[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's improve Ice type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: icetype.png (66KB, 874x579px) Image search: [Google]
icetype.png
66KB, 874x579px
Bonus points if you make slow deffensive walls viable
>>
File: 1442977407601.jpg (14KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1442977407601.jpg
14KB, 170x170px
>making ice better at the expense of bug
`no`
>>
50% Defense Boost in Hail

Resists Water, Grass, Electric, Flying, Ground, Dragon, Fairy
>>
Hidden Ability: Frost Armor

Reduces damage taken by physical attacks by 50%,
>>
>>28939086
Make it directly resist everything at this point.
>>
Hail makes SE attacks deal only x1.5 to Ice types
>>
>>28939116
Steel resists 10 though
>>
Something something hail x1.5
>>
Reduce the accuracy and base damage of the current ice attacks.
Create new ice exclusive attacks with more power and accuracy
Hail reduces the speed of non-ice type pokemons by 1 stage, increases ice damage and reduces fire damage by 50%
>>
>freezing doesn't thaw unless fire moves or scald are involved
>freezing has either the damage aspect of burn or the immobilizing aspect of paralysis
>freezing cuts SpAtk in half
>an ice type equivalent of thunder wave and zap cannon are introduced
>>
File: 1473848840070.gif (15KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
1473848840070.gif
15KB, 60x60px
>people add it a shitton of resistances when Ice is supposed to be fragile
>stupid snowflake fan abilities
>quirky ridiculous buffs here and there
Just remove Rock weakness.
Period.

Ice being weak to Rock doesn't even make much sense in the first place. Permafrost can break rock just as much as rocks break ice. There's nothing particular about rocks than can break ice.
I suspect the only reason Rock weakness was added in gen 1 (the best gen for Ice) was to make Ice slightly worse, considering out of all the Ice types available, half of them were neutral to Fire (Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras) and the other half was neutral to Fighting (Jynx and Articuno), so they added one more weakness to try to make sure Ice types woudnl't be broken. We know now that that obviously didn't work since Ice was completely broken in Gen 1 thanks to ridiculous Blizzard mechanics.
When Gens 2 and 4 came out, Rock weakess started to make less and less sense, first by adding Steel (that basically fixed the problems Rock weakness tried to solve in gen 1) and then Stealth Rock (which basically only made shitty types even worse, like Bug and Ice).
Therefore, removing Rock weakness would not only make it so having Rock coverage wouldn't be enough in most battles (like for instance on a Ground type like Garchomp) but also wouldn't matter much on Rock types themselves since a) they're always on the shadow of faster Ground types so STAB doesn't really give them any edge, b) most Rock types already carry good coverage like Fire Punch (Golem for instance) and c) STAB would actually matter now for Rock types since without that weakness to exploit, that little extra bit of damage can actually be helpful for Rock types battling against Ice types.
(1/2)
>>
>>28939595
>Ice is supposed to be fragile
Try to punch an ice wall
>>
>>28939050
resist ground, water, ghost
new ice-exclusive ability that grants a fight immunity but lowers defense by one stage when it absorbs the attack, call it "supercooled" or "sub-zero" or something
nerf sneaky pebble by halving base damage but allowing it to stack to two layers
>>
>>28939595
(2/2)
Also consider not losing 25% of your health every time you simply come into game. This is huge. And since most Ice types are slow and bulky, not losing health is huge for them. Take Articuno, which without that weakness would simply lose another 25% instead of the 50% it loses now. Makes it much better, no? Maybe it can even try a Defog set, with such nice bulky stats and access to Roost. What about Regice, not losing that 25% can be a huge dealbreaker for such a bulky mon. Or Lapras and Jynx, a well predicted Water move from an opponent can allow them to switch in and safely recover the 25% they just lost via Water Absorb and Dry Skin. Cryogonal becomes a much better Rapid Spin user, it was already great thanks to being fast with nice Special stats and Levitate (meaning no damage taken from Spikes or Toxic Spikes), removing Rock weakness would do wonders for it. Or Avalugg, another Rapid Spin user with huge defense and Recover, this would be great for it too.
I could keep on naming Ice types. Dewgong and Walrein, Glalie and Froslass, Abomasnow, Glaceon, Beartic, Aurorus. All of them attackers that just don't make it because of poor speed. Sure, removing Rock weakness wouldn't exactly save them from being terrible, but it would stop hindering such horrible mons, no? This is always beneficial. Kyurem and Weavile, two examples of good Ice types, would appreciate this too, since one is not fast enough and the other is too frail to do too much. Cloyster would become more viable too. Mamoswine would turn a neutrality into a resistance. Rotom-Freezer could become actually scary by just having access to amazing STAB, while in decent health.

Removing Rock weakness would undoubtedly be better for every single Ice type we currently have in the game.

