[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people constantly complain about OR/AS being spoiled before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

File: 1475635654178.jpg (55KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1475635654178.jpg
55KB, 500x447px
>people constantly complain about OR/AS being spoiled before it was released
>while simultaneously saying how they want S/M to be leaked in it's entirety from datamining
>>
how much of a fucking pussy do you gotta be to throw up after drinking crystal pepsi.
>>
>>28937013
I got some special news for you anon

/vp/ isn't one person
>>
File: x board is one person.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
x board is one person.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>
>>28937050
That shit was nasty...
>>
>>28937050
it's 20 years old tho
>>
>>28937013
wow it's almost like different people have different opinions
>>
>>28937050
>20 year old
It's well past expired. That or he chugged it and it's too old to handle
>>
>>28937013
No OP, it doesn't work like that.
/vp/ isn't a single person, the people who didn't want ORAS leaked aren't the same people who want SM leaked.
>>
Don't you guys just wish you could go back to September 10th 2001~ for some Crystal Pepsi?
>>
>>28937099
Crystal pepsi died in 1993 you fuck
>>
>>28937077
Reddit please leave.
>>
>>28937013
Personally? I just want the First Island Dex to be leaked.

That way I can practice on Showdown with a planned team of mine.
>>
>>28937116
It's a 9/11 joke.
>>
>>28937013
It's obviously not the same people, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
The only tng that is sad is how few new pokemon we are getting
>>
>>28939429
So where are the people that dont want SM leaked? Did theey just vanish?

Or maybe /vp/ is full of contrarian faggots who change their minds depends on whether itss the promo season or not
>>
>>28937013
The difference is that S/M actually looks good and there's tons of new shit that are really intriguing.
I don't want to see the leaks but it's understandable.

The only thing ORAS leaked was the lack of content AGAIN, no wonder everyone got pissy.
>>
>>28939626
>lack of content AGAIN,

what lack of content are you talking about?

Post game? because SM so far has none
>>
>>28939638
Avenue alone already shits over gen 6.
We also got a facility confirmed, we don't know what it is tho.
>>
>>28939645
Wow that so much more content!!!

And the facility is Battle Royal.

OMG SO MUCH CONTENT

Guess you never played BW2, HGSS or Platinum if you think this is a lot of content
>>
>>28939654
Calm the fuck down anon, the one that mentioned post game was originally you.
There's a lot more shit to discover, including new pokemon, UB, the possibly wacky as shit story line, forms, etc.
Checking post game is just icing on the cake, the battle royal is a big assumption and there's no real link between those.
ORAS referenced a battle frontier being built so it's possible, and the game is not out, not even the demo is out, why are you comparing games that released ages ago and that we know all there is to know with a new game that's full of surprises so far?
I don't get this "let's defend or shift away shit from gen 6" mentality lately.
>>
>>28939654
Retard
>>
>>28939683
Because as of now we know everything abot the map, nothins is a secret anymore and there doesnt seem to be any post game places (you have to beat each island first to move to the other one thats confirmed). With Masuda saying they dont want to do long games its pretty obvious where we're going

More new Pokemon, Alola forms etc is just cool to discover but its not something that adds to the gameplay itself. Collecting is a part of each gen afterall

Most of the features are either revamps of 6 geen ones (customization, amie, poke ride, hyper training) or they're mainly online oriented (z-moves, plaza, Battle royal, megas). Most of those are gimmicks rather than actual gameplay.

The game night leak in 2 weeks with the demo. If GF had anything huge for end game or just some huge feature in their sleeves they'd show it to avoid leaks
>>
>>28939724
We don't know everything about the map, in fact on the IN GAME MAP the island layout is different and there's 2 big clouds almost the size of an island, one on the lower left and one on upper right if I remember.

