[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackroms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

File: YNRRUxf.png (131KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
YNRRUxf.png
131KB, 400x240px
I'm new to hackroms. Is this worth playing? Neo X/Y too? What's the best hackrom for every game?
>>
>>29018962
What are the differences between Alpha Sapphire and Star Sapphire?
>>
>>29018962
Star Sapphire is fine
Neo X/Y is shit, play Eternal X/Wilting Y instead
>>
>>29018962
Rising Ruby and Wilting Y

Not even romhacks can save the trainwreck and shitshow that are the gens below the 3DS so don't even bother, the instant you play a gen VI game you'll never want to go back to obsolete crap
>>
>>29019038
It's far more diffucult.
>>
I have CFW and have never played a hack, how do you even do that?
>>
>>29018962
Meme Sapphire
EX/WY
>>
>>29019042
Funny you say that because the more I played Gen VI the more I wanted to "go back"
>>
>>29019038
Star Saphire is great. Very challenging. Even more challenging for me because I play on Set, which I suggest you do too if you want the biggest challenge. Neo X/Y I never played because I heard it does alot of stupid stuff giving Pokemon moves they can't know like Tailow with power up punch and I just wanted a difficulty increase not a bunch of fakemons.
>>
>>29019051
what is cfw?
>>
>>29018962
Generally if there is a Drayano hack, that's the popular one.
The exception is ORAS, where you may see debate between Rutile/Star's higher difficulty vs the multiple other changes that Rising/Sinking brings.
for XY, I know that Eternal X/Wilting Y shits on Neo XY in every possible way.
>>
>>29019061
There will always be the ebin contrarians like you around 4chan

Everyone else never touched the old games after gen VI, there's no reason to. The romhacks on them are enough to satisfy even nostalgiafags for the old pokemons and the mechanics are unrivaled
>>
>>29019069
Permahacked 3DS
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>29019078
>Ebin contrians
>everyone else
>nostolgia fags for old Pokemon
>mechanics are unrivaled
>>
>>29018962
Yes! It basically fixes everything people bitch about ORAS which is the difficulty, highly recommended
>>
File: 1470433670718.jpg (99KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470433670718.jpg
99KB, 960x720px
>>29018962
>Giving Maxie a Victini
>Zinnia gets an entire team made of uber legendaries making everything far more Mary Sue than it actually is
I essentially oneshotted everything in the hack but sometimes I wonder if the people who create these hacks are genuinely retarded.

The magma quintuplet horde battle with three pranksters, a serene grace Togekiss and Skill link Cinccino and the baton pass spamming ace trainer were interesting though.
>>
>>29019079
How do?
>>
>>29019134
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Hope you haven't updated your 3DS
>>
>>29018962
It's just a generic 720 hard mode hack with every gym leader having full teams of OU mons with generic smogon movesets
nothing original or interesting
>>
>>29019143
>Hope you haven't updated your 3DS
Um...
>>
>>29019156
You're fucked then, sorry.
>>
>>29019149
yeah, play the vastly superior limited vanilla version with the bottom tier mons, two mon gym leaders and retarded movesets like only Petal Dance instead
>>
File: 1459782786842.png (61KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1459782786842.png
61KB, 536x536px
>>29019156
You can play it on Citra if you really want to. 3DS experience is probably slightly better though.
>>
>>29019120
>>29019149
This. I don't like Romhacks that just have a high level curve and full dex shit

When there's a ten level jump between Flannery and Norman, what the fuck are you supposed to do besides grind?

>cuckold Emerald
Or when the first gym leader is 4 levels higher than everyone else around them with 6 Pokemon when everyone else had 1-2

Then Brawly ups it by almost 5-10 levels with like nothing to fight inbetween
>>
>>29019149
Good because ORAS was only shit because it was too easy. It needed a simple difficulty increase, no added stupid stuff.
>>
>>29019189
Playing it on Citra also requires a few workarounds, and is impossible to play as a female, iirc.
>>
>>29019189
Doesn't Citra run at 5 fps or something right now though?
>>
>>29019194
>what the fuck are you supposed to do besides grind?

