[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really rigged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 11

File: battle maison.png (954KB, 753x472px) Image search: [Google]
battle maison.png
954KB, 753x472px
Is it really rigged?
>>
>>29028816
yes
they start building counter teams to yours
>>
>>29028816
As rigged as Vegas, baby
>>
>>29028816
>losing
>>
>>29028816
It is a rigged system, folks.
>>
>>29028816
Yep. Either you use some bullshit that the AI has a hard time of countering, or you switch up your team once the deck starts getting stacked, rinse and repeat once that team gets countered.
>>
>>29028834
Makes sense that people would try to counter the strongest trainer.
>>
they also outright cheated before, in the emerald battle frontier you couldn't benefit from having lati@s having soul dew but the same couldn't be said with the ones used against you.
>>
Hey, a rigged system is one way to get difficulty outta these games
>>
>>29030574
you can also play online
>>
>>29028816
Happened to me multiple times.

>Roserade used Leech Seed!
>Roserade used Toxic!
>Roserade used Protect 7 times in a fucking row!
>Medicham fainted!
>>
File: 1383885734295.jpg (46KB, 231x251px) Image search: [Google]
1383885734295.jpg
46KB, 231x251px
>>29029195
>Finally get to Nerd Frontier brain in Plat after being forced to constantly use shitmons
>He cheats to win
>>
>>29028816
WALREIN
>WALREIN
WALREIN
>WALREIN
WALREIN
>WALREIN
WALREIN
>>
>>29030756

Emerald made me feel that fucking thing. QUICK CLAW SHEER COLD EVERY TURN.
>>
>Something holding Bright Powder
>Everything I throw at them misses.

"10% accuracy reduction," my ass.
>>
>>29030712
>Not having Feint
You deserved to lose
>>
>>29028816
Yes it is. Earlier in my run tonight my opponent had TWO Spiritomb at once.

Just fucking lost during Battle 45 to a few psychic types. My highest record so far. Swept a team of six legendaries right before it and I couldn't handle a few psychic types, fuck me. All I want is the last Ribbons I need for my Greninja and Ditto, so that means reaching 50.

FUCK
I DONT EVEN NEED POINTS ANYMORE, JUST GIVE ME THE RIBBON
>>
>>29030966
i'm so angry i could shove my 3ds up my ass. why can't i use these 820 battle points i will NEVER use and just redeem them for the ribbon
>>
>>29028816

>literally reads your party, right down to the moveset

>generates the perfect counter party that only loses to RNG
>>
>>29031113
also
>everything past Battle 40 has perfect IVs
>>
Daily reminder that all those moves without 100% accuracy will be 50% for you, while your opponent will always connect.
>>
File: eevee.jpg (279KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
eevee.jpg
279KB, 1280x960px
>>29030966
>>29031079
>Pic related
You'll get there eventually anon. It took me well over multiple tries for weeks to eventually get the last ribbon for my Eevee. The RNG is so strong against but eventually you will eventually get lucky. Just check the battle for that ribbon I had, I was so nervous. 27XG-WWWW-WW4Q-GRHE
>>
>>29031181
holy fuck anon how long did that take?
>>
>>29031181
the thing is the AI is so dumb that you feel like you can win until they fuck you thoroughly

like my volcarona was frozen for 10+ fucking turns and would have been fine if I just unthawed but no
>>
>>29031188
Over the years. I don't think you can get all the Battle frontier ribbons anymore in 4th gen now due to the wi-fi being shut down. The Battle Chateau is leaned far worst against you then the 100 straight battle wins in Mt. Battle in XD Gale of Darkness.
>>
File: 1431763053125.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1431763053125.png
16KB, 174x231px
>No one to do Super Multi Battle with.
>>
>>29031243

Not very related, but virtually all wi-fi functionality can be managed with your home router and some files. There's a stockpile, somewhere, of the stuff you need to spoof the DS online services. I know you can get Metroid Prime Hunters running, so the Battle Frontier is probably still possible.
>>
>>29031258

I managed to beat it with an AI. Granted, one with two legendaries.

