[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled can we call this the worst pseudo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-706Goodra.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-706Goodra.png
49KB, 250x250px
Now that the dust has settled can we call this the worst pseudo?
>>
>>28857812
no
>>
>>28857812
>>28857826
No because I don't let people ruin things for me.
>>
>>28857812
Yes duh
>>
>>28857812
no
>>
I don't care what you guys think. this thing has saved me in battles so many times
>>
>>28857812
how could you say that about her
>>
>>28857812
I'd like it if it wasn't awful.
Get rid of the goo near the mouth and kill all the fetishists
>>
>>28857017
Is this a good enough answer?
>>
>>28857812
Second most fuggable, so I think it's alright.
>>
>>28857826
First post best post
>>
File: goomy-3.gif (114KB, 192x192px)
goomy-3.gif
114KB, 192x192px
>>28857812
No. Goodra is great and Goomy is one of the cutest Pokemon in the game.
>>
>>28857938
>>28857889
>>28857837
>>28857833
>>28857827

This is one reason why I kind of hate Goodra,it's just so overrated.
I really don't hate it,but it's just to overused.
>>
>>28857812
It was very dissapointing how they dropped the snail theme with Sliggoo and went for what is basically a slimy, wingless Dragonite.
>>
>>28858142
>overated
>most of the replies itt have been negative
>>
>>28857812
If Poppmaid is real, Yes.
>>
>>28858320
What does that have to do with goodra?
>>
>>28857812
I miss goo. dra waifu guy
i would always cheer for him
>>
>>28858332
Any chance denialfags and leakerfags see to start their bullshit, they're gonna take it.
>>
Either Goodra or regular Metagross are the worst, but I'm leaning toward Metagross. Bulk with no recovery is a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>28857812
I would have liked it if it was the Lou Carcolh we should've gotten...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Carcolh
>>
>>28857827
>>28857833
>>28857837
>>28857852
Name a worse pseudo.
>>
>>28858377
I thought Hydreigon is competitively the worst.
>>
>>28858408
orange barney
>>
>>28858413
No, it just can't be the one trick pony act it used to. Actually, Hydreigon is being suspected in UU right now IIRC, despite having shoutmon in the tier now.
>>
>>28857853
That's fucking impossible, they made really fucking sure that you couldn't ever lose no matter how poor your decisions were.
>>
>>28858479
Competitive, you fucking idiot
>>
>>28858377
Metagross has Rocks, Pursuit and priority.
>>
Aegislash should've been the pseudo for gen 6
>>
>>28859513
You mean Noivern.
>>
>>28858377
If you count megas, Metagross is on par with Tyranitar and Garchomp and only surpassed by mega croissant.
>>
Fuck off, both Salamence and Tyranitar were a waste of time.

Goobae 4 eva
>>
>in terms of viability
yeah, unfortunately

>in terms of design
hell no, it's way better than Salamence
>>
File: image.png (94KB, 1302x1301px)
image.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>28859590
>>
not in terms of battle usefullness, just overall a best. in order

>1. Dragonite
>2. Tyranitar
>3. Garchomp
>4. Metagross
>5. Salamence
>6. Goodra
>7. Hydreigon
>>
>>28859552
Either one would've been 10 times better that goodra. I just went with aegislash cuz of the defensive aspect.
>>
>>28858428
I meant more in metas that allow all 7 non-Mega pseudos like OU/Ubers and official formats.
>>
>>28859607
>1. Dragonite
wew
>>
>>28857812
Nope. Tyranitar is. It's just a wannabe Godzilla.
>>
>>28859607
>Hydreigon
>Has literally no counters
>Lower than Poodra
?
>>
File: image.png (286KB, 552x530px)
image.png
286KB, 552x530px
>>28859792
>>28859590
DON'T YOU BE TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY BROMON
>>
In battles I feel like it's the worst.
Dragonite and Salamence are uglier though.

Especially Salamence's 3d model, he's just a fat floating blue turd.
>>
>>28857812
> cute
> interesting and creative theme
> first stage has an amazing design
> not too visually noisy or too plain
> most importantly, Salamence exists
No, we can not.
>>
File: Slime Time.png (672KB, 1075x623px) Image search: [Google]
Slime Time.png
672KB, 1075x623px
Sap-Sipper, Hydration, or Gooey?
>>
>>28858423
orange barney is the best HM slave in the game
it can learn surf, waterfall, fly, cut, rock smash, and more
its the only one capable of learning all that without being a legendary
>>
>>28859898

Sap Sipper
>>
>>28857812
>overrated
>in a thread comparing it to other psuedos
>>
File: 1472208107548.png (204KB, 331x228px)
1472208107548.png
204KB, 331x228px
>>28859607
>1.Dragonite
>>
>>28859830
>Flabebe used fairy wind
>>
>>28860076
>42 base speed
>Hydreigon used Flash Cannon!
>Hydreigon used Iron Tail!
>>
>>28859898
Gooey
>>
>>28857812
Jesus christ. What were they thinking giving the greenlight on this atrocious design?
>>
>>28860419
>we want the slugfucker audience
>>
>>28859590
>he doesnt DD bulky mega ttar

git gud scrub
>>
>Dragonite:
-Pretty good in its debut gen with Wrap, Agility and Twave
-Its gens 2/3 were weak, it was a versatile attacker but in gen 2 it just didn't fit the meta and in gen 3 he was outclassed by Salamence (Gen 4 was the same but mence eventually got banned, remaining as the most versatile dragon dancer) The only advantage it had over other pseudos was its access to ExtremeSpeed.
-Gen 5 is where it started shining due to Multiscale, becoming a fearsome hurricane spammer in rain while retaining a viable Dragon