>>28939599
I don't have to. I can just wait for summer.
>>
>>28939595
>that gif

That brings me back.
>>
File: 1415176177508.gif (642KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
1415176177508.gif
642KB, 950x950px
>>28939616
Shit, forgot to add my second pic.
>>
>>28939595
>ice is fragile
Titanic says hello
>>
>>28939726
I'm pretty sure that's more like "ice can damage things" more than "ice can resist a boat" (which is didn't).
>>
The solution is not massively alter the type chart. The solution is make some Ice types that don't have garbage stats and abilities. Defensive Ice type will nearly always be outclassed by defensive water types. Only two Ice types above 100 speed and Froslass has shit offensive stats.
>>
>>28939050
Ice:
-now it resists Normal, Flying and Water
-it looses its Fighting or Rock weakness
-Hail boosts its physical defense by 50% and doesn't pelt Fire and Water types anymore.
Did I fixed it ?
>>
>>28940532
That doesn't help the TYPE, which is what OP said. Also you forgot Cryogonal. And Froslass isn't meant to be used offensively.
>>
Resists water, except scald and volcanion move dat they will became super efective.
No longer weakness no rock
>>
>>28940532
>Defensive Ice type will nearly always be outclassed by defensive water types.
And by normal-offensive water types too.
>>
Should Fire be immune to Ice?
>>
>>28943709
No
>>
>>28939133
Steel is also a godawful offensive type, faggot. Ice is a very good offensive type. You might as well just say "I want to make Ice OP". At least then you're being straight with us.
>>
>>28939050
>implying anyone will ever agree on how to improve Ice types
The easiest bandaid solution is for Gamefreak to make fast, strong Ice-types instead of the defensive shitmon they normally like churning out. Either that or pair Ice with typings that aren't absolutely terrible like Ground.
>>
Make it so Ice types have more than 1 ability. Something like 90% of them have Snow Cloak, which is defensive and thus sucks, but is also anti-fun and banned.

Give them a version of Chlorophyll and Solar Power for Hail.

Hail now parallels Sandstorm in that it grants Ice types 1.5x Defense the same way Sand grants Rock types 1.5x Special Defense.

Ice now resists Rock.
>>
Make Inverse Battles a game feature.
>>
Ice doesn't resist grass. What the fuck is that.
>>
File: perfection.jpg (813KB, 884x969px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.jpg
813KB, 884x969px
here's my perfect type chart

making ice types gain a defense boost in hail would be nice as well
>>
>>28945958
>nerfing grass
>>
Giving ice types a resistance to grass and bug isn't a good idea. Those types already aren't good offensively so it wouldn't be fair to make them even worse.

Usually types resist what they're super effective to.
Ice is super effective to grass, ground, flying, and dragon.

Grass is out of the question already, because it's already bad. Dragon is also out, because Fairy-types kinda balanced it out.

That leaves ground and flying types.

Also, I don't think water types should be neutral against ice-types, it ought to be half-effective.

tldr; Give ice types a resistance to either ground, flying, and/or water.
>>
>>28946041
why not dragon though??

as per >>28945998
>>
>>28946136
I think that Fairies really nerfed dragons down enough, but sure let's BTFO dragonfags even more.
>>
>>28946041
Water is too good as is, so having ice resist it would make the most sense.
>>
File: brr.jpg (63KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
brr.jpg
63KB, 450x550px
>>28939050

Make it resist Water, and make freeze now deal damage like basic poison.
>>
>>28946209
Yes, that's what I posted. Sorry for typing it out weirdly.
>>
>>28939050
Ice has absolutely no reason to be weak to FIghting, Steel and Rock attacks. In fact Ice should resist Fighting and Rock, and have 1x to Steel.
Make them weak only to Fire attacks.

>>28945998
I like this.
>>
>>28946191
dragons currently only have one offensive immunity and one nve. compare that to poison which has one offensive immunity and four nve. i think another would be fine.

dragon types still have by far the best bsts, great resistances, and great movepools.

alternatively flying would be okay though.
>>
>Resists

Flying: Birdspam is super good.
Fairy: I shouldn't even need to explain why
Water: FUCK MASUDA AND IT'S MARY SUE TYPE

>Remove
Rock weakness. It's just plain overkill.
Make freeze just be a guaranteed 3 turns no matter what. That it can theoretically go forever is fucking stupid.

>Give
Hail Rush
Hail Force
Hail ups Ice Types defense by 50% just like Sand does to Rock types.

I believe this reasonable enough.
>>
>>28946299
>dragon types still have by far the best bsts, great resistances, and great movepools.
Wow, it's almost like it's not the fault of the type but rather how nearly 99% of the dragons are +600 BST monsters instead.

You are as retarded as Masuda is.
>>
>>28939050
make it effective against water, since water fucking freezes
bugged me since i realized how stupid it is 5 years ago
>>
>>28946332
what's your solution? retroactively change the bsts of dragon type pokemon?

deriding an idea without offering a solution is called complaining.
>>
>>28946346
B-But water melts ice too!
>>
>>28946346
>>28946389
the moves scald and freeze-dry already kind of sum up this issue
>>
>>28946389
either: water effective against ice and ice effective against water
or: no effectiveness for both
but water resisting ice is bullshit
>>
>>28946386
How about making dragons with reasonable movesets and BST instead from now on instead of adding a new type that's actually even more broken than the type it is supposed to be stopping from being overpowered and that also nerfs the other things it is strong against more than the actual type it is supposed to be nerfing?
>>
>>28939050
>No longer weak to Rock
>Now resists Ground
>Hail now boosts the defense of Ice typed by 50%
>New hail couterparts to Sand Rush and Sand Force

Fixed
>>
>>28946411
>Scald
99% of Water Types learn it

>Freeze Dry
Only 11 Pokemon learn it.

Only 2 of those Pokemon have Sp Atk high enough for it to be viable on their movesets.

Sure solved that issue, huh? 10/10 balancing there Gamefreak
>>
>>28946477
what about the overpowered dragons that already exist? by nerfing the type rather than making more balanced pokemon going forward it allows for dragons to retain their signature features without having them run amok.

honestly making them nve against ice is barely going to change their play style anyways. it just helps ice types switch in against dragons and scare them away. the net result is simply a more useful ice type.
>>
>>28946509
>Also resists water
>Freeze dry now has 80 base power and better distribution, but only ice types learn it

Even better now
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.