>actually relied on its ass when it keeps doing stupid things like Thunderwave a paralyzed opponent
>>
>>29031181
That's really impressive, guess I won't give up myself after seeing that. Man is it crushing to lose out of nowhere though. Looking back on my loss replay, the entire team was full of HP and psychic. Freak team I could in no way be prepared for
>>
>>29028816

Yeppers.

I did the battle test thingy where you do 5 battles and get a rank based on hwo you did. I went in with a Trick Room team.

The 5th battle consised of another trick room team (that was even slower than my team) that lead with a Chople Berry Soundproof Boffulant specifically to counter my Exploud.
>>
You are eventually bound to get fucked by some fucker with something stupid like Bright Powder or the exact Pokemon that counters your team.
>>
>>29030966
>my opponent had TWO Spiritomb at once

If you saved the replay you should notice what was actually going on.
>>
why do they think this shit is fair or fun. if they're actually gonna acknowledge EVs, why not give us a Hard Mode campaign where NPCs actually have their pokemon trained, not this shit
>>
>>29031390
Zoroark?
>>
>>29031390
It wasn't a Zoroark, and I really doubt the enemy is programmed to use Ditto at all and end up using transform on itself. There were two Spiritomb.
>>
>>29031420
I dunno man, once I went against two Vileplume and actually bothered to save the replay to check what happened.

>>29031408
Yea
>>
>tfw powersaves
>tfw backup my save every five battles
>everytime I haxxed I just restore a backed up save

:^)
>>
>>29029003
some mat block greninja shell bell aron shit is hilarious to play
>>
Before Gen VI, if you used something like a Wonder Guard Spiritomb, did the AI eventually manage to fuck you over anyways?
>>
my sleep talk suicune was a mistake. help me deal with the psychic types that ended my latest streak

Bold
252 HP 156 Def 76 SpA 4 SpD 20 Speed
Leftovers
Calm Mind
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
>>
>>29029003
Sometimes you cant avoid it though and they get lucky on like the first try.
>>
>>29031495

They knew to use status moves and fire fang.
>>
>>29031243
>XD
that's a good pokemon game
>>
>quick claw activated!
>it's a one hit ko!
>(100% accuracy) attack missed!

If this doesn't give you ptsd, you're not playing enough.
>>
>>29031554
pls help, i'd like to get right back into the heat of things. maybe snarl would be ideal? just taught dark pulse to mega blastoise
>>
>>29028816
Damn this girl probably grew up to be new evil team leader or something.
Are all rising stars bitch anyway?
>>
>>29031750
pls ;__;
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9hC7THYN8
>>
>>29030748
>get to the cheating frontier brains
>use hacked mons and win
psh, nothing personnel
>>
>>29031495
Yeah, for some fucking reason the AI knew EXACTLY which move to use to hit through Wonder Guard Spiritomb. A fucking glitched move can hit through Spiritomb and the AI somehow knows this.
>>
You have to win a fuckton of times in a row but the AI only has to get lucky once. The AI doesn't have to cheat, probability is just heavily in its favor.
>>
>>29033736
Nah, it definitely cheats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS9hC7THYN8
>>
This is why, some part of me is glad there was no Frontier. These facilities are some bs
>>
>>29028816
If quick claw activating and Horn Drill hitting on the same turn 3 times in a row isn't rigged, I don't know what is. Shoutout to the video on youtube of the Blizzard doublefreeze twice in a row

>>29029003
Using bullshit teams isn't fun at all though.
>>
>>29034048
0.0027% chance, Hax God showed it's possible to break the odds. Also yeah that vid was hilarious.
>>
Definitely rigged.
>>
>>29031181

You have the same 3ds as me. Do you want sum fuk?
>>
>>29034068
But to encounter that 0.0027% chance several times? Yeah there's some bullshit. Battle facilities as a whole are terrible.

