[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ocg/ - OC General #4: "Out of Meds" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 1474003112661.png (159KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
1474003112661.png
159KB, 600x428px
Hello my lovelies, and welcome back to our OC thread! We update based on time allocation and all that. Seeing as I can't find the archive for my normal posting, I'll have to make this OP from scratch. :C

BASE GUIDELINES.
#1: Try to provide some basic info about your OC! The currently accepted format is:
>Name/Alias
>Age
>Hometown/Region
>Occupation
>Party

#2: We usually prefer having drawn refs over written ones but it's okay if you wanna write it instead. Not all of our friends here can draw, and it's okay!

#3: We accept all trainer OCs, including ones that were made out of wandering thoughts or freewriting, and even self-insert OCs!

#4: Yes, these threads are autistic, but we're trying not to pollute a majority of the board.

#5: Drawing one anothers' OCs is highly encouraged if you're a drawfriend!

#6: Criticism is always welcomed.

CONTACT.
We have two main ways of joining in the off-thread fun!
>IRC is #/vp/OC on irc.rizon.net
>We have a discord, but the link isn't available to me at this time. If the person in charge of that wants to add it later, please do!
>I periodically give out my skype from time to time. If you wish to do this too, go ahead.

OP art is by one of our lovely drawanons! Thank you so much!

>Song of the thread:
https://soundcloud.com/verdammt/adventure
>>
UPDATE: Discord link
https://discord.gg/g5ubn
>>
bump bump bump
>>
more bumping
>>
still bumping
>>
I think maybe the reason nobody is using this thread is because of the discord

Which by the way the discord link is expired
>>
>>28886109
Figures. I won't lie, I really don't like the discord.

This thread should kick off later tonight, though.
>>
>>28886109
Here's a permanent link https://discord.gg/9xAPPqx
>>
File: azami.png (555KB, 680x1800px) Image search: [Google]
azami.png
555KB, 680x1800px
>>
Shadowscar the Blood Killer
Nobody knows...
Assassin
Umbreon (Shiny), Zoroark, Darkrai, Lucario, Mewtwo, Shiny Charizard

If you use my OC without permission I will file a lawsuit
>>
>>28886654
I'm going to use it and put him in a story where he does cute things with cute girls in drag
>>
>>28886683
He's bi but he only fucks girls
He's still bi tho
>>
>>28886728
Well he's going to be fucked by guys in the storty
>>
>>28886592
Well that's pretty fucking spectacular. Who's the artist?
>>
>>28886754
Yukidemon on DA
>>
>>28886736
Stop I will hack you
I'm in 4N0NYM0U5
>>
>>28886828
Big black guys, all taking turns with him
>>
>>28886879
i believe
>>
>>28886879
Well have fun with my self-aware cringe
>>
File: IMG_0557.png (291KB, 667x1429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.png
291KB, 667x1429px
A person on the Discord drew my trainer lady in a bunny girl outfit! She looks super precious, wao!
>>
>>28888443
>Poké Ball is tan
Uh oh
>>
>>28889372
Haven't you heard Anon? It's a brand new, high tech, semiorganic FLESH BALL!
>>
>>28889383
They are made like apricorn balls, but with kidney stones!
>>
Could someone help me? What pokemon go well with detectives.
>>
>>28889655
Are you specifically avoiding Gumshoos?
>>
File: mornin.png (12KB, 251x373px) Image search: [Google]
mornin.png
12KB, 251x373px
>>28889655
Something reliable! Depends on what your detective's details are!
>>
>>28889700
Yeah, he's too on the nose for me.
>>28889769
He's chill, but once he gets pumped up he won't rest until he close a a case.
>>
>>28889882
Maybe a Fletchinder? It's a speedy bird that can get the drop on crooks, and works for reconnaissance!
>>
>>28889882
I recommend Galvantula. An unsettling but energetic Pokemon that can probably be rather calm when it wants.
>>
>>28889882
>not using a growlithe
0/10 law enforcement right here
>>
What pokemon would a naive idiot (can't into math, makes mistakes all the time, etc) who's also a bookworm use?
>>
File: not sure why.png (10KB, 237x342px) Image search: [Google]
not sure why.png
10KB, 237x342px
>>28890085
Recommendation: Phantump. It's cute, looks naive, and is a ghost type which is normally a go-to for """intellectuals"""
>>
>>28889936
I could get used to him. I haven't seen him before, but he looks sweet.
>>28889966
That would be good for detaining people!
>>28889977
I'm a detective, not a cop.

