[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: BlazikenVsInfernape.png (7KB, 245x149px) Image search: [Google]
BlazikenVsInfernape.png
7KB, 245x149px
The great debate.
>>
>>28892526
The one with Speed Boost.
>>
>>28892526
Emboar is better.
>>
>>28892526
Blaziken wins but Infernape has better concept and design.
>>
>>28892526
They fill different roles.

1v1 - Infernape every time. Fake Out + Sash + Iron Fist coverage punches

Sweeper - Blaziken. Hone Claws + Hi Jump Kick
>>
>>28892526
Design: Infernape
Utility: Blaziken. Speed boost and a mega just objectively make it better
>>
>>28892532
Purely coolness factor. We all know who trumps who on the battlefield.

>>28892539
There's always that one faggot.

>>28892542
Those are both awful sets.
>>
File: 1448113121442.png (254KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
1448113121442.png
254KB, 467x750px
>>28892526
what is this meme and why am i seeing it on every board
>>
>>28892550
>muh criticism
>>
>>28892550
>Speed Boost Blaziken w Hone Claws is an awful set
Sub1200 shitter detected
>>
>>28892567
It is an awful set because in Ubers it should run Low Kick, there's no reason to run HJK on Blaziken.

In Battle Spot I don't know why you wouldn't just run SD and in VGC it doesn't exist.

Sash Infernape is good for setting Rocks and killing something with Endeavor but you're not going to kill more than one thing really.
>>
>>28892581
(You)
>>
>>28892581
>Low Kick is better than a +1 HJK with +1 accuracy
>Blaziken has always been Ubers
Here's your (You)
>>
>>28892526
Infernape, use it in both monotype teams and its always the star of the show.
>>
>>28892621
You need to set up to be at +1 accuracy. In Ubers, you can set up to +2 with SD instead and now can nuke because the entire roster is so heavy. You get the benefit of not needing to play around the Ghost types and get the luxury of not even needing to set up if you don't have to. (not like it's necessary to Hone Claws either, but...)

It's Ubers now, why bring up past gens?
>>
File: shamochicken.jpg (56KB, 440x648px) Image search: [Google]
shamochicken.jpg
56KB, 440x648px
>>28892526
If we're going by design, I gotta give it to the first fire fighter.

For whatever reason people dislike Blaziken a lot. But I think it's really well thought out.

It's a combination of a Muy Thai Fighter and a Shamo chicken (a breed that originated in Thailand)

Pic related. These things go at it in a ring.
Combine the animal with a basis of the country's martial arts, and you have Blaziken.

Infernape's mostly based on Sun Wukong but I could have sworn another Pokemon already does that. Apparently Emboar is based on a character in Journey to the West too.
>>
>>28892621
In the gens where Blaziken wasn't Uber hone claws didn't exist...
>>
>>28892649
>>28892661
Hook line and sinker
>>
>>28892670
>I-I was just baiting you guys! Hehehe!
>>
>>28892689
Glad you acknowledged that for us.
>>
>>28892650
Blaziken isn't a muay fighter, it is a masked luchador.
>>
>>28892550
>We all know who trumps who on the battlefield.
Yeah Blaziken outclasses infernape all day every day.
>>
>>28892786
you're an idiot.
>>
>>28892661
5 you dense fuck. He was OU for awhile before he got sent to ubers
>>
>>28892526
emboar
>>
>>28892526
Infernape vastly outclassed Blaziken with its higher speed and massive movepool. Then they gave Blaziken Speed Boost.
>>
>>28892526
>a chicken vs Sun Wukong
>"debate"
>>
>>28892786
>it is a masked luchador
literally wtf
>>
>>28892526
>Use
Speedboostiken > infernape > emboar > blaziken
>Looks
Blaziken > Infernape > POWER GAP > emboar
>>
>>28892526
I like Blaziken more, but, I love both of these starters a lot.

Imagine a world where Blaziken gets V-Create.
>>
Blaziken if free of the criticism behind Fore/Fighting and Infernape makes sense with the type combination so either is great, Emboar was, is and will continue to be the indication that the Fire/Fighting combination could go too stupid.
>>
>>28893012
>and massive movepool.
Blaziken always had a better move pool than infernape. The thing that let it down was solely it's speed.
>>
>>28892526
Blaziken for competitive
Infernape for ingame and design
>>
File: IMG_3019.png (353KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3019.png
353KB, 900x900px
>>28892539
>>28892985
Fuck Yeah!
>>
>>28892541
You know, I love blaziken, but I do have to agree: inferape is definitely the one with the better design.

