[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which region is the biggest offender when it comes to forced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_static_nwf4ofc.jpg (564KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_nwf4ofc.jpg
564KB, 1920x1200px
which region is the biggest offender when it comes to forced climates

and why is it Kalos?
>>
File: exhibita.png (55KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
exhibita.png
55KB, 160x160px
>>29034506
>>
inb4 unova route 4
>>
>>29034516
>not building your city near a prime location for glass, concrete, and general construction resources
>>
>>29034506
rivers make sense
>>
>>29034506
i never had any problems with the kalos weather

they made it kinda realistic

>let's go camping ...or any outside activity
>oh yeah!
>crap. it's raining

same could happen while your trying to get pokemon with sweet scent

annoying, but just like real life
>>
>>29034506
All those unsurfable rivers and unclimbable waterfalls disappointed me. The ice corridor with the marsh an two towns inbetween also was rather disconnecting. The Annistar lake could've been good for a surf spot as well.
>>
>>29034515
i have this map on my wall from the preorder bonus and yes

it's extremely terrible how they have SPLOTCHES of climates everywhere with no visible reason as to why it's like that, it's why I'm liking Alola's map so far, it shows elevations and semi reasonable reasons on why there would be a canyon like area and a snowy one.

Kalow just slapped a few patches of climate and called it done
>>
Wasn't all that snow a result of the abomasnow that lived in the area? As in, so many gathered that they actually created their own microclimate?
It was never stated but that was the impression I got. Like how snowbelle city is covered in snow unlike its surrounding areas and it also has a bunch of Abomasnow hanging around.
>>
File: Alola-Region-Map.jpg (314KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Alola-Region-Map.jpg
314KB, 2048x1447px
On another note, I'm loving how Alola is taking from actual Hawaii for its climates and locations.
>>
Kalos

I get the compass direction seasonal climates, but it's still jarring
>>
I'm probably the only guy who liked Hoenns ash "snow" near Mt. chimney. Even though the mere concept of it should make that place unlivable.
>>
>>29034584
I got the impression, but if they stated it, I didn't see it ingame which is a shame. If they had it as its own separate patch without the corridor or explained that abomasnow lived along the corridor, I would've loved it.
>>
>>29034589
>I'm probably the only guy who liked Hoenns ash "snow" near Mt. chimney.

I loved it too man.
>>
>>29034547
I'm talking about the fact that they forced several different climates into one small region without actually putting any effort into logical placement. There's a desert (with a huge fucking river running through it) next to an autumnal, very rainy, area. Then you've got the winter area which is just mashed between the autumnal and spring/summer conditions. The mountains would have been reasonable, but it just extends between the two areas up till Snowbelle.
>>
>>29034589
Fuck off, everyone loved that shit
>>
I honestly think Hoenn's desert is the worst offender. You don't notice it much on the map but it really looked out of place in-game when I first played Emerald.
>>
>>29034584
>>29034593
In game it's actually stated to be caused by the ice types in the gym creating a freakish biome in the town. One of the ace trainer girls talks about it in Snowbell city.
>>
>>29034643
The desert is disconnected from the rainy routes so it doesn't feel that bad at leat I think that

>>29034593
All I remember is the explanation of Snowbelle being snowy and icy because of Wulfric's gym

Kalos is still a huge mess though
>>
>>29034643
I figured that it was just surrounded by mountains, therefore boxing off the desert. The rains were trapped on the routes in front of it after being forced to spill their contents by the height of mt. pier. tldr autism.
>>
>>29034506
So much potential for Deerling and Sawsbuck wasted.
>>
>>29034673
>>29034682
I remember the gym part now. That's is pretty neat in that case. They should have freakish microclimates caused by pokemon more often. Although, they should make the map nicer and maybe make the explanation more prominent.
>>
>>29034506
Kalos is like some shitty, rushed country version of Masuda's horrible gook interpretation of Yurop, which I guess was lots of desaturated colors, palace gardens and shitty countrysides with forced Poke climates.
>>
File: PjenVVj.jpg (810KB, 2560x1809px) Image search: [Google]
PjenVVj.jpg
810KB, 2560x1809px
>>29034643
If I thought long enough I could probably come up with some reasonable explanation for it involving the volcano and the isolation of the desert area in a bowl. I'd argue that the desert area is in a rain shadow but the smoke from the volcano implies the prevailing winds are going in the opposite direction.

>>29034673
>>29034682
I mean that could explain Snowbelle, but that tract of snow between it and Dendemille is just out of place
>>
>>29034682
>>29034688
I get it, but it's really small and directly adjacent to a grassy area with trees and everything. It would have made more sense if the route connecting to it was a bit more barren. I would have really liked if they made some sort of wasteland with ash instead of sand too. Would have looked really cool imho.
>>
>>29034720
(you)
>>
>>29034720
honestly I love the more subdued colors of Kalos
>>
I was just thinking about this too after revisiting X

Kalos is a fucking Minecraft map
>>
File: Black Sand Beach.jpg (8KB, 209x157px) Image search: [Google]
Black Sand Beach.jpg
8KB, 209x157px
>>29034726
True enough. I always felt that the little barren are above Mauville and by the winstrates sufficed, but it was pretty small. The area right before mt chibmney with the numel could've also been more barren to show it. None of the pokemon their really benefited from green grass everywhere in that area.
>>29034585
This might get some people, but they kept the black sand beach on the south point of the Big Island of Alola, but they moved the volcano that makes the black sand to the island next to it. I guess they didn't want 3 large mountains on one island. The Akala island's mountain, while pretty, doesn't really have much separating it from the other 2 by being an alpine desert, so they made it the volcano.
>>
File: Rainshadow_copy.jpg (88KB, 542x306px) Image search: [Google]
Rainshadow_copy.jpg
88KB, 542x306px
>>29034643
>>29034682
>>29034688
>>
File: Punaluu4.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Punaluu4.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>>29034792
and I saved a thumbnail
>>
>>29034585
I remeber someone making a thread about Sun&Moon's locations being unrealistic.
>>
>>29034726
From the direction of the smoke the winds are probably blowing into the two entrances to the desert bowl, and that's why it doesn't bleed so much into the adjoining routes.

