[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it has to KO something to change form well fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1475589129707.png (1MB, 1124x608px) Image search: [Google]
1475589129707.png
1MB, 1124x608px
>it has to KO something to change form
well fuck
>>
Does it have Protean before that? Cause if so that's not that hard.
>>
>>28955153
Nope, The form change is its ability
>>
>>28955153
It has Battle Bond, the ability that let's it change form when it KOs something.
>>
File: 1475475604643.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1475475604643.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>yfw it gets Defeatist after transforming
>>
>>28955092
It's not like it can't net KOs without Protean.
>>
>>28955214
that would make fucking sense why ash lost
>>
>>28955247
Protean is literally the whole reason to use is competitively.
>>
>>28955247
So what can it beat without Protean? even with Torrent?
>>
>>28955324
Everything?
>>
>>28955324
A lot of shit. An anon did a full rundown in one of the other ten threads about this.
>>
So is this going to be a second hidden ability, or will only this one be able to have battle bond.
>>
>>28955339
but its defenses are terrible, and can be outsped by choice scarfers
>>
>>28955373
I'm predicting spiky-eared picture / cosplay pikachu treatment.

Only one of its kind, nontransferable to gen8.
>>
I can't believe they're actually calling it ash-greninja.
>>
>>28955439
Protean doesn't benefit against Choice Scarfers, though.

Do people even know what Protean does?
>>
>>28955439
same can be said about Protein Greninja
>>
>>28955324
a good bit. Note that Greninja generally ran both Scald and Dark Pulse, two moves that got no bonus with Protean. This means its ability only actually helped half its moveset.
It won't be one-shotting a full HP Dragonite anymore, maybe, but that scald isn't doing any less damage than it already was.
>>
>>28955439
Scarf it right back?

>>28955463
Make it survive the second hit by giving it better typing.
>>
>>28955439
Protean and Battle Bond Greninja have literally the same stats, so that's irrelevant. Ash-Greninja's description does state though that its legs become much more powerful which implies it gets even faster, so if you get a KO on something weakened, or naturally weak to water/dark then you'll get possibly +mega stats.
>>
>>28955463
>>28955497
but it wont have protean if it wants to be Ash-greninja
>>
>>28955153

>>28955314
well yeah, Protean is basically a free Sheer Force or Choice Band/Specs on every single attack AND lets you pick up niche immunities. Thats like saying Scizor-M is bad because it lacks a Choice Band which was the whole reason to use it competitively.
>>
>>28955596
Its only a free Sheer Force or Spec/Band on Ice Beam and Gunk Shot though. it'd get stab on Scald and Dark Pulse, the other two common moves naturally.
>>
ITT People who don't know anything but tier lists
>>
>>28955092
So now the question is would it be possible to get a legit shiny version of it?
>>
>>28955092
So everyone realizes that the real leaks have been more legit than the Chinese ones, right?
>>
>what is a late game sweeper
you just know this guy is gonna get absurd stat increases with the new form
it will be a beast
>>
>>28955658
>Its only a free Sheer Force or Spec/Band on Ice Beam and Gunk Shot though
what, thats not what protean does
>>
>>28958073
Greninja already had absurd stats from a 30% boost from its item and a 50% boost from its ability on all its moves though

You'd have to have enough of a stat increase to not only compensate for that, but also be better than it because the transformation leaves you with no ability and your item isn't nearly as effective as it would be on a protean set.

If you wanted a lategame sweeper there are a ton of better Pokemon for that job.
>>
>>28955092
>literally beats every protean greninja when an opponent has it online

How is it good again? I can KO it in one blow.
>>
>battle bond
its shit. Protean for life
>>
>>28958119
I was replying to what someone else said, who claimed it was basically like that.
Protean simply changes Greninja's type to match the move used. Thus the only moves on Greninja's usual moveset that benefit is Ice Beam and Gunk Shot, since Scald and Dark Pulse have stab regardless.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.