[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen6 Sugimori by primary type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gen6montage-poison.png (888KB, 1256x872px) Image search: [Google]
gen6montage-poison.png
888KB, 1256x872px
Before SunMoon officially kicks off Gen-VII and makes this goddamn piece of work out-dated to a degree where I won't be able to just add a few new Sugi-Arts to fix it...

Here is a now interactive version of my Gen-VI Sugimori Montage:

tinyurl:jy6nke8

Basically, I took 120p Sugimori Artworks of all Pokémon, gave them a background colour showcasing their type/s, grouped them with their evolutionary line, then grouped all of those together by their primary type, while taking into consideration the national-dex order (place decided by whatever stage was released first) (well it was more complicated than that, since I wanted the whole picture to have a sense of order as well, determining the group-shapes and positions etc, but yeah..)

And then late added all the new Megas and forms intorduced in ORAS up to U-Hoopa...so it only lacks Volcanion now (which I haven't added cause I can't be bothered to add that sucker by now)

The new part this time is that you can hover over any of the type-groups with your mouse, and it highlights all the PKMN with that type as their secondary type within the rest of the picture (check out Flying).

(Link to the full 120p/sugiart resolution pic if anyone wants that as well: tinyurl:zykjptb)

If I make a new version of it once we have the first complete batch of Gen7 Art, I haven't figured out yet how I'll handle Alola forms. Following the current logic of it, Ice Vulpix/Ninetales simply belong added to the Ice group as well, just like Mega evolutions/forms are also present on this one...but the issue arises when you get to things Like Cubone, which stays regular, but Marowak having a Fire/Ghost type form, since I cannot put Alola-Marowak into the Fire group without isolating it from Cubone, or having a Ground-type Cubone twice on the picture... I'll see.

(picked Poison highlight pic for the thread for no particular reason)
>>
>>29019829
Neat.
>>
>>29019829
This actually looks fascinating
>>
This pretty cool, dude.
>>
Great job Anon! I really like it. It's a shame that VII Gen Pokémon Artworks aren't made by Sugimori anymore, they look so different.
>>
>>29019829
Pretty cool OP
Also I forgot that the entire bellsprout line was part poison.
>>
>>29021625

IIRC Pokémon have been designed by plenty of people for a long time, it's just that Sugimori was the one that "pokemonized" them and made the final design and art, hence why the official artworks are known as Sugimori Arts.

So what you're saying is, that isn't the case anymore, meaning they've made other people master that style and do some/all of the final art now? (I know it's been the case for some character designs and other stuff before though, so it's not like Sugimori cannot be replaced or whatever)

In that case, guess I'll have to start just calling these "official arts" instead of Sugimori Arts.
>>
Just noticed a mistake; Fletchling is normal/flying, not Fire/Flying.
>>
>>29022109
Ohmura (guy who did the people art in Gen 5) is I think more or less confirmed to be doing the non-Alola form Pokemon now. Certainly matches up with his style more than Sugis.
>>
>>29022109

forgot to mention, I pulled my shit together and updated the whole thing with Volcanion (the interactive site one). So now this project is finished.

>>29022116
It's intentional. There were 5 cases that went against the reasoning of how this is made up. I decided that keeping the whole evolutionary family together was priority over putting these small number of Pokémon in their proper group. They ended up in the primry type of their final stage. These are:
-Azurill in Water (Normal/Fairy)
-Onix in Steel (Rock/Ground)
-Swablu in Dragon (Normal/Flying)
-Fletchling in Fire (Normal/Flying)
and the glaring one,
-Eeveelutions. I've just threw them all into Normal.

Also if you look at the background colour on Fletchling, it's correctly Normal/Flying, it just isn't in the correct type-group for the sake of keeping i next to Fletchinder/Talonflame

Now with the Alola forms that issue will become to big to ignore though, so I will ahve to find a better solution next time.

>>29022135
I see, thanks.
>>
>>29019829
nice
>>
>>29019829
Where do you download the art? Ken Sugimori archives? Because you have no idea how many times I've downloaded them. Just to have the artwork. For some reason there needs to be an updated rar file.
>>
>>29022397

oh boy do I wish there was an easy way to download them all with consistent quality, as well as that source getting updated...

I've used veekuns rars in the distant past, but they're 2 generations behind by now.

I think I had 120p ones from the japanese official Pokedex site or something, and I have 475p ones from another tedious process that's hidden in some repressed memory.

one source would be bulbapedia, since you can pick a specific resolution by simply editing the url of their images, but have fun getting them all one by one...

anyone else know a place? I'd love one as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.