[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resurface of the possibility of split evolutions for starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: catcat.jpg (41KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
catcat.jpg
41KB, 620x620px
Rockruff:
>Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

Brionne:
>Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.

Dartix:
>Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it’s also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever.

Torracat:
>Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

These passages have been chosen because they share a common theme: Related, contrasted traits. Rockruff is a pokemon who loves it's trainer pup with a rebelious side. He then focuses on one of them depending on whether it is midday or midnight form. It could be expected that the same might go for the starters. Brionne has the contrasting traits of happiness and sorrow, Dartix has the contrasting traits of dorkinness and narcissism; and Torracat has a contrast between it's brutal and childish traits. It should be noted that the other revealed pokemon don't have any emphasis on the contrasting traits in their personalities.
>>
interesting observation. i have personally kind of given up hope regarding split evos, but this is still cool
>>
>>28951694
bargainingfag
>>
I hope so
>>
>>28951850
I'll be fucking pissed if it turns out true, since I don't like the game exclusive evos thing. However, it's actually very likely as other revealed pokemon not having such passages hints at something going on with those traits.
>>
File: IMG_1219.png (21KB, 600x386px)
IMG_1219.png
21KB, 600x386px
>>28951694
I'm guessing Guess the split evos. I'm guess the leaked ones are for sun. Here is what I think for the other forms/evos
>brioone
A angry/edgy clown seal that has its face as a happy/ sad mask that changes when it looses Health almost exactly like pic related. Water/psychic
>dartrix
It gets too dirty and evolves into a grass/ground type. It stays on ground. It's hair has a bannana peak on it or something. It's a psysical attacker with high hp
>torracat
Evolves into a but epic fire/poison quadrupledal tiger with a volcano on its back. It erupts when it's angry. It often destroys environments when it doesn't get what it wants.It's slender because it will only eat certain/rare foods. Special attacker
>>
>>28951968
If we're going rockruff route, they would be very similar designs overall. Sort of like how rockruff evos look near the same with midnight being pretty much a standing midday.
>>
>>28951694
Good catch anon.

But another possibility is Bond forms.
>>
>>28952041
True, but it would give fans the possibility of having a quadruped fire tiger at least. Compromise would be welcomed.

So maybe the Sun forms are the more positive traits, while the Night forms would be the negative traits.
>>
>>28952091
I suspect the leaks are nerd, brutal and melancholy. So, we're missing snob, spoiled and cheerful.

A quadrupedal luchalitten would probably be luchalitten on all fours like how midday is a quadrupedal midnight.
>>
>>28951694
I liked the theory someone posted earlier that the form it takes depends on how much time you spend with it in amie.
>>
>>28952152
But both Lycanroc forms are different enough to be unique and acceptable in their own ways. Quadrupedal Litten3 would probably just be "bigger" Torracat.
Ultimately, I really want split final evo forms for the starters, if only for players to be given a reason to carefully choose the version they want to play. Version exclusives would actually matter for once.
>>
>>28951694
I really like this theory. Gives me a slight 10% chance of hope for split evos.
>>
>>28951955
There's still plenty of chances to tradeback online with someone with the opposite version, even on this board.
>>
Were there always "they're gonna do split evo starters THIS time!" posters before every game?
>>
>>28954264
no because the final stages didn't leak early enough for denialfags to angst over it and start making up silly theories about how they might be different
>>
>>28951694

Aren't you that faggot who mentioned that he got a girlfriend at the ripe old age of 19 so it was obviously possible for anyone to do it if they just believe?

I'm still mad at you, you little shit.
>>
Split evos aren't happening. Get over it, denalfag.
>>
>>28954264
>>28954280
Nor did we have that little tidbit about the starters sharing a "secret" with a non-starter Pokemon before.

Or starters having a secret in general, if you wanna go by the mistranslation.
>>
>>28954370
What WAS the correct translation, anyway?
>>
>>28951694
That Face...
>>
>>28954411
I can't say word for word, but paraphrased/summarized it said "Rockruff has a secret, and so do the starters!"
>>
>>28954370
Except the "secret" of Pokemon evolving. Remember that they start every Pokemon game assuming you don't know this and that it'll be a surprise to you somehow.
>>
>>28954370
>sharing

Fuck off with this mistranslation.
>>
>>28954478
Ok, GF may be making the games easier but I doubt they'd think we were THAT stupid/Naive

>>28954496
You don't know how to read, do you?
>>
>>28954462
Do we know what that secret is supposed to be yet?
>>
>>28954596
They do think that. Every game.
>>
This is a good theory, it would take some serious autism to not think that the idea of split evolution starters isn't neat.

Formula breaks are healthy for long series like this.
>>
>>28954731
Wanting something to be true has literally nothing to do with whether it is or not, divest yourself of this retardation
>>
>>28954792
Optimism is a good trait to have.

There is nothing more worthless than the "This will NEVER happen" posters.
>>
>>28954854
>bias clouding judgement

Go to bed, kid.
>>
>>28955008
You aren't the judge of anything. You're just some random anon no one cares about.
>>
>>28951694
I want to believe but
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/28553772/#28554141
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>28955240
Thank GOD. Fuck the split evo shit.
>>
File: levni yilmaz.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
levni yilmaz.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>28954312
I still don't have a girlfriend at the age of 29.
>>
>>28951694
I feel like people are looking too deeply into this secret. I'm pretty sure the secret is the starters will evolve through having a high bond in amie.
>>
File: Vandalize.png (76KB, 255x311px) Image search: [Google]
Vandalize.png
76KB, 255x311px
>>28955592
That would suck so much. Their secret is that they use a feature from fucking generation II (repackaged for gen VI, which means it's still a generation old). It would be like hyping up a pokemon's evolution method, for it to end up being using a fucking fire stone.
>>
>>28955642
Just look at the signs, bruh
>Descriptions of the midforms involve having a strong bond with them
>There were clips of each midevo in amie in this most recent video
>>
>>28952365

Bigger is better. Look at froakie just evolves into a bigger ninja frog. People ate it up.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 281x281px)
image.gif
2MB, 281x281px
>>28955740
What if Lycanroc and the final evos all have the same ability? Ohmori is all about breaking the rules and conventions so I wouldn't put it past him throw Blaze, Torrent and Overgrow under the bus. What would replace them you ask? Why...what other than
B A T T L E B O N D
>>
>>28955809
Also before you point it out. Yes, I know both Lycanroc's have confirmed abilities, but what's stopping the hidden ones :^)
>>
Please keep the Sun/Moon split to a minimum... I really don't want this to turn into Pokemon Normal vs Pokemon Edge
>>
I also noticed this, OP.

Even if I actually like the leaks, I would really love if there are split evos.
>>
I noticed the contradictory personalities too. I would love alternate forms (presumably by version, or day/night in general) but I really don't expect it.

If we do get two forms, I wouldn't hold your breath as to a quadrapedal Litt3n. That cat's standing up whether you like it or not. Torracat is nearly halfway to humanoid.

Looking at the leaked evos, I feel like hypothetical alternate forms would be a gloomier Poppl3o, a frazzled snob Rowl3t and Litt3n could either go steadier and calmer, or darker and more poisonous.
>>
>>28955892
>not wanting edgy popplio
>not wanting edgy quadrupled litten
>not wanting a hunting owl
Terrible taste
>>
>>28951694
I hadn't thought about it that way, but that's a very keen observation. The leaked final evolutions certainly seem to drop one of each of those themes completely. I wouldn't be surprised to see:
A prim and proper owl vs a goofy owl.
A cheery idol sealion vs a sorrowful siren.
and a brutal wrestler vs a playful big cat.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.