[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 32

File: 099[1].jpg (95KB, 341x483px) Image search: [Google]
099[1].jpg
95KB, 341x483px
Old: >>28921502

New? Start here:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad, eBay, and TCGplayer instead of asking.

TotT: Are you pleased with your waifu's tcg art?
>>
I want Xerosic back
>>
>>28962257
>Brown hair
This art looks better
>>
>>28962498
>I like my uguu kawaii modernz anime
Literally just
>>
>>28962498
>Misty will be always associated with Psyduck thanks to the anime.

Hey, I'm not complaining.
>>
>using basic blue
>18 cards left in deck
>14 of them are energies

when you cant draw energies to save your life
>>
>>28962753
Did Articuno get prized?
>>
>>28962762
got killed before i could draw any energy to Find Ice
>>
>>28962753
at least you didn't start with only articuno and 6 water energies
>>
>>28962753
OP, pls.
>>
For a beginner is the Hidden Depths theme deck the only theme deck I should be concerned with? Any I want to buy with coins? What's the best thing to buy with coins at the moment?
>>
>>28963020
Don't buy the theme decks from the in-game store. Just hold onto the coins for tournament entries and maybe roaring sky booster packs (Gotta stock up on those Shaymin ex.)

If you weren't around to unlock X and Y basic blue, hidden depths and crushing currents are the next best thing, I think.
>>
So, does anyone have a Mewtwo deck build I can use?
>>
File: shaymeme.jpg (55KB, 523x558px) Image search: [Google]
shaymeme.jpg
55KB, 523x558px
Is that enough for a shaymeme?
>>
>just impulse bought two boosters for the first time in years
>no Energy cards

I thought they always included one Energy per booster, how long ago did that change? Or am I just retarded and misremembering?
>>
>>28963936
Last couple of days I saw some for 45 and 47SS packs, most seemed to be at least 50 SS tho.
>>
>>28964182
I think from the newest packs only Generations have "regular" energy aka some special edition regular energy.
>>
>>28964182

You only get basic energies from a set that explicitly has basic energies
>>
>>28964182
>Or am I just retarded and misremembering?
Yes

Basic Energies are common cards. Most Special Energies are uncommon cards.
Only particular sets actually have energies in them, normally the first set in each generation, and then a half or special set later on. Energies have no higher or lower pull rate than any other common/uncommon.

Gen 1 packs had 11 card - 7 commons, 3 uncommons, and 1 rare or holo rare.

Starting with Gen 3, packs only came with 9 cards - 5 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 rare or higher, then 1 reverse holo of any card in the set.

Gen 4 incrased the count to 10, keeping the same ratios as Gen 3's sets but with one more uncommon.
>>
File: XY3_EN_64.png (223KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY3_EN_64.png
223KB, 245x342px
>>
>>28964337

>Gen 3

Actually that happened in the second half of Gen 2 when e-Block came to be due to Wizards going "LOL so had to cut back due to licensing fees for the e-Cards" and Expedition took a long as time to be released in English after Neo Destiny
>>
>>28964395
Wasn't e-Block Gen 3?
>>
>>28964415

The beginning of the e-Block (Expedition, Aquapolis, and Skyridge) still had Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemons only, it wasn't until Ruby and Sapphire that started the Gen 3 (EX) block and the e-Reader gimmick was eventually dropped after Team Magma VS Team Aqua
>>
File: 1456854740898.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1456854740898.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>deck bricks vs NPCs while trying to get the challenges out of the way to unlock a theme deck for vs
>quit
>game locks you into watching the pre-scripted turn anyway because fuck you
>>
What should I buy from the new stuff in the shop if I want to build a legacy deck? And do I need to buy or trade something else for a decent legacy deck on top of the shop stuff?
>>
File: 607-large_default.jpg (61KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
607-large_default.jpg
61KB, 458x458px
Bought this one for my younger Brothers Birthday today. Does it have "cool" cards? Or should I get the Zygarde tin instead?
>>
>>28962498
I just got these sleeves in today, they look sweet in person.
>>
>>28965292
Just buy the box of the pokemon he likes more, since all box cards are not competitively good. Generations is a good set though, since each pack will come with a couple extra cute cards.
>>
File: waifu dog.jpg (317KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
waifu dog.jpg
317KB, 323x450px
>>28962257
>TotT: Are you pleased with your waifu's tcg art?
Absolutely (I still want a Sabrina FA ;_;).
>>
Getting really sick of this turn 2 500+ damage Typhlosion shit.
>>
>>28964906
>What should I buy from the new stuff in the shop if I want to build a legacy deck?
See >>28948214
Both the Fire and Water deck comes with two Oak which you'll want 2-4 of, but Fire also has Communication, Copycat, and Switch. which are occasional techs in certain decks.

>And do I need to buy or trade something else for a decent legacy deck on top of the shop stuff?
Absofuckinglutely, have you ever had a theme deck give you a full viable deck?
>>
File: SMPROMO_big.png (2MB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
SMPROMO_big.png
2MB, 1080x1620px
I'm a legitimate novice at the TCG so please don't ass blast me for asking such a simple question, but I can't find the answer to it anywhere.

Scenario; Sceptile deck (not a competitive sceptile deck like im sure most of you would think of, just a deck revolving around treecko/grovyle/sceptile).

I have treecko on the field and grovyle in sceptile in my hand with forest of the giant plants on the field. Does it's ability allow me to evolve my treecko to a sceptile in one turn on the FIRST turn of the game?

Thank you
>>
>>28965797

Yes
>>
>>28965820
Appreciate it
>>
>>28965580
Welcome to scizor town, where you'll get every other match versus volcanion or other fire decks made JUST to counter you.
>>
ANybody got a Mew/Shedinja deck list?
>>
>>28965580
Such a boring cheese deck. I'd rather play night march than this shit
>>
who here spent 600 coins on a theme deck just for a brotodile coin?
>>
>>28967410
I bought four of each so I could have a locked playset of each of the cover holos.
>>
>>28967410
Spent it for the cyndacoin and the expanded supports.

Now I plan to shill for like 20 or so packs in tournaments to make an expanded virizion/genesect deck. Or would it be legacy already now?
>>
>>28967452
Is anything but the oak theory in them any good?
>>
>>28967470
No
>>
>play expanded
>Night march players think they're safe starting joltik and no other pokemon and letting the opponent go first for max nightmarch damage
Three turn 1 wins with laserbank today. Easy points.
>>
File: 30+.png (2MB, 1577x863px) Image search: [Google]
30+.png
2MB, 1577x863px
That's enough Pokemon for today.
>>
>>28965292
It's a great set.