>all enemies have perfect iv and ev trained pokemon, even preschoolers
>huge emphasis on streaks means you're earning fuckall for points for the longest time and it's all undone should you run into one of the many ways it can fuck you over
>every item you buy via BP is heavily overpriced for the effort put in. A rare candy isn't worth 5BP, let alone the 48 it costs
>people walking around with 2-4 legendaries like it's nothing

If it gets to the point where I have to look up some bullshit team and strategy to earn BP, what's even the point? Every fight would just go the same anyways.
>>
>>29031079
>i'm so angry i could shove my 3ds up my ass.
Why am I laughing so hard?
>>
>>29031495
Oh oh oh oh, yes they do.
>something used Double Team
>something used Toxic!
>>
File: ValG1Xq.jpg (385KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ValG1Xq.jpg
385KB, 3264x2448px
Why are these people such cunts? They weren't like this in previous games.
>>
>>29034185

It is heavily believed that all those are intentionally added to BM since they can't be included in the main game.

Since not many will be challenging them, they can put as much meme as they want.
>>
>>29028816
>gen 5
>if you cheat in wondertomb/wondereye every single mon will have the only move that hits it
>>
>>29034185
realism dude
>>
>>29028816
i love how people think that developers that can barely make a functional battling AI can develop a sophisticated counterteaming algorithm. you get "counter teamed" because you do a shitload of battles, and unlike normal battling the odd loss you experience is much more painful since streaks are the object
>>
File: ded.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>Aerodactyl outspeeds my entire party and spams Rock Slide, proccing the flinch chance every time until everything is dead.
>>
>>29034445
oh anon iktf, I'm so sorry
>>
>>29030748
Nothing was quite like defeating that fucker factory head Thorton when he pulled out two legendary pokémon.

I miss factory the most.

>>29034445
Had a bad run-in with an Aerodactyl in the Battle Hall. Then again, the Matron Hall with her Rhyperior didn't expect HP Grass.
>>
>>29034396
see >>29034364
>>
It cheats in the most frustrating way possible. It hikes up any positive odds while lowering any negative odds for the NPCs; and vice versa for you. It's why you never take moves with less than 100% base accuracy deep into battle tower.

Beyond that, NPC pokemon will start to have their stats at +1, then +2 and so on; most notably their speed stat. I can't count how many times I've been outsped by something slower than me and not using a choice scarf/quick claw.

The most minor bit is that every pokemon has a move set seemingly tailored to your selected team.
>>
>>29034145
That's why my Wonder Ward Spiritomb had Tail Glow, Refresh, Aura Sphere and Magic Leaf
>>
Pokemon Y, Super Triples Battle, battle number 51.
My team: Drizzle Politoed - Thundrus - Tornadus, 3 other water types.
Enemy team: Raichu - Aerodactyl - Archeops, 3 other electric types.
AI casually had 2 of the fastest if not the fastest rock pokemon to destroy my 2 genies in the first turn. AI casually had 4 electric mons to fuck with my water mons, they even had grass attacks to counter water/ground mons.
>>
I've gotten a 300+ win streak. The game doesn't cheat. It's just that you only need 1 instance of really bad luck to lose, and the chance of it happening naturally becomes higher the more battles you play without that instance occurring.
>>
File: 1459613042631.png (7KB, 256x206px) Image search: [Google]
1459613042631.png
7KB, 256x206px
>>29034185
Are you serious? The people in Unova are either depressed or sociopaths
>>
>>29034396
I had a fully EV Trained Gengar, and the opposing Gengar just happened to also be fully EV Trained ins speed and had slightly more IVs to surpass mine. This was the third battle
>>
>>29028816

It fucking feels like it.

