[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no option to avoid any battles with May/Brendan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-10-04-03-02-58.png (190KB, 540x465px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-04-03-02-58.png
190KB, 540x465px
Why is there no option to avoid any battles with May/Brendan?

I hate having to crush their confidence as a trainer.
>>
Your rival wants to prove themselves, and they rush. When they fight you, they're at a disadvantage BECAUSE they rush. Since you take your time and have stronger pokemon, your victory only annoys them without them realizing their faults.

You're not crushing their confidence, you're hammering in the truth.
>>
>>29015501
That was rectonned in ORAS where the battle was just an excuse to flirt/get close to you.
>>
>>29015501
i dont remember him saying this

oras ruined my old memories of 3rd gen as they made the npc rivals more robotic
>>
>>29015542
Yeah, Scott was the asshole we needed to motivate us. Seriously first words to PC were you "weren't much to look at".
>>
>>29015542
>More robotic
>Add romance
>More Robotic

Brendan/May didn't have a personality in the original.
>>
File: B2jPEBjCMAABq1O.jpg large.jpg (254KB, 642x1769px) Image search: [Google]
B2jPEBjCMAABq1O.jpg large.jpg
254KB, 642x1769px
>>29015593
But they did.
Granted some of their traits were lost in translation, but they had personality.
>>
>>29015536
This shit pisses me OFF.
Fucking Gamefreak.
Why could they not just make ORAS with Emerald elements?
>>
>>29015593
Agreed, though adding a romance between the characters didn't really change that. Wally you kind of at least cared about, but the random battle with the rival doesn't make any sense at the end.
>>
>>29015605
Translate please
>>
>>29015501
I wish I could avoid battles to crush their confidence
>Sorry, you're just not worth my time. The outcome is assured and I feel bad for your pokemon.
>>
>>29015636
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1848581

Brendan's line in the picture was toned down in the localization.
Emerald
>Oh, hey, its <player>. I'm running an errand for my dad. No, I'm not buying any Dolls.
they fixed it in ORAS
>My dad asked me to pick him up a few things here. It's not like I'm here to buy Dolls or something, r-right!
>>
>>29015605
Alright, English Translation RSE Brendan and May didn't have a personality. Keep on forgetting we play the bootleg version of pokemon.
>>
>>29015501
I only feel that way about Wally
>>
>>29018119
He actually got better though, and in fact the best rival which puts Blue, Silver and Barry to shame.

That being said, I don't feel a shred of beating him up for the sake of rivalry, I just feel spite and rage for some reason
>>
>>29015612
I hate emerald May
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.