I got the Blastoise one, and while the giant cards make good posters, I wish we got the figures American releases do.
>>
>>28968061
Did they just attempt to time stall you or something?
>>
>>28968142

The person was slow the entire time, so who knows.
>>
>>28968255
>people taking more than a minute and a half taking their turn in a chidlren's card game
Disgusting.
>>
>>28968255
>>28968378
Might have been one of those retards playing on a phone.
>>
>>28967514
What does laserbank do?
>>
Is the Raikou/Magnezone deck still descent?
>>
Just started playing, what is the "best" theme deck I can get atm to kickstart my collection through theme tournaments and stuff?
>>
>>28968465
Rude as fuck.

I'm one of those retards, and I can confirm though that playing on a phone is ass and full of bugs/game taking a minute to do something I already told it to do.
>>
>>28968494

>He hasn't heard of the scourge that was LaserBank
>LaughingTrainers.gif

It is a combo of Hypnotoxic Laser (Poison your opponent's Active Pokemon, and flips for Sleep) and Virbank City Gym (Put two more damage counters for Poison damage inbetween Turns), which basically means you put 3 damage counter on the Defending Pokemon without attacking. This also donks anyone who was unfortunate enough to have a lone 30HP Pokemon in the field
>>
>>28968648
kys phone poster
>>
>>28968672
I'm posting on a computer actually.

I just play on my phone at work since I can't install children's card games on my work computer.
>>
>>28968528
descent straight to shit tier
>>
>>28968647
crushing current and basic blue are my two favorites and work pretty well, don't forget to win 7 games with each in trainer's challenges to unlock the missing parts

never played with deck you can purchase/redeem, but i heard dark hammer is the best one, and from facing it, it seems to be true
>>
>>28968797
Neither basic blue nor dark hammer are available atm tho
>>
someone traded for my mega charizard from generations for a set up shaymin, did he get ripped off? or worth it? I posted the trade at random not expecting it to go through.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (66KB, 345x451px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
66KB, 345x451px
I want all of these semi-worthless cards. How many packs will I have to fork over? I was thinking of 1 or 2.
>>
>>28969037
Shaymin is a lot more valuable.
>>
>>28969037
You duped a 10 year old who wanted his epic Charizard
I'm sure both sides of the trade were fine
>>
Man I sure do love opening all my Spirit Links and only Super Rod with Sycamore as my only way to draw anything!
I also love drawing a useless hand afterwards and use an Ultra Ball only to find out both Shaymin and Hoopa are prized!
>>
>>28969618
There's always other tcgs with less luck involved
>>
>>28969618
>Builds deck with a shitton super rods, sycamores and spirit links
>Why am I drawing a bunch of sycamores, super rods and spirit links?

>Places only a few hoopas and shaymins
>Why am I not drawing my hoopas and shaymins?

Someday, you will find the answers.
>>
>>28969835
I'm running the standard for Scizor.
>>
>>28969921
Then, deal with it or tweak to taste.
>I'm going to netdeck, but don't know how to run the deck nor can deal with it's quirks!
>>
>>28969508
sounds about right then
>>
>>28962257
i'm not into TCG but that card art really want me to go buy a pack, when will it get released? Also any cards similar to that
>>
>>28969994
So drawing unplayable hands and prizing important cards is exclusively a Scizor perk? Gotchu
>>
>>28970177

>When will it get released?

Next month when XY Evolutions comes out

>Buy a pack

You might as well buy singles since full art cards are harder to pull and there are 9 full art cards in the set it shouldn't be overtly expensive as a single anyway since it is competitively useless and only good for MUH NOSTALGIA factors
>>
Damn would have actually beaten mewtwo-garbodor deck with Greninja if I hadn't failed in the end, forgot that the opponents stadium reduced my damage... could have played around it.. :/ Well its a mental victory at least.
>>
>>28970177
>Also any cards similar to that
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Full_Art_card_%28TCG%29
>>
>>28970210
Wait, is that a real card? Holy shit, I thought it was a fake, goddamn, I really need one. Where do you guys go to get pokemon tcg news? Pokebeach?
>>
>>28970199
>Can't even tell the difference between quirk and perk
Do you have any reading comprehension? Seriously, how dumb are you?

Dead hands in the exact same way often enough is100% related to the ratio of the cards in the deck. The person who built the original iteration you're copying probably didn't care about bricking whatever % of the time, where you obviously do. It is up to you to deal with the quirk in the same manner as the original designer or to tweak it to taste. I understand that just bitching about it is much easier, but you CAN fix it.
>>
>>28970229
>still playing Greninja deck in the current standard

some people just cant let go, jeez
>>
File: Dragonite-EX-XY12.png (185KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite-EX-XY12.png
185KB, 245x342px
When u almost nutting but remember shes not on the pill
>>
How many roaring skies does computer search usually go for?

The market for it seems pretty horrid to be honest and people massively trying to overprice and underprice. Would like 9-10 RS be about right?
>>
>>28971477
It was hard as hell to sell mine.
I eventually managed to get rid of it for 8 RS. You can do much better than that if you're buying and probably better selling if you're patient.
>>
>>28970944
i still play greninja break in standard, still get plenty of Wins. Dont need to let go, But you can get deeze nutz
>>
>>28962498
Who drew this one?

>>28962592
Well, she also has a certain non-water type on her team for the same reasons.
>>
Is the RL competitive scene dead? No leagues in a hundred miles of me. Granted, I live in bumfuck nowhere. I'd play online, but you can't earn championship points online.
>>
File: shaymemetrade1.jpg (109KB, 808x527px) Image search: [Google]
shaymemetrade1.jpg
109KB, 808x527px
Finally saved enough to trade for my second shaymeme-ex. Had it up for a full day with 40 packs before I had to make this offer to get a bite.

Hoping to get some better results in matches now.
>>
>>28973576
>not recognizing Naoki Saitou art
>>
>>28974223
>Not knowing its Naoki Saito
>>
What's the best mill deck for expanded? I'm thinking of messing around with one for regionals soon. Also is wailord still good (again for expanded)?
>>
>>28974223
>>28974270
>not knowing its actually written Saitō
>>
What should I build a dark deck around irl?
>>
Whats the best theme deck on the ptcgo store right now?
>>
>>28962498
>brown hair
That's just because the cards have a weird holofoil effect that makes them look really washed out when photographed from certain angles. For example, the left is the true coloration of the card, the middle is what a normal photograph of the card looks like, and the right is the same card with a bit of light shining on it to reveal the real coloration.

They look way better in person.
>>
File: Skyla4.jpg (537KB, 1566x888px) Image search: [Google]
Skyla4.jpg
537KB, 1566x888px
>>28975319
Forgot pic
>>
>>28965292
My favorite box right now. I've bought two, plan on getting two more
>>
So guys, what's the best build for the Flareon deck? How close am I? At a trial run, I'm at 17/20, lost to greninja twice and M-mewtwo once.
>>
>>28971474
Nice support for M-Ray.
>>
>>28975491
And M-Gardevoir.
>>
>>28975375
but why
>>
>>28975489
I would
+1 baby volcanion - you want to max your chances to start him
+1 ultra ball - again, maxing the chances to hit that early Hoopa combo
+1 Ranger - you autolose to a lone Jolteon right now
+3 switching items. you have none what.

