[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only that thinks the SM anime wont be that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0372.png (563KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.png
563KB, 1200x674px
>>
>>28889195
>Am I the only one?
No.

I think it'll be comfy and chill.
>>
File: HNI_0068.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0068.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>28889233
>Comfy
>>
It will probably be nice.
Still shit design tho.
>>
>>28889195
Who knows man, and you know what? Who gives a fuck.

I liked XY, and yeah the drop (in what I believe) in art quality is surprising, but I'll give it a chance.

And like what>>28889233 said, it may be comfy and chill, and who knows? Maybe it'll have good action like it did XY
>>
Evidently not as professional animators are praising the new style

In the end it mostly depends on the writing
>>
File: 985.jpg (71KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
985.jpg
71KB, 803x688px
>The ashnime
>Good
>>
File: AshsNewSchool.jpg (26KB, 400x150px) Image search: [Google]
AshsNewSchool.jpg
26KB, 400x150px
He's on his way to the League
>>
File: 1442120586704.png (425KB, 542x518px) Image search: [Google]
1442120586704.png
425KB, 542x518px
Did you not read what the katakana says in your image? It says "School Life". The anime is going to be focused around him learning what a electric type is strong and weak against all while learning about a new never before seen pokemon called greninja
>>
>>28889337
You sure seem to know a lot about it for someone who apparently hates it.
>>
They should of kept the same artist they made ash look so stupid yet I'll probably watch
>>
It's hard to top BW level of bad writing and stock footage animation wise as BW 1+ the stock footage abuse from DP minus the 0 fucks given to Ash pokemon not named Infernape thanks to Dawn and Infernape subplots fucking the pacing, BW instead gave 0 fucks equally about almost all of Ash Pokémon, Scraggy and Krookodile dodged the bullet though.

But we can expect some disappointment in 2 fronts.

1)animation shift, the trailer was supposed to show us good stuff, instead they showed us a bunch of shit that seemed unpolished and had A LOT of technical issues like depth, shadowing and stretch and squash mechanics gone wrong for several frames.

2)The writing, after XYZ levels of semicompetence we fear a drop of BW tier levels of shit, we also fear the "strong nippon" effect, in wich they ignore the overseas reception and try to pander completely to their main demographic group being the children of Japan, the fact that the studio making Pokémon also writes and takes liberties on Yokai Watch is scary given that Pokémon was seemingly stated to go into a "festival of puns and gags" direction, let's just say that all of OLM produced Anime had a beyond terrible comedic sense overseas and gags on the japanese style have never been properly received overseas.

The fear of a huge quality drop is real my friend, it's not us just hating on Ash being derpy as fuck.
>>
>>28889369
This.
>>
>>28889195
nope. It seems like a better premise for these writers to start from if they're just going to have Ash be such a KID all the time. I'm going to be absolutely dumbfounded if Ash can't even manage to graduate at the end of this series.
>>
Nah, I agree, it won't be bad at all, everyone is just judging it off a few scans and a 30 second trailer, which is just dumb in my opinion.
>>
It has more potential to be worth watching than the anime has been in years, if only for doing something different

We'll see ourselves how it turns out when it airs
>>
>>28889337
Better than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I
>>
>>28889338
He's on his way to success, but he has to go to school he's gotta ace that test
>>
>>28889350
Adults like to base their opinions on facts.
>>
>>28889721
But the so called facts can be rather faulty and based upon a lack of understanding of the larger picture.

The Pokemon anime isn't 'great' by any means. It's just there to act as marketing for the franchise itself. It's just a kids' anime that appeals to the kiddies.

But it isn't exactly 'bad' either. It's generally benign
>>
>>28889341
He has to relearn type combos after Greninja lost to a fire type move.
>>
File: 1380443412983.jpg (378KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1380443412983.jpg
378KB, 600x450px
It has me interested in the anime for the first time in a long while because it looks like they're making a real effort to change it up.

