[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC17 Ruleset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg (64KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg
64KB, 578x327px
>All battles played with Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon

>Double Battles

>Alola Regional Pokédex

>Z-Crystals allowed

>Mega Stones not allowed

>Some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon banned, including Solgaleo, Lunala, and Magearna

>10-minute player time system

Opinions?

I'm kinda iffy on no megas, feels like a waste, but on the other side, playing without them again should be refreshing. The game should be much less offensive without them now.

Z-Crystals are just glorified Gems from Gen 5 so unless, and most probably, Z moves start having neat effects like the Eevee one I won't see them having much effect on the meta.

The best part of it is AlolaDex only. Restriction breeds creativity. Not like this will make everything usable and viable but rogue options should be much more popular.

Oh, and anti time-stall rule for the people whining about it I guess. Feels like hurrying people to make their move and giving them less time to think what to do is bad but gotta see how it works in practice first.
>>
>>28923122
I'm extremely happy about the no mega rule. I always hated Kangaskhan, way back from gen 1 since it looked stupid, so seeing it as the only viable mega for three fucking years was like a kick in the balls for me, and when I saw it in the latest trailer I was just losing all hope, but this announcement revived the hype for me.

Also, official VGC ladder on cart AND QR team trades to test before breeding. Can it get any better? Holy shit.
>>
File: 1434569101972.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434569101972.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>28923695
>Breeding
C'mon anon, you aren't fooling anyone.

Finally having a ladder is 10/10 though. I can't believe it took them so fucking long to do this shit.
>>
>>28923742
Scanning a QR in the game to get an entire team is way faster than even genning though. Also, I doubt they'd update PKHeX that fast.
>>
>>28923797
Someone still has to make the team for it to be QR scanned in first place.

Besides, I really doubt the scanning QR thing will literally give you the Pokemon themselves. They will most certainly just be locked into your Battle Box. It's a neat feature but it's nowhere close to replacing injecting.

>>28923797
>Also, I doubt they'd update PKHeX that fast.
I give it less than a month. I wouldn't be surprised if we get it even before the game releases depending on how much gets datamined from the demo.
>>
I'm confused on one point, the Alola Dex and Sun and Moon Pokemon restriction. So, if a Pokemon that's not part of the Alola Dex becomes available in the post game, although it's from SM, you can't use it, right?
>>
>>28923797
Won't the Demo help with PKHex though? Since datamine and shit.
>>
>>28924133
Pretty much. It's the same as in VGC14 where only mons in the KalosDex were allowed.
>>
>>28923122
>10-minute player time system

What the? That's way too short. Last year it was 15 minutes.
>>
>>28923122
10 minute player timers feels like nothing. Even if you take just 30 seconds per turn, you only get 20 turns. One of the videos talking about the rules brought up a very valid point that more stally teams that have simple decision making will have a huge timer advantage over teams trying to break through them that have to think and predict what the opponent will do.
>>
File: 1471700221505.jpg (459KB, 551x837px) Image search: [Google]
1471700221505.jpg
459KB, 551x837px
>>28924338
Muh time stall baaaaaw

I really dislike it though. Not enough time to think your moves.

Though apparently the 10 minutes just count from the moment your turn starts to the moment you choose your move, it doesn't account animations and the such, if it does then it'll be utter shit.

>>28924361
No Megas will make things much slower too now that so many big hitters are gone.
>>
>>28923122
>10minute.
wasn´t it 30min before?

Or was the 30min for the whole match? E.g. VGC World Final this year, one of them lost because time was up. Maybe he could have done better.
>>
>>28924253
Ah, I see. Thanks, anon.

That aside, I think banning Megas can be a good and a bad decision at the time. On the good side, we don't get to see the same fucking Megas that were dominant in the past couple of VGCs. On the other hand, Megas are somewhat scapegoats for the Item restriction rule. The latter might just be obsolete with the addition of Z-moves, but since we don't anything about their power, we can't really compare. Also the fact that it can only be used once per battle, whilst Megas last during a good chunk.
>>
>>28924361
>Even if you take just 30 seconds per turn, you only get 20 turns.

You get less than that, because of the time it takes for move animations.
>>
>>28924426
The overall timer is 15 minutes.

The 10 minute timer is only for when you choose your moves, it doesn't seem to account for animation.

>This season, a new player time system will be used to control the length of each battle. Similar to a chess clock, each player will have 10 total minutes to choose their moves within a game. You'll need to manage your time carefully throughout the match to make sure you have plenty of time in later rounds!
>>
>>28924418
How does having less time make timer stalling harder? If anything it makes it easier. If games were like 2 hours long, then it would be pretty much impossible to timer stall, because the game would likely complete normally within 2 hours.
>>
>>28923797
I guarantee Pkhex will be functional before pokemon bank. Another win for hackfags.
>>
>>28924495
It'll be fucking stupid if it accounts for animations too. I really hope it is like >>28924502 says.

>>28924534
>How does having less time make timer stalling harder?
Ask Gamefreak and their balancing team.
>>
>>28924534
The point of the timer is to make battles go quick because no one wants to stay in a tourney until 4am. If you let it be 2 hours then a battle could theoretically still go for the 2 hours. The point is to erase that completely, and mostly, to erase people playing the timer at all.

Mind you, I don't agree with their reasoning and I think the way they went about it is super stupid but that's how I think their reasoning is for them to have made this choice.
>>
>>28924534
>>28924638
>>28924561
>How does having less time make timer stalling harder?
Do you not understand how it works? The 10 minutes only apply to the time it takes for you to select moves.
What this system prevents is timerstalling we've seen at previous Worlds where someone purposely waits the majority of their turn timer so the match times out when they have an advantage.
>>
>>28924426
> E.g. VGC World Final this year, one of them lost because time was up.