-2 elixir - something has to give, and you already accelerate very quickly
-2 letter - are you ever stuck for energy really? you have 11 and tons of ways to draw into more
-1 Hoopa - decrease the chances of starting. 1 is plenty. If it's prized so be it.
-1 .. Ninja boy? trainers mail?
>>
>>28975489
Where are your Magma Camerupts?
>>
>>28975824
That is disgusting, why would he run those?
>>
>>28975936
Because its what gives Flareon decks speed.

Discard energies and stuf them into flareon with Camerupt ability and Baby Volcanion attack.

Otherwise the deck is too slow.
>>
>>28976030
I've never seen a flareon deck waste two turns pulling out something that slow.
>>
I wonder if Salamence will find a spot in Giratina decks. 3 EXs and it hits for 190. I can see Ninja Boying into it in dark decks.
>>
What are the best cards to do damage from the bench? ie. golbat, ariados.
>>
>>28975187
desu they all kinda suck competitively BUT
Gears of Fire you can edit to be decent
Wave slasher u can edit it for greninja break
>>
File: Screenshot_20161007-005940.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161007-005940.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Tempted to drop some coins on the Heartgold and Soulsilver decks just for the switch.

The art is gorgeous.
>>
>>28975489
looks decent man gj maybe 4 basic volcanion and one less of any of your 4Ofs
>>
>>28975654
One ninja boy is usually enough to fix a solo Shaymeme/Hoopa drop or pull one off a bench after you're established. Pretty easy to cut that to a one-of
>>
>>28975654
>>28977463
Thanks guys, still tweaking. I appreciate the help
>>
What's a good cheap dark deck to make?
>>
>>28978731
Burning Abyss.
>>
>>28979535
Delete this

also
>cheap
No its the reason why i quit
>>
>>28979535
>break sword
>fog blade
I wish

Just play Kozmo. You barely even need an extra deck.
>>
What's your current main deck?
>>
What's the cheapest deck this standard? I have half of a M-Mewtwo EX deck if it helps anything.
>>
>>28980859
Finish that deck if you can. It's the best deck in standard
>>
>>28980871
Oh well, do you have a good decklist? Some of the cards that I had in the deck rotated out.
>>
Why is Steam Siege such dogshit
>>
>>28980916
It was released less than a month before rotation and relied entirely on cards that were reprinted in Japan but not the rest of the world.
>>
>>28980955
It's all my local shops seem to fucking sell, nobody has the initiative to order boxes of Roaring and upsell them for some damn REASON
>>
Im a new player thinking of getting into it.

Should I get the Kaldeo vs Rayquaza duel decks?
>>
>>28980972
Not really worth it.
If you want to play competitively, look up decks that have been winning, and go for the one that you like the most.
If you wanna just play for fun without spending much, with some also newbie friends, just buy some premade theme decks.
If you wanna play online, buy a pack of booster codes.
>>
hey guys, just started to play ptcgo, and i have a question. why dont i have basic green among my free starter decks? everywhere on forums it says that i should have it too, but i dont have it.
>>
>>28981034
If you mean to use it as your theme deck in versus, you need to unlock all its cards first.
>>
>>28981008
So is this just bullshit?
https://youtu.be/v3ydIfJtorM
>>
>>28981104
I'm not going to watch a yt bait video. But most probably yes.

It's just common logic, if somehow the price of a premade deck was less than the sum of all its competitive cards, either those competitive cards would be cheaper because of this new cheaper source, or the premade deck would rise in price.
>>
>>28981178
both of those things have happened and I'm starting to think you don't really have a clue of how a new player should get into the game if your advice is just "look up winning decks."
>>
>>28981104
Nah, it's just taking current prices too optimistically and assuming you'd get the full value from the cards. Selling individually on ebay and tcgplayer comes with fees which won't give you the full value, price checking on TCGplayer means you'd have to sell at competitive prices rather than market prices. The fact that Keldeo and Rayquaza themselves aren't standard legal mean you can't even use them in most tournaments or against most casual players who are built to play standard.

You'd either have to invest more money to make them playable in standard, or sell the whole thing basically right as it released in order to get back your value on it, which leaves you without a playable deck, right where you started.
>>
What is Karen's worth in packs?
>>
>>28981208
but all those foil energies. And don't I need octillary and VS Seeker and Karen?
>>
>>28981034

XY: Basic Green/Blue/Red/Yellow got replaced the other week. If you don't already have them, you can't get them.
>>
>>28981206
>both of those things have happened
It didn't. And yes, if he wants to be competitive, what is your advice? Buying a fucking keldeo Rayquaza deck? Don't make me laugh anon.
>>
Is it possible to make a deck around Aggron? Because that's the only way I'd get into this cardgame.
>>
>>28981279
You can win with pretty much anything online
>>
>>28981247
You don't necessarily need octillary or karen depending on your deck. At that point though, if you're literally only buying a 30 dollar product for 8 dollars worth of two singles(it's gone down to 4 dollars a copy since that video), you should be able to deduce the problem there.
>>
>>28981311

Never seen Mega Aggron's full-art card before. It looks amazing.

Obviously it's pretty bad competitively, but I might try and trade for one anyway.
>>
>>28981279
Online is a very casual environment. Mostly because people have to play with unoptimal decks to do daily achievements, and the fact that most people that seek a competitive tcg to play usually chooses either Mtg or Ygo.
>>
>>28981311
>mega scizor deals 120 for two with upside
>mega aggron deals 120 for 4 with a downside

Fuck balancing
>>
>>28981344
Keep in mind, if you're playing online it's against literal children, and for the meta right now, it has a decent matchup against Mewtwo and Gardevoir if you flip heads. You could theoretically top a locals with it.
>>
>>28981349
>chooses either Mtg or Ygo
Or play with actual cards in local tournaments, and not online.
>>
>>28981356
Aggron was built for a meta that had Bronzong in it for steel energy ramp and can 1-shot Mewtwo.

Scizor was built for a meta that doesn't have Bronzong.
>>
>>28981349
Eh, nevermind then. I'll stick to Yugioh.
>>
>>28981356
You're not wrong about balancing, but did you miss the part where M Aggron hits for 240?
It was printed in a format where cards like Bronzong, Victory Star, and Trick Coin were legal, too.
M Aggron is an example of an "okay" card that's more a victim of the meta than its own design.
>>
>>28981356
>removing a stadium or a special energy is as much as an upside than dealing 120 extra damage
Call me when they print a hammer or a paint roller variant that gives my pokemon extra 120 damage for a turn.
>>
File: DSC_0048.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0048.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
!FREE!SHIT!

and I hope your pulls are better than mine
>>
>>28981313
and VS Seeker? And all the other stuff is nice for someone who is starting from scratch. Plus you get an online code. Holo energies are cool too. I think all things considered it's a great start it appears that maybe hubris is preventing you from seeing.

