legends, I guarantee that.
>>
>>29036979
Pokémon is an RPG. RPGs have always involved work for reward. What you're looking for is a Battle Simulator.

What I don't get bout this board is so many of you bitch about how easy the games are becoming and then turn around and call Masuda or Ohmori or whoever the fuck a hack for making competitive a bit difficult to get into. You don't - need- perfect Pokémon to play competitive. IVs are the game's take on genetic variation. You should be grateful they're listening and trying to give you some more control over that rather than bitching about game design because you can't pop out a perfect team of 6 in 5 fucking minutes.

That said, I don't care about hackers. Play the game how you want. Cheat or breed, as long as you're having some fun. Just don't bitch about one over the other or crucify of the designers as if you could do a better job. Pokémon is not all about battling.
>>
>>29037887
Prove it then. If you know it definitively, report it to TCPi.
>>
>>29038110
That is the point. You can't. The pokemon used are exactly as legit as any other Pokemon except they are acquired faster.

The only way to prove cheating would be with the legendaries. Legendaries come with gaurenteed 3x 31 IVs, so using probability and statistics you may be able to show that the top 16 having the exact same IVs on their Cresselia's is impossible (or highly unlikely) for the number of Cresselia's distributed prior to the tournament.

But who cares? Those pokemon are not in and of themselves illegal, only how they were obtained. The battles between people were legit, the pokemon had legit stats, IVs+EVs, moves, abilities, and all had pentagons.
>>
>>29038096
Pokemon, after beating the game, and side missions and collection quests, and maybe a living Dex if you want, only has Battle simulations. After having done everything else, you give the players an option to make teams and battle quickly. You can even make it so only pokemon you have in your Pokedex can be used on teams, or whatever VGC rules are for this season.

There is a difference between wanting the games to be more difficult, and wanting tedious grinding removed. Difficulty makes achievement more rewarding, maybe makes playing the game require more brain power. Grinding is just boring. If you want to grind, go shiny hunting.
>>
>>29035385
Sorry to hear about your loss.
People should not get mad with petty things like hacking legit Pokemon in their games.

>>29035427
>The purpose of a game is to have some sort of inherent challenge
The purpose of every game is to deliver entertainment to the consumer. Ask others what they value in Pokemon games the most and I guarantee you will have a lot of different replies.

>>29035694
Even within the context, this analogy is flawed.
TAS speedruns are legit categories that are not grouped with other categories because they are simply impossible to recreate without tool assistance (bar few exceptions). Speedruns are not only about speed but also about human capabilities (with a healthy dose of RNG in some cases).
Breeding 5-6IV Pokemon is possible by literally everyone with enough patience and basic knowledge of Pokemon breeding. Genning simply lets you avoid RNG and wasted time.
Also, speedruns are the source of fun. Breeding is commonly viewed as a process which LEADS to source of fun - battling.
>>
Verlisify?? More like Versnitchify amirite?
>>
>>29035385
Okay son, let me tell you something. Pokemon was founded on 'hacking'. Every kid who played gen 1 link cable pulled to turn rattatas into mews, or their friends top 5 pokemon. Everyone Missing noed themselves high level pokemon at the risk of game crashes. The SMART kids used the fly hacks to get practically any pokemon they wanted. Everyone did it. Everyone. No exceptions. The game is BUILT on hacking. Be proud to hack, get the cool little monsters you want, make them shiny, give them good stats and then go smash other people with them. It's what pokemon is all about. Don't let anyone ever tell you different.
>>
>>29037782
Frim a game play perspective they differentiate pokemon individually, even if they are trained identically. This makes players and their pokemon feel more differentiated and unique.

By your logic, we should remove natures and levels as well. Why have levels when there should be only 1 set of stats for pokemon, and the entire game could just be based on tactics in battles alone? Why have natures when it is just a "useless time sink" to get the one that works with your IV spread?

