[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Features you don't care if they were cut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: brannigan-begin-again-2.gif (308KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
brannigan-begin-again-2.gif
308KB, 250x188px
Not features you hate, mind you. Features you feel are technically fine but don't think would be a loss if they weren't reintroduced

To me some are
-Inverse Battles
-Sky Battles
-Ribbons
-Super Training (hordes makes it faster anyway)
>>
I actually like Ribbons.

My favorite Pokemon have ALL OF THEM. And Super Training I prefer instead of hordes, since it's faster.

I agree with Inverse, Sky, Triple, Rotation.
>>
>>28961618
>super training faster than hordes
That's just wrong
>>
Mega evolutions
Sky Battles
Exp share all
O-Powers
>>
I wouldn't even notice if they got rid of Sky and Inverse battles because you have to go so out of your way to find them.
Although Inverse battles would be a great room for a return of the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28961676
>Exp share all
A single Blissey-Base brings most Pokemon to level 50 when using O-Powers, a Lucky Egg and Pokerus.
This can not be achieved with the regular Exp. Share.
>>
>>28961676
This is the correct answer
>>
>>28961571
I like Invers Battles and hope they stay.

I don't care if Sky Battles themselves one way or the other, but I hate all the awful flying models made to be compatible with it.
>>
>>28961728
Okay? Did you even read the thread? I don't care. I can listen to music while I grind, I'm not some autist who needs everything done immediately.
>>
>>28961571
Hordes don't give Reset Bags and don't allow you to see your pokemon's EVs.
>>
Everything after gen 1.
>>
Any new battle modes that came after doubles
>>
File: machamp nice meme.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
machamp nice meme.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>28961792
>>
>>28961647
You can have a completely ev trained level 1 pokemon in like 20minutes tops
>>
>>28961850
Really? How it takes me like 30 minutes? How do?
>>
>>28961571
Sky battles could go no problem.

I suprisingly agree with Super Training. I always set myself up with berries for resets, and horde training is way faster. And it looks like Sun/Moon are bringing back Join Avenue style EV increase/reduction (which was so damn quick)

O-Powers seem neat, but I so rarely use them, so again, wouldn't care.

Exp-All can go, it can stay, I know what to do with it.

I like Inverse battles and ribbons though, I'd want them to stay
And I think rotation is more fun that singles
>>
Sky battles.
>>
Inverse, sky and rotation battles

The video stuff, like in bw2 and xy
I really hope they bring back contest ribbons and secret bases but they probably won't
>>
Mega evolution

Before I played Gen 6, I thought the idea was horrible, but since playing it, I feel average about the concept.
>>
>>28961861
In ORAS there are areas where all the pokemon that appear in hordes give the same EVs, simply go to those areas with a pokemon with pokerus and equiped with the corresponding power item use sweet scent and kill the horde.
>>
>>28961850
Have a high level run through every one to access all super trainings usually you'll get a lot of punching bags that way
Then run through whatever values ones you want and build up to higher levels occasionally using up punching bags

I had a fully ev trained sylveon by level 2
I think it's easier and quicker than looking for hordes
>>
>>28961864
Could you explain Join Avenue and how it involved EV training Pokemon? I missed out entirely on Gen 5 and would like to know because people keep comparing it to the Festival Plaza.
>>
>>28961969
Meant to reply to
>>28961861
>>
>>28961861
Pokerus, doubles total EV gain
Power Items, give +4 of given stat per encountered foe
Expshare, lets you train your mon without sending it into battle
Use sweet scent to encounter a low level horde of 5 mons, kill quickly with spread move
There, now you gained (1+4)*5*2 = 50 of 254 EV in under a minute.
>>
>>28961959
Hmmm
It does sounds faster, if you have everything and if you are training straightforward, like speed and attack, just two.
But what if I want specific evs in one stat and another number in a different one. I feel supertraining helps with that.
>>28961992
Ive done that and it still takes me 30 minutes ant most.
Do you guys start at lvl 2 right of the bat or at lvl 1?
>>
>>28962028
>>28962028
So it would take 15 minutes of horde battling to fully ev a poke.
Ok im trying this now
>>
>>28962079
if you want to speed it up, turn battle animations off
>>
>>28961975
Join Avenue basically allowed you to recruit people into running "shops"

The more people you got coming to Join Avenue, the higher level the "shop", the more you could buy from it.

One of the "Shops" was a Dojo. At the beggining level, you could do programs such as Hp/ Def/ Speed Training Lvl 4
Wherin $6,000 would instantly give your selected pokemon 4 HP EVs.
Once you got a Dojo to level 10, it would be able to sell you up to 64 EVs in a stat at a time. However it would still also sell the 32/16/4 EV training levels.
So one Dojo could probably max out two stats instantly if you had the cash on hand.
Once you have 3 dojo's focused on different stats, you could max out any stat on a poke instantly once a day (if you had the cash).

Incidentally cash was a very easy commodity in the postgame.

So yeah, so time and effort investment in Join Avenue literally allowed instant EV training.
The only real drawback is you could only buy each training session once a day, but it never hindered me much.

There was also a shop which would drop all your EVs from max instantly. And near instant egg hatching. And a shop that gave you good chances at multiple Sacred Ashes.
I even knew one person who filled their whole Avenue with raffles until they got loads of Master Balls.