For all I know you don't even know what's in the decks. According to the video both Kaldeo and Rayquaza are standard legal too. This all kind of reminds me when the MTG people on /tg/ argued aggressively with posters that the new Liliana is garbage while she turned out being Standard's top card.
>>
>>28981450

Anon, your timing...

I'd just closed down PTCGO to do some uni work instead of time wasting, then the codes were all gone by the time I got it loaded back up.

Are you punishing me for studying instead of playing Pokemon?
>>
>>28981463
Holo energies are a pain in the ass for me because they bend. I only play with non holo energies. Also, if you really want nice energies, go after HGSS ones.

Online code means literally nothing if you are not playing online.

>it's a great start
Yeah, but you pay a price for it, and it is more than if you just bought the singles. If you wanna pay extra for shitty cards, it's your money.

>new Liliana
This logic doesn't apply here, Keldeo and Rayquaza are not new cards, they are reprints.
>>
>>28981595
Online code means plenty and it can be sold on ebay if I didn't even want it, bringing the price down slightly. And I would use it anyway. The price of the singles are more than the $30 for the pack, so I don't know what your point is.
>>
>>28981311
Whats that one lil doohicky all the kids'r runnin these days, gibs 40 hp and 10 attack damage... boy that aggron sure could use that.
>>
File: fire.jpg (1MB, 5931x824px) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
1MB, 5931x824px
>>28981595
>Also, if you really want nice energies, go after HGSS ones.
If you're playing physical, the Gen 3 energies look really amazing in foil too.

>>28981463
>Kaldeo and Rayquaza are standard legal
They're not. These aren't Standard-legal reprints, they're for Expanded players, collectors, and casuals.

>This all kind of reminds me when the MTG people on /tg/ argued aggressively with posters that the new Liliana is garbage while she turned out being Standard's top card.
Keldeo and Rayquaza aren't new cards, though. We've had ~5 years to see exactly how good they are. Keldeo is alright but is about to get outclassed in Expanded by Solgaleo GX. Rayquaza used to be an okay rogue deck but it's definitely not viable now. Both are pretty good in Legacy, but that's an online-only format.

Regardless of what format you wish to play, it's still always cheaper to just buy singles and work from there.
>>
>>28981655
>The price of the singles are more than the $30 for the pack
Not if you only count the actually competitive cards.

Imagine this: If all competitive cards from that pack summed was $50, since you could buy all of them for $30, no one would pay $50 for them. And considering they are not getting some stuff, they would only pay $20 at max for it, without to mention the whole problem of selling them, and taxes you have to pay for.

Either that, or it would happen like it did in Innistrad block in Mtg, where a intro deck had super good card in it, which was a $15 card in a $12 premade deck. What happened is that the decks disappeared from the shelves(some card stores didn't even sell them, they opened the decks and sold the card individually), and the ones that people could buy were being sold for $20.

TL;DR you will never be able to sell a $30 premade deck for more than $30, because anyone can simply pay $30 for it.
>>
>on a series of loss streak due to bad draws and lmao disconnections because on phone
>win second game of day
>lands on only prize wheel spot I've won today
>another series of bad games
>finally 3rd win
>LANDS ON ON EXACT SAME SPOT

Fucking hell, fuck this.
>>
>>28973816
Bump for answer please.
>>
>>28982323
It's bigger than it's ever been, since a few months ago they changed policy to give out cash prizes instead of packs and scholarships.
>>
>>28982323
There's an active area right near my house at a comic book shop actually, I'm not sure how many people come but it's active enough for them to do it fairly often.

I actually own only own a few cards that I've bought due to keldeo and such recently so I have no real wish to go to tournaments but I might break out and actually buy some physical cards in the very near future for a mega scizor deck.

I live in Boston though which is a bigger city.
>>
Will there be any way to make Crobat Break work?

I love his design
>>
>>28981311
Pretty much this

I've been playing a lot with M-Steelix EX because it's enjoyable to me

Highlights include bopping a M-Mewtwo in one hit using their stadium to use Iron Tail and flip 3 heads. You could feel seething hatred from him. Also getting turn 2 Canyon Axe KO's is always funny for me.
>>
>>28979871
pure BA is pretty cheap
Dante's are only about $5 now
>>
File: scizmew quick.png (574KB, 925x481px) Image search: [Google]
scizmew quick.png
574KB, 925x481px
>>28979926
Time to show /vp/ my current deck, I found the idea on reddit and i love it to hell and back, it's also budget friendly af.

If you couldn't guess from the picture, the idea of the deck is to consistently use Scizor's second attack and hit for 110 every turns. There is a ton of mobility in the deck between the Switches, Escape Ropes and Float Stones, allowing you to get started asap (hitting for 110 on turn 2 is pretty common, granting you some donk wins).

Some explanations I'll add:

- 11 Energies are needed to consistently hit the Elixirs. They're detrimential to your success.
- 2 Cobalion is pretty useful, as you start hitting for more than Scizor's attack as soon as you give away 3 prizes. Float Stone Cobalion + Mew allow for some Quick Guard stalling as well when needed.
- Giovanni's Schemes are often used to draw cards, but the extra 20 can come in handy in a lot of situations, namely OHKOing a baby Volcanion or 2KOing a Mega Scizor with Mew+Scizor EX. Can also reach 2KOs on 240 HPs like Groudon or MGyara.
- 3 Lysandre is really great here since your damage output is limited and you really need to pick your targets well. Also needed to get rid of Garbodors for Mew.
- PCL is rarely useful but can sometimes be clutch. Wouldn't mind some thoughts on a possible replacement. Same with Ranger.
- Mew is probably the MVP of this deck. Free retreat allows for a ton of playmaking with Escape Ropes/Switches and copying Cobalion's attacks is often very clutch late-game. You also hit in Mega Mewtwo's weakness for the OHKO (same with Hoopa).
- Maximise your Elixir as much as possible with smart uses of Ultra Balls, Trainer's Mail and Sycamore.

I've had great success with this deck, and I find it super fun to play. The only bad match-ups I've found to face are Volcanion (who would guess with a Metal deck) and Greninja (though I've donked a bunch of them when they start Froakie). I highly recommend it to you guys!
>>
>>28983124
Too inconsistent, it's a neat meme deck but that's about it.

You lose to item lock decks if they setup first turn (which they often do), you have trouble against megas, and you just have no real draw power to draw into scizors if you get fucked with no scizors due to no hoopas or shaymemes.

I won't say the current disruption energy scizor is the best deck ever but I definitely feel like it at least is fairly consistent.
>>
>>28983259
It seems inconsistent, but it really isn't, I've rarely had troubles setting up my strategy thanks to Sycamores and Giovanni's. Finding Scizors isn't much of a problem between the Ultra Balls and N/Sycamore/Giovanni. The deck even used to feature Pokemon Fan Club over a Giovanni, but I almost never needed it.

