[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Someone drew this and thought "job well done"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: 101Electrode.png (272KB, 769x769px) Image search: [Google]
101Electrode.png
272KB, 769x769px
>>
I can't even draw that if I tried honestly.
>>
I don't think it's a particularly spectacular design, but you clearly don't know what its concept is.
>>
>>29016887
I like it. Plus the trolling those things did in gen 1 was great. They are like the mimic chest of pokemon
>>
>>29016898
>le mimic meme
>>
>genwunners will defend this shitty design
>>
I like Voltorb better than Electrode.
>>
I think it's pretty nice t b h, it's very expressive even while being extremely simple.
>>
>>29016911
Name one RPG that has a mimic monster that is just and item container with a face.
Mimics at the very least have a monstrous maw and/or limbs to attack with.
Foongus/Amoongus were a much better execution of the concept.
>>
>>29016887
same thing with that Keychain pokemon and that retarded ass trashbag mon.

I want cool poison mons and not the most deplorable scratched SMT designs.
>>
>>29016972
at least we have based Koffing and Weezing which look like mines or one giant bomb.

that Weezing I'm using now in Black 2 seemd to actually have more defense than the Magmar I have. I don't know why but it saved the day several times while Magmar fainted like a bitch.
>>
File: latest.png (43KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
43KB, 260x240px
>>29016919
>kalosperms will defend this
>>
>>29016983
>Deplorable SMT
I wish we still had Kazuma Kaneko designing stuff.
>>
File: 250px-124Jynx.png (60KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-124Jynx.png
60KB, 250x250px
I don't have a problem with Electrode.

If we're gonna shit on gen 1 designs, can we do it right?
>>
>>29016972
Electrode doesn't need limbs or a maw to atttack because unlike most mimics it attacks with energy based attacks. Instead of devouring you, it either shocks you or explodes in your face
>>
Simple designs are the best.
>>
File: 1465347180898.gif (318KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465347180898.gif
318KB, 540x360px
>>29016887
If every pokemon had limbs and body sections that would be boring. I like pokemon like Electrode, Trubish, and Chandelure because I like the idea that literally anything can be a pokemon. Thinking of pokemon as animal-like creatures that are either cute or cool is very limiting and stale.
>>
>>29017037
This.
>>
File: jest.jpg (61KB, 798x457px) Image search: [Google]
jest.jpg
61KB, 798x457px
>>29016887
>tfw you hated it as a kid but fucking love it now
>>
>>29016898
No. Just no. Voltorb is a great idea. Electrode is shit.
>>
>>29016972
>Mimics at the very least have a monstrous maw and/or limbs to attack with.

why the fuck would it need limbs when its attacking method is exploding?

the whole point is to fuck you over by putting you in a battle with it and then doing a fuckton of damage with explosion or selfdestruct. It's also like accidentally stepping on a mine. Making it into a generic rpg monster with claws would ruin it.
>>
File: 137.gif (13KB, 455x412px) Image search: [Google]
137.gif
13KB, 455x412px
>>
>>29016887
>someone shat you out of their womb and thought "job well done"
>>
>>29017041
>>29017109
Does it matter? Plenty of objectmons don't use physical attacks and yet they're more than just an item with a face. Amoongus attacks with powders and yet it's not just a ball with spore holes!
Either way your post still doesn't give me an example of any other game with such a lazy mimic.
>>
File: 222-Corsola.png (51KB, 253x300px) Image search: [Google]
222-Corsola.png
51KB, 253x300px
I used to draw my sister naked and in compromising positions before... She found them one day and she thought it was a job well done... We fuggd
>>
>>29016887
It's fucking fine you autist. Every day. Every fucking day with this meme.
>>
>>29017127
>and yet they're more than just an item with a face.

because they're not meant to trick the player into think it's something else you idiot.

If they gave it arms and legs or whatever other extraneous shit it would be immediately obvious that it's not a pokeball. The pokedex even says Amoonguss has a shitty disguise.
>>
>>29017152
It works for Geodude. He has arms and yet he's still mistaken for a rock all the time.
The point of the mimic is that it hides its true form until it is disturbed.
The only reasons Electrode didn't open up to reveal an actual monster are laziness and tech limitations, and the latter didn't stop 75% of Gen I from looking good.
>>
>>29016887
It was the FIRST FUCKING GENERATION YOU ASSHAT. STOP THIS MEME.
>>
>>29017194
>The point of the mimic is that it hides it's true form until it is disturbed.

It's like you didn't play Red, Blue or Yellow at all
>>
File: 1474393687658.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1474393687658.png
532KB, 800x584px
>>29017147
Is it you... is it really you? My guiding moonlight... it's been so long...
>>
>>29016972
Said nobody ever
>>
>>29017194
>He has arms and yet he's still mistaken for a rock all the time.

because he camoflauges with the rest of the rocks around him. A pokeball with arms in the middle of a building isn't exactly subtle.

>The only reasons Electrode didn't open up to reveal an actual monster are laziness and tech limitations,
no it's because it goes against the concept of what the pokemon is. It's an electric mine, not a generic creature hiding in a ball.
>>
>>29017264
This.
>>
>>29016898
We clearly know what the concept is. But Voltorb did that already and did it better too.

There was no need to have the same thing again only flipped on its head. also, reversing the Colours goes against the concept you are using to defend this.
>>
>>29017228
I've played Gen I. I've also played other RPGs from the same era. None of which had enemies that were just an overworld object with eyes.
Give me one good reason why it HAD to stay looking like an item ball and not reveal to be something else.

>>29017264
And here's the crux of this conundrum. Is it an electric trap or a mimic? And in either case WHY DOES IT STAY JUST A BALL?
>>
>>29016887
Hey, a man's gotta feed his family
>>
>>29017363
>not understanding that Voltorb and Electrode existed before the invention of the pokeball in the game's lore and served as the inspiration for its design, not the other way around
>>
>>29017550
I hope you are also one of the people defending Vanilluxe, because that's exactly how the Game lore works for it too
>>
File: cfgg.png (119KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
cfgg.png
119KB, 500x417px
>shitting on objectmons

Fuck you, fuck you all of you giant faggots.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.