What the fuck are you talking about? The other guy lost because Wolfe fucking wrecked him without the need of the timer.
>>
>>28923122
cant say i dislike any of their changes
>>
>>28923797
It'd have been updated within a week without a demo.
With the demo? it'll be updated before the game even releases.
>>
>>28925836
iirc Wolfe did won one of the battles through time. The other guy didn't have a chance to make a comeback at that point though.
>>
>>28923122
>Feels like hurrying people is bad

Play chess
>>
>>28925885
It wasn't even Wolfe, it was the other guy. You can tell because the "command time" part was showing until it reached 0, which only happens if the person from that side (Jonathan) didn't choose a move.
>>
>>28923122
ruleset sounds perfectly fine by me, I actually want to see how that Tapu Koko/Alolan Raichu combo plays out this year.

Having Mega's take a back seat to Z-moves is expected as they probably don't want players to just default back to Kangaskhan and not even touch Z-moves.

Alola dex only is probably the best part though, Having staples like Lando-T and Cresselia out of the picture will make for a more creative meta like 2014's worlds.

the timer is still a bitch like it always has been, if they're not willing to extend the time limit, at least lessen the time to choose your moves to like 10-15 seconds.
>>
>No Charizard Y
>Sun teams will be dead again
FUCK

I wonder if Politoed, TTar and Abomasnow will be in the Aloladex.
>>
File: HNI_0086.jpg (56KB, 750x638px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0086.jpg
56KB, 750x638px
>>28924534
>>28924502
>>28924495
>>28924418
>>28924361
>>28924338

If your 10 minutes runs out you automatically lose, even if you have 6 Pokemon and they have 1.

Timer stalling is dead and the world is saved.
>>
>>28927220
The Politoed is confirmed, the riddler hints Ttar is in. Basic Ninetales won't be allowed so sun if officially dead unless you use prankster sunny day.
>>
>No genies
>>
>>28923122
>Mega Stones not allowed
So that pretty much confirms that there wont be any new ones in SM, doesn't it?
>>
>>28928116
Manual Sun has always been more viable in doubles anyway, like, with the team Wolfe went 2nd back in 2012.

Charizard Y teams almost never were Sun teams, just teams that had Charizard Y on it.

Maybe Tortunator will get Drought as it's HA or something else will. One of the Tapus perhaps.
>>
>>28928228
It confirms that they realize it was a mistake, but they already invested a ton of time into the handful of garbage we have now so they're not getting rid of them entirely.
>>
>>28928228
Considering they waited until today to say anything on it, I just assumed there wouldn't be any new ones

But yeah, i'm planning on scouring some trailers to look for possible Tapu Koko/Electric Surge checks
>>
>>28928228
Exactly.
>>
>>28928776
They banned the Mega Stones because otherwise they would overshadow the Z-Stones and that's the new hot thingy they have to shill.

They will be allowed again for VGC18.

And then in 19 we will have Mega Fug with Z-Fug Stone. Can't wait.

>>28928823
Excadrill seems like a good one so time to go Sand.

If Togedemaru gets Follow Me and decent stats through some miracle it'll wall the hell out of it.

There's also Ferro and Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

A-Marowak with Lightning Rod. It also kills Raichu.
>>
>>28928228
We will get 3 new starter megas, and that's it.
>>
>>28923122
>I'm kinda iffy on no megas, feels like a waste, but on the other side, playing without them again should be refreshing. The game should be much less offensive without them now.
I just assumed it was so that the first season of play would be more radically defined by Z-moves, with subsequent seasons allowing them back in.
>>
>>28923122
>Mega Stones not allowed
wut why? oh so now we too OP?
>>
>>28929034
Z crystals, and yes, a few of them were way too fucking powerful, like Kangaskhan. It's better when things don't OHKO everything.
>>
>>28929352
>Z-Moves
>Not OHKO'ing everything too
>>
>no megas
>no timestall
>fresh new pokemon

this VGC will be just awesome
>>
>>28931805
Don't worry. People will still find something to bitch about at some point.

Make your bets

>The Tapus
>One particularly super good Z-Move so good it becomes borderline obligatory to use because of how good it is
>New Big 6/Chalk variant
>>
So they added this time change cause of that faggot Wolfe right?
>>
>>28932042
They added it to appease the casuals bitching about it, kinda like you, just like they made grass types immune to power moves when the casuals also bitching about Arash winning, according to them, because he only knew how to spam Spore and not to play for reals and how if they had been there they would have won worlds and not them.

Something that still surprises me is that the timestalling issue happened on VGC16 of all formats considering how ridiculously offensive focused it was. I'll never get how it happened but it did.
>>
>>28929934
At most you get one OHKO per battle.
>>
>>28928059
Tfw stall teams become the meta and their win con is to drain your 10 minutes.
>>
File: 1441575942267.jpg (102KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
1441575942267.jpg
102KB, 600x397px
>Megas are gone
I, for one, welcome back our bulky offense overlords.

Fuck HO!
>>
>>28923122
>>Mega Stones not allowed
Why couldn't they make them competitive exclusive? It seems the people who care most about megas are competitive players.
>>
>>28932721

>not realizing that defeats the purpose of removing them from competitive

I, for one, am happy to see them out for a year. Let's bring in some fresh strategies with the new stuff.
>>
>tfw rayquaza is alola regional
>>
sorry, i didnt know if i should make a new thread or ask the vgc players

i just got a new 3ds because my old one is inoperable, and the games save to the cart, but how do i get the pokebank transferred without using the official system transfer?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.