Regarding Megas, you OHKO every one of them who has a Steel or Psychic Weakness (Mewtwo, Gard, Alakazam, MemeDino). Against the other, you either 2KO or you just aim for the bench targets like Shaymin or Hoopa. Once you've killed 2 Shaymin or Shaymin/Hoopa, you just need to kill a regular EX (think pre-mega Scizor) with Cobalion late-game or 2KO their mega (Mega Scizor can't OHKO your Scizors so that's perfectly doable without too much stress).

I haven't faced much Item locks to draw conclusions on this match-up.
>>
>>28983124
FUCK OFF.

Most people here arent poorfag morons like you and can afford shaymemes to build proper decks.

Do go around reccommending this shit because you are a fucking poorfag, no one gives a shit about your non competitive joke of a deck.
>>
>>28983459
You cant 1HKO mewtwo because you cant use mew because Mewtwo uses fucking Garbodor, you fucking moron.
>>
>>28983459
AUDINO IS FUCKING WEAK TO FIGHTING, NOT STEEL

HOLY SHIT YOU ARE A SHITTER
>>
>>28983481
>what is OHKOing Garbodor with Scizor
>what is setting up Mew before their set up their Garbodor with all the tools the deck possesses to snipe the bench/hit on turn 2

>>28983498
i'll give you that one kek, my b
>>
>>28983124
But why? What other than Shaymin are you KOing with only 110 damage? Why not just use M-Scizor and do 10 more damage plus disruption?
>>
>>28983522
>Why not just use M-Scizor and do 10 more damage plus disruption?

BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING POORFAG THAT CANT AFFORD SHAYMIN, THUS MAKES A SHITTY DECK, BEATS 10 YEAR OLDS AND THINKS ITS A GOOD DECK.
>>
>>28983518
>>what is setting up Mew before their set up their Garbodor with all the tools the deck possesses to snipe the bench/hit on turn 2

MEW NEEDS 2 ENERGIES TO ATTACK, MEWTWO 1HKOS MEW WITH 1 ENERGY

GEE, I WONDER HOW THAT MATCH WILL TURN OUT
>>
>>28983534
THEN WHY NOT JUST RUN GARCHOMP?
>>
>>28983518
>all the tools
>two escape ropes and 3 lysandres

Also they can just lysandre your mews in before they get the energy too.
Your deck is... Not great anon, like I said it's very meme deck fun I guess.

>>28983534
Anon, please calm down.
It's a shit deck and he's... Questionable for trying to justify it but please relax off the caplock.

>>28983558
Garchump is shit in standard and gets run over in expanded.
>>
>>28983522
ohkoing mewtwo with mew and >>28983534 desu
>>
How does Mew OHKO Mewtwo?
>>
>>28982510
There's a Crobat Break?
>>
>>28983620
you use Scizor's second attack after getting in the active and hit for 110*2 (weakness)
>>
>>28983620
Mewtwo has a psychic weakness.

The idea of the meme deck is to get the 110 damage which is then double to 220 and thus a OHKO.

It relies on a lot of assumptions but it can happen?
>>
File: gale thrust.png (561KB, 935x460px) Image search: [Google]
gale thrust.png
561KB, 935x460px
>>28983534
Here you go, capsanon. I'm still pretty poor myself, but I can vouch for him.

M Scizor is still much better, but you have a few advantages with this build. Mainly, you don't have to flounder around with Spirit Links and a Stage 1, plus you have access to a non-EX attacker and Max Elixer consistency over Mega Turbo. This was much better before the Mew EX reprint, since now you can just tech one or two of those into M Scizor.

I use Zoroark over Escape Ropes and Switches, meaning I don't have to set up a second attacker for it to work, and it lets me use FFB.
>>
>>28983465
In my experience, all shaymin does in standard is give me two prizes. Bet it will drop in prize once decks with it start losing due to it. Probably will stay fine in expanded, tho.
>>
>>28983649
>>28983655
Using MGardevoir sounds like a better plan, but what do I know
>>
>>28983750
We know you're samefagging because the typing mannerisms are the same
>>
>>28983777
Literally my first post.
>>
>>28983713
GARBODOR

DECK THAT RELIES ON ABILITIES ON THE CURRENT META = SHITY DECK
>>
>>28983990
Well, this is a deck to use online, where people rarely use the meta properly, if at all. What, are you approaching this like it's a deck for States?

And even ignoring that, "muh Garbodor" isn't a good argument. People were still running item-heavy decks like Night March and YZG last format despite three of the top four decks running item lock. And Trev/Toad had a much, much more oppressive impact than the 2-2 Garbodor you see in today's Hoopa-reliant decks.

It's not like Scizor is, by any means, an ability-reliant deck regardless of how many Mew or Zoroark you run.
>>
>>28983498
>>28983534
>>28983550
>>28983558
>>28983990

Why is this anon always so angry about other people's virtual trading cards? He was here in the last thread too.

If you press the caps lock key again it will turn off btw.
>>
>>28984058
>RUNS 4 DIFFERENT POKEMON WITH ABILITIES
>ITS NOT LIKE MY DECK IS ABILITY RELIANT

RETARD ALERT
>>
>>28984130
Don't forget this is a kid's game
>>
>>28984058
Anon, 8 of your 12 mons rely on abilities. Are you smoking something?
>>
>>28984161
They're not your main attackers, they just support it. What, do you not run Shaymin or Hoopa either? Do you think cards like Giratina aren't extremely viable right now? They all get shut down by Garbodor, too. The only card in that list that gets truly hit by Garbodor is the Mew.

Really, I'm trying to have a good discussion here about a casual budget deck and the involvement of Garbodor in today's meta, but your posts consist of spamming "poorfag", "retard", and single line zingers that are more tepid than scalding.
>>
>>28984161
>>28984190
Those abilities are not necessary for the deck to run.
>>
>people are playing standard
>>
I have some SS packs I won on the ladder which are trade-locked. I know that if you have a mix of tradable and trade-locked packs, the locked ones will open first. Problem is that I also have offers up for cards in SS so I have tradable packs currently trade-locked.

What happens if I try to open the permanently locked packs? Current plan is to let the offers expire/complete, but then I'm wasting trading time.
>>
>>28984259
Only reason to play expanded is if you can't let go of night march.
>>
What would you nignogs think of a /vp/ tournament? Standard format, packs for the winner?
>>
>>28984285
Except standard is shit right now
>>
>>28984259
I don't like night march
>>
>>28984286
Once they add in spectating, I plan on hosting a streamed monthly tournament with pack prizes.
>>
>>28984298
Karen exists and blows nightmarch the fuck out
>>
>>28984297
It's literally expanded with no night march.
>>
>>28984349
I don't give a shit. They are still gonna waste a ton of time with all their garbage compressors and the like. It's not so bad in paper but on TCGO it's a real problem
>>
>>28984350
No it isn't
It isn't even close
>>
>>28984130
Just some idiot that will go away or calm down eventually. Just ignore him, it's not like he ever says anything insightful or useful at all.
>>
>>28984490
Sure, keep playing that night march. Nothing for standard on auto pilot like that seems to be coming for now.
>>
Any reasons to get a third Shaymin? Maybe for some expanded decks or something?
>>
>>28984666
You need up to 4 for colorless m-ray, despair ray m-garde, and some vileplume decks.
>>
>>28984652
I don't play shitty nightmarch
I play fun item lock.
>>
>>28984705

also good in vespiquen
>>
File: FaN#2.png (1MB, 1585x891px) Image search: [Google]
FaN#2.png
1MB, 1585x891px
It's that time of the ladder again friends. That long, lonely grind.
>>
>>28984956
Only at 600ish myself friend, been too busy playing SMT Apocalypse and shit.