I consider the style shift a lateral one- I am not particularly fond of either one and don't particularly dislike either one. It's the Generic Kids Anime Style of Today, just as the old style was the generic anime style of that time, etc.
>>
Yes, you'd have to be retarded or deranged to expect Pokemon anime to suddenly be anything more than dogshit for once.
>>
>>28889233
>comfy

More like cringey and retarded humor. Who needs a "goofy and retarded MC bc of m-muh fun and m-muh purzonaeleeteeh" in a series where everything is about cockfights between fantasy animals and trying to take down evil organizations?? You can have a funny and full of personality character without making him a retarded and autistic goofball.
>>
>>28889881
BURASTO BAAAAHN
>>
>>28889369
>the fact that the studio making Pokémon also writes and takes liberties on Yokai Watch is scary given that Pokémon was seemingly stated to go into a "festival of puns and gags" direction

If you want serious children series by OLM, then you have for the next year Megaton Musashi, Inazuma 11 Ares & the Outer Code shorts. Yokai and Pokemon are pandering for the toddlers and preschoolers who watch Anpanman, Shin Chan and Doraemon.
>>
>>28889195
No, OP, I think it will be the best in a while.

Anyway, never do the "Am I the only that..." because you're never the only one.
>>
>>28889195
My opinion is unpopular as fuck, but I kinda like the new art style. Sure it's not the sharp, crispy, occasionally sexy animation we got in X/Y but I think that's okay. And double okay if they continue to do stuff like Generations that is more detailed and more closely represents the games.

The new SM style reminds me more like an actual saturday morning kids cartoon. It seems cozy. I'm not sure what to expect of the 'Ash goes to school' plot, it seems like it'll be more episodic/flavor of the week type stuff ALL the time, since there won't be a focus on needing to collect the badges. I wouldn't mind that so much.

In my mind I'm comparing it to Yokai Watch, which as far as cartoons made for children go, is fucking suburb in my opinion. Cute style, good humor, can pick it up and drop off wherever you want without losing context. It's more accessible for kids, but it doesn't make the quality less. Especially when you consider the quality of the Pokemon anime has always been sorta sub par. It didn't really do the game story well, but it didn't really do its own thing well either. Some episodes were good, and there were some great scenes in the later years, but the writing and pacing always fell kinda flat imo.
>>
It will be bad, just by virtue of being the ashnime.

Fuck off to your containment general for your cartoon, fucking cancer.
>>
>>28889881
252 SpA Mega Charizard X Blast Burn vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja on a critical hit: 244-288 (85.6 - 101%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Nice meme.
>>
To everyone who says the anime might not be bad, give me one reason, ONE reason why you think that.
>>
>>28894779
Ash's retardation has always been an issue, the magical cockfights might be good enought or better. And all new characters actually look good.
>>
>>28894810
>Pokemon fights might be good enough
We haven't seen one battle, so what makes you think that?

>All new characters actually look good
They haven't even said one line each yet, again, where are you getting this from?

This all just wishful thinking. There is nothing that indicates that it won't another BW.
>>
>>28889195
It will be as bad as the last 20 years of it.
>>
>>28894861
>We haven't seen one battle, so what makes you think that?
Nothing at all. However, nothing indicates otherwise either.
>They haven't even said one line each yet, again, where are you getting this from?
They look good, I just said they look cute. No more, no less.

>This all just wishful thinking. There is nothing that indicates that it won't another BW.
Indeed. However you only asked why I thought it might not be bad, and those are my reasons.
I may very well be wrong, but I'll remain hopefull until at the very least the first episode.
>>
>>28894779
shitposting
>>
>>28894202
>Runs from a bear who can snap a trunk in half. That makes him retarded and autistic
Sure
>>
>>28894934
XY Ash wouldn't have given a shit and would've tried to catch that bastard.
>>
>>28894919
Hoping and having a reason to believe something are to different things.
If you hope this will be good, that's your choice. Nobody can stop you.
But "I hope it will be good" does not count as a reason.
>>
>>28895060
Fair enough.
>>
>>28894934

Not that, but the general atmosphere of the new series. Ash is going to be infinitely retarded and autistic because of the fucking gag festival the show is going to have. So do you really think seeing a character making a fool of hmself in every chapter (because he's going to fuck up every epic attempt to be badass because of the gags) is actually FUN!?!?!?!?!? Do you really think seeing a character being humilliated and shat on for the sake of humor is actually COMYFY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>28895125
I just believe that he won't be the butt of every joke. If this truly is the "We want the Yokai audience" it's his Rotom dex who will be the to be made fun of when trying to be cool or badass. The original anime had slapstick humor to it and Ash had his fair share of making jokes at other characters and showing people up
>>
File: Dragonite.webm (577KB, 846x464px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite.webm
577KB, 846x464px
As long as we get some battle animations like this I am all for it.
>>
>>28895200
This, in all ways hopefully Sun and Moon will be a nice callback to the original anime's deadpan and slapstick humour without reverting Ash to a complete novice like what Best Wishes did.