I was thinking ditto, for stings.
>>
>>28890085
It could be cute for him to have a Turtwig that tries to read stories right along with him, and could sympathize with his trainer being a klutz, as being a turtle often means he gets stuck on his back!
>>
>>28890595
>>28890595
Dang those are some cute ideas. Thanks!
>>
How do you make someone who is interesting but not a mary sue?
>>
>>28891062
It's not hard. Mary sues are usually characterized by blatant self-insert-ness and overpowered nature. It's not that difficult to make a character without those traits.
>>
File: slurpuffunburden.png (474KB, 851x480px) Image search: [Google]
slurpuffunburden.png
474KB, 851x480px
>>28881796

>Name/Alias: Kwantsu
>Age: 25
>Hometown/Region: Cianwood City, Johto
>Occupation:
>Party: Rampardos, Meganium, Camerupt, Tyrantum, Ariados and Carracosta
>>
>Name
Thom "The Green Gentleman" Angel
>Age
>Home
Eterna City, Sinnoh
>Occupation
Travelling Performer
>Party
Torterra, Lickilicky, Aegislash, Rotom Mow (Main Bro), Exploud, Marowak

>Appearance
I'm a terrible drawer, i'll get that out of the way. You've probably seen my attempt at drawing it a few weeks back.

My general appearance is a slightly chubby white guy with short dark brown hair, bushy eyebrows, and blue-grey eyes. For my outfit, picture a barbershop quartet singer, hat and all, but the red has been swapped with green.

I've been thinking about how I can add a bit more pokemon flair to it, but none has come to mind. If any drawfriends want to tackle my character and have any ideas to make it a bit more pokemon oriented, be my guest.
>>
A late night bump
>>
>>28889372
Shit didn't notice, cheers.
>>
Not exactly an OC, per se, but here's a character I made up during one of those 'genie-grants-your-wish' thread.

Specifically, it's the 'you-turned-into-gijinka' thread.
Kind of a weird choice, sure, but fuck it.

>Name
David Archibald, alias Dave.
>Age
Early twenties, maybe younger.
>Home
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh.
>Occupation
Stay-at-home trainer.
>Party
Umbreon. Which was the aforementioned gijinka.
>Appearance
Just picture the most basic-looking dark-haired bishie you can think of, because that's basically what he looks like.

That's it for now.
I may or may not add some things, because right now I can't really remember what I wrote for the guy.
>>
>>28892004
So.... Seth Rogan as the Green Hornet?
>>
>>28895694
What? No, not anything like that.
>>
File: Lazul and Mudkip.png (637KB, 1344x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Lazul and Mudkip.png
637KB, 1344x1900px
>>28881796
Uh, i kinda made this cuz for whatever reason i felt like being part of this, so anyways this is my character Lazul and her mudkip she found alone one day
so what do you guys think of it?
>>
>>28881796
I guess I'll go full autism mode and do a self-insert.

>Name/Alias
Arti (haven't thought of last name yet)
>Age
>Hometown/Region
Nacrene City, Unova
>Occupation
Library technician at the Nacrene Museum/Library
>Party
Klefki - Given to me by my boss/mentor a sagely old man who has been the librarian for almost all of his life. Klefki holds onto the keys for the rare and reference collections and is basically the only form of security the library has.

I haven't really thought of what other pokemon Arti would have. I want to stick to pokemon who could help out around the library, but also be good companions. I'm thinking some more fairy types. Arti is pretty dimwitted, gullible and often makes a fool of herself, so I don't think something smart like psychic pokemon would work well.

If anyone has some ideas I would love to hear them!

