[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: yay.jpg (100KB, 725x534px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
100KB, 725x534px
Thoughts?
>>
>>28916336
Should have been done earlier
Fuck stall and doublefuck timerstall
>>
Fuck you Stallcryers
>>
>>28916336

Ok..
>>
Pretty good.
>>
STALL FAGS BTFO
SMOGON WON'T USE IT BECAUSE, M-MUH STALLING!
HAHAHAHAHA GREATEST POKEMON GAME YET AND NOT EVEN OUT
>>
can someone explain this "your time" to me thoroughly. english is not my first language.
>>
>>28917078
You and your opponents have your own separate timers
Which means your opponent can no longer timer stall you
>>
>>28916336
So:
-denialfags btfo
-anti Megafags btfo
-anti Ashninjafags btfo
-stallers btfo

Jesus, who got there asshole torn open today ?
>>
>>28916336
>MUH ADHD EVERYTHING MUST END AS FAST AS POSSIBLE HYPER OFFENSE ONLY
>>
>>28916336
Isn't that kinda like chess? Cool.
>>
>>28917078
Looks like it's saying that each player gets 60 seconds a turn to make their move, but 10 minutes total of move-picking time? So if you spend 59 seconds picking your move every turn, the battle will end after 10 turns.
>>
>>28917180
>>28917294
thanks anons
>>
>Megas are banned in VGC 17
Thank fucking god.
>>
>>28917191
not so much for hyper offense as it is against the shitty uncompetitive tactic of timestalling in vgc

actual battle stalling tactics aren't that much affected so long as you select your turn fast

there were a couple of such unsanitary examples in this year's vgc, look it up
>>
>>28916336
Mixed feelings. I'm happy about the 60 second cap to pick a move, but 10 mins doesn't seem like much to stall players. I know stall is hated a lot here, but even if you want to use basic defensive strategies like CM set up + rest/recover, your chances of winning are drastically reduced here which seems a bit unfair

or perhaps I think that sort of play doesnt actually take so long to do and can be done well within 10 mins
>>
so basically you still have 60 seconds per turn but you can't wait for 60 seconds every fucking turn

seems like a decent enough solution.
>>
>>28917527
I'm pretty sure it's measuring 10 minutes of total move-picking time for each side, not 10 minutes for the whole battle.
>>
File: 1473985069067.png (275KB, 546x458px) Image search: [Google]
1473985069067.png
275KB, 546x458px
>>28917527
>>28916336
>>28916694

New strategy will be Stalling/Walling. But making your move choices in a split second and making your opponent waste their 10 minutes.
>>
>>28917187
>-anti Megafags btfo
>when gamefreak itself exclude megas from tournaments for being stupid unbalanced crap
>>
>>28917191
>When one of those fags who tries to stall his opponent into quitting sees that his pro strats are going out the window and has to make a ridiculous greentext in all caps to make it seem like a bad thing
>>
>>28917180
So it's kinda like how chess players rach have their own time? That's pretty cool, but that still allows stallfags, they just have to make their move quick. Just wont allow literal stallfags who rage and spend a minute for each move
>>
>>28917803
Those people are the fucking worst. All you accomplish is wasting my time, Its not gonna make me rage nearly as hard as you currently are
>>
>>28916336
>All this talk about the Time
>Completely ignoring that Xerneas spam is still allowed
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-04-16-07-25.png (884KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-04-16-07-25.png
884KB, 1080x1920px
>>28917907
I know what you mean, had a Japanese guy do it to me, he knew he had lost and stalled for about 15min. Didnt really mind it, since I was watching youtube at the time.

Also wtf is this new captcha, Hiro?
>>
If it plays out like chess timers, then it also rewards quick decision making, not taking time to look information up or running damage calculations.
>>
>>28916336
I'm not quite sure I understand the rule entirely
Can someone explain with more details?
>>
YOU GUYS

YOU BASICALLY GET SIX (6) BATTLE BOXES

AND THERE'S GOING TO BE A RENTAL MODE

THIS HAS ME SO FUCKING PUMPED

HOLY SHIT

THIS JUST IMPROVED THE GAME FOR ME TENFOLD

FUCK
>>
>>28918163
You can no longer just sit around wasting IRL time waiting for your opponent to quit during your turn, you actually have to do things. Stalling with actual battle tactics still works, but sitting there doing nothing like a dick doesn't.
>>
>>28918237
ok ok, I know that much, but my issue is, how does it prevent those people from doing that? How exactly does the game prevent it?
>>
>Make a super stally team, complete with leppa berries etc
>Only try to make it as many turns as possible
>Always make sure to pick ASAP
>Win because opponents your time runs out
>>
>>28918297

It says it right there. You have 10 total minutes. If you spend the full minute to pick a move each time, the battle will end after ten turns.
>>
>>28918297
You get 60 seconds per turn, within that 60 seconds you can pick a move or use an item or switch pokemon. Your overall time to do this throughout the entire battle is 10 minutes, so if you take most of a minute per turn you're screwing yourself.
>>
>>28918459
>>28918485
good shit
that's never happened to me but
I know it's a problem
>>
>>28917597
Oh, that makes sense. I like that system.
>>
>>28918297
How are you this unimaginative? Or this bad at reading? It literally says that you will have 10 minutes total time for ALL YOUR SELECTIONS. Once you have taken more than 10 total minutes selecting something you will lose automatically. So if you keep stalling for 55 seconds or some shit in the hopes your opponent will leave you will quickly find yourself without time.
>>
>>28916336
>"we now want to cater to normies who don't have time to play anyway"

I'm tired of this pandering
>>
This is pretty dumb. Slower playstyles shouldn't be invalidated. I don't even like Stall but it deserves to exist.