Thankfully, GameFreak doesn't take advice from you. Please just stick to Smogon forums and never try to design games.
>>
>>29039615
No, no they didn't. You and your punk cheater friends don't represent the rest of us. And just because you cheated and glitched the game doesn't mean the games were "founded on hacking". It was founded on bug catching and battling. Get over your little god complex.
>>
I think Verbitchify is in this thread.
>>
Reasons not to like this furfag
>Thinks he's good at Pokemon
>Says he's won tournaments
>Gets into people's business
>Is a furry
>Blamed smogon for he and his girlfriend's departure.
>Content is 90% of the time directing hate towards someone
>God Complex
>Thinks anyone who disagrees with him is stupid
>Clickbait
>Wears a collar
>Cancerous fanbase
>Isn't dead yet.
Fuck this guy, he gives Pokemon players a bad name.
>>
>>29039802
Son, don't pretend to be a grown up when I'm handing out fatherly advice. I can bend you over my knee just like the rest of them. Game's not founded on hacking and cheating, okay. Mew events. Come to Toys R Us, get one AND ONLY ONE free mew on Saturday, everyone goes, everyone gets 6 mews at an official Nintendo event. Founded on hacking. Everyone hacked, you never played gen 1.
>>
>>29039802
>doesnt remember necessity of cable pulling
Underage faggot detected.
>>
>>29035648
>creating an unfair advantage
So is genning that 5 IV Lando-T that is neigh-impossible to get through standard play.

I would be alright with genning if all viable mons could be obtained through breeding, but the most valuable mons for competitive settings, Heatran, The Genies, Lati@s, and so on are simply not possible to get in perfect IV spreads in standard play.

When you gen such things, you do give yourself a clear advantage over legitimate players, who do not have access to that Lando-T or Thundurus.
>>
>>29035385
If you already quit why do you care?
>>
>>29036654
So actually what is the point of playing pokemon games?
>>
>>29036654
>this retard logic
Might as well waste away since life has no meaning you faggot.
>>
>>29040613
Yes, they are. It just requires resetting.

Over and over and over until you get very lucky.

>But that would take too much time

Exactly.
>>
ahahaha its a fucking video game ahah
its just pixels nigga ahaha
>>
>>29040646
because it's fun, it's stupid, and it's still why I play video games.

I wanna laugh my ass off every time my +6 Sp. Def Mega Sableye suddenly dies because a crit managed to negate all those boosts, and I wanna rejoice where a battle that I was sure to lose comes back because paralyze hax hit my opponent's mon twice in a row.

the random nature of the game ensures that people of varying skill levels can still play, have a good time, and still have a chance of winning. Once you know that the game isn't meant to be a game of where the most skilled player wins, but rather a game where you're just supposed to have fun with it, the better off you'll be with pokemon battling.
>>
>>29040646
Go on an adventure, catch cool monsters, do some side stuff like collecting the dex of catching shinies

Rinse and repeat for 20 years for 90% of the playerbase
>>
>>29039615
You are the smart one.
>>
>>29039802
Cry more please. I love how you get mad.
>>
>>29039758
No, they don't differentiate pokemon because USABLE IVs fall into one of four categories: Perfect, Perfect 0 ATK, Perfect 0 speed, and perfect 0 ATK/0 speed. ~99% of pokemon will run one of the first two, some trick room users run 0 speed and a few specially oriented trickroomers like Slowbro will run 0atk/speed.

This is a complete no brainer distinction. It's not customization, given base stat totals and movepool distributions there will be ONE viable IV spread for almost every pokemon with the exception of pokemon who need hidden power for coverage (and again, IVs are no the only way to accomplish determining a HP type). Compare with natures, where almost every pokemon has AT LEAST two viable natures. usually either Jolly/Adamant or Modest/Timid for offensive pokemon. But others have more. For example Garchomp has 5 or 6 viable natures. Salamence has 6, Dragonite has 4 or 5. These are CUSTOMIZATION decisions. There is an opportunity cost involved in picking one over the other, you lose speed but gain attack or vice versa. Jollychomp outspeeds some things but loses 2HKO on others. This is an actual decision being made.

With IVs, there is no decision. Unless you're running some retarded hidden power Garchomp there is never ANY reason to not run 6 perfect IVs on him. My logic does not say we should remove natures because there is an opportunity cost involved in selecting an appropriate nature. IVs only differentiate pokemon for the player in that they tell them their pokemon are either viable or not. There is no customization here, only separation of wheat from chaff, and that isn't what pokemon should be about.
>>
>>29040855
Nah, he's comparision is shit since using hacked monsters in PvP and official tournaments is what grinds people's gears these days. Nobody cares if you ruin your savefile with a walk through walls cheat or some other stupid garbage thats only affecting you and one else.
>>
There's nothing wrong with using hacked in Pokemon as long they're possible legit. Like if I was playing Street Fighter online. Normally, it takes time playing through character's story mode to get all the characters in Street Fighter, but if someone just used a cheat code or downloaded a completed save file in order to get all the characters. I would have no problem with it, not like they're at an advantage, I can use all their characters too. They just got them faster.
>>
As long as that shit is legal, who fucking cares?
>>
>>29040906
I am not the OP. Although i understand your point.
>>
>>29036938
As if anyone actually cares about that
>>
>>29040613
Impossible? It took me 118 tries to get a 30 31 31 31 28 31 hp ice adamant Landorus I plan to use online.

