[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HG/SS are beautiful as every pokémon game is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Recently there's been a lot of hate/love on HGSS, I was just playing through it and I want to discuss with you all, hopefully opening someone's eyes, why there's no reason to shit on any pokémon game.

Sure, the level curve was a fucking bore.
Every single trainer was underleveled, battles were boring ass shits with gym battle posing just the slight challenge they should (actually, only falkner, bugsy, and pryce [jesus christ that piloswine is buffed as fuck])
[continued]
>>
>>29019928

Silver was actually hard, every battle ended up with a sweaty 1v1, I lost a couple of times to the rocket leader and Lance took me MORE THAN THIRTY MINUTES.
Jesus, it's been the most HYPE battle I've ever had in the last 8 Years, cause last time I was so excited about winning the league was exactly on my first HG run.

"But anon, how can you have enjoyed that?"
I went in with lv34-36 shitmons, Ledian did pratically nothing except setting a 4 turn screen to just die, 15levels over dragonites ONE SHOTTED everyone in my team except Quagsire cause of protect and Magnezone cause of steel type (ofc I could only switch him in outrage cause fire blast fucked my ass up), but I still managed to do it with Exeggutor's seeds and Weezing's poison.

Jesus, 32 minutes in and the third full restore on lv50 dragonite was hinting I should have fucking killed myself, but I did it. Using 20 revives, 20 hyper pots, and 10 full restore.
No boring grinding to a even more boring champion battle where I stomp everyone with stab + supereffect.
Just me, my pokes, and some strategy.
>>
>>29019930

>nice blogpost anon
I'm jsut fucking excited like you all should be playing this game.
Of course I've decided to play it hard, raising an annoyer Exeggcutor instead of going full damage, and raising a ledian who's wheighted my team down all the way sucking experience away.
But what if every game can be enjoyed if played the right way? Hell I could even enjoy ORAS. But I better wait for SM to come out.

Just wanted to share this with you, boys, why out of all things it has to be pokémon to make me feel this much alive?
>>
>>29019928
Most people here love HGSS, despite the shitposting
>>
>>29020152
I'm seeing more and much more hate threads on hgss level curve lately, they surpassed by a long shot the love ones
>>
>>29019930
My battle with Lance wasn't that bad, Ampharos took care of zard and Gyarados, Aerodactyl was Quagsire's deal, Xatu did one Dragonite and Mamoswine did the other two.

Of course that the level curve still fucked me, I had to use held items bought by mum like Choice Scarf (Ampharos) and Specs (Typhlosion), or else I'd be fucked.
>>
>>29019928
I don't care how much anons here hate this game, HGSS are great
>>
>>29021049
I had no Ice or dragon moves, only thing I could do was seeding him and try and survive at as many attacks as possible, it's been painful senpai
>>
>>29019928
>shitty level curve
>the champ did not even have a johto mon
>want to get the 5th badge? Surf 5 hours. You need to train? Well surf again 5 hours.

did the orginal GSC had a legendary relevant story? I thought you could just catch it if you had the item but you could also skip it.
>>
>>29021721
GSC didn't make you catch the legendary

I think Sprout Tower was only mandatory in HGSS as well, same with the Kimono Girls.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.