[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autism at its finest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

File: autism.png (12KB, 630x302px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
12KB, 630x302px
What's your most autistic Pokemon habit?
>>
Caring about Pokemon genders outside of breeding.
>>
>>28973311
I must not double up on types, if I have two of the same type it must be because one is going to be replaced down the line.
My gender ratio should be 50/50, with genderless counting for either one.
I should have 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers
>>
I have to have no overlapping types AND my Pokemon must all have different main colors.
>>
>>28973311
During a run, a mon must not have a Nature that hinders its natural prowess.

During a run, all mons must be male unless they're either genderless, look more female than male (e.g. Fennekin line), or have a gender rate that favors female.

Top left: Most reliable attack/main attack
Top right: Secondary STAB/backup attack
Bottom left: Coverage move/status move
Bottom right: Coverage move/status move

The moves have to be ordered so that in the bio page, the vertical orientation doesn't have 2 moves of the same type touching unless it's unavoidable.

If I nickname one Pokemon, every Pokemon in that run has to be nicknamed.

During a run, avoid type overlap if possible.

I think "most" autistic is subject to the reader.
>>
>>28973311
I only use mons native to the region of the game I'm playing.
>>
>>28973379
literally me.

Wasted hours findind a female with perfect panda pattern Spinda.
Another half hour to catch a non-shit nature male raltz.
>>
>>28973311
I never cared about colors, but I always put the stabs on top left and right, except on Greninja case in wich it was p gunk and ice beam.

Dunno man, it works as you just click them easier.
>>
Occasionally I'll pretend two members of my team are romantically involved.

The weirdest one was a female skarmory and female haxourus in bw2
>>
>>28973311
>nature must not be completely trash during a normal playthrough
I think that's all I got, familia.
>>
I once tried to breed a competitive team, but I couldn't manage to get a Whimsicott in a nest ball, so I stopped bothering.

Also, once spent four hours trying to find a HA Minun for a Pikaclones run of X. Was so embarrassed that I spent all that time, I restarted the game. Pretty sure I found one in only a few hordes on take two.

>>28973601
> During a run, a mon must not have a Nature that hinders its natural prowess.
Don't push this one too hard. I used a Timid Sandslash in LeafGreen recently, and it was one of the best 'mons on my team.

>>28973311
I actually put moves down roughly in order of how frequently I use them. That is, a STAB attack goes in the upper-left, a coverage move in the upper-right, a weird coverage move or a status move in the lower-left, and a particularly weird or low-PP status move (e.g. weather) in the lower-right. Setup moves usually go in front of status but before attacks. Shit like Hyper Beam or Explosion goes last, even after status moves.

If I'm doing a monotype run, then for each 'mon I'm using, its move of that type goes in the upper-left. Makes it easy to just mash the A button and know what sort of move I'm gonna use.

I don't give a shit about the colors or types being in any particular order.
>>
>>28973906
>Don't push this one too hard. I used a Timid Sandslash in LeafGreen recently, and it was one of the best 'mons on my team.

I guess it's another thing. I plan my teams out ahead of time. So if I'm after a certain mon during a run, I save at the spot and soft reset until I get an appropriate Nature.
>>
>>28973977
I do some planning, too. The Sandslash was actually a mistake - I forgot to check its nature when I caught it. But I decided to keep it around, and was pleased with the results. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>28973311
I only use mons that have different color schemes from eachother during playthroughs. i.e. if i start with treecko, then i wont catch a gardevoir because it's also green (at least in the sprite)
>>
Have at least 10-12 mon while I play the main storyline to alternate between throughout the game, because " if this was real life, I'd wanna be ready for anybody >:3 "(my thought process)
>>
I recently started trying to have the pokemon match their pokeballs. So it's just that and not having two pokemon with overlapping types
>>
>>28973311

Stab moves on top (In order of typing if dual)
Then status/support on bottom.

>>28973414

I do the gender bit too. In gen 5 I used rivalry Haxorus because of my gender related autism.

Also I try not overlapping types. At most I'd have a flyer and a levitator but not two flying.