Will probably grind out a lot during the weekend.
>>
>people shilled out money for holo generations fairy energy when base set fairy energy was coming out months later

I feel bad for them desu
>>
>>28985901
Legacy energies aren't anything special, though. You might as well run XY Fairy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOR2a1rSO4
>chink makes guide on how to build decks
>most of his decks he made are shit
lol
>>
>>28986611
>he list town fucking map as a staple
>>
>>28986901
B-but anon think of how you can plan the most optimal prizes to take!
>>
Can you earn chamionship points online?
>>
>>28987020
Of course not
>>
File: XYP_EN_XY104.png (215KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XYP_EN_XY104.png
215KB, 245x342px
Watsup friendo's, Looking for Mawile-EX and Mega Mawile EX, can anyone help me out? Or got some they dont want?

Also are battle compressors still big in online tcg?
Are they big enough to get some Mawile-EX cards?

Is the night march setup big enough to get some Mawile-EX cards?

i remember getting smashed when that deck build started gaining traction and made my own so now i have a full night march build
>>
>>28987130
They are box exclusives, so they have been pretty expensive.
>>
>>28987199
They're pretty low-value online.
>>
>>28987130
Mawile Ex and her respective mega aren't in high circulation online but they also aren't high value because the card itself isn't good. I don't know their card values but they're probably 2 or 1.5 packs each for every mawile/m-mawile.

Battle Compressor is only big in expanded, and they're only worth around .5 a pack each. Much lower than mega mawile, maybe 1:1 with her links.

No, unless you trade your whole night march deck for the mawile components.

I also take it you're talking purely online because you're asking us for trading.
>>
>>28987199
Ya, i bought my own box, i got told mawile-ex sucked so i thought it would be easy to get the online cards if no one thinks she is any good
>>28987222
Well i offered an Ex, a full art, a zekrom rare, and a bunch of other dragon cards hopefully someone bites
>>
>>28987008
>Not knowing what's prized from the 1st ultra ball
Its like you don't care that card space can be used for something that's essential
>>
>>28987350
I think he was being ironic.
>>
>>28987222
I mean compared to other EX with just as much playability.
>>
>>28987332
What's wrong with setting up mail trades over /vp/?
>>
>>28987332
Ya i was talking about online and i appreciate all the info, ill see if i can dish out my meme deck for packs and then offer packs for mawile, its been about a year and since i logged in so im out of the loop
>>
>>28987389
Because I'm just going to steal your cards
>>
>>28987350
>>28987364
I was, notice the b-but.

>>28987389
I mean, you could but...

>>28987396
That's fine anon, honestly I just bought the codes online for like 3 bucks each or some shit on ebay. Easier than dealing with trades and they give you the link+mawile+m mawile all in one code.

Plus I think you can trade the coin as well since you'll end up with 3. Too bad it comes with no sleeves...
>>
I just found out if you type in "PhantomForces" in the redeem code area you get a pre made deck and some gear. Is there any other things like this?
>>
>>28987477
Ya i think ill just do that, and ya its a bummer that there were no sleeves for online and for my real deck
>>
File: deck.dec.png (739KB, 957x579px) Image search: [Google]
deck.dec.png
739KB, 957x579px
I've been playing this deck online and irl, and it's been winning most of the games. Even without Shaymeme I'm still getting my board completely set up turn one. It's really fast.
>>
>>28988102
Flareon is garbage, I wouldn't run more than 1
>>
>>28988136
Flareon is garbage is a meme perpetuated by mega mewtwo players who are afraid of Flareons one shotting their mega mewtwos because volcanians cannot.
>>
>>28988136
>not reading the post
I've been winning, senpai. Flareon rocks.
>>
>>28988184
You can still 1HKO MMewtwo with 4 volcanion. Flareon is a terrible starter and volcanion is a better attacker since it only gives 1 prize card
>>
>>28988102
Flareon is better than that fucking idiot above believes, but three is still excessive. Two is plenty, you only ever want one out and you sure don't want to start it. An extra N, Sycamore, Trainer's Mail would be a far better use of that slot. Even the addition of a Hex Maniac/Energy Retrieval, Energy recycler.
>>
>>28988102
Ill give this deck a shot, ive been getting the new packs so i have a few of these cards already
>>
Is the Hoopa theme deck worth it?
It seems silly.
>>
>>28988102
>no max elixirs
Don't you want epic turn 1 Flareon beats?
>>
>>28988842
I've toyed with the thought of max elixirs, but it honestly energizes fast enough without them. It might be worth it to try, though.
>>
>>28988888
checked.
>>
File: 1475469326462-vg.gif (93KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475469326462-vg.gif
93KB, 200x200px
>>28988888
Checked
>>
>>28981053
yeah, but i dont have it to play with in the start

>>28981250
fuck
>>
are these packs that arrived in the shop this week worth gambling on? What are the best you could hope for from them?
>>
>>28987332
>her
>>
>>28988888
>>28989011
>>28989044
>>28989066
Checked
>>
>>28984956
how do you get so much coins and tickets?
>>
>>28989066
The good pulls in HGSS are:
>Jumpluff
>Ninetales
>Cleffa
>Slowking
>Sunflora
>Typhlosion Prime*
>Donphan Prime
>Prof Oak's New Theory*
>Fisherman
>Pokemon Collector*
>Pokemon Communication
>Pokemon Reversal
>Switch
>Energy Switch
>Copycat
>HGSS DCE + Foil DCE*
>Rainbow Energy
>Non-foil HGSS Basic Energies
in no particular order, with * denoting the best/most viable pulls. Some other usable cards include all the other Primes sans Feraligatr, Ho-oh and Lugia LEGEND, and an Alph Lithograph.

Other than the foil DCEs, which normally sell for more than a Shaymin, none of the cards in HGSS are that valuable. Don't forget most of those listed trainers are also in the three decks in the shop right now.
>>
>>28989303

Not the same anon, but I would say just play a lot and don't spend your tokens. I have been playing for about 6 weeks and I have almost 9000 tokens.

