[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there a logical lore reason why they're still separated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

So is there a logical lore reason why they're still separated by gender in the Dex or has GF just accepted that it'd be too much trouble to fix?
>>
The latter
>>
>>29023162
No lore reason. Game Freak just doesn't want to retcon the dex
>>
>>29023162
Simple. They are two different lines. Unlike Meowtstic who have one preevo.
>>
the latter, they're not going to retcon the entire Pokedex to fix something as trivial as a gender difference.
>>
>>29023162
"150 and more to see"
Original 151
etc
>>
Out of respect to Professor Oak
>>
>me, my husband and my husbands children
>>
>>29023214
More like
>Me, my husband, my husband children and his sexual partner
>>
If you breed a Nidoking and a Ditto, what does the ditto transform into?
>>
>>29023162
>his wife wears diapers
>>>/furaffinity/
>>
>>29023162
Did he fuck his daughter
>>
>>29023250
Nidoking
check e621
>>
>>29023287
I'm not sure I want to
>>
>>29023162
Gender wasnt a thing in gen 1. Gender was their unique gimmick.
>>
>>29023203
This, if they weren't different lines the "original 151" would be come the the "original 149"
>>
>be nidorina
>get picked on by older brother
>younger brother gets coddled by mom
>your little sister is shiny
>>
>>29023665
>little sis will grow up to be puke green
Poor lass
>>
>First line where genders played a role.
>cannot breed.
>>
>>29023162
Differnet species.
>>
>>29023162
Gamefreak has some kind of rules for when Pokemon are different forms or different species, sexually or otherwise. I don't know what those rules are.
Burmy line has a split evo based on sex, and Wormadam has three forms with different typings, stats, and movepools.
Meowstic only has forms with movepools, although the form is based on sex.
Oricorio has different typings, forms, and movepools. Maybe stats, maybe not.
Lycanroc has forms based on game version, with different movepools and possibly stats.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that differentiates a separate species from a separate form is whether or not they have different names. Nidoking and Nidoqueen have different names, different species. Lycanroc and Lycanroc have the same name, different forms.
>>
>>29023532
>if they weren't different lines the "original 151" would be come the the "original 149"
>2/2=0
>>
File: bb381fdecfb6801fd1ea05dd5f598761.png (646KB, 1131x672px) Image search: [Google]
bb381fdecfb6801fd1ea05dd5f598761.png
646KB, 1131x672px
>>29023267
Daughter? You mean level 90 nidoran wife and her husband that evolved?
>>
It clearly isn't a programming issue. Between generations there has been a significant overhaul to how Pokemon are handled in game data several times, there have been plenty of opportunities to rectify the issue. And Pokemon like Meowstic, Pumpkaboo, Wormadam, etc. have gender / form differences that extend to abilities, movepools, and base stats, so there isn't a problem there.

GameFreak just doesn't want to fuck with the old Pokedex.
>>
Fiction don't have to make sense.
that's worrying about old stuff.
>>
Volbeat and Illumise work the same way. It's just something gf does sometimes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.