[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lcg/ - Little Cup General!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: lc.png (160KB, 512x268px) Image search: [Google]
lc.png
160KB, 512x268px
This thread is for the discussion of the Little Cup Smogon format!

>What is Little Cup?
First introduced in Pokemon Stadium 2, Little Cup (LC) is a format in which players may only use Pokemon that have not yet evolved, but are capable of evolution. All Pokemon must be level 5.

Please post your LC team(s), talk strategy, and discuss ideas for bans and changes!

>Information and Helpful Links
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/lc/
>>
>ideas for changes
yeah I've got a few
>double battle instead of single
>ignore all babies since their stats are all genuine shit
>with babies ignored, remove any remaining pokemon that cannot evolve
>remove any pokemon that only have a crossgen evolution (Scyther, Sneasel, etc)
>increase the level to 15 or 20 to create a wider usable stat spread, while still maintaining the little/cute idea behind the format
>fucking ban eviolite
>>
>>29003405
This alone completely changes the entire format. The rest of your propositions are unnecessary (aside from the level increase, which I fully agree with) if LC goes from 1v1 to 2v2.
>>
>>29003405
That's already a variant of the format, though? People play and discuss LC Doubles pretty regularly. No real reason to make the entire format into doubles.

>ignore all babies since their stats are all genuine shit
I'm inclined to agree. Babies seem to range from meh to garbage with only a few minor exceptions like Riolu, Elekid, and Munchlax, so their removal wouldn't change much.
>with babies ignored, remove any remaining pokemon that cannot evolve
Now this is interesting. Are you saying if you remove a baby, then you remove its evolution as well if that Pokemon cannot evolve further? No Munchlax = no Snorlax, because Snorlax doesn't evolve? I mean I guess it makes sense, since those Pokemon wouldn't be able to battle normally..

>remove any pokemon that only have a crossgen evolution (Scyther, Sneasel, etc)
Or you can just do what we're already doing and leave all of the Pokemon that already applies to on the banlist.

>increase the level to 15 or 20 to create a wider usable stat spread, while still maintaining the little/cute idea behind the format
I think you're missing the point of the format.

>fucking ban eviolite
It was banned in the official ORAS Little Cup competition, but that was also a shitshow where the most-used Pokemon were literally the banlist. However, banning it means one less viable item for the tier.
>>
>>29004302
>official ORAS Little Cup competition

i liked their bring 6, pick 3 rule
but youre goddamn right it was a shitshow
sneasels and scythers and misdreavus everywhere
>>
>>29004677
>official game tournament teams are all of Smogon's banned mons
Surprise surprise.
>>
play a real tier
>>
>some loser cunt is trying to split the LC community with a UU tier

Kek, looks Ike somebody doesn't like losing to Pawniard.
>>
As someone who's tried LC a few times and just did NOT see the appeal, here's what I don't understand about it: Why only level 5? Most Pokemon have effectively the same stats at those levels. The ones that don't are either banned for being overpowered or ignored for being unviably worthless. I guess I'm just confused why the level isn't something higher like >>29003405 said.

Is it just because LC was level 5 in Stadium, so now they refuse to change it? It was only level 5 because that's the level Pokemon were when they hatched from eggs. If they really want to stay pure to the format's history, shouldn't they only allow level 1 Pokemon, since that's now the level at which Pokemon hatch?

Sell me on LC over another tier, because I just don't get it.
>>
I like how you are saying to combine Little Cup rules with the Stadium 1 rules in that one cup that allowed any Pokemon as long as you can legally acquire them between lv15-20
>>
>>29006461
it's not exactly a rule combination
just increasing little cup's level so that the format isn't so so stifled
I mean the pika cup's ONLY rule was "legally catchable at 15-20" so I guess yea if you want to call it a combination, be my guest

really the problem is that little cup was mostly fine back when we only had 251 pokemon and only so many that could battle in it
now there's so goddamn many babies and basic pokemon that the format is in major need of an in-depth rework
unfortunately the people who "run" it are a bunch of no-fun dickbags who look at the whole format through rosy glasses and refuse to accept that it has some real problems overall
>>
Dead format until S&M launches. Even the Smogon discussion boards for it are dead.
>>
>>29003405
>ignore all babies
Completely ignoring the existence of baby Pokemon would remove these Pokemon from LC:
>Pichu
>Cleffa
>Igglybuff
>Togepi
>Tyrogue
>Smoochum
>Elekid
>Magby
>Azurill
>Wynaut
>Chingling
>Bonsly
>Mime Jr.
>Happiny
>Munchlax
>Riolu
>Mantyke
This would definitely ruffle some feathers, especially for losing some B- and C-tier memeteam favorites like Munchlax, Elekid, and Riolu. However, this change would also put these Pokemon into LC:
>Pikachu
>Clefairy
>Jigglypuff
>Marill
I really like this idea, to be honest. The baby stages of these four in particular are complete trash in LC and are not even ranked in tier lists, but this would hopefully give these four evolutionary lines some much-needed representation. Seeing fan favorites like Pikachu and Jigglypuff in LC would also be cool.

>remove any pokemon that only have a crossgen evolution
This excludes these Pokemon from LC:
>Onix
>Lickitung
>Tangela
>Scyther
>Porygon
>Aipom
>Yanma
>Murkrow
>Misdreavus
>Gligar
>Sneasel
>Nosepass
If we treat Pokemon with baby evolution stages as basic stage Pokemon instead, this also excludes these Pokemon:
>Chansey
>Electabuzz
>Magmar
>Togetic
>Roselia
Many of these Pokemon are already banned in LC, but I think I understand your idea. Since these Pokemon typically have base stats higher than the rest of the Pokemon in the format, they end up getting banned anyway, so a rule to exclude them in the first place makes sense.

I actually kinda like it. Smogonfags would never go for it because muh nostalgia, though.
>"the format doesn't need rule changes, we just need to ban more effectively"
>"changing the rules just to replace shitty and unused pokemon with better ones is a bad idea"
>"I really like my C-tier meme mons tho, togepi was so good one time when my opponent was a complete retard"
>>
>>29008438
the idea was definitely to tear a bunch of the worthless and bloated shit out
almost every baby pokemon is total fucking garbage aside from the meme shit you mentioned
all but 3 of the banlisted pokemon in little cup are pokemon who got an evolution in a later gen
also wanted to make a prediction
porygon is s-tier and on tons of teams right now, but he'll get banned eventually since he's the same "got an evo later" type as most of the other banlisted pokemon
>>
I like to use onix because the idea of a big ass mon among those lil babies makes me laugh
>>
>>29009603
I too enjoy throwing rocks at babies.
>>
I can't wait for Abra to be banned
>>
>>29010632
Not before Porygon but yeah, Abra should be on the fucking chopping block.
>>
>>29010632
I want this. The fact that Focus sash activates in the same turn it should have been knocked off is bullshit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.