Gonna buy Roaring Skies packs eventually.
>>
>>28989430
I spent 4K on Roaring skies and pulled no shaymeme or vs seeker. Felt pretty bad, especially since I have like 7 trade locked dragon rayquaza now, wish I could burn them even if they are digital
>>
File: 1430447548290.png (119KB, 472x404px) Image search: [Google]
1430447548290.png
119KB, 472x404px
>>28989084

>tfw got quads in the other thread and nobody checked them.
>>
>>28975319
the card in OP is not because of poor lighting, she really does have brown hair on the card.
>>
>>28989383
If you had meant Plasma Blast, it's easily one of the better packs you can get for both Legacy and Expanded. Usable pulls include:
>Masquerain
>Cradily
>Virizion EX*
>Genesect EX* + G Booster*
>Blastoise*
>Suicune
>Drifblim
>Sigilyph
>Jirachi EX*
>Haxorus
>SR Exeggcute*
>SR Virizion
>SR Dusknoir
>Silver Bangle
>Silver Mirror
>Scoop Up Cyclone
>Juniper, Catcher, Rare Candy, Ultra Ball, Plasma Energy
in no particular order, with * denoting the best/most viable pulls.
>>
>Draw your puzzle of time and tools cards too early
>Brick and use Sycamore
>Later in, turns out I need them or have one left
And sometimes when I use N instead I either feed the opponent for worse or get a bad momentum hand.
Advice?
>>
>>28990120
Birch or Shauna bro! lul
the BEST of both worlds
>>
Can I tutor the other Hoopa ex with scoundrel ring? Or does it count all possible version of hoopa ex?
>>
File: toad.jpg (365KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
toad.jpg
365KB, 1360x768px
So how do I make this better?
>>
>>28989493
But those aren't quads famalam, they're quints
>>
>>28990445
-Too many rare candies. They're fine in a pinch but you should be evolving fast enough with Frogadier anyway.
-Where's your Lysandre?
-Where's your Escape Rope?
Without these you're just going to get shit on by Garbomeme without a way to pull it off the bench.
-Adding a Professor's Letter won't hurt you any in this deck. You'll want a steady stream of energy for your benchsnipes off and letters let you do that without stuffing your deck with extra energy.
>>
>>28990591
>-Where's your Escape Rope?
Escape Rope has never been and never will be a staple
>>
>>28990624
It's worth playing in some decks. I run one in Mscizor and it has its uses, switching a scizor with spirit link for free or can be used as a Lysandre in some case, especially when you only have one scizor in play
>>
>>28990591
Not that anon but
I tend to go with lysandre and switch instead of escape rope, escape rope is usually too situational for me
>>
>>28990624
Escape rope is a must in every deck except those that dont run Float Stone where Switch is a better option. It should be in every standard deck except Greninja BREAK, Yanmega BREAK and Vespiquen due to their retreat cost.
>>
How do I keep from getting meme'd on?
>>
>play this game once when it started in like 2011 I think
>forget about it until like March
>turns out I had pulled a Jirachi-EX FA
>don't play Expanded/Legacy
>it's tradelocked

It feels like such a waste :(
>>
>>28990714
Escape Rope + Lysandre is more versatile than Swtich + Lysandre if you have Float Stone in your team.

It does the same job as Swich but it also has room to make more plays with it by forcing your opponent to switch.
>>
>>28990760
You meme on them first.
>>
>>28990789

It can also prevent you from making plays by forcing them to switch.
>>
>>28990912
You can Lysandre them back if thats the case.

Escape Rope is objectively better than Switch EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

There is literally no reason to run Switch over Escape Rope in the current meta where you always run 2 Lysandre.
>>
>>28991009

You can't always afford to use lysandre and not a draw supporter. Escape rope is not better than switch every single time.
>>
>>28990558

I can count m80lad. Not got a problem with the quints, it's the dubs that are rustling my Jimmies.
>>
>>28991094
Yes, it is.

The scenario where a Switch would be better than Escape Rope (You dont want your opponent to switch and cant use Lysandre) isnt enough to justify running it over the Escape Rope.
>>
>>28991180

>Switch isn't better than escape rope every single time. Except when it's better,
>>
Why is this general so uncomfy?
>>
File: Smug Zach.jpg (22KB, 294x258px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Zach.jpg
22KB, 294x258px
>>28991251
Because Zach is dead
>>
>>28991216
You are missing the point completely.

The scenario where Switch is better than Escape Rope is too rare to justify using it over its counterpart.

Sure, Switch there MIGHT be a scenario where Switch is better than Escape Rope, but in most of your games Escape Rope will end up being more useful than Switch.

If you use Switch over Escape Rope you are a moron and probably suck at this game.
>>
>>28991323

I'm not missing the point completely, I'm pointing out that you're being hyperbolic.
>>
>>28991344
Don't be that guy, anon.
>>
It used to be pretty comfy, it must be because of the time.

I've gotten really nice advice and help from people here now and again.
>>
Can anyone give me a Hoopa-EX for my Xerneas BREAK? Or I can offer 3 packs.
>>
>not even using one of the alternate arts that Charizard got

At least I can autism max rarity Mewtwo.
>>
>>28991251
>>28991915
It feels more and more like /dng/ by the day.
>aggressive shitposting
>unwarranted ad hominem every post
>shitty opinions being asserted matter-of-factly
It's the sort of garbage that ruined their threads and it's happening here too.
>>
>>28993109

Is there a reason you're asking here? Why don't you try your luck with a public offer?
>>
>>28993213
I'm asking here because Public Trades don't do either-or offers, and it might be faster to reach an individual here.

I'm at least contributing more than people shitposting ad hominem attacks here.
>>
>>28993381

On the public trade, Id suggest going with the packs.

I'm not sure you'll get a Xern-Hoopa trade from somebody here as Hoopa-EX (any Scoundrel Ring variant) is more valuable than a Xerneas BREAK.
>>
>>28993454
It's barely more valuable, I know values. And Xern is only raising.
>>
>>28993630

Yeah, the promo Hoopa-EX is slightly more valuable. There's a bigger gap to the AO Hoopas.

Not so certain that Xerneas BREAK is rising in value, but it's not a card I monitor too closely so idk.
>>
>>28993204
That third thing is probably the worst about it.

I don't know what's just causing people to think they can't possibly be wrong about a children's card game, but it wasn't always like this. It used to be that everyone in the thread pretty much accepted it was the blind leading the blind.

I remember us having to discover how good VS Seeker was when phantom forces launched and now it's a 10-15 dollar card.
>>
>>28993705

>Having to discover VS Seeker is good

I'd think that most would realize how Godly the Compressor + VS Seeker combo is from the get go, and then Archie's/Maxie's happened and made it even more crazy

>10-15 dollar card

It has gone back down to sub-$10 levels (for now) with the Battle Arena Decks
>>
>>28993674
Sorry, but you're wrong. Promo is about equal, AO RA is a bit more, FA is almost double
>>
>>28993705
Some people got gud and some people still need to git gud.