Ten minutes is nothing, even for offensive teams. Running damage calcs takes time, thinking about a critical 50/50 takes time, thinking about your opponent's options multiple turns ahead and how you're going to play around them takes time.

Thirty minutes would have been better, and just use ten minutes for the fuckfest that is VGC.

I hope your bro is a minmaxed one-hit-wonder because if it's not you won't be able to use it.
>>
>>28917803
The slight difference is that in chess you get a little time back after each turn.

Imagine this was: you have 10 minutes, but after each turn you get 15 seconds. This way, yes, it would take about 15 min for someone to take all the time off the clock, but if you're playing a toxic/stall team and taking turns fast, you get infinite time, which should still be a valid play style. If you don't get time back it hurts stall teams because no matter what every turn will take 1-3 seconds, so you eventually will lose by trying to stall no matter what.
>>
>>28918837
You're misreading it. It doesn't really affect stall so much.

It affects TIMEstall which is a different thing altogether. If you pick your move quick you can still use defensive/stall strats
>>
>>28918837
I wouldn't be surprised if we could change the default time to 20 or 30 minutes
>>
>>28918837

This doesn't inhibit Stall, it inhibits players who spent like ten minutes waiting to select a move in the hopes that their opponent gets bored and forfeits.

The ten minutes is referring to the time it takes you to select a move or choose a Pokemon to switch out. It does not refer to the actual in-battle time.
>>
>>28917187
You forgot anti-Starter leakfags.
>>
Reminder that this is only an option you can select before battle, it is not mandatory
We don't even know if it will be used in VGC
>>
>>28919125
>>28918948
It still isn't unheard of to spend 30 seconds picking a move, even more. That would give you twenty turns of battle. That's nothing.
>>
>>28919248
Anyone who spends half a minute choosing 1 out of 4 possible moves is a retard and should vacate the premises.
>>
This is retarded and I won't use it.

It won't be used in normal battle spot online battles anyway. It'll just be an option for when you fight friends or make your own custom tourney.
>>
>>28919310
Right, because thinking about your opponent switching, and their options is dumb. Just hit tackle over and over w r until you win!
>>
File: 1426466498770.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426466498770.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>28917413
>>28917641
>mfw I just checked and this is true

Time to pick the series up again, these seem like the best games so far.
>>
>>28916336
As someone who plans is move during the opponent's turn and uses them as soon as his turn starts I welcome this change.
>>
>>28919148
>denialfags
Lurk more, newfriend.
>>
>>28919310
Do you use four fire moves on your Charizard?
>>
>>28917078
It's similar to timed chess
>>
>>28918032
>this
I'm usually watching tv or cooking when I play so it's never really a bother. I actually kind of get a kick out of it especially when I'm playing well. The suspense of the set ups makes it better and they rage even more.
Or if you're already about to win, stall them back by using the same move over and over again until they quit.
>>
>>28918837
If I'm battling online for fun I don't want to sit there for half an hour while some tryhard sperg agonizes and runs fucking damage calculations because muh victory in a children's game.

10 minute limit BTFOs stallfags, timerstallingfags and tryhards in one fell swoop so I'm happy for it
>>
File: .png (73KB, 252x360px) Image search: [Google]
.png
73KB, 252x360px
>>28920064
>using the term "tryhard" unironically in ANY context
You need to be over 18 to use this site.
>>
>>28917078

First thing that comes to my mind is Dota Captain's mode. You get 30 seconds of time per pick/ban and then a pool of reserve time that's used through the entire draft and only counts down when the normally allotted time expires.
>>
>>28920064
>BTFOs stallfags
not quite, they can do lightning fast selections and make you lose by timer instead
i reckon it should be 20 minutes rather than 10. plenty of time for more defensive teams to chip each other down while also being short enough so that crybaby stallers aren't much of a pain
>>
>>28918837
>Stall deserves to exist.

It really doesn't and since gen 5 this game tries to get as HO as possible to try and kill Stall for good.
>>
>>28920145
Should he say 'konji hardstyle'? Shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>28920246
It does. Defensive Pokémon exist. Playstyles that take advantage of that strength should exist.

>>28920254
"Tryhard" ALWAYS indicates that the user of the term is an asspained faggot that can't get good, so he pretends like it's those who are good at the game that are at fault. It happens in literally every multiplayer game.
>>
>>28920354
The only place stall is still alive is under smogon rules.

In any official teir that playstyle gets BTFO by the numerous offensive powerhouses.
You can have defensive mons, but full out stall teams in any official format is kill and for very good reason.
>>
>>28920354
I agree with you about stall but I think your pet peeve with 'tryhard' is just an autistic tick.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.