>>28974167

Thats called Balltism son
>>
>>28973311
>>28973601
Mine is:
>Top left: Main Attack
>Top right: Second Attack move
>Bottom left: Status move
>Bottom right: HM

Also:
During a common run, Always have a Bromon, a wifemon, a wife for my bro mon, a strong ass killer, a usefull mon and a flying one.
>>
>>28973793

God, this. Every now and then I came back to hunt the best Spinda I can.
>>
>>28973311
-I care about what the pokemon's gender I have for certain pokemon and make sure it's the preferred gender like Serperior (female), Garchomp (male), Roserade (female), Aggron (male)
-I have singular balltism, as in I try to catch everyone with Pokeballs, including legendaries.
-I unironically now collect all the ribbons I can possibly get for my Pokemon as of gen 6.
-I unironically don't use the Elite Four and Champion as an EXP farm as I don't want to clutter up my Hall of Fame. I only use it for newly trained Pokemon as a test when I feel they are ready for the Battle Frontier/Subway/Maison and multiplayer.
-I use Pokemon Amie with my HM slaves.
-I give egg moves to Pokemon that won't very likely need it in battle, but still do it so I can feel that they're even more superior because they know more moves than the genetically non-modified (Snivy with not only Glare, but also Grassy Terrain and Magical Leaf)
-I once gave my Pokemon personalities based on their natures.
>>
>>28973311
Nothing really out of the ordinary, just balltism and Pokemon I breed must have a specific gender since I have a sort of character in my head for each one.

Oh, and I guess I'm a little autistic about Legendaries, too. I refuse to use them and I think using them in battle is scummy as fuck (even if the Legendary is shit).
>>
>>28974575
> I use Pokemon Amie with my HM slaves.
... That's really cute, anon.
>>
>>28974575
Do Ribbons have an effect when you send a Pokemon out? I got a hacked shiny on WT and it had almost all the ribbons, and whenever I sent it out it'd have a ribbon image sparkle from it.
>>
Mashing A when confused and putting the power of moves in order from top to bottom.
>>
>>28974575
You are the best. Goes everything for the role play, and do it beauty.
Marry me.
>>
>>28974617
I mean they keep appearing as other players in the minigames I play that I eventually decided to give them some attention.

>>28974621
That's what happens when it has a Contest Star Ribbon which is obtained after winning the master rank in all five different contest types.
>>
I purposely capture or breed pokemon for the right gender and nature.
>>
>>28973850
I think I'll try this in sun. Did something similar with a master/student relationship whith my crobat teaching my noibat and it was fun.
>>
>>28973311
Never boxing my starter throughout a playthrough. That's apparently considered 'autistic' around here.

I guess also organizing PC boxes by national Pokedex + evolution families

Beyond that? I just play the game normally. I don't do a bunch of nonsensical shit, RP, or futz around with 'immersion' nonsense. I just play the game and have fun.
>>
I went through the effort of reformatting my old 3DS to get specific safaris for shiny hunting since I didn't want the hidden ability on them. I had to reformat dozens of times to get one with Metang.
>>
>>28973311
i match my types diagonally, for instance a psychich/fighting mon's moveset might look like this:

Psychic move | Fighting move
- -
Move of a different type | Psychic move
>>
>>28973311
I have 680++ discovered and captured pokemon in national dex and 200++ hours of playthrough in XY, but I have absolutely 0 PvP count.
>>
>>28973311
>Try to no repeat type
>They are ordered from attacks (most power to less power) to status (more useful to less useful). I.E: Flame Thrower, Hex, Will-o-Whisp and Imprisson (Chandelure).
>I focus too much on genders.
>I must have all my Pokémon at the same level. When one of them levels up, I don't use it until everyone else levels up too to the same level.
>>
>>28973311
There always have to be a Grass, a Fire and a Water 'mon in my team. ALWAYS. If it doesnt have the elemental trio, it isnt a real team.

Nickname ALL the pokemons except legendaries, for they are sacred. Also never use legendaries in battle

Make babies to my most appreciated 'mons because there has to be an heir

Also balltism, and because of that Im very frustated with the lack of bonguri balls in other games apart from hg/ss
>>
>>28973311
making sure I have picked up every hidden item on the ground everywhere even if its shitty items like a poke ball or potion
>>
>>28973311
Top attacks: STAB bonus attacks
Bottom Attacks: Status/Non-STAB attacks

>>28973379
Fucking hell, I've been breeding for HOURS for a male 4 IV jolly pokémon. Got two females already, still going at it. Not going to stop.
>>
Used to reset my game if I didn't have an ID code with the majority being odd numbers.

Would save before I got my starter so I could check it's nature and restart if I didn't like it, except I didn't do it for IVs, I did it purely because I liked the sound of my Piplup being "Relaxed."

Wanted all of my pokemon to be female.
>>
>>28973311
I always bring up my "shoulder mon" (usually an unevolved starter) against the ace of every NPC. Even if there's type disadvantage.