The people that got gud point out the errors and shitty opinions of the people that need to git gud and the people that need to git gud get butthurt.
>>
>>28993747
Two card unsearchable item combos weren't all too commonly notable at Phantom Forces launch though, and lists up to that point played enough/too many supporters to not care about Vs Seeker because it would basically just give them extra supporters per turn when supporter usage was already tight having to use Trump Card to kill night march or Lysandre to get a KO in.
That really only got alleviated with Shaymin-EX. You couldn't draw for shit before that. And up until the trump card ban, Shaymin was like 10 bucks.
>>
>>28993829
Except the people who think they got gud are still wrong about a lot of things a lot of the time, despite acting like they know everything. Then they lead new players astray with bad advice that usually goes unchecked because for every 5 new players, there's 4 "mount stupid" players and like 1 good player who isn't on when we only have ~75 posters.
>>
>>28993815
>Sorry, but you're wrong. Promo is about equal.

>>28993204

^Read this post.

There is a solid pack's worth of difference between the two cards. Hoopa-EX easily sells for 4 packs. Xerneas BREAK struggles to go for more than 3.
>>
>>28993903
sounds like you need to git gud
>>
>>28993921
I literally just bought a hopoa-ex for one very easily.
>>
>>28993946
I already know that though. I'm not saying I'm one of the good players, I'm just calling out that the general is full of stupid players who aren't actually nearly as good as they think they are.
>>
>>28993979
How do you know they are not gud if you still need to git gud?
>>
>>28993959

That's impressive if you got it on a public trade.

Post a screenshot.
>>
>>28994021
Because it takes one to know one, and if I'm a shitter who doesn't know what he's talking about, I can definitely figure out when I'm watching a shitter who doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>28993183

I wonder what the Charizard and Mewtwo promos will go for...
>>
File: ok.png (14KB, 872x48px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
14KB, 872x48px
>>28994045
I actually bought it earlier than I remembered but still.
>>
>>28994138

>Roaring Skies

That is not '1' pack Bob. RS = 2 normal packs. Still not a bad price though.

I was talking about selling though. You can pretty easily sell Hoopa-EX for 4 packs. You'll have a tougher time doing that with Xerneas BREAK.
>>
>>28994138
>>28994176

Didn't mean to call you Bob - that's your trade partner. You're Bob from now on though.
>>
>>28994176
Nigga don't move the goalposts like that.
I'm not even in this conversation and I have to call you out on that because it was so blatant.
>>
>>28994253

Are you being serious?

>>28993921

>Hoopa-EX easily sells for 4 packs. Xerneas BREAK struggles to go for more than 3.

EXACT word 'sells'. It wasn't even that far up the conversation man...
>>
>>28994176
RS is 1.5 packs though
>>
>>28994253
PACKS DONT ALWAYS HAVE THE SAME VALUE FUCKING MORON

WHEN PEOPLE SAY X HAS AN Y PACKS VALUE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE LAST SET RELEASED

ITS SOMETHING BASIC, LEARN IT OR SHOVE YOUR MOUSE UP YOUR ASS

>>28994295
RS IS 1.5 FOR CHEAP CARDS AND 2 FOR EXPENSIVE CARDS, THE VALUE OF PACKS VARIES DEPENDING ON THE RARITY OF THE CARD YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>28994313

Shouty anon, I appreciate you backing me up here, but people don't like to admit a mistake when you're aggressive about it.
>>
I've never played pokemon tcg but im going through my gfs old cards to see if anything would sell, and aside from a holo charizard i found a sneasel with its name spelt wrong, would this sell or are misprints common/nobody cares?
>>
>>28994313
>RS IS 1.5 FOR CHEAP CARDS AND 2 FOR EXPENSIVE CARDS
does anyone except for autists actually give a shit?
you always want to significantly underprice when buying and overprice when selling
>>
>>28994385
ARE YOU KIDDING ME FUCKING SHITTER?

LEARN THE VALUE OF THE FUCKING CARDS.

SHAYMIN EX = 23 RS = 46 SS = 1RS:2SS

HOOPA EX = 2 RS = 3 SS = 1.5RS=2SS
YOU FUCKING SUCK AT TRADING YOU FUCKING MORON
>>
>>28994496
someone needs a snickers
>>
>>28994496
>actually trying to make fair trades
found the shitter
>>
File: EXAMPLES.png (326KB, 865x927px) Image search: [Google]
EXAMPLES.png
326KB, 865x927px
>>28994535
SO SHIT THAT I MADE OVER 300 SS PACKS OF PROFIT IN THE LAST MONTH
>>
>>28994585
Wait.
Are you that scammer?
>>
>>28994604
I AM NOT A SCAMMER, IM JUST A TRADE ARTIST
>>
>>28994585
Just gotta ask, after getting a set amount of cards what do you do with all the other packs?

Are you trying to get decks with only full arts?
>>
>>28994663
Yeah, got the FA Pokemon, FA and SR Trainers, CoL Energies and HGSS DCEs for my decks and opened the remaining packs I got, posted the scheme here when I was done with it since I got fed up with trading and wont do it ever again.
>>
>>28994286

Might have to adjust my trade ratios trading at this time of night. Being a Yuropoor trading during the day, trades where I profit usually take a couple of hours to go through.

Just had a trade at the exact same price I'd usually ask go through in <60 seconds. I guess Friday evening for the US is a good time to trade.
>>
>>28994368
Some people DO care, but it's not really easy to sell, and I personally don't know how much it'd be worth, if anything, since I don't care for it myself.

Try looking for sold listings of misprinted cards on ebay maybe? Even though I don't think it'll go for much since it isn't a rare card, not graded, not from a relevant set, etc
>>
>>28983465
>>28983498
>>28983534
>>28983550
>>28983558
>>28984161
>>28984169
>>28994313
>>28994496
>>28994585
>>28994632
>>28994705
So fucking done with this community. I've been the OP to many times, never again. Have fucking fun with your no new thread when the old ones die.
>>
>>28995031
You just gave one dude twelve (you)s
>>
>>28995031
GIT GUD FAGGOT
>>
>>28995056
He's cancer.
>>
>>28978168
obviously, Shaymin would help too. When you can afford to add one, of course. Two would be better. Three would be too many.
>>
>>28995031
I understand op, sorry to see ya leave, ya want something to be comfy but autists ruin it with their never ending conceited yapping

Anyways someone wanna open up a new thread?

I got 2 breakpoint packs a steam seige pack a breakthrough pack, a primal clash pack and im lookin to trade them for Mawile-EX's
>>
>>28995311
>>28995311

new
>>
>>28995031
>flouncing in an anon community.
>>
File: 20161007_210408.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_210408.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
hey faggots! if any of you live in Southern California (LA county/SB County) a lot of targets just restocked the Keldeo/Ray boxes! go get em!
>>
>>28995736
Thanks for the info, I'm SB here
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.