Mind you, this is the in game map, there's a high chance there's something there
>With Masuda saying they dont want to do long games

Masuda is not the director anymore and he's not the main man calling the shots like in ORAS

>catching pokemon and different designs and species are not related to gameplay and vastly improve it/make it longer/more varied
>gimmicks, not actual gameplay
>they would spoil something to avoid it being leaked
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>28939724
how the fuck is online gameplay not actual gameplay

do you know how rare it is to be able to chuck in around 25 hours on a game main story and then have the ability to basically have endless gameplay even without online
>>
File: 1454075429321.jpg (31KB, 520x312px) Image search: [Google]
1454075429321.jpg
31KB, 520x312px
How long until stores have copies of SM?
>>
>>28939749
>Masuda is not the director anymore and he's not the main man calling the shots like in ORAS
Masuda is the producer, stop talking bullshit plus Ohmori WAS the director of ORAS

We'll see if you'll be happy with this kind of gameplay once SM comes out. If you're butthurt about XY and ORAS (and yopu clearly are) then i dont get where you see the difference between 6 gen features and 7 gen features. Appreantly now its cool content and lots of stuff to do but there it was nothing close to content
>>
>>28939765
>how the fuck is online gameplay not actual gameplay
So XY and ORAS had TONS of content then

Right?
>>
File: 1471630584660.jpg (43KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
1471630584660.jpg
43KB, 600x603px
>>28939787
>apparently it has cool content and lots of stuff to do
>but it's nothing close to content
Every fucking trailer just keeps showing more and more content, from fucking poke camera to new amie to new avenue to dress up to side missions and tons of other shit.
Like holy shit they even made boxed pokemon have gameplay.
Get that stick out of your ass
>>
>>28939796
Amie has no mini games anymore so they switched it to PC boxes
>>
>>28939773
I wanna know this too! PLEASE!
>>
>>28939803
Still lots of content retard
>>
>>28939824
6 also had a lot of content
>>
>>28939830
it really didn't, it felt like they just gave up halfway into the games
>>
>>28939839
it really didn't,
Oh yes it did, it had most stuff gen 7 gets but of course new gen updated them. Thing is people felt let down with the end game

Are you're absolutely sure that all the content reveal for gen 7 will be 10/10 no letdown
>>
>>28939796
Literally my mom's facebook game content
>>
>>28939724
I agree with you, anon. I'm hyped for S/M, but honestly after Gen 6 its starting to feel obvious that GF wants post-game to be just mostly online features.

Not seeing any hint of a lengthy post game feature yet and we're nearly a month from release.

I'm leaving this board as soon as the demo drops (or earlier if it leaks and gets datamined). I don't wanna go through the disappointment of ORAS again. I'll enjoy my main journey through Alola without you faggots.
>>
>>28939458
We seem to be getting more than XY. So maybe we'll reach at least Johto levels. And that's not counting alolan mon.
>>
>>28939654
>Plat
>HGSS
>content
Sorry, gimmicks need not apply.
>>
How can you "spoil" ORAS?

We spoiled it 10+ years ago when we played RSE
>>
>>28939803
We literally don't know if Amie has the minigame or not.
>>
>>28939645
Megas, Amie, Super Training, Fairies, Customization shits all over the barebones Gen V and its crippled "features"
>>
>>28937099
Ah yes, my 3rd birthday.
>>
>>28939626
"M-muh Battle Frontier..."
>>
>>28940685
Using meme expressions doesn't invalidate the fact that lack of BF in ORAS is a pretty valid complaint and that the game suffered from the lack of content
>>
>>28937013
its almost as if /vp/ is a large collection of different people with varying opinions

but that just fucking crazy talk
>>
>>28940685
>implying a postgame that was basically "fly to this location for absurdly easy battle, repeat 10x" and "find random legendary when you fulfill this arbitrary condition would have qualified as content regardless of whether or not there was a Battle Frontier
>>
>>28940685
>this shit again

I pirated ORAS and deleted it once I finished the league. There's literally NO reason why I should play more of that shit game.

>b-b-b-b-but muh online
It will become irrelevant once SM comes out.

Bad single player content
Bad multi player content soon

Might as well just play emerald with fucking romhacks
>>
>>28939605
>did theey just vanish?
Wow! It's almost like they don't want to be spoiled!
>>
>>28940710
>and that the game suffered from the lack of content
Content that you don't like =/= lack of content.
The Maison takes as much to complete as Platinum's Frontier.
>>
>>28940821
Objectively untrue, and I'm not particularly sure why you're bringing the Platinum BF into the discussion. We're talking about the Emerald one, not sure why you'd bring that up
>>
>>28940783
This.