MegaGardevoir vs Fenneking was a blast.
>>
>>28973311
I'm a furry and I shitpost A LOT more than I actually play.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (29KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
29KB, 1024x576px
I am apprehensive to catching Pokemon species in previous games that are already part of my main team in the latest games for fear that the latter might be replaced by the former.
>>
- I only play with female Pokémon.
- Every Pokémon on my team must have a name that starts with the same katakana the species' name starts with, i.e. マフォクシー (Delphox) -> マリリン (Marilyn)
- My Pokémon are compiled in a way such that every type is only present once.
>>
>>28973311
I capture and nickname every Pokemon that I catch, and then look at the natures, the Pokemon with a good nature are going to be the ones that I will train, the rest is boxed, no Pokemon should share the same type in the team.

Every 10 levels I will change my main Pokemon team for a secondary one that is also composed by Pokemon with good natures and diverse types.

I will end up having several teams of trained Pokemon, all of them with good natures and the same level.

Gen 6 super training was a blessing.
>>
No repeated types. Move names must be set from shortest to longest.
>>
Balltism. I only breed DBHA pokemon. I make them keep their hidden ability even if it's total garbage.
>>
>>28974575
I COLLECT ALL THE RIBBONS TOO! I don't get why more people don't do the beauty contests. the little bow effect it gives your pokemon when you send them out to battle is cute as hell.
>>
>>28973311
Have to organize my party in the order that I caught them in specially if I'm facing the champion so that they look all pretty when registered in the hall of fame. Starter has to be in the front because best pokefriend.

Do I win?
>>
Probably my most is refusing to raise a Pokemon more than once. This means among all my in-game and for-fun mono-type teams, I've not used the same Pokemon more than once--exception being Magneton on a pre-Gen IV team and Magnezone on a post-Gen IV mono-electric team.

My other "thing" is having to be able to nickname my Pokemon. So I gotta be OT. It also cuts out "mythical" Pokemon since they can't be caught. Sucks 'cause I wanna be able to use Meloetta on a team.
>>
I only play through the games using giftmons and obligatory captures.
Also, in every rival battle, my team must be evenly leveled with the rival's, and I always use the same amount of Pokemon as a rival, gym leader, or important character, with few exceptions such as the elite four.
>>
>>28973379
Basically.
>>
If i want to use a mon in battle spot, it needs to be caught in a luxury ball, even if im not running return and it doesnt friendship evo. This includes legendaries.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
I breed perfect IV shiny pokemon for competitive play.
Any shiny pokemon hatched with an unwanted nature or IV spread is released.
I will never keep two of the same shiny pokemon, i will always release the inferior one.
>>
Every main game team has to have a grass, fire and water type Pokemon, like rival's team in RBG.
Never box my starter until postgame, and always try to have it as the highest levelled pokemon.
Set aside special luxury boxes for my main game team and competitively bred/hacked pokemon where the pleb pokemon aren't allowed. Only those pokemon get to have nicknames too, to distinguish them from unnamed scum.
Try to have as little overlapping types as possible, and try never to use a Pokemon for my maingame team for more than one game.
Try to have equal numbers of male and female pokemon, too. Not too important if there's a genderless pokemon on the team.
And never us pokemon for the main game that can't be found in the region normally, even if I can hack them in. Also try to have pokemon that fit the theme of the gen in some way, like a psychic type for kanto since psychics were strong as fuck, and an ice type for sinnoh.

Currently I'm having trouble deciding my new Platinum team along these rules. It's either

Infernape
Gyarados
Garchomp
Roserade
Honchkrow
Froslass

Or

Infernape
Gyarados
Garchomp
Tangrowth
Crobat
Weavile

Opinions?
>>
>>28977509
Why don't you trade them away?
>>
>>28973311
I do something similar for my vgc mons. Top left is always STAB attack that is usually good in case I run out of time, bottom right is always protect (assuming I have protect on that mon).
>>
I Always tried to catch everything in normal Pokéballs, but the fact that NPC use various type of balls may help me solve this
>>
>>28973311
I dont catch pokemon i dislike
IT goes as far as restarting from save if i get an unwanted gift pokemon, or restart ingen from sratch if i missclick and catch and oddish or something

In crystal i even tried to remove the togepi egg by getting it in the box and trying to glitch it out of the game by turning off the power while switching boxes
>>
Have to do everything worth doing with my favorite Pokémon (Deoxys) Have to have it win all contests, all ribbons it can have, first Pokémon in special battles.
I feel like I'm betraying mine if I leave it out of things.
>>
>>28979532
>>28979532
>>28979532
>I dont catch pokemon i dislike
reported
>>
>>28976115
> I make them keep their hidden ability even if it's total garbage.
are you from reddit or something?
>>
I always keep the first attack of my starter. I just can't bring myself to delete scratch, tackle or whatever in-game.
As a kid I thought my Venusaur's tackle would get stronger, since it's clearly a heavier Pokemon, so I kept it. I know that it's bullshit, but it kinda stuck with me.
>>
>>28973311
I would argue that wanting have an attack in the top left corner isn't autism since it speeds up grinding considerably in the long run.

