[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

87.5% Male, 12.5% Female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x555px
I understand the confusion. After all, the ratio is 87.5% male, 12.5% female.

But that ratio was never meant to represent how masculine or feminine the Pokémon would be. That ratio was meant to keep the starters rare and difficult to breed.

Feminine starters aren't new. Chikorita was the very first feminine starter. With its necklace, leafy ponytail, and suffix "ita" in its name, Chikorita leans towards the feminine side. Its final evolution is soft in appearance with a big pink flower adorning its neck.

If Game Freak designs starters with a more feminine approach, it's probably because they want to mix it up with a bit, make their pool of starters more diverse. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Personally I think Brionne is an adorable Pokémon and it doesn't bother me at all that it could be male. Why should it? I've seen female Machamp, male Bellossom, male Gothitelle, female Conkeldurr, and the list goes on. We should know by now that gender doesn't mean much in Pokémon games. Its only real purpose is for breeding.
>>
>>28962517
Chikorita isn't even feminine. It's androgynous at worst. Same thing with the Snivy line and Fennekin line.
>>
File: .jpg (40KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
40KB, 384x256px
Don't bother trying to reason with them, they'll just accuse you of being the tumblr boogeyman.
>>
>>28962557
(You)
>>
>>28962517
>That ratio was meant to keep the starters rare and difficult to breed.
Fucking this, thanks for letting me know that there are still sane people on /vp/. That's the same reason for Eevee's gender ratio and some other things as well.
>>
>>28962517
I wish they hadnt just given up on gender difference after gen 5
>>
Don't think about it too hard. People who hate Brionne because it looks too feminine are just being retarded.

Especially when considering how many blatant masculine starters there are.

Also we're just coming out of the gen with the Fenniken line so it's far too late to complain about starters looking too feminine now.
>>
>>28962557
Delphox literally has a fucking dress nigga
>>
>>28962607
>"I've never seen a wizard's robe in my life before" - (You), 2016
>>
File: rockruff-770x562.png (165KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff-770x562.png
165KB, 770x562px
>>28962517
>hurr necklace, so feminine!

kys
>>
>>28962557
The only one right is Snivy.

The Chikorita and Fenniken line are clearly feminine pokemon. Hell the latter is also a witch and it's second stage form moonlights as a pop idol.
>>
>>28962517
kys Brionnecuck
>>
File: IMG_0489.png (528KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0489.png
528KB, 600x338px
>87.5% male
>>
>>28962557
This.

Meganium has both parts of reproduction too
>>
>>28962596
>what are pyroar and meowstic
>>
>Comparing apples to oranges

One line's got fake girly eyelashes, the others don't.
>>
>>28962517
Honestly being too feminine is probably the single worst reasoning I've ever seen for anyone to hate a starter.

This shit just screams 5-9 year olds in their "no girls allowed" phase.
>>
File: Horror.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
Horror.png
47KB, 500x430px
>>28962780

B-but anon ... the girls have cooties! I can't use a GIRL starter!!!
>>
>>28962841
>He didn't get his cootie shot.
Laffin at your lyfe right now.
>>
>>28962517
Eh, I'd say don't mind about them. Haters will continue to hate and shitposters will continue to shitpost.

Still, I wonder what exactly is wrong with Brionne to get people riled up now.

Then again, I wasn't here when Fennekin and its evo was revealed, so maybe I shouldn't speak too much.

>>28962841
>girls have cooties
>Post a pic of a girl anyway
You may just be shitposting, but the irony gives me a good laugh, so thanks.
>>
>>28962517

and that is an stupid mechanic, hell they could just have mede them unnable to breed like nidoran.
>>
>>28962657

thats just your average white """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""guy"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>28962517
>That ratio was meant to keep the starters rare and difficult to breed.
D I T T O

If breeding was supposed to be hard for any one pokemon, they wouldn't have made it so you only need ditto to get shit done. Hell, now you can use the same ditto from the previous gen, don't even need to find it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.