[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
what went wrong ?
>>
File: slap slap slap.gif (393KB, 498x372px) Image search: [Google]
slap slap slap.gif
393KB, 498x372px
It felt so much slower and more boring than the original games, sevii islands were okay
>>
>>28972257
Nothing really. It was a good remake when it came out.
>>
>>28972257
Nothing. I enjoy the games. Just like i enjoy all other main series games.

>but this and that

Your issues. I didn't had them.
>>
>>28972257

No way to get Espeon and Umbreon without RSE.
>>
>>28972257
No blissey or crobat until the postgame
>>
I was gonna say nothing but then I remembered

>you can't obtain Crobat, Blissey, etc. until you beat the elite 4
>every time Golbat/Chansey/etc. evolves, it goes through the evolution sequence

I'm glad HGSS didn't do that
>>
>>28972257
To be honest not very much actually bit compared to the other remakes ots without a doubt the worst in the series.
I wish they added more extra/exclusive features to the game but can't blame them. During the time they came out they were pretty well accepted.
>>
>>28972363
Yeah, ruined the chance to recton Umbreon and Espeon to sun & moon stone.

Stupid minigames that you could only unlock with a friend and link cable.

Didn't carry over some of the cool features from Yellow.

All in all though, it was a good remake of the originals. The Sevii islands make for a decent postgame, but the lack of a real battle facility kind of sucks.
>>
>>28972257

No Mega evolution.

Not Green and Yellow being involved in the post-game stories.
>>
>>28972393
>a gameboy advance remake couldn't have as much stuff as a 3DS one

You don't say anon
>>
>>28972257
>no special/physical split
other than that, it's a perfect remake
>>
>>28972257
Having no battle facility.
No worthy postgame content.
Mew still not catchable.
>>
Sevii Islands were shit postgame
>>
>>28972503
you're your mums shitty postrape product
>>
>>28972257

No Mega evolution.

Green and Yellow not being involved in the post-game stories.
>>
File: 1379388872033.png (80KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1379388872033.png
80KB, 300x188px
Not specifically FRLG, but gen 3 as a whole.

>needed every GBA game, events, Gamecube spinoffs + the Colosseum bonus disc, and a second GBA with a link cable or Pokemon Box (which now costs $200) to have the most complete dex possible
>and unless you were in Japan then you were SOL with getting Mew and Celebi
>>
>>28972412
>Didn't carry over some of the cool features from Yellow

They did it with ORAS too and it's really annoying, Just because it's a remake of the first two games it doesn't mean ignoring the improvements made by the third one is acceptable.
>>
File: JunichiSplit.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
JunichiSplit.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
>>28972419
>>
The sprites, overall graphics including menus and music are kinda shitty
>>
>>28972412
>Didn't carry over some of the cool features from Yellow.
What cool features? Making the game based on the anime? Pikachu following you?

Unlike Platinum and Emerald, Yellow barely was different from RB. It had slightly changed Gym Leaders and E4 teams/movesets and guess what, FRLG uses that as basis instead of RB
>>
>>28972591
"Fuck You"

-90% of dark types
>>
>>28972257
bad region, bad system, bad graphics
>>
>>28972594
>music are kinda shitty
delet this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHAL_a-TKJM

it's better than trumpets and you can't get much more from shitty gba audio hardware. the remixes for sevii were better than the music in HGSS
>>
>>28972628
Genwunner alarm
Frlg music was total earrape cancer trash.
>>
File: Blastoise.png (5KB, 144x80px) Image search: [Google]
Blastoise.png
5KB, 144x80px
>>28972594
It was weird how gen 3 sprites had this art style that went out the window immediately after.
>>
>>28972503
You can go fuck yourself with your shitty opinion
>>
>>28972712
>Genwunner alarm
>posts music from Gen 2
>from the Gen 3 remake

What?

But yeah, the music is iffy in frlg. The johto themes remixed sound good. The main battle theme sounds bad. The champion battle music sounds better than the original imo.
>>
>>28972628
>it's better than trumpets
Nothing is better than trumpets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVV44BA968
>>
>>28972257
Probably the most overall average games, a bit too many flaws to be considard really good (national dex shit), but added a few great things
>>
they should have had Johto as a post game like in GSC rather than the retarded Sevii Islands
>>
Wouldn't be opposed to a B/W2 type of remake for red and blue. I know people are sick of gen 1, but it would be cool to see how things are there 20-25 years later.
>>
>>28972628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsnFDtvUSo

This shit starts to give you a headache by the time you get to victory road. Its just erratic and noisy
>>
>>28972843
this. they missed this chance
>>
>>28972363
I thought you could get them after you got the national dex, you just needed to be careful at which time you evolved them.
>>
>>28972806
This actually sounds good desu
>>
>>28972628
>better than trumpets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDUh-LHrDU

trumpets are nice
>>
Locked away Gen 2 evolutions and prevos until postgame
>>
>>28972257
regarding remakes in general?

they were a great idea. I have loved reliving childhood memories via remake in my adult years regardless of quality. the thought behind them was good
>>
>>28972257
They stayed too close to the source material in some aspects, and deviated a great deal in others, which ended up pleasing no one.
>>
>>28973946
no they actually removed the clock events completely so you had to transfer them, you can go check on serebii and see they're listed on the unobtainable pokemon
>>
>>28972594
FR/LG sprites and menu shits on RSE, I don't think we'll ever get something that crisp ever again.
>>
>>28973742
Same. We can have that as the final Kanto revisit before being totally done with the region
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.