[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gumshoos discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 1200px-Gumshoos.png (507KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Gumshoos.png
507KB, 1200x1200px
There has never been a normal type pokemon that I've truly wanted to be apart of my team. He looks like a promising mon and looks great! Are any of you guys having this guy on your team? What kind of moves do you think he'll have? What moves would you run on him?

Gumshoos' abilities are Stakeout/Strong Jaw with no known HA yet. Judging by those two abilities, Gumshoos would learn any or all the type fang moves with super fang if I'm correct. The bulbapedia page for the ability stakeout says that it doubles the damage against a pokemon who switches in mid fight, making him have a built in pursuit without having to waste a slot to have that shitty move. Would a stakeout gumshoos be a check against teams with u-turn/volt switch (besides entry hazards of course)?
>>
>>29009322
>SE pursuit.
yes.
>>
>>29009363
SE?
>>
I think gumshoos looks really cool, but won't be using him until my second or third playthough of gen 7
>>
File: HNI_0088.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0088.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>29009322
I love this little detective fucker.

One of my favorites this gen.
>>
>>29009322
stakeout =/= pursuit

if they switch in a ghost pokemon you can't hit it with normal stab moves. if they switch in a rock/steel pokemon the 2x damage won't really matter.

the diference is important. they choose what switches in.
>>
>>29010445
Super Effective.
If the first attack against a pokémon that just switched in is doubled, then a correct prediction can net you a double damage super effective elemental fang.
>>
Best regional vermin, definitely putting him on my team. also glad that that ridiculous Trump meme is gone
>>
You could run an interesting gimmick of after a mon on your team dies, you have Gumshoos use Retaliate.

Either they stay in and take 210 damage, or they switch and take 420.
>>
I'm gonna name him "Gummy"!
>>
It's supposedly an invasive species pokemon, so what I want to know is: what is its home region like?

What gen do you think will feature its home region?
>>
>>29010558
Honey Region
>>
>>29010558
irl mongoose were brought to hawaii from india
>>
>>29010588
Gen VIII: Mumbai confirmed
>>
>>29009322
I knew I'd have a Yungoos as soon as he was announced. His evolution only further solidified my choice. I love him.
>>
File: 2_1_by_kurogod-dacisy7.png (212KB, 810x610px) Image search: [Google]
2_1_by_kurogod-dacisy7.png
212KB, 810x610px
>>29010524
>>29010676
All of these. Gumshoos looks like a total bro.

I'm also happy the retarded meme is gone

Can someone recommend me more detective-esque names for my Gumshoos? I've been thinking of Sherlock or Layton so far.
>>
>>29010495
stakeout would still be better than having a mon know pursuit though. kinda like what >>29010496
this guy said.
>>29010524
I originally liked him because of the trump meme, but then I started liking him on his own without the meme.
>>29010650
Will there be garbodores and trubbishes lining the designated streets?
>>
>>29009322
I will. I love its design.
>>
>>29010737
Wayne, Grayson, Rorschach. those are three I would go with
>>
>>29010737
Dick
oh wait, banned name. Thanks Nintendo
>>
>>29010814
d1ck
>>
You have an interesting gimmick in doubles, get a pokemon that is fast and can force the enemy to switch with roar or something similar. Gumshoos then uses a 200 damage EQ.

Also, 306 damage Return. Nice.
>>
>>29010737
ProblmSleuth
>>
File: 1470184481735.png (107KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470184481735.png
107KB, 750x750px
So cute
>>
>Gumshoe is back
loving this
>>
Does Stakeout activate on the turn they switch in and take hazards damage, or does it work on ANY pokemon that switched in on ANY turn?
>>
>>29010737
>>29010524
>getting memed on this hard
If it was the tickling or "master" shit like meinfoo years back I'd be with you, but you're just being whiny bitches.
>>
>>29011368
I'm just tired of /pol/'s boner for Trump getting posted on every board

Thankfully it all seems to die down, but I dread the day the final result of the election is published
>>
>>29011301
"Stakeout doubles the amount of damage inflicted on any Pokémon that switch in or enter the field mid-battle."
straight from bulbapedia
>>
File: .png (522KB, 1000x1014px) Image search: [Google]
.png
522KB, 1000x1014px
>>
>>29011478
I feel like it'll be mitigated some by the fact that T doesn't really have much of a legitimate shot any more.
But then you factor in that he's a god damn living, breathing meme machine...
This IS troubling.
>>
File: raining.jpg (169KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
raining.jpg
169KB, 600x800px
>tfw gonna name mine Donald even though I know he's based on a detective
>>
>>29010542
or they switch into a steel poke
>>
>>29011868
>Fire Fang
>>
>>29011622
I can't believe it took me until this pic to finally make sense of the front spikes
>>
>>29011579
>he has no chance

Nice try.
>>
>>29012239
If it makes you feel any better. I didn't know he was based off of a detective at all until this picture. I thought people were just relating him to Dick Gumshooe from that one game because of the name.
>>
>>29012258
Whoops. Meant for >>29012178
>>
>>29010737
Donnie Trump
>>
>>29009322
Stakeout is the opposite of pursuit. Pursuit does double damage to Pokemon trying to switch out, while a move with Stakeout will do double damage to Pokemon who switch in. Wether or not this includes Pokemon that switched in after a Pokemon fainting or on the very first turn is unknown, but isn't likely. They do however do a good job at trapping Pokemon and preventing switches. If a move normally does 33.3% damage to a Pokemon, if that same Pokemon switches into a that move when boosted by Stakeout, it would have to be faster to not die. Pursuit will also scare switches for the current Pokemon out.
>>
>>29012629
>>29012794
A double damage pursuit only has a base power of 80. You would also have to predict when an open would want to switch, and I can also say that no one uses pursuit because anyone who plays the game uses up their move pool with stat boosters, entry hazards, baton pass, one or two actual attacks, or rest/sleep talk. Not to mention that everyone and their mother runs choice specs/scarf on any and everything, so when would anyone be able to use pursuit? Whereas stakeout let's you have a full move pool, and double the strength of a possible se attack. You could even do a double damage giga impact if you really want to.
>>
say... what if gumshoes can learn dragon tail? could he keep juggling pokes and getting double damage against them?
>>
>>29013276
No, it's damage on the switch in

The pokemon coming in takes more damage, on the turn it enters the field
>>
File: Rat boss.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Rat boss.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Since gumshoos looks like one of the starting area rodents, how about we rate the best from every region
Gumshoos>linoone>bibarrel>>>ratata>furret>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>watchog>>>>digersby
>>
>>29013313
ah right, got the order of events mixed up.
>>
File: 1454730525790.jpg (52KB, 711x619px) Image search: [Google]
1454730525790.jpg
52KB, 711x619px
>>29009322

The second i saw Gumshoo, i knew he would have a spot in my team.

In fact, this is the first time i feel like making a team out of the pokemons they've shown so far.
>>
>>29013405
Me too man,this will be one of the first regions where I don't replace my entire team with my favorite dragons. So far my team will be rowlet, gumshoos, lycanrock, ocorio, jangmo-o, and alolan marowak
>>
>>29013342
In my opinion:
Gumshoos > Furret > Diggersby > Linoone > Raticate > Bibarel > Watchog

But keep in mind I don't hate the lowest ones on my list, they're just my least favorite.
>>
More gumshoos art pls
>>
>>29009322
I definitevely appreciate how Gumshoos has a secondary theme and incorporates it well eithout becoming an anthro furfag mess like LuchaLitten without also being absolutely disgusting like Diggersby

I don't really find it remarkable, so I guess I'll pass on it
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.