>It has been confirmed that the Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will close at 00:00 UTC on Tuesday November 1st 2016 ahead of the update for Pokémon Sun & Moon on November 18th 2016. After this, in addition to the Pokémon Global Link & all features within being inaccessible, you will be unable to Game Sync or go on Rating Battle on Battle Spot in the games. All other online functions, including the GTS, Wonder Trade and Free Battle on Battle Spot will remain accessible.

Also, there's the fact that online support for the 3DS might stop when its successor is out, just like it happened with the NDS.
>>
>>28940876
This
>>
>>28940861
>Objectively untrue
It's not.

>and I'm not particularly sure why you're bringing the Platinum BF into the discussion
Because it's a postgame activity, postgame activities and what they have/lack is what these posts are talking about.
>>
>>28940876
SM's features are more quality of life changes, and less gimmicks.
>>
>>28940918
But it is. Platinum's BF has more modes, better bosses, and a more complete facility system, not a shitty house in the middle on nowhere with a bunch of drop menus.

And once again, we're talking about Emerald vs ORAS. The fact you avoid talking about Emerald's BF speaks volumes about how hollow the Maison is by comparison
>>
>>28940952
muh modes and muh bosses isn't an argument. How much fun you have doesn't change that the amount of battle to reach goals is the same.

>The fact you avoid talking about Emerald's BF speaks volumes about how hollow the Maison is by comparison
Because Platinum's Frontier has less battles compared to Emerald, you retarded fuck, so it's more comparable.

Maybe try to understand the discussion that is going on before randomly posting what you have in mind.
>>
>>28937013
execute all dataminers

pure scum
>>
>>28940385
Every new mega was announced in official promo before release and the datamine revealed there was nothing else. Some people had hope that they just didn't put all the post-game content in the demo but the promo and datamine really proved they blew their entire load. Everyone knows the story of gen 3 already, it would've been nice if they left us some new secrets. It's a shame.
>>
>>28941047
>it would've been nice if they left us some new secrets
I think that's what the Delta Episode and Hoopa rings were for.
>>
The retards ITT who think there are no content in SM need to learn comprehension or are too autistic to understand what's in front of them
>>
>>28941072
They also announced the Delta Episode in late promo material before ORAS released. Wasn't much of a secret, especially since they left the trainer data for Zinnia in there
>>
>>28941127
I think people are just cautious after gen 6 now and don't wanna get their hopes up. X/Y also seemed content-rich until like a third through the the game
>>
>>28941170
Yes and also most people who think SM is 10/10 forgets that all the content they have reveal so far is either main game oriented or online oriented.

Sure its rich but so far there's literally nothing even implying any post game activity. BP points will most likely be obtainable through Battle Royal
>>
>>28941170
There are superficial gimmicks like Amie, Wonder Trade, PSS and Friend Safari which being on the surface people got hyped over and fell for like a really well made lawyer scam. Its admirable given how rushed the games were so you'd think GF wouldnt have put so much effort into doing so. Id say Megas were along the same lines in terms of a marketing tool but its ingrained in gameplay so its pretty significant. The problem being though is that it only made power creep stronger than ever before.

If you were to remove all the ''''''features'''''' and study the base of the game itself, like a skeleton, you'd see how amateur X and Y really was in comparison to older gens.

The pacing was fucked. The game tricks you into thinking that overly ardous and long, LONG trip from gym 2 to gym 3 is a sign of things to come, but its just fuckawful pacing and youre shoosed through the right side remaining circle of Kalos in a loop of desaturated sights and baffling game design decisions (The badlandd, the mamoswine/rhydon route, that cut rhyhorn race track, that "spooky" shed with the old man).
The difficulty is a slap on the face. NPCs literally carry Pokemon that know 1 to 2 moves. To exacerbate this handholding are your alien '''''friends''''' that bug you every step of the way and hound you, coming off more as creepy and badly written characters than anything Id call a friend. The way they just sort of drag you into their little disneyland chaperone group at the start and elect to nickname you a pet name.