Something probably happened with the volcano to cause that specific area to become barren, and the heat around the area prevented a lot of rain from falling and reviving the isolated area. The rainclouds end up being blown toward route 119 where the rain finally condenses
>>
>>29034746
Yeah, not only they tried to cram as many biomes as they could they also incoporated seasons because they were to lazy to keep the Gen 5 system. It's pretty jarring how you're walking on a pretty autumm leaves route, suddenly you reach a cold city and then you need a Mamoswine to cross a canyon with like 2m of snow
>>
File: wind.png (11KB, 1133x91px) Image search: [Google]
wind.png
11KB, 1133x91px
>>29034722
>>29034722
wind in Gen 3 Hoenn is kinda fucked
>>
>>29034740
Its fucking garbage and coupled with the washed out models makes the game a chore to play.

A shame they decided to dial up the saturation on shit remakes. Now I have to wait for Sun and Moon
>>
>>29034821
So far they seem mostly spot on due to taking actual locations. Some of them were moved around for gameplay reasons and some were exaggerated, but if you asked I could probably just post the irl versions. It helps that the mountains their erosion create a ton of weird micro climates. 11 biomes total I believe.
>>
>>29034605
>the world my cartoon characters live in isn't realistic enough
literally you right now.
next you'll be whinging about how flying anywhere on a pidgey should be impossible.
>>
So what's better, forced biomes like Kalos or everything being temperate like Kanto?
>>
>>29034833
I just made all this shit up btw I am not actually qualified to explain this shit

>>29034805
Yeah I mentioned that but the winds really don't make sense
>>
>>29034841
Ohh I forgot about Verdanturf having all that pristine air, yeah Hoenn winds are fucked.

>>29034872
I don't need it to be hyper-realistic, I'd just appreciate if they put some effort into where they place the biomes instead of

Masuda:
>"HeyY GuySS!!! Look I just shit on the kalos map by accident and it left this big ol' stain, let's make that the desert!!"
Not Masuda:
>"WOW I LOVE IT, I just came so hard on the map we should make that the snowy area."
>>
>>29034885
>you can only have forced biomes or a temperate region
>>
Fuck Mount Silver in HG/SS for always having hail
>>
Sinnoh did it the best
>>
>>29034930
the map is so small that it is ridiculous, who could travel through a whole region and interact with almost everyone living in it in only a few hours?
some of the towns are less than 60 seconds walk between them, god forbid you have a bike. you would need to get off and on it constantly, it's basically not worth owning a bike unless you live next to a route with a bikeway.
and what's with these monsters that produce seemingly unlimited amounts of water from nowhere?
no i think you were right anon. pokemon is unrealistically unrealistic. we need a realistic pokemon game with a realistic sized world and realistic monsters.

who would leave a town, walk 60 seconds up the road and think "this is where i'm going to build another town"?
>>
>>29034835
That's my biggest problem, the map could easily be explained away with artistic liberties. But in-game you've got Lumiose one door in Lumiose leading to a desert and he next to this swampy autumn setting. Then just while later from you're thrown into 10 feet of snow. They think they can just plop one of those transition buildings anywhere and make the next area a total 180.
>>
>>29034985
And here we see the reduction to the absurd, a common fallacy often employd on internet arguments
>>
>>29034974
>Snow patches in first town/ route and nowhere else.
>The entirety of the post-game area being tropical despite taking a boat from Snowpoint with iceberg drills.
>Winter clothing for 3 areas.
>Winter clothing for the post game area.
>Winter clothing in a volcano with open magma.
>>
>>29034999
>mobilefag.jpg
Those trips do not excuse me for going full retard in those sentences
>>
>>29035002
i think complaining about the weather in a monster collecting game for children is pretty absurd, but then again i'm not autistic.
>>
>>29034985
>who would leave a town, walk 60 seconds up the road and think "this is where i'm going to build another town"?

You'd actually be surprised.
>>
>>29035028
>Snow patches in first town/ route and nowhere else.
It indicates a temperate/cold weather. Considering none of the adjacent areas shows indication of being tropical that's not reallly an issue

>The entirety of the post-game area being tropical despite taking a boat from Snowpoint with iceberg drills.
It's also on a separate island. I guess It's also impossible to go ina ship from Canada to hawaii

>Winter clothing
Hardware limitations and GF being lazy. In the original RSE the protagonist also went with light clothing into an ice-cave and in BW2, the clothes are always the same regardless of the season
>>
>>29034985
You're comparing the close proximity of towns to side-by-side climates without ecotones.

The equivalent would be if routes did not exist at all between towns.

They are entirely different things
>>
>>29035138
nah
>>
>>29034506
>muh forced climates

Oh fuck off.
Unova has the exact same diversity in environments.
>>
>>29034605
I liked to imagine it was your journey taking a year....your first trip up to Lumiose is full of flowers -- Spring. Your journey around Coastal Kalos is summer (beaches and the like), while that swampy, haunted area is Autumn and the Snowbelle City part is Winter.

I'm sure the game WAS intentionally designed that way, but I do feel it helps justify things in my own shitty headcanon.
>>
File: awerghwearhearh.png (133KB, 246x305px) Image search: [Google]
awerghwearhearh.png
133KB, 246x305px
>>29035207
>gen x did it too!
The Kalos defense force has come to the rescue of their precious gen 6
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.