>Run Zoroark/Shedinja for mindgames
>Suddenly every lead starts throwing moves that'd be blocked by Wonder Guard
>That one Porygon2 set with Trace/Magic Coat shows up without fail during big streaks
>>
Yes. It cheats like salty children on Free Battle Spot.
>>
>>29031495
Got my shit wrecked by Mold Breaker and Guillotine from Pinsir since, you know, it negated Wonder Guard
>>
File: B5fJtVnIYAA3cX2.png (830KB, 798x920px) Image search: [Google]
B5fJtVnIYAA3cX2.png
830KB, 798x920px
>>29034185

my guess is the Maison stuff is a seperate translator, or the first translator allowed to run wild. either way it would've been because this area is considered less important, so just get whatever in there as long as it's in english.

the yellow maison girl's irish accent reminds me of the modern Dragon Quest localizations. maybe it was those guys?
>>
>>29034103
>>all enemies have perfect iv and ev trained pokemon, even preschoolers
>>huge emphasis on streaks means you're earning fuckall for points for the longest time and it's all undone should you run into one of the many ways it can fuck you over

At least with Hyper training and hordes plus battle facilities paying out per fight now, these are less of an issue.

As for your complaint about Rare Candies, they're expensive because you're only meant to buy a few and use them along side save scumming for I.V checking.
>>
>>29034185

GF knows kids won't get far in them so they always hide the shit they can't put into the main games in them. Like that maid in BW who says she dresses like that to get desperate losers to do what they want.
>>
>>29037984

Spiritomb's ghost typing should have blocked the Guillotine.
>>
>>29028816
>Get a Durant with Truant ability and entrainment
>Use a Pokemon with Protect, Sub, Hone Claws and preferably Knock Off
>Fuck the AI in the ass
>repeat untill you get bored

Changing up the team feels sometimes useful too.
>>
>>29028816
Yes, it does. Not only because the mansion starts pooping out trainers with teams that counter yours after a certain amount of wins (which isn't that bad) but it also has way too much luck with the RNG (We've all been fucked by some random Quick Claw Dewgong with OHKO moves)

I think the best was to win is to have two teams with different weaknesses/playstyles and keep alternating them every few wins. At least I'm pretty sure it takes a couple of battles before the AI comes out with the perfect counter against you.

If you want to do it extra fast, just have Mega Mom in one team and Mega Mence in the other. In singles at least they pretty much rape everything before they can rape you.

In doubles, usually abusing a prankster mon works well. I had fun with safeguard+swagger Meowstic (male) and Mega Kangaskhan (Use safeguard then swagger on Kangaskhan to boost its attack without getting it confused)

I never really went for triples and rotation just because those battles take way too long to finish, and being able to rematch Wally isn't really a good reward (wtf was GF thinking when they gave Wally the regular trainer theme in the maison?)
>>
>>29038100
>Dana was the last Chatelaine I fought.
>oh hey someone that doesn't have an accent
>Slips into it after you beat her.

oh
>>
>>29030712
>>Roserade used Protect 7 times in a fucking row!
id say you were lying if I didn't have a video of dugtrio pulling off 5 protects in a row against me.
>>
>>29038201
>mold breaker
learn how to read you dipshit
>>
>>29031181
What is the blue Pokeball with the moon-looking thing on it right beneath your Eevee's ball?

Also, you're pretty dedicated you crazy bastard. Nice work.
>>
>>29041149
that's a moon ball from the johto region
>>
>>29035809
sounds like unsourced bullshit easily disproven by the several people that have had success with wondertombs
>>
Why do you people complain about trainers eventually countering your own team?

The games were doing this as far back as Crystal.
>>
back in the 40's. just 10 more for that ribbon. please channel all of your energy into me to ensure my victory.
>>
>>29034068