It's not freaking impossible you are just freaking lazy dude.

Also even zygarde took me around 80 to get it impish 31 31 29 31 31 31, hacks would have saved me the hassle but honestly it doesn't matter, gunned vs legit Pokémon on a competitive environment is out to 3 things.

1)Team building for the metagame.

2)Responding to possibilities if the opponent team.

3)Games and luck that comes with crits, min max damage and lucky attack effect procs.

Someone obtaining something first doesn't matter at all as theory crafting and simulation play already evens out the gap in practice.

Retards like you really know nothing of competitive if you actually bitch about someone getting something easier.
>>
>>29040892
>all this comp autism
>>
Seriously, who brought up Verlisify again?
I thought we agreed to never bring up the shithead again, he uses the "Moralty here, anti-hacker" facade to attract Tryhards that don't even distinguish genning from cheating. At first he wanted to attack Wolfey using cheated Pokemon in official tournaments. He failed miserably. Later he somehow proved he used a genned thing in a Nugget Bridge tour and he claimed it an official Pokemon tournament, and so tried to get him banned from attending VGC tours and made him an "Icon of cheating propaganda"
Spreading hate for views and attention, the Verlis way <3
>>
>>29041318
Anyone up for a mass flagging of his videos? Honestly if ytube zeroes becomes a thing, the only good part of it might be the possibility to shit on him and see his channel struggle through the the automated system of YouTube.
>>
>>
>>29041427
all of the information you need to breed can be contained in a 500 kilobyte infographic I've seen posted here before. It's incredible he deludes himself into thinking this way.
>>
File: 1473540282720.jpg (15KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1473540282720.jpg
15KB, 320x310px
>>29041427
Why do people even pay attention to this fag? Is he always pandering to the lowest common denominator or is he actually that stupid...
>>
>>29036654
>ive never played competitively
>these things are broken
>>
>>29041553
The only skill with breeding. Besides the information in the infographics, is the right order to do things.
Egg Moves, Nature, IVs.

Once you figure that out its just doing it.
>>
>>29036938
Oh please, people who do it play in tournaments with the hack pokemon. As long as the hack isn't fucking stupid long wonderguard spiritomb no one truly cares except autist who has no say in the matter.

Hey how do you know the difference between two greninjas fighting which one is the cheat? Which one do we ban?
>>
>9-10 years old
>gen 4
>if OP played DP on release he would be 19-20
Fucking kill me
>>
>>29040613
These legendary pokeman already come with 4 max IV just reset until you get the 5th. It literally takes just as long as it would take to breed a pokemon. Actually it's faster then that.
>>
>>29041598
He's actually this stupid. His extreme stupidity is the only reason people pay attention to him.
>>
File: 1475537130256.png (85KB, 343x332px) Image search: [Google]
1475537130256.png
85KB, 343x332px
Are breedfags retarded or just NEETs that get autsim bucks?
>>
>>29041765
Correction, they come with 3,wich rules hp fighting out, and makes hp fire a bitch to get.

What you need is the nature wich is somewhat fixed by synchronizers and 2-3 ivs wich is up to luck, it's boring but not awfully time consuming.

Event mons are more annoying as synchronizers don't work at all.

VGC already rules non Gen6 pokemon and event only moves mons out, so all legends follow this rules making hacks have absolutely no tangible effect on the theorycrafting, team building, playing response or luck that actually matters in competitive play.

Idiots that scream hacks at stuff this days don't even know what they are saying at this point.
>>
>>29035385

>Gen4 debuted 10 years ago
>>
>>29041870
event mons don't need to be caught just go infront of pokemon center girl and save it's way easier then catching legendary. You can't synch nature but you also don't have to battle to catch it or god forbid use the ugly master ball.
>>
>>29042342
That's the point it makes them harder to make competitive, because you cannot use a Synchronize pokemon to ensure the right nature. So you're resetting for both IVs and Nature.
>>
I also reached 999 hours and that's more than 40 days of my life wasted on egg breeding. It's time I could have spent on improving my battle skills and playing with my friends.