Git gud. And come up with a strategy to win instead of grinding.
>>
>>29019178
>>29019196
Vanilla is garbage too, that doesn't make the hack good tho
overleveled gym leaders with pokemon having egg / tm moves early is just artificial difficulty
there is a middle ground between overleveling everything by 10 levels and being behind by 10 levels and being forced to grind between every gym
>>
>>29019216
If you use a potato, maybe.
>>
>>29019174
>>29019189
I dont even have a computer lol so i wouldnt be able to do it
>>
File: 1471642948931.jpg (90KB, 392x365px) Image search: [Google]
1471642948931.jpg
90KB, 392x365px
touhoumon is the greatest hack
>>
>>29019217
ANd 99% of the time is sending a bulky mon ahead and spam x attacks + x speeds until you're at +6 +6
>>
>>29019217
But you don't have anything to fight or much options in early game.

Execpt sweep with your starter. The most efficient strategies in these games are still overpower one pokemon

How am I supposed to appreciate all these Pokemon I can find, when almost all of them are going to be completely outclassed in game
>>
>>29019228
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>29019228
that's true, but no 3DS touhoumon sadly
>>
>>29019218
You don't need to grind. I never grinded when I played it. You just need to get good and stop thinking you need to grind just because you lose multiple times. Start using status moves and power up moves or whatever if you need to win.
>>
File: question mark emoji test.png (173KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
question mark emoji test.png
173KB, 348x342px
>>29019241
>/mlp/
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1472602837289.jpg (76KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
1472602837289.jpg
76KB, 600x923px
>>29019194
>This. I don't like Romhacks that just have a high level curve and full dex shit
It's because it's baby's first romhack. Adding new puzzles, pokemon, scenes, gameplay or any new features are way to challenging.

>>29019216
No I get like 60-80 FPS or at the lowest 40 FPS on OW from the 24th of September gdmk build on a good processor. The problem is the crashes and also the female problem which is tied into the crashes.
pan.baidu.com/s/1dE4M0MH

Apparently wwylele pushed a new patch to prevent some more crashes but I think gdmk might not have that in his 24th.

>>29019235
In RR and SS the ramped up AI trainers will switch out Pokemon if you can kill theirs and whatever pokemon they switch in will have a move that can hit you and if they can hit SE. Unlike Pokemon actual humans you can predict the switch perfectly (because it's so formulaic) and nuke them all. The level curve on SS/RR is such that everything is level 100 though.
>>
>>29019209
>>29019261
>female crashes the game
Why do women mess LITERALLY everything up?
>>
>>29019235
Thats not the case in Star Sapphire. Playing as one Pokemon would definitely not have you win. Firstly, eventually, everyone's Pokemon get on level 100, so if you're at the Elite Four with one level 100 Pokemon, instead of 6 level 100 pokemon, you're at a disadvantage than what you could have had. Also, the EXP Share gives you 3.5 times the amount of EXP you should be gaining, by only training one pokemon, you're losing out on a ton EXP. It's much better to have a team of Pokemon.
>>
>>29019261
I'm fine if things ever got to level 100, but aren't Pokemon going to get completely outclassed at that point? Unless I EV train, then at that point why am I not just going to play against humans?
>>
>>29019277
No they didn't. It's your problem if you elect to play as a girl. Male werks just fine.
>>
File: Pu3Xkpu.png (226KB, 699x488px) Image search: [Google]
Pu3Xkpu.png
226KB, 699x488px
How do I play this on my 3DS?
>>
>>29019288
>why am I not just going to play against humans

This is alot easier than humans because none of your opponent's pokemon are EV trained. Plus you get to use items.
>>
>>29019281
To be fair, I haven't actually played that one, but I've played a few others (cuckold Emerald) and that seems pretty cool

Maybe I'll try it out someday
>>
>>29019078
>talks about perfect mechanics
>about the game that introduced the fucking disgrace that megaevolution was
>>
>>29018962
Neo XY is shit, go for Eternal X/Wilting Y.

>>29019038
Star Sapphire is more challenging, Alpha Sapphire is okay for nuzlocking but beware the fact that every gym leader is designed specifically to put up a fight against anything you can catch on the routes towards their gyms.
>>
>>29019291
Plailect guide in github
>>
>>29019288
It's 'easy' because none of the opponents are human.You can predict the switch and kill whatever they're switching in because AI follows a very specific formula.

I also killed a whole bunch of legendaries with a sashed Masquerain by getting a few quiver dances off so as long as you boost on a Pokemon that can't hit hard you can obliterate teams because the AI isn't bright.
>>
>>29019338
>2016
>being an antimegafag

Mega evolutions saved the stale shit that pokemon ended up being after gen V

I can't bring myself to play any of the kusoges without it now. Pokemon games are literally useless without it and the breath of fresh air it brings to meta
>>
>29019405
You don't deserve it. It's a shitty marketing device that's there only to generate hype and attract people who left the games for their old Pokemon getting even stronger. Why the fuck does Charizard get more megas than all of Kalos or Unova?
>>
>>29019467
>waah a game/toy company did something to sell more games/toys how unacceptable
And guess what Megas are never, EVER going away you faggot

So drop the series already and stop bothering everyone else who isn't retarded enough like you to actually appreciate the best feature in pokemon games since phys/special split
>>
>>29019534
>a feature that's limited to only a few select favorites should be universally loved
>>
>>29019534
>everybody who disagrees with me is retarded and my opinion is a fact
wew lad
>>
>>29019558
>megas are crap because my favourite mon didnt had one
>instead of keeping and expanding megas so it can get one too, drop it completely so its granted it will never get one

Genius
>>
>>29019588
Kinda, but I know a shit meta game when I see one

Megas are so shitty, you don't get to use them in VGC this year
>>
File: b^u.png (433KB, 710x787px) Image search: [Google]
b^u.png
433KB, 710x787px
I really dislike all these "hurr durr let's make every single trainer op" because then you have to rely on stupid strategies to win against stupid hax, or grind until you simply overpower them, both of these being extremely boring. I wish there were just simple full Pokédex hacks for gen 6, that's literally all I want.
>>
>>29019881
Eternal X/Wilting Y and Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire arent OP.
>>
>>29019588
He's a dumb flygonfag forget about his shit opinions and his immature "IF I CAN'T HAVE ANY NO ONE CAN!" mentality.
>>
>>29020522
Except Viola. The creator even had to release a specific version where the only change is that Viola is nerfed.
>>
The problem with good hacks, especially ones like SacredGold and the BlazeBlack ones is that you can never go back to the originals without being bored to death.

They're hard as balls to Nuzlocke usually too which is fun.
>>
>>29020661
That's why I only play them after I'm done and through with the originals.
>>
>>29019038

Very difficult. For example, the E4 has level 100 EV trained teams with competitive movesets.
>>
>>29020522
Speaking of Drayano, what future plans does he have ?
>>
>>29020661
I made this mistake with HGSS. Never going to skip vanilla games again before playing romhacks.

Polished Crystal is good for nuzlocking too though, being Johto it's a bit easy aside from the fact that anytime someone sends out a Voltorb I'm immediately on edge.
>>
>>29020813
It's Graveller you need to be afraid of mate. It gets me every time.
>>
>>29018962
Star saphire is the best for ORAS.
I only played Witling Y so i don't know about neo, i just hope i took the hardest.
>>
>>29019038
Incredibly hard
>>
>>29020522
I get that, but it's just not fun to me. If I wanted to fight competitive teams, I'd go on Showdown or something. The appeal of rom-hacks to me is either making all Pokémon available, or building a whole new game from the grounds up, like Flora Sky.
>>
>>29020872
I'm only at the 3rd gym but thanks for the warning.

I feel keeping Togetic alive is going to be a nightmare. Also keep getting water types. I can make a mono water team atm.
>>
>>29021022
>The appeal of rom-hacks to me is either making all Pokémon available, or building a whole new game from the grounds up, like Flora Sky.

Your loss then
I stay the fuck away of every "new story new pokemon!" hack out there because all of them no exceptions are 12yo fanfic tier retarded
>>
File: shrug.png (2KB, 139x138px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
2KB, 139x138px
>>29021067
Different strokes I guess. Not like good tools have been developed for anything past the GBA anyway...

Is there at least a good randomizer for gen 6? That'd be the closest I could get to a full Pokédex experience.
>>
Playing Pokemon Metal. It's awful, love taking the piss of all the awful design decisions.

I've never seen a fangame/hack that fucking understands pacing like a normal Pokemon game.
>>
>>29019350
>"WAH, GAMES SHOULD BE CHALLENGING LIKE MY ROMHACKS"
>"I STILL CHEESE THE BATTLES THOUGH"
This is why the games are fine with the difficulty they have. Artificial difficulty forcing you to cheese your way through the game is not fun.
>>
>>29018962
>What's the best hackrom for every game?

Assuming you're looking for games that just improve upon the originals, as opposed to hacks that create their own regions and stories,

>Red++ for RBY
>Either TPP: Anniversary Crystal or Polished Crystal for GSC
>Fire Red Omega for FRLG
>Not sure about the best Emerald hack but Theta Emerald, Sigma Emerald, and Emerald Omega all seem competent
>never played a Platinum hack, Origin Platinum and Flawless Platinum seem like your only options
>Sacred Gold and Storm Silver
>Blaze Black and Volt White
>Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2
>Eternal X and Wilting Y
>either Star Sapphire or Sinking Sapphire, they're both good, the main different is the difficulty and the former is a lot harder than the latter
>>
>>29020741
He said he wants to do a hack for Sun and Moon, but then said he wasn't sure after they revealed no Gyms, since he's not sure what that'll do to the level curve. I imagine he'll do it though.
>>
>>29022388
I hope he does it, I usually like his hacks for his Masquerain changes.
>>
I just finished the main story of Star Sapphire and it was pretty challenging, I can't imagine Nuzlocking it. My team was wiped multiple times, though I ended up sweeping Steven with a Jolly Flygon with Earthquake. One thing is it really makes it apparent how stupid HMs are, cause you actually need all your team slows, I literally had to HM Slave a Sharpedo from the 7th gym up until I got out of Victory Road.
>>
>>29018962
Prism if it ever comes out.
>>
>>29020522
>Eternal X/Wilting Y and Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire arent OP.
Diantha has a Mega Mewtwo, Genesect, Lugia, and Arceus
>>
I don't get Drayno's hate for exp share, could just curve the game higher instead of in game propaganda.
>>
>>29022388
I really hope he does, all his hack are just enjoyable to play through. And not retarded level of ridiculous like Sun Gold/Moon Sylver or Neo X/Y (still nice to play, but God forbid to play them as Nuzlocks)
>>
>>29022751
That's only on Insanity Mode which is stated beforehand to include legendaries in teams.
>>
>>29021099
what is pk3DS
>>
>>29022783
Uh anon, you're confusing the games. Sinking Saphire/Rising Ruby is made by Drayano. Star Sapphire and Rutile Ruby are made by some other guy.

Unless you were redering to those games in which case how bad is it ?
>>
>>29022783
I just turn it on and off as I feel. I tried Star Sapphire but I didn't like the idea of having to face level 100 mons at the E4, especially since I like to change my team up all the way up til then.

Flannery's sun team in Sinking Sapphire felt kinda bullshit at first though.
>>
>>29022783
>in game propaganda

?

Does he have an NPC call the Exp. Share a baby tool or something? Because in Gen VI it's completely correct, the Exp. Share is broken as hell.
>>
>>29019149
>>29019194

It's not a 720, there are 3 builds and none of them go beyond 649.

I really don't know what you guys expect from an ORAS hack when there aren't enough tools to actually change the plot/maps/cutscenes. You technically could change the plot via changing dialogues, but you'd be pretty restricted when you can't actually change where and what happens.

A lot of the teams are well thought out and I never had to grind so you probably just aren't very good.
>>
>>29019218
You don't need to grind at all, the curve is specifically made so that you don't have to, unless you catch/hatch pokemon way late in the game and want to use them. You just have to start playing strategically, if you can't beat them the first time, try catching another pokemon or even switching who you send out first, it makes a big difference.
>>
>>29019218
There is no grinding involved, it's balanced around battling trainer you see and making sure you team don't sucks.
Stop using the word artificial difficulty when you don't understand something.
>>
>>29022864
No I'm not
>>29022942
Basically yeah
>>29022874
Yeah I mean no pokemon games are very friendly to team rotation.
>>
>>29019235
>But you don't have anything to fight or much options in early game.
You have more options than normal since the "Foreign" pokemon in a route are available from the start rather than after defeating Kyogre/Groudon

>Execpt sweep with your starter. The most efficient strategies in these games are still overpower one pokemon
>keeping your starter
have some fun mate, also if you overpower one pokemon you're still gonna have a bad time, the teams are meant to fuck you over if you try that shit.

You can also rematch people pretty often and they get better teams, so I don't know what you're complaining about
>>
>>29019078
Stop pretending you can speak for everyone else.
>>
>>29020661
>They're hard as balls to Nuzlocke

This is why I have no interest in playing these games. Star Sapphire is basically completely impossible to Nuzlocke because it's so hard. The creator says not to try Nuzlocking it (and he's right) and built the game around you using everything at your disposal (except O-Powers) and for the game to still be challenging. If these other games are so easy I can Nuzlocke them. Then I don't want to play them.
>>
>>29019338
Goddamn anti-megafag tears are delicious, and to think you are such a tiny minority of the fanbase :^)
>>
>>29023033
>Basically yeah
Elaborate
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.