[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Typing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: owl.jpg (970KB, 2352x1590px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
970KB, 2352x1590px
So whats wrong with grass/flying?
>inb4 ice shard herrrppp durrr

rock attacks didnt stop talonflame from being viable
>>
>>28952484
>implying that talonflame would have been nearly as viable without gale wings
>ignoring the fact that talonflame has 3 weaknesses, while grass/flying has 5, and that talonflame has 6 resistances, while grass/flying has 3
>>
>>28952484
Honestly its not that bad, Shaymin-S got along well enough. Tropius is a sad case, I hope they give him an Alolan form or an evolution.
>>
>>28952484
Most of /vp/ is dumb as dogshit when it comes to competitive. The concept of switching and team synergy doesn't exist to them.

Grass/Flying played offensively is good. Grass/Flying played defensively is poor considering its only resistances are 4x Grass, Water (which usually packs Ice), and Fighting (which usually packs Ice Punch). And there's also an immunity to Ground, which often packs Stone Edge. It's extremely likely Rowlet's line will play offensively based on its function as an archer, so Grass/Flying isn't really that bad as long as it either hits hard enough or has the appropriate coverage.
>>
File: 1474078382502.gif (299KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1474078382502.gif
299KB, 493x342px
>inb4 ice shard herrrppp durrr

>rock attacks didnt stop talonflame from being viable

there were no rock priority moves talonflame had to deal with, and it had gale wings
>>
>>28952836
>what is switching
18+
>>
>>28952956
>what are weaknesses to 3 common attacking types
>>
>>28952836
>Le South park.jif

you have to be over 18 to post here
>>
This thread and everyone in it is what's wrong with /vp/. Including me.
>>
File: 1475709436514.gif (503KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1475709436514.gif
503KB, 1024x576px
>>28952836
so does that mean lycanroc is a counter to talonflame?
>>
>>28953017
>.jif

I think that'd be you, you actual idiot
>>
>>28953114
I know it's gif, dipshit.
>>
Luckily Rowlet's final evo isn't Grass/Flying.
>>
>>28953245
Luckily you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>28952484
>Weak to everything
>Grass STAB is useless
>Stealth rock
>>
>>28953259
Far as I know, no credible leak has claimed that is the typing.
>>
I dont see the point of these threads. You all know its going to get mediocre/dogshit stats and a middling to lackluster movepool; even more obvious since its a grass starter not named Sceptile (who also is shit).

The only thing going for Rowlet is its potential HA, which we all know wont be good or on the level of Gale Wings/Protean. Just let this bird die in peace
>>
ice shard herrrppp durrr
>>
File: whatswrong.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
whatswrong.gif
726KB, 446x251px
>>28953439
>herrrppp durrr
>>
>>28953085
Is this even a fucking question

Holy fuck /vp/, I fucking hate you.
>>
>>28953634
don't worry, /vp/ will get deleted soon
>>
>>28953405
thats exactly is the point, you can dissmiss him when the HA is an actual garbage. Until then fuck you
>>
>>28953979
HA will be garbage though, dont even pretend it wont
>>
>>28954040
yeah thats what everyone said about snivy and froakie
>>
>>28954060
They'll break the combo at some point. Froakie's HA came through the friend safari which isn't returning, while Snivy's came through a distribution. The odds of them redistributing a starter from current gen is slim, unless that starter makes it big in another movie/game/whatever, which Rowlet and the others probably wont.
>>
>>28953312
The middle evo is Grass/Flying, they wouldn't go from Grass --> Grass/Flying --> Some other typing
>>
>>28954139
rowlet is grass/flying
>>
>>28954139
because robin hood is flying
>>
>>28952982

>What are Ice Shard, Draco Meteor, and Moon Blast

People still cum buckets over flying dragons with 4x Ice weakness. If Robin Hoot has strong attack and a sick custom Z-Move/Battle Bond form, it'll be fine.
>>
>>28954139
Rowlet is Grass/Flying.

And Alolan Marowak throws all the rules out the window.
>>
>>28952484
it needs a good hidden ability and either good stat distribution and decent STABs and maybe one or two coverage moves, or usable stats and a great movepool.
Let's say it has greninja stats; Brave Bird/Hurricane + possible grass signature move + U-turn/Swords Dance + coverage/Sub/whatever
I'd say it'll be at least UU. I'm sure I'll use it in VGC
>>
>>28953405

Actually, it's stats will NOT be garbage. Starters assure they're at least above decent and usable.

Grass is not good offensively, but it has access to good support moves. It will probably have access to one recovery move from either typing,

Although I concur that without knowing its HA we're getting way too ahead of time.
>>
>>28953661
Let's not talk about that. The silent dread lurking over me these past days is starting to eat at my sanity.
>>
>>28954486
Actually, a lot of starters have a high BST, but their distribution sucks. They usually need a good typing or a good typing to make them worth it, sometimes both.
>>
>>28954486
Watch them make it a bulky mon with 100 or less speed
>>
>>28954139
Rowlet is Grass/Flying. We've done a shitty dual typed grass starter that stayed the same way back in Gen 1. Hoping for something different.
>>
>>28954463
How about its HA is delta stream then give him a higher damage priority grass and flying move
>>
>>28952484
>rock attacks didnt stop talonflame from being viable
That's cause he was a priority killer.
I really doubt this guy will be. Unless he literally gets Gale Wings as his HA.
>>
as long it have any good fighting move
im ok with it
>>
>>28954486
Its obviously gale wings, starters now get top tier ha
>>
>>28955306
>implying Magician is a top tier ha
>>
>>28955335
>stealing the enemies life orb, left overs, focus sash is bad
>>
>>28952572
>The concept of switching and team synergy doesn't exist to them.
This is so fucking true. Basically if your Pokemon can't solo your opponent's team, it's shit.
>>
>>28952484
It's an awful typing. It's not a death sentence or anything, I can see Robinhoot being viable, but it basically has to be a really good Pokemon in spite of it.
>>
>>28955685
Knock off is better with Magician you have to use an item less Pokémon to make use of Magician and you have to rely on the opponent having a decent item to steal.
>>
>>28956160
if gems were still a thing, I think magician would be somewhat better, but as it is, it's not worth it
>>
>>28956160
>>28956202

White Herb+Solarbeam is a thing.
Magician is still unreliable though.
>>
>>28956897
well yeah, but after that you have a useless moveslot. with a fire gem fire blast you do a lot of damage to something and also take their item. I agree it's unreliable, but it'd be something
>>
File: raw.gif (832KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
832KB, 400x224px
>>28955990
it's vogue among retards on this board to act like switching can solve all your problems. go win an ubers match with NU pokemon by ~just switching~. some pokemon have bad abilities/typings/stats/moves and are worse than others, sorry honey
>>
>>28952565
Shaymin S has 600 BST and a 60% flinch rate.

Rowlet3 won't be that lucky.

It will probably be pretty mediocre, unless it has a great HA. Fast offensive Flying is always decent, at least.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.