It's not what Pokemon should be, it should be easier and less time consuming (hopefully now with Hyper training).

I can have a live now since I have access to PokeHex and can use 6 IV Ditto and 6 IV (the pokemon I want) to get a legit perfect 5/6 IV breed.

That's the only fair use I see for the hack tools, everything else for me is cheating like: getting event pokemon with fake Wonder Cards, etc.

That's why I don't like GTS or Wonder Trades anymore, because you could get anything that could "corrupt" your game with non legit stuff.
>>
>>29040906
My comparison holds to this day. PVP happened via link cable back in the day, you just have more links and more cables. My trade network was my playground, yours is the entire world. If one person goes on a breeding rampage and dumps the resulting near perfections on the GTS or WT that makes breeding that mon easier for everyone breeding, if they hack, same fucking difference. What your ass is chafing over is the fact that the game makes you jump hoops to get your IVs and some people go "nah, no hoops for me thanks" and gen up something good to play with like they have since GENERATION ONE.
>>
Pokemon is about battling, if you want to play a bike sim, your choice.
>>
I don't see how people can even complain about people hacking to generate legal statted pokemon. Like you have literally 0 way of telling if your opponent hacked them unless they told you they did and if you asked them and they lie and said they breed them you have no reason to think they are hacked.
>>
>ITT autistic breeders mad that people use time savers to not have to grind for hours with a shittily designed system
>>
File: 1469005206042.gif (3MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1469005206042.gif
3MB, 300x241px
>>29042500
>because you could get anything that could "corrupt" your game with non legit stuff
>>
>>29035385
>losing all of that
Fuck, that sucks.
>>
>>29046620, yes or don't you remember that XY bad egg glitch, that they had to release an update to fix it?

I don't want my game or my Pokemon Bank to contain illegal sh*t. That's why I only use PokeHex with one version and transfer the legal breeds to a "clean" version.

I am done with breeding for hours and I am done with GTS and Wonder Trade since illegal Pokemon can be easily found (otherwise how can people have all those shiny legendaries?).

I remember when I received a shiny Mewtwo via Wonder Trade. You won't do that unless is a hacked one.
>>
I don't get the hate for Verlis. He might be a furry, annoying, whatever, but he is right about VGC people being cheaters.

Unless you somehow consider genning not cheating, which doesn't really make sense.

>>29036804
>there is nothing wrong with hacking pokemon in so long as the pokemon is indistinguishable from one technically obtainable legitimately
There is because it was not obtained legitimately. Of course the legit way is very stressful and annoying, but it is what it is.
Then again, since genning can be done and these cheated pokemon can't really be detected people will obviously do it.
>>
>>29046864
>XY bad egg glitch, that they had to release an update to fix it?
The one that didn't exist, and was just pomf lying?
>>
>>29046889 yes, it corrupted your entire box, and it was caused by some corrupted/glitchy/hacky trade.
>>
>>29046912
Prove it.
>>
I love that the Dex is not responding to this fucker.
>>
>>29046880 Then do it yourselve the legit long way, but don't call others cheaters because we speed up the process. We end up with a legal Pokemon. Get over it.
>>
>>29046939
Search in google, google is your friend
>>
>>29046970
Burden of proof is on you, friend.
>>
>>29038110
That's what Verlisify does, he desperately tries to prove the top VGC people are genners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJJKtwDYFGA

The thing is: it's obvious they did it. Hell, if someone wants to have a chance at winning the tournament it's obviously they did it.

How long do you think you take to get a perfect IV, perfect nature legendary like Rayquaza in ORAS? Knowing you need to battle, catch it, check it, soft reset if wrong, rinse, repeat. And of course do that for Kyogre, and other event pokemon like that Raichu.
The alternative would be either having a shitty pokemon that is objectively inferior and will make you lose or genning.
>>
>>29046990 Prove that they used perfect IV legendaries. Stop talking blshit without proofs.
>>
>>29046956
>but don't call others cheaters because we speed up the process. We end up with a legal Pokemon. Get over it.