>Appearance
5'0
female
Normal weight, mabe slightly overweight
short dark brown hair
black circle glasses (think harry potter)
Baggy dark olive knit cardigan with pockets
Thin, black long sleeve shirt underneath cardigan
Thick black leggings
Black "punk" boots
Long ammonite necklace - halved to show the inside chambers, because it's not a full fossil it can't be revived.
>>
File: 2016-10-03_13.14.09.png (3KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-03_13.14.09.png
3KB, 512x512px
>Name/Alias
Runaburezu, goes by Runa
>Age
>Hometown/Region
Born in Unova, but raised in Johto.
>Occupation
Currently traveling, but can make balls out of Apricorns to sell when low on money
>Party
Usually Clawitzer/Arcanine/Braviary/Spritzee/Shaymin (Land Forme only)/Galvantula, but currently Shuckle instead of Galvantula and Empoleon instead of Clawitzer

Also her eyes are brown (not depicted)
>>
>>28898703
>Land Forme only
Good taste
>>
Is this basically an ascended Trainer Card thread, or do many of you actually write fan-faction and stuff like that?

I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm genuinely curious because I have a bunch of autistic OCs of my own.
>>
Aside from Oricorio, what other pokémon would make for good cheerleaders?
>>
>>28899159
There's Plusle and Minun. I imagine Pachirisu and Dedenne could be cute pom-pom havers. Since Purrloin can stand bipedal, would it be a stretch to see it being a cheerleader? These are just off the top of my head.

>>28899110
I'm not sure if you would call it a TC thread, per se. Basically, we share our trainers, and we also use roll20 for tabletop quests!
I bet people would love to hear about your OCs though, so you could talk about them here!
>>
>>28899159
Jumpluff
>>
>>28897994
I might also give her a normal type pokemon like Bewear so it could reach the top of the shelves.
>>
>>28900711
ambipom
Agile and so many hands.
>>
>>28901649
Ambipom is actually super short though.
>>
>>28901721
But it can climb the shelves.
Bewear is super strong, it might not be able to handle delicate books or be around scientific equipment.
>>
>>28901777
Hmm, right you are. Thanks for the recommendation! Arti would just be working in the library so no scientific equipment in sight. Just lots of books and other paper related works.
>>
I love these kinds of threads. I got drawn into the whole OC thing from Pro-Wrestling and writing character gimmicks, promos, and stuff.
>>
>>28901983
>>28901983
There are pro-wrestling OCS?
>>
>>28902088
There's a whole world of CAW(create-a-wrestlers) and CAW leagues/federations out there. Some people literally became their OC's and wrestled as them.
WWE embraced this and has possibly the best character creation tools in gaming
>>
>>28902088
Once you accept pro wrestling as pretty much a live action battle shonen where everyone has back stories and special attacks, and utilize certain design philosphies to make them a fully fledged characters, everything starts to make more sense.
>>
>>28902335
This is such a good way of describing wrestling and the wrestling OC scene. Stealing this.
>>
>>28881796
Might as well give this a shot:

>Name/Alias
Dr. Byron Larch

>Age

>Hometown/Region
Cinnabar Island by birth and raised, currently lives in Anville Town.

>Occupation
Researcher, currently studies Pokemon Social Behavior to hopefully become a Prof. in the future.

>Party
Arcanine - First partner. Stalwart friend, good dog, etc.
Aggron - Principal muscle. Endurance is legendary etc.
Porygon-Z - Was given a Porygon by a Professor who was interested in his field of study. A few interesting mods later and he's an interesting object of study. Not that it doesn't fuck with his research sometimes. It's sort of it's hobby of "rearranging" things on his computer into simple pictures.
>>
>>28895240
Might as well get the whole family here. Leaving out the appearance until I can actually work it out.

Eve Archibald, alias Mother.
Around 10 years old.
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh.
Honorary mother, student.
Eevee.

Flint Archibald, alias Fleets.
Around 18 years old.
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh.
Stay-at-home trainer.
Flareon.

Estella Archibald, alias Stella.
Around 16 years old.
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh.
Stay-at-home trainer.
Espeon

Liliana Archibald, alias Lily.
Around 18 years old.
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh.
Stay-at-home trainer.
Leafeon.

Silvia Archibald, alias IA (stage name).
Early twenties.
Jubilife City, Sinnoh.
Performer.
Sylveon.

Jacob Archibald, alias JOKER (stage name).
Mid-twenties.
Jubilife City, Sinnoh.
Performer.
Jolteon.

Gloria Archibald, alias Queen.
Late twenties.
Hearthome City, Sinnoh.
Model, idol.
Glaceon.

Valentine Archibald, alias Val.
Mid-twenties.
Hearthome City, Sinnoh.
Model, idol.
Vaporeon.
>>
A small night-time bump
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.