[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1432556063426.png (606KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1432556063426.png
606KB, 600x535px
What went wrong
>>
Limited amount of missions
Non-Pokemon final boss, again

pretty good otherwise
>>
you lose the scarves
>>
>>29004284
I literally cannot name anything about this game that made me unhappy.
>>
>>29004956
see >>29004936
>>
>>29004936
>>29004284
you had to wear scarves
first half too slow, second half way too fast
over reliance on items
final boss is another random abomination
limited, preset missions
>>
>>29004983
>he didn't like the friendship scarves
>>
>>29004983
>Reliance on items
Wow, it's like you've never played roguelikes before.
>>
- The beginning was way too slow and when it got good, the game was nearing the end.
- Weird-ass final boss (again)
- Missions weren't all that varied

still pretty good though
>>
>>29005009
The only other ones I've played were the previous entries in the series, so It's a fair argument to make when they changed it up for this one.
>>
>>29005076
I'd prefer players learning they have to go in prepared for dungeons rather than just packing an escape orb and a couple apples and calling it a day
>>
>>29004284
The first half of the game was really comfy and spent a lot of time developing the characters. The second half felt rushed and dropped all the interesting characters for new ones that didn't get enough time to become memorable. Otherwise its GOAT.
>>
>>29004284
Removing friend areas, showering the player with items and giving out team members for finishing any mission removes any sense of progression the main campaign used to have.

When i played Red rescue team I remember doing dungeon runs just to stockpile items for the next big story mission, or choosing specific dungeons to get more money for the next friend area. Hunting for friends was also fun. Also I miss long dungeon during the main campaign because they rewarded your decision making and item management ability, they felt like endurance tests.

Super removed all of that and now it feels like I'm completing missions just to progress with the main story. Also the beginning is slow as fuck and it takes way too much to get into the main gameplay loop.

I don't hate Super but I feel like it isn't the game for me.
>>
>>29005210
Have you played Explorers or Gates, anon? Rescue Team was the only game to have friend areas. I wish they stayed as well but we've been without them for a while, their absence isn't surprising.
>>
>>29004284
no nicknames or recruiting more than 1 of a pokemon in most cases, anyway
>>
>tfw can recruit two floatzels for some reason
>and two buizel
>>
>>29005279
Never played gates and I don't know anything about it. Before Super I had played one game with friend areas and another one without them so I didn't take their removal for granted.
>>
>first half with the school was too long, second half was rushed and didn't give enough time to develop the society
>IQ skills replaced by emeras
>final boss is the same as the final boss from Gates, except this time the game's story didn't build up to it, felt like it just came out of left field
>can only recruit one of each species, bar different forms like Unown
>>
>>29004936
this and breaks
>>
>>29004284
Story was shit, even if it had some of the best moments in the series.

Everything else was a big improvement over the other games in the series.
>>
>>29004284
Not one of the core series.
I guess that's not fair to say, since the only non-core Pokemon game I have played is Pokemon Snap, but it doesn't really appeal to me. Playing as a Pokemon never really appealed to me, so I guess it's cool if that's the sort of thing you are into.
>>
File: 1475725806167.jpg (85KB, 483x479px) Image search: [Google]
1475725806167.jpg
85KB, 483x479px
>>29006466
>what went wrong
>lol I haven't played it
>>
>>29006556
That's kind of why I admitted that my criticism was not a fair one. Next time I'll just be a faggot and lie about having played the game.
>>
File: IMG_8934.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8934.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>29004284
The ONLY good thing was the final boss music>>29004284
>>
It wasn't Explorers so people don't like it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.