[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's pretty clear that we will soon have over 1000 Pokemon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (629KB, 2058x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
629KB, 2058x956px
So it's pretty clear that we will soon have over 1000 Pokemon, even if Game Freak keeps making barebones dexes like they did in Kalos. This begs the question: How many Pokemon is too many? Do you think Game Freak would ever "cull" unpopular, redundant, or unmerchandisable Pokemon, perhaps with fan input? Which Pokemon would you cull, and why?
For me:
>Mr. Mime
Weird name, scares children, looks too human to be a Pokemon
>Early route birds/rodents/pikaclones
Too redundant, shitty, unloved
>Finneon and Luminieon
Forgettable Pokemon thread all-stars, boring typing, are LITERALLY just bioluminescent fish, which are super boring and TOO realistic
>>
>>28957650
is infinity a big number? infinity.
>>
>>28957650
>Do you think Game Freak would ever "cull" unpopular, redundant, or unmerchandisable Pokemon, perhaps with fan input?
Never ever ever ever. I expect their response to the suggestion would be somewhere between absolute disgust and abject horror.
>>
>>28957650
Masuda said he wouldn't do that. He knows every pokemon is someone's favorite(mr.mime is my sisters favorite pokemon)
>>
>>28957650
this would be the nail in the coffin for me
>>
>>28957650
>early birds
Yeah like talonflame kek

>finneon luminieon

But I think their designs are great? Too bad they are typing/stat wise bad
>>
File: disgusting.png (74KB, 179x217px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
74KB, 179x217px
>>28958917
>>28958937
>There is someone, somewhere, whose favorite pokemon is barbaracle
>>
>>28958963
That person is probably the person who designed it.
They are probably the ONLY person who likes it.
>>
>>28958963
It got 430 in the Japan vote
At least 100 people have it as their favorite pokemon
>>
>>28957650
>Do you think Game Freak would ever "cull" unpopular, redundant, or unmerchandisable Pokemon, perhaps with fan input?
No.
>Which Pokemon would you cull, and why?
I wouldn't.
>>
>>28958963
>NOT LIKING BASED BARBARACLE
GET OFF MY INTERNET
Not my absolute favorite, but a really rad 'Mon.
>>
They would never dare. I guess I wouldn't erase any mon either, I just wish they did more alternate evos like in gens 2 and 4. I've always felt Togekiss wasn't a worthy design, I'd love to see GF take another crack at a Togetic evo. Same with Haunter and Dragonair, not that I dislike Gengar or Dragonite.
>>
>>28958963
I get disliking Binacle, it's an uncomfortable-looking mon... but Barbaracle is straight-up badass, looks just like a tokusatsu villain.
>>
>>28957650
>Mister Mime literally invented light screen
>You want to remove him

Just get rid off the new alolahala starters
>>
>>28957650
Watch as Generation 9's pokedex ends at #999
>>
>>28958963
BArbaracle is fucking aweseome, wanna fight brah, I have five hands to bitchslap you with, and they'er all crustaceans. WE can't type very well either,
>>
File: 13298060.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
13298060.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>>28958983
I like barbaracle.
>>
>>28957650
Talonflame, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Noctowl and Swellow. Noone of these is unpopular.
>>
And on the subject of Lumineon, it's not the most popular Pokemon, because it's basically Seaking. It's the Seaking of the games when Pokemon was only JUST starting to become popular again, and no one's that big a fan of Seaking. But it's a thing and I'm sure someone likes it, and you don't have to be someone's favorite to be good.
>>
>>28957650
I think of 12 or 13 generations (zodiac theory) and 1500 (or 1501) pokemon total
>>
>>28957650
Remove Mr. mime
Remove the genies or just make it one big genie based off lakithunder
Remove a good chunk of Gen 4 and 5 legendaries
Make different forms and gender pokemon one and the same (Make a new firefly name thats like volbeat if male and illumise if female) to cut down the numbers
Make future renditions of old Pokemon either megas or regional variants

This should help ease the numbers but I wish I knew of more ways
>>
>>28960873
If we're talking about how to reduce numbers, making similar Pokemon, like Carnivine and Bellsprout line, or Minun and Plusle, or many other things, into the same lines, and counting only all line as only one Pokemon, like we'd cont both a tadpole and a frog as one animal, we could easily cut down on numbers.
Make the names current individual Pokemon have colloquial ones, and give the Pokemon we have now Scientific Latin names.
Then add stuff like baby forms for Pokemon like Torkoal.
>>
File: 1456700877295.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456700877295.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>28957650
11,520. This is how many Pokemon there'll be.
>>
>>28958963
Barbaracle is kind of funny but Binnacle was a fucking disgrace.
>>
Lickilicky doesn't need to exist.
>>
File: naruto-musical-cast-5.jpg (57KB, 550x389px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-musical-cast-5.jpg
57KB, 550x389px
>>28960846
You mean 14, because in addiction to zodiac animals we also have a fox and an echidna
>>
Fuck you op, I love finneon
>>
>>28957650
Isn't Lumineon the Light type eeveelution?
>>
>>28957650
I have this, but in pillowcase form
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.