As for me my pokemon MUST have beneficial natures, even if I know it's not needed in the single player part of the game.
>>
>>28975541
Male 4 IV wrong nature. Good god.
>>
When I cleared my emerald and ruby I bred my Swampert and Blaziken, put an Everstone on the Torchic and Mudkip and did the Mt Battle with them in Pokemon Colosseum.
>>
>>28977568
Anyone?
>>
This
Order
Attacks

I
Swear
Always
Fucking

No
What
Matter
Absolutely
>>
>>28977568
Use
Infernape, Gyarados, Garchomp, Stuntank, Tangrowth and Rotom-F
>>
>>28980587
That's
pretty
funny
dude

Because
They're
This
way

Ordering
Them
this

Fucking
Autism
Right
Anon

Finally someone else who has the same autism about the length of attack names, just reverse.

>I have extreme balltism which has destroyed me when catching roaming legends
>I must have an equal number of male and female Pokemon in my team.
>I have boxes for almost every type and only put Pokemon in a box of their type (only primary type counts). I order them by highest level to lowest level, evolved or unevolved and which generation they're from.
>Since I was a child my signature Pokemon has been Umbreon and I use one in every playthrough if possible.
>signature Pokemon always in front
>nickname every Pokemon to make them special unlike the unnamed scum ingame trainers have, examples from my current HGSS and Platinum teams are Usagi/Luna for Umbreon, Laelia for Meganium, Barqi for Ampharos, Arvin for Crobat, Polaris for Empoleon, Lucerne for Luxray, Tiburon for Garchomp
>when fighting the rival I have to have the same number of Pokemon as him and only use each Pokemon once against one of his
>fight absolutely every single trainer and wild Pokemon, don't run unless it is absolutely necessary
>>
>>28973311
>Most used attack sits on the top laft-hand side
>top laft-hand side
>top laft
>>
>>28980588
>Rotom
>Skuntank

No, thanks.
>>
>>28973379
This
>>
I have a lot of autistic tendencies.

I cannot use orange pokemon.

I have to catch everything (well, everything I intend to use in my team) in fancy balls. I box my starter because it isn't in one.

I never use moves, either ingame or in the meta, that have a chance of missing, because missing is unbelievably infuriating to me. I make copious use of golurk, machamp and mega pidgeot as a result.

It bothers me greatly if my pokemon is female. I spent days looking for a male chansey in gold version. I can blame this on playing pokemon since I was a girl-fearing little boy though.

At the end of every game I construct a team, usually one I don't even do anything with, of all shiny pokemon. They have to be caught in that game by legitimate means. I have only been doing this since gen 5 though, it would have been much more tedious in prior gens. My ORAS team is long since finished and I haven't even taken them out of the box yet, but they're all there with stylish balls and good IVs in a few cases. Incidentally, I have six shiny eevee because once I chained for hours and caught one, I felt like I should keep chaining and catch more. I would have caught more than six had my chain not been broken because my bus driver braked suddenly and made my thumb slip.
>>
>>28982599
>It bothers me greatly if my pokemon is female

Used to bother me as a kid, but playing the Gamecube games where I didn't have a choice made me get over it.
>>
>>28982615
I couldn't play those games for that reason
>>
>>28973379
This
>>
>>28973311
Thinking how it fucking sucks that gender dimorhphism and individual visual traits are confined to so fucking few examples.
>>
During a run all pokemon in the "A Team" have to be nicknamed
During a run all pokemon in the "A Team" have to have pseudo personalities

"Boris" the Nidoking with DE THEEK ROOSHAN ACCSENT
"FawkesPas" the Talonflame who is an insufferably smug cunt
"ChackieJan" the Pangoro who secretly fears he will fuck everything up

And so on and so forth
>>
>>28979437
Why would I want someone else to have something I put that much effort into?
>>
I like to use only pokémon from the gen of the game I'm playing. I try to make them all different types, but sometimes if their dual typing is similar to another mon it's okay. Also their primary colors have to be different for aesthetic reasons. It's super autismo but I've always done it.
>>
File: 1474747969108.png (132KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474747969108.png
132KB, 540x360px
>>28973379
This, my autism actually demands me to SR for a female Rowlet in SM.
Also typing and new gen mon only team autism. I can stomach overlapping dual types, but it will still always irk me to some degree.
>>
I guess giving my pokemon nicknames after musical references
Like I named my Arcanine Snoop Lion
Aerodactyl Scary Monster
Metagross Century Boy
Chansey Damage Inc
And so on
>>
>>28973311
I organize my moves in a similar way, OP.