Join Avenue was great.
>>
>>28962229
Oh, the dojo also did a semi-limited instant levelling. It'd take a stupid number of days/ dojo's to get something from lvl1-50, but it was handy for doing the last 10 or so.
>>
File: 1460829065946.png (100KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1460829065946.png
100KB, 500x489px
>>28961571

Following Pokemon.
>>
Mega Evo
Stone Evo
Trade Evo
Dual battle
>>
>>28962229
>cheesing the game to ridiculous levels is great

Thanks, i'll pass, i like playing games instead of pressing A to hatch all my eggs into lvl100 perfect EV pokemon
>>
>>28962336
You still had to earn it and work up to it

Hence the magnemite coil

The game rewarded you for interacting with trainers
>>
>>28961571
-alolan pokemon
-pokemon specific z-moves
everything else can stay or even come back.
>>
>>28962336
The grind to level 10 a shop was real anon. The most you could get pre E4 was minor bonuses (and no egg hatchimg). Even postgame it was an investment.

Also this was pre IV breeding days. Getting those max IV mon was a laborious project for the dedicated few, so easier EV training for that hard won mon from my heavily invested avenue felt justified.
>>
>>28962034
Most Pokémon only give one EV in a horde (2 if pokérus is in effect) and a power item increases by a set amount.

You also can get away with just killing two or three Pokémon and running from the battle.

There are several guides that are straightforward

When done correctly, you can get 50 IVs in one stat. Do that five times for 250, and then just knock one out without a power item, and get a full 252 in just few minutes if you're unlucky.
>>
I actually forgot sky battles exist, that's how little I care about them.
>>
>>28961676
>not missing Hatching 3 O-power gone
Have fun wearing out your circlepad.

Why can't they just have an in-game treadmill to walk in place on? O-power would still make it faster though
>>
>>28961571
Sky, inverse, triple, rotation, the half of unovamon that aren't neat, mon genders, clothing, secondary rivals, UBs, Bewear...

I'm sure there's more, but that's everything off the top of my head.
>>
>>28961779
You can check super training without actually using it. Just set it to your bottom screen while horde farming.
>>
>>28961571
>Super training out
>"I don't want to see my Pokemon's ev points."
>>
>>28962795
>Why can't they just have an in-game treadmill to walk in place on?
What're you even talking about? Stick a dime under your stick and afk hatch circling around Luminose in XY or the Battle Resort.
>>
>>28962028
Assuming it gives you a horde of the right mon.

If not you'll be stuck running away and spamming sweet scent over and over til you do.
>>
Genies
>>
>>28962370
>magnemite coil
?
>>
>>28961571
-Customization
-Amie

I know it would be a loss for a lot of people, but it really doesn't matter to me what my character looks like, I mean it's nice to have the options but I'm just as happy with a default.
Amie I literally spend 1 minute in then I don't touch it again.
>>
>>28962929
>Stick a dime under your stick

>>Have fun wearing out your circlepad.
>>
>>28962929
Wasn't in oras, correct?
>>
>>28962990
Again, what are you talking about? Do you have some Chinese knockoff stick that keeps popping off? Just because your big American hands broke the stick off playing Smash doesn't mean Pokemon was the cause.
>>
>>28963007
Battle Resort trick was in ORAS
>>
>>28962974
In gen V, the japs set up magenemite for magnemite trades on the gts so you could get more people into your Join Avenue and level up without tediously looking for *something* to trade.

It worked pretty well, rest of the world adopted it, You could get a new person in every few hours just by depositing, and if you wanted a few more, you did some trading.

Magnemite is still really popular in Japan because of it, it was set up as a pun as magnemites japanese name is "coil" (also could be found easily in an early game route.)

Only time the GTS worked well really.
>>
>>28962305
Oh yeah. I always thought it was neat but nothing mindblowing
>>
Inverse battles
Sky Battles
Super Training
O-Powers
Triple battles (BUT NOT ROTATION)
Battle videos
>>
>>28961850

You can also e.v train an entire party at once via hordes (although all 6 instead of 5 is impractical)
>>
>>28963037
I don't get it. Why magnemite? Why not some other early route mon? Does magnemite specifically made it faster or something?
>>
>>28962028
Low as fuck exp though, and not all hordes give out the same pokes. Plus without super training it's hard to keep track of the exact specific ev amount of your pokes and where does it go
>>
>>28963833

Hordes are consistent enough to be reliable. There's only a few specific ones which give different Pokemon (like Seviper/Zangooze), it's not randomized when other Pokemon will appear.

As for >>28962034 wondering about controlling specific amounts, what I do is attack enough hordes until I need fewer than 50 points and super train the remainder. Still quicker than super training from scratch. And once you're working on the last stat, just attack hordes until it's maxed out.
>>
Soaring. Dexnav.
>>
Following Pokemon. Impracticable, stupid looking, and pointless.
>>
>>28961571
unnecessary hm slavery.
im so glad we dont need to keep shitbirds for flying or mons for surfing.
Possibly also rockclimb/strength
Pokéride made pokemon great again.
>>
>>28964398
(You)
>>
>>28963799
The mon didn't matter. What mattered is that everyone was asking for the exact same mon for that mon. So you could repeatedly fire off the magnemites you received back into the system with little effort

Magnemite just happened to be the one that caught on.

These days you'd just spam wonder trade.
>>
>>28964398
>Dexnav

No, fuck you. Dexnav is the best method we have for finding HAs. Unless they remove that shit mechanic and just let pokemon have 3 abilities they can't remove it.

I don't want to have to depend on random pokemon showing on in Isle Abeens which is how I'm sure they'll distribute some of the HAs.
>>
Held Item trade evos.
>>
Happiness evos
>>
>>28961571
Pokemon Leagues and Gyms
>>
>>28964189
Visible EVs are a neat feature though.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.