[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creating a hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon Dark Rising (beta 2)-1.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Dark Rising (beta 2)-1.png
6KB, 240x160px
I have a good idea for a Pokémon hack. I'd like to make an open world Pokémon game, where there's a loose main storyline and tons of side quests. I'd also like to add a complete eeveelution list, adding in the missing types. However, I have multiple problems: I don't know how to rom hack, don't have the necessary tools, and I'm horrible at art so I can't design new eeveelutions. If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. My kik is slimshady_243
>>
>>29016253
please do more research before making such embarassing posts
>>
>>29016276
Meaning?
>>
>>29016276
I honestly fail to see how asking for help with something that I don't know how to do is embarrassing. So there's no reason to be a dick
>>
>>28980304
Try checking the /heg/ threads,should be a new one sooner or later
>>
Anyone can make up a concept like that for a Pokemon game, if you don't have any skills to contribute yourself then why would anyone bother to help?
>>
>>29016253
>I'd like to make an open world Pokémon game
>I don't know how to rom hack

A recipe for disaster. You gotta learn the rules before you break them.
>>
>>29016352
If someone can explain the basics of hacking and what tools to use, then I can do it myself. However I would need help with the new eeveelutions, as I'm not a good artist or anything. Credit would be given to those who helped. It's just like anything else, if you can't teach yourself but someone who knows the skills can, it's easier to learn that way. So criticize me all you'd like, but my request still stands
>>
>>29016375
>no concept of what rom hacking is or how to do it
>hasnt bothered to try to learn on his own

why would somebody with these skills waste their time on you, when all you've contributed is literally two unoriginal ideas
>>
>>29016375
Well if you eventually learn to hack and start a project, then finding an artist shouldn't be too hard. The hard part is before that
>>
I'm gonna hijack this thread and ask
Are there any hacks that aren't about Pokemon at all, and are more standard RPGs but in a pokemon game engine? I like the combat UI mostly
>>
>>29016592
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance
>>
>kik
>slimshady_243

christ you guys are WAY too easy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.