Are you a kid? You are cheating, you're not playing the game legitimately. This IS cheating and people will call you out for that. Deal with it.
>>
>>29047035 You won't ever notice if I am a cheater or not. that's the thing. now go and cry in your corner, because you don't have arguments. we are playing the competitions legitimaly. period.
>>
>>29047031
Did you watch the video?
Literally enter their stats and nature in a IV calculator.

lmao I'm 100% sure you're a child. It's embarassing to read your posts.
>>
>>29047062
>You won't ever notice if I am a cheater or not
kek
>now go and cry in your corner
No one is crying, stupid. You're acting all defensive because you cannot admit that you're playing the game illegitimately.
>because you don't have arguments
kek
>we are playing the competitions legitimaly. period.
Do you have autism? Are you twelve?
>>
File: 1378265960528.jpg (14KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1378265960528.jpg
14KB, 264x191px
>>29035581
Agreed.
>>
>>29047076 I don't believe anything from Verlistrump. It's his word against everyone else's.
Him and his followers are just doing the big ridiculous of the Pokemon fan community.
>>
>>29047109
I'm not a cheater, just really lucky. :^)
>>
File: aikatsu1.jpg (535KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aikatsu1.jpg
535KB, 1280x720px
>>29035385
put me in the screenshot
>>
I am done talking with kids.

Keep spending your life breeding, or get a life, losers.
>>
Hacking pokemon for me was more making of the perfect pokemon I wanted with having to go through the trail and error process of learning to breed good pokes,I already learn to do it very well but knew it wasnt worth the hours of planning only to screw up somewhere and backtrack.I got really good at making pokes so good by the time. By the time i stopped playing my last pokemon game, I couldnt tell the difference between a legit and a hackwd one cause Iwas that detailed in my creation peocess,i was quite proud but then I noticed I had one to play with and all that ment nothing,but. I did learn alot and I didnt waste hundards of more hours then i should.
>>
File: yaaaaaaaaay.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
yaaaaaaaaay.gif
14KB, 416x416px
who /endlesslyamusedbyeveryoneupsetaboutgenning/ here
>>
To each his own, but I sure tf don't want to spend hours or days or weeks even trying to breed and hatch a Pokemon with perfect IVs, and train it and mold it into the Pokemon that I want and use it in a battle or two. Enjoy what you're doing but please do not shit on people who use PkHex or hack if you will and act self-entitled. That makes you no different.
>>
>>29047124
Alright, then let me do that math for you:
You have six stats whose IVs go from 0 to 31. That gives us 32^6 possible IV spreads. You also have 25 natures.
So we have 25 * 32^6 = 26843545600 possible nature/IV combos. If only one of those is perfect you have a 0.0000000037252903% chance of getting your perfect Rayquaza.
The chance of winning the big powerball was 0.000000342465753%, meaning you're 100 times more likely to win it than to get your perfect Rayquaza.

Now not only the top VGC dude got a perfect Rayquaza, he also had a perfect Kyogre. Oh, and a perfect event Raichu. Now THAT's what being lucky.

Or maybe he genned them, something that takes him 10 minutes and anyone that can read and has internet can do.
>>
>>29035385
I've been there. Lost 2k hours of playtime total between 7 games all lost, and I was devastated. I nearly had a mental breakdown. Quit pokemon till ORAS came out, I bought both versions and actually have a legit completed living dex in time for sm. If I could do it, you can too OP; however, if you need to hack some 'mons to have fun then do it. At the end of the day you play games to have fun, so play whichever way is the most fun for you, not how people say you should play.
But you are going to hell for watching pokemon youtubers, versilify included
>>
>>29047337
I like how you did the math, I apreciate that kind of effort.
>>
>>29047337
Well, if you legitimately wanted to get a competitive Rayquaza without Genning, you would have a Synchronize pokemon at the ready.

Also, Rayquaza will always have 3x perfect IVs, so you just want the other 3 IVs to be perfect.

So, it's really 1/32^3, or 1/32768, which is roughly the same as finding 8 shinies with no shiny charm and not using masuda method (1/4000ish)
>>
Now I get it. Pokémon doesn't represent Tokyo 2020 because the majority of the playerbase is cheating.
I should make some game theory vid about my discovery.
>>
>>29041220
You know, i have thing more importants than reseting a game for a fucking pokemon that i can get in 1 minute and have fun.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.