I also always have my Pokemon in order from weakest to strongest in my party/lineup, it helps me keep track of who I need to train the most. Any HM slaves/temporary Party Pokemon are always in the last slots. The only exception to this is when I'm about to face a Gym/Important NPC battle, then I move my party accordingly to whoever is the best to be sent out first.
>>
File: aso-01.jpg (135KB, 593x409px) Image search: [Google]
aso-01.jpg
135KB, 593x409px
>>28973850
I do this, too? I really have no idea why, but I always have the urge to pair my Pokemon off, or at the very least come up with team dynamics that match their "personalities". I'll decide who I think would be best friends, or not get along, or whatever. I always expand on their personalities based on their in-game natures and such.

It just makes it more immersive, I guess.
>>
>>28973311
If two pokemon are the same color I flip the fuck out if they're next to each other on the saving screen.
>>
>>28984224
>>28973850
I can't really imagine it for my teams myself, even if it would be cute. My teams are very varied so lots of relationships would be weird.
>>
>>28973311
Whenever a new main series game is released I get giddy and make my own fakemon regions. I don't even draw anything except for the map, I just write it down. Most of the time I don't even finish them but I still do it.

I'm a grown man so I find it pretty autistic.
>>
Nowadays I've dropped a lot of my autistic habits, but I restarted my Y last night and I'm going to catch every wild pokemon available in-game as soon as they are available instead of backtracking during the postgame. Also I will never be able to drop my habit of nicknaming everything and always having 'mons with Surf, Fly and Strenght on my team. Fucking hell reading this thread made me feel the need to get the right natures for my team.
>>
File: 1468020317278.jpg (41KB, 452x460px) Image search: [Google]
1468020317278.jpg
41KB, 452x460px
>>28973311
I organize my moves too.
From top left to bottom right the priority is.
>Self applicable status moves
>Attacks (strongest > weakest)
>Enemy applicable status moves

Another thing I do is continue the wallpaper cycle once I unlock the extra boxes.
Sea native Water types in the Ocean Floor, River water types in River, amphibious Water types on the Beach.

I don't really organize them, I just place them in a nice pattern.
>>
>>28984564
I forgot to mention.
I also have Balltism.
I always try to find a good Pokeball design that matches the Pokemon.
>>
>>28973379
Literally me
>>
>>28973564
Yep, me too.
>>
I'm probably the most autistic person in this thread.

>Just started having balltism, must colour coordinate pokemon with balls
>Nickname all pokemon (I use behindthename because they have a lot of names from different countries)

And the most autistic thing I do:
>Can only use types that I feel relate to my current program of study/career
>Basically each game is kind of a self-insert

Though I do catch every pokemon because of the dex completion. I just don't use them. I also have to breed the types of pokemon I use just so I can train them from level 1 on.
>>
>>28981078
I can't believe no one else noticed this. Public school has failed us.
>>
>>28984766
>Nickname all pokemon
All all or just team all?
>>
>>28986339
The human brain failed, or improved, us with its ability to read words as a whole and not as single letters.
>>
>Save at a Pokemon Centre
>Always stand away from the main desk
>So if anyone comes in to heal their Pokemon I'm not blocking the desk

C'mon, I'm not the only one who does this.
>>
>>28973311
I always order them left to right by highest BP followed by status moves. Regardless of STAB.
>>
>>28986913
Oh shit I completely forgot about that. I try to save in a centre whenever possible and always stand level with the entrance just one tile farther right.
>>
Stab attacks>Non-Stab attacks>Stab Status(I know it's not a thing but autism dictates>Non-Stab Status
>>
All mons go in basic Pokeballs, except legendaries go in Premier.
>>
>>28973311
If I put protect on it it goes in the first slot. I've legitimately lost battle spots just because I forgot to put it there.
>>
>>28973414
I don't try for it, but I've noticed that my teams are always 50/50 without even realizing it
>>
i like the to catch wild pokemon at the highest possible level they are available in an area so they have less catching up to do with the rest of the team
>>
>>28973311
naming mon based on their typing
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.