It felt like after combustiken GF sort of panicked for a third evo design.
>>
>>28892526
Damn I cant wait to read all the horrid shit opinions being espoused by sinnohfetuses ITT
>>
>>28894850
I think Sugimori was dealing with artist's block when creating the Gen 5 starters, hence why we ended up with Samurott. I feel like I'm the only one on here who loves Samurott's design. Shallow movepool and wrong stat distribution sadly, and a useless HA to boot.
>>
>>28894905
His one saving grace for his movepool is Megahorn

shell smash when?
>>
>>28892526
I've run both Blaziken and Infernape in my nuzlockes, and I prefer Infernape overall. To me, Infernape is far more memorable than Blaziken.
>>
>>28892526
Infernape looks like a monkey, Blaziken looks like a man in a fursuit
>>
>>28894905
Perhaps artist block is part of why Sugimori's style has changed so much. I mean he's gotta make at least fifty new mons per-generation, and now he's gotta start going back and modifying existing ones in new ways.
>>
>>28894921
Yes, that's true. And god yes, Shell Smash would be epic.
>>
>>28892650
Huh, I knew the martial art it was based on, but I didn't know about that kind of chicken.

Thanks for the info anon
>>
>>28894935
Actually Ohmura's pretty much taken over as the designer. For instance, the Alolan Vulpix line was her work.
>>
>>28892526
Looks wise I hate both, combat wise Blaziken is a bro and has helped me out of way more situations than Infernape has.
>>
>>28892526
in a 1on1 infernape always wins. how can blaziken win?

both with focus sash
>turn 1 infernape use CC/EQ - Blaziken at 1hp
>blaziken usw whatever - infernape at 1hp
>infernape use mach punch
gg

mega blaziken:
>turn 1 blaziken use protect to be a retard
>turn 2 blaziken use whatever
>Infernape use CC/EQ
>(If it survives)turn 3 Infernape use mach punch
gg

Blaziken is stronger in general and
I love both tho.
>>
>>28894945
>epic
It's like I'm really on some faggy forum.
>>
>>28892526
THEY'RE BOTH JUST SO COOL I CAN'T
>>
>>28894973
So that's what sounded like a huge sigh of relief that one day.
>>
>>28895046
Are you high?
>>
>>28892542
>Blaziken used Protect!
>Infernape used Fake Out!
>Blaziken protected itself!
>Blaziken's Speed Boost!
>Blaziken used <anything>!
>Infernape fainted!
>>
>Who is more useful
>Gen 4
Infernape

>Gen 5
Blaziken

>Gen 6
Do I need to answer?

>Who would win 1v1?
Considering so many ridiculous number of options, movepools, items, etc that give either a legitimate chance of victory, it is a pointless question.

>Who is better desgined?
>Arguably Infernape but I personally like Blaziken more.
>>
>>28894945

>epic

Samurottfags everyone.
>>
Blaziken is one of the most memorable Pokémon to me personally, and I've always ranked it among my top favorites ever since Gen 3's introduction. I was obsessed with Blaziken when I was younger. I still love it. It was a combination of playing RSE to death and only ever choosing Torchic and the film Destiny Deoxys that solidified it for me. My favorite starter for my joint favorite gen, and one of my favourite Pokémon overall.

Infernape is awesome but I've always gravitated more towards Empoleon and Torterra personally out of that trio.
>>
>>28892526
One of the coolest looking Pokémon with an awesome ability vs. a shitty-looking monkey with yellow tits?
I can't even prefer Infernape ironically
>>
Infernape does things differently. It can function as support, with fake out, feint, encore, will-o-wisp, taunt, quick guard and helping hand as well as having lots of priority and a special set with nasty plot
Blaziken has a mega, speed boost and more attack power. they do different things. nobody is sitting here saying chansey and kangaskhan are doing the same thing.
>>
>>28892526
Monkey
>>
Infernape looks better IMO and is a better concept for a mon. Blaziken is more useful.
Infernape is the only fire starter I'm a fan of.
>>
>>28892526
i dont like fierchicken fireape is cool tho
>>
>>28892670
>Haha whenever my I lose an argument, I just say I was joking
>>
>>28895226
I feel pretty similarly, Anon. When I played Gen 3, I wasn't fond of any starter in particular but when I nuzlocked Emerald; he became an immediate bro.
>>
>>28892526
Fried chicken gets eaten by monkey niggers.

Debate ended.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.