I once saw this guy in Emerald's Battle Tower/Factory who lost against 3 Sheer Colds.
>>
Is it rigged, no. Are you bound to lose using the same team for 237 matches in a row, yes. I made it using Tyranitar, Clefable, and Ferrothorn, but you can just as easily lose earlier even if you used Aegislash, M-Kang & Landorus. RNG will eventually give the enemy good crits, secondary activations, etc. enough to kill you, despite strategy.
>>
>>29040890
Mold Breaker doesnt ignore typing immunities retard. M-Ampharos cant hit Ground/Fairy types with Thunder/DPulse
>>
>>29038100
at least isn't as bad as spanish one
>>
>>29042285
>RNG will eventually give the enemy good crits, secondary activations, etc.
Including things with a low chance of activating proccing multiple times in a row?
Look its literally confirmed by datamining Battle Subway that the AI cheats.
They'll use moves based on what you use
They know what youre going to switch to when you press Switch.
If a move has an effect with a chance of occurring, they'll select the move on the frames that says the crit/etc. occurs.
And they tailor make teams based on the team youre fighting them with.
Go ahead, lead with a Swampert and see how long until you fight 15 grass types in a row.
>>
>>29042447
Reading moves isn't rigged, because you can do that too. I dunno about picking moves on the frame they activate crits or effects but I know they pick teams to counter yours, that is until you reach 50, then it's a mix of random legendaries and shitmons. Take my advice if you're having trouble, for singles Mega Kang, Landorus, and Aegislash work really well.
>>
>>29042149
ON BATTLE 50 NOW

ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WIN
>>
>>29042929
I believe in you and your repeated digits believe in you
>>
>>29042929
kek
>>
>>29042929

If it's singles battle, all you have to do is have a Adamant Multiscale Dragonite with a Lum Berry do a DD and then Outrage. I do it all the time for ribbon farming and never losel
>>
>>29042929
I believe in you, stay calm
>>
>>29042929
I WON
I WON

IT"S OVER

NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>29043039
it was triples btw

greninja, mega blastoise, talonflame, suicune, dragonite and ditto. all i wanted was the ribbon for greninja and ditto and now i finally have it

fuck the battle maison
>>
Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados
Something to eat electric attacks and/or thunderwave
Something that can eat sleep status

I got to 127 super singles win and most of /vp/ is better than me at the game.
>>
File: brat.png (434KB, 563x418px) Image search: [Google]
brat.png
434KB, 563x418px
>>29043039
>>
>>29043039
I'm so happy for you anon
https://youtu.be/3NuFVQk_CCs
>>
>>29043074
do i keep going

if i "take a break" will i still be able to qualify for the berries later, not that i really want them
>>
>>29043103

Yeah you'll be fine.
>>
>>29043116
hell yeah, i need that break

thank you for your spirit energy, /vp/
>>
>>29037878
I ran a Zoaroak Illusioned Toxicroak and the NPCs would waste their time with a psychic.
>>
File: 1476056636473.gif (2MB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1476056636473.gif
2MB, 250x220px
Worst time I had was on the Battle Arcade. the one where there is a massive bonus board, some fulled with benefits and others filled with drawbacks. In this mode pokemon do not get items other than the ones you win if your lucky.

I had a levitate earthquake sweep team. things like gyarados, Salamence ect. things were going pretty swell, getting every beneficial bonus every round. eventually the board had all negative effects some of which would be instant losses like, "entire team starts with a burn". I got the only green tile, "congratulations!" my entire team was given the item heavy ball...

Well played
>>
Mega Kangaskhan is mandatory if you want a good streak, and Protean Greninja can mess around with the AI, as changing it to say, ice type will make them send out a fire type, choose different moves so Greninja can be as versatile as possible. I also use Aegislash for defense should I end up backed into a corner.
>>
>>29031218
I was playing a support pokemon I forgot what it was, it had helping hand and ice beam. So I helping hand my pokemon the turn before switched to sylveon and tried to ice beam their dragon. Well I ice beamed my Sylveon and got frozen for 9 turns and lost.

Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>29043404
wow what the fuck man
>>
File: Conkeldurp.jpg (46KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Conkeldurp.jpg
46KB, 500x281px
>Playing ORAS Super Single Battle Maison
>Use a rather non-optimally synergized team that has: Mega Lopunny, Assault Vest Serperior, and Leftovers Offensive moveset but Bulky Heatran
>Still fail at one point, but at least hit around the 30s.
>Use a better synergized team of Mega Salamence, Leftovers Rotom-W, and similiar moveset and Bulky Heatran with an Air Balloon.
>Can't even reach over 20 steaks.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.