Thats all X and Y is to me really. Just a really bland automated rip to Disneyland. Might as well have had Professor Sycamore on a megaphone detailing all the Kalos landmarks on a golf cart like a fake-happy tourist trap guide.
>>
>>28937013
I want some surprises going into SM but if the demo gets datamined, so be it.

/vp/ isnt one person, OP. Don't be a faggot.
>>
So what do you cucks actually want from a postgame? What specifically makes a postgame good to you?

I'm guessing something like Battle Tower/Frontier with different types of battles (rental, single type etc)

Personally I quite liked the Looker quest from XY. Sure it wasn't super long but it ate up a bit of time.
>>
>>28941975
fun, original battle facilities with interesting characters. Aditionally lots of small situations that are related to the main story but not actually part of it, like the battle with Alder in B2W2.
>>
The only issue with ORAS being datamined was it revealed how we knew pretty much everything about it already except things that weren't there that everyone was expecting.

Either way, I say bring on the datamine, I want to know all the new Pokemon if we can.

>>28940881
DS online only died because the company who hosted the servers shut down all their gaming servers and unlike other games hosted with them, there was no way to officially patch DS games to connect to different servers.

>>28941975
An ideal Z for me would've given every important character from rivals to gym leaders a Looker Bureau sized quest to flesh out their character and the setting with either a new dungeon not in XY or a big expansion to a pre-existing one at the end of it. Also a brand new Frontier.
>>
>>28941975
Replayability.

A shitty post game thats more at home being a sidequest or a chapter like Lookers Quest or Delta Episode has zero replayability as an end of the game reward. Battle Facilities can be playe over and over again to get rewards and fight post game bosses. Think of TTYD and the Pit of 100 trials. Its something you keep playing until you git gud or lucky. The reward is more shit like Bonetail or new badges.

Imagine if Emma was a battle frontier brain in her suit and she could replicate any champion or trainer. Or use Pokemon unobtainable in X and Y (which is what the majority of the Pokemon you fought in the Looker Quest were because fuck you no Pokebank)
>>
>>28940629
>forms and a new type
>content

Gen 6 shitters ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>28941314

>There are superficial gimmicks like Amie
Amie was fun, fuck you. They executed it perfectly there for people who wanted it, but able to be totally ignored for those who didn't give a shit.

>Wonder Trade
I never gave a shit about wonder trade, but how is its inclusion a bad thing?

>PSS
Oh god fuck you. So trading and battling is now a fucking "gimmick" now huh? Yeah fuck your noise mon frere.
>>
>>28942241
Z-moves
Alola forms

>content
>>
>>28942260
Yes, I know they aren't, but that's has nothing to do with what I said

You fucking Kalosperms deflect into the closest thing you see
>>
File: jHehJGc.png (540KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jHehJGc.png
540KB, 600x600px
>>
I'm not out to "defend" ANY region or generation. No matter what, I will ALWAYS demand more content and a better end product, my desire is for the the gaps between gens to be on average at least a year longer, and perhaps to do away with generational remakes entirely, so more resources can be devoted to improving the main games.

That being said, I love Unova and Kalos and thought ORAS's Hoenn was better than Kalos, though it wasn't as dynamically protrayed as Kalos due to being faithful to the GBA originals, I did enjoy ORAS immensely for the stopgap game it was.
>>
>>28942400
This. ORAS doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, but it doesn't deserve any praise for being the best remake
>>
>>28939180
No shit, Sherlock. It was just a shitty joke that literally no one thought was funny.
>>
>>28937099
They have crystal pepsi in stores in Ohio.
>>
>>28942614

That is NEW Crystal Pepsi dipshit.

The video the OP image is made from was from before they started making Crystal Pepsi again, therefore the Pepsi he was drinking expired TWENTY YEARS AGO and was totally rotten.
>>
>>28942722
My uncle had a 12-pack of cans in his crawl space and even in cans it was vomit-inducing after 20 years. Five of us drank a can each in his backyard about 2 years ago and the area that we all vomited on still won't grow grass. It was still perfectly clear in the cans though, not piss-colored like in the bottles.
>>
>>28937013
Biggest thing about ORAS for me was the lie that there we're "many new Megas to discover" when there was only 2 to 4 left to reveal all of which had already leaked. How the fuck is that /many/?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.