Here he seems experienced as show by unlocking his power with his Z-Stone but also unlucky and the butt of many jokes.

I could see Luchalitten being the main comic relief starter, being a stray grumpy Litten that Ash caught, but then evolved into a dirty heel wrestler who loses his temper if Ash and Pikachu ignore him by throwing foreign objects at them.
>>
>>28889195
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Yamazaki.jpg (51KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
Yamazaki.jpg
51KB, 315x315px
>>28895200

Not really. Every character was "neatly" designed, with the sole exception of Ash who was made intentionally with a derpy design. He's gonna be the butt of the 99,999999% of the jokes. SM premise is not "we want da Yokai audience", but more like "we want to pay a fuckin homage to that obscure gag anime series that was put in replace of Pokemon after the Porygon incident" (pic and video related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd35PDD546E
(not able to find a japanese clip of the series. This "festival of gags over gags" series was very obscure as fuck despite of being the show that replaced Pokemon after the Porygon incident).
>>
>>28889195
No it'll probably be ok as far as pokemon goes and nicely animated.
>>
File: 1474902502201s.jpg (2KB, 118x125px) Image search: [Google]
1474902502201s.jpg
2KB, 118x125px
>>28889195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfrk2UdEOcQ
>>
>>28889195
most people complain about the design but it doesn't bothering me that much at all. its even more fluid than xy and z and finally another concept then ash just beating 8 gyms and failing the league
>>
i unironically believe sm will be better than xy
>>
>>28889195
Ok, so like is the Ash in SM Anime the same as the ash from XYZ?
Or is it like its own soft reset?
>>
File: mktn.png (652KB, 829x643px) Image search: [Google]
mktn.png
652KB, 829x643px
>>28889195
You, fags and Tumblr
>>
>>28897896
Same here. SM looks like funny shit.

XY was just shit.
>>
It looks better than ever before, I love how everything moves.
>>
>>28889195
Yes
>>
People shitting on the animation aren't very well acquainted with animation. The series looks clean. My biggest issue is the plot. Ash can be a fool but he doesn't need to go to school.
>>
>>28898107
Don't use the best Precure season for shitposting please
>>
File: 1264324953080.gif (487KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1264324953080.gif
487KB, 480x270px
>>28898978
you don't tell me what to do, tumblr faggot
>>
>>28889195
No, you are not the only one, you are not special, a few anons here will enjoy the show like they did with BW
>>
>>28889195
I don't get it, is this some kind of AU shit? I mean seriously, how the fuck can they work Ash becoming a student into the story? Why after all this time does Ash just suddenly decide he wants to go to trainer's school?
>>
>anime literally becomes slice of life school kid comedy
this is a joke, this is a fucjking joke. If someone had said this was gonna happen a few years back no one would have believed them
>>
>>28889195
I don't care. I'm still gonna watch it for best waifus
>>
>>28889195
Not digging those cheek lines, hey make ash look like he's got one of those pencil staches
>>
>>28889369
>"strong nippon" effect
Doesn't matter tho, since no one outside of japanese watches paid anime
>>
>>28889881
Type disadvantage in the ashnime is actually an advantage
>>
>>28901216
This. Didn't Red's Charizard beat Blue's Blastoise in Origins?
>>
SM anime will literally be a children's cartoon. I'm not talking about shit like Chowder but it would be a fucking Blues Clues or Dora the Explorer for fucking preschoolers.
>>
>>28901330
or it can just be like Yokai
>>
File: the formula.jpg (227KB, 1094x614px) Image search: [Google]
the formula.jpg
227KB, 1094x614px
>>28889338
>>
>>28889195
No. I think SM Ash with an actual personality is going to be refreshing after how soulless Ash was in XY.
>>
>>28889881
And yet that same Greninja was able to survive a Leaf Storm against Mega Sceptile.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.