[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix the meta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1458625441952.jpg (26KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1458625441952.jpg
26KB, 250x211px
Knock off - Bonus damage removed, BP reduced to 60 to benefit technician users.

Thunder Wave - accuracy reduced to 80, Paralysis now ends after 2-5 turns

Spore/Dark Void - Sleep mechanics changed, when a pokemon is put to sleep a counter for the team is started at 6. This counter automatically falls by 1, 2 or 3 each turn (including the turn it is used). When a pokemon after the first is put to sleep, the counter falls by 1. If a third pokemon is put to sleep it falls by 2. When the counter hits 0, all pokemon on the team wake up automatically whether they are in the field or in the back.

Scald - BP reduced to 60

Baton Pass - Now passes status effects including toxic and its current turn counter. If the pass target is already statused, the passer will retain the status effect.

Parental Bond - Only the primary attack has secondary effects. Fixed damage moves are unaffected by parental bond.
>>
>>29002615

Stealth Rock - Now does fixed, normal damage. Up to 3 stacks allowed

>M-Muh Smogonbird threat

Protect - Recoil damage still applies on blocked moves, can only be used once before going on cooldown for a turn.
>>
>>29002615
>Knock off - Bonus damage removed, BP reduced to 60 to benefit technician users.
They were deliberately trying to avoid that by putting it to 65.

>Thunder Wave - accuracy reduced to 80, Paralysis now ends after 2-5 turns
100 accuracy, no ending, but the chance to be immobile for a turn is removed.

Current sleep mechanics are fine. Just have sleep clause in Singles. If you want to stop Dark Void in VGC, implement a rule where Mythical Pokemon-exclusive moves cannot be used.

I agree with your Scald nerf.

That Baton Pass nerf isn't going to solve the problem with Baton Pass.

That Parental Bond nerf sounds good.
>>
>>29002652
>turning SR into my mom's spikes that also hit flying types

for what fucking reason?
>>
>>29002615
>removing permanency of Thunder Wave paralysis
>reduces Scald BP instead of burn chance
Come on, man
>>
>>29002652
>wanting them to remove stealth rocks when several Pokémon are balanced around their existence
>>
>>29002707
If Scald had the same BP as water pulse there would be an appropriate opportunity cost for using it instead of Surf.
>>
>That Baton Pass nerf isn't going to solve the problem with Baton Pass.
It honestly would since it would turn perish song into a hard counter to it.
>>
Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Baton Pass all fail when trapped or partially trapped
>>
>>29002708

Okay, fucking why then? Spikes/Toxic Spikes still can't hit levitating pokemon, and the latter are absorbed by poison types and can't do shit to steel.

The move's just too fucking good for it's "purpose" (Break sashes/sturdy, punish constant switching), where just throwing in a type 4x weak to rock loses a huge chunk of it's HP for one move. That can be tossed out in one turn, that takes one of two niche, useless otherwise moves to get rid of?

>>29002708

>pokemon
>balanced

Please smash your modem with a hammer for everyone's sake
>>
>>29002789
Basically this.
>>
>>29002777
There are already counters to Baton Pass. Haze, Roar, Whirlwind, Psych Up. Perish Song being passed would just end the chain after it kills three of your mons.
>>
>>29002834
>>29002777

Way, way better fix

>Passing buffs takes away 1 from their counter, unless at 1 where it passes the 1.
>>
>>29002887
Do you regularly get shit on by BPers? Maybe you should have a move on one or more of your mons that can deal with it. If the opponent leads with a known BPer, Either lead with a counter and shut it down from the start, or switch to a counter when your opponent brings out a known BPer. BP takes time to set up. Even SubJask needs a turn or two. Know what's going on and how to end it.
>>
>>29002693
so i can use talonflame without getting btfo ;(((
>>
>>29002957

I run taunt on most teams for a reason. It's more when people chain BP after BP, it's so gimmicky but I feel like they deserve it for taking out any BP threats. I dunno, I don't think it's as much of a problem as other things in the game right now
>>
>>29002834
Soft counters. The negative priority of roar and whirlwind make them unreliable, they and haze only delay the chain but don't get you any closer to winning, and phsych up requires a safe switch in and for the opponent to already have a boost meaning you are already behind. Perish song with these changes would always either remove a link in the chain or give you a free turn to set up on their switch giving you offensive pressure meaning you'd actually get closer to winning instead of entering a stall war.
>>
Why not make it so that Baton Pass only passes half of the stat boosts the user had, rounded up?
>>
>>29002652
>Stealth Rock - Now does fixed, normal damage. Up to 3 stacks allowed
But why?
Here's a better fix:
Stealth Rocks deal 12,5% damage, twice that if the pokemon is immune to Spikes (Flying-types and Levitators). Type effectiveness is not taken into account.

Stealth Rock still serves to limit switching and still punishes Pokemon that are immune to other hazards. They no longer skew the type chart, and Spikes are valid choices for hazard leads again.
>>
>>29003152

That's an amazing idea anon, a lot better then my own. Too bad GF is too retarded to implement yours
>>
>>29003051
BP isn't instant. It involves at least one turn of set up and at least one switch. Use that time to do something about it. Put Roar or Whirlwind on your lead pokemon. If the enemy mon is known to use BP, and leads with a passable buff, his second move will likely be BP. Your second move should be Roar/Whirlwind, which will hit the BPassee, and end the buff.
>>
>>29003051
Perish song already gets passed, this would allow toxic in particular to work as a way to deal with BP chains.
>>
>>29003419
This works fine unless the first passer is an ingrain smeargle with spore

turn 1 sleep your stupid phaser
turn 2 ingrain as you switch out your slept pokemon or wait out for sleep
turn 3 either pass or use the sash to get a buff off depending on priority concerns
>>
>>29004354
So wait, you actually have to know the common strategies and plan for them? You have to think about the game to excel at it? That's meta, man. Pokemon is one meta game.
>>
>>29004354
If a specific Poke'mon with a specific set of moves is all it takes to fuck you up, you suck at the meta. Know what can screw you, and compensate for it. Smeargle has a maximum achievable speed. There are mons faster than Smeargle who can wreck it in one hit. There are mons immune to Spore/Sleep. Some of those mons can also phase.
>>
>>29003419
>Roar/Whirlwind
Espeon ;)
>>
>>29002615
>wreck it in one hit.
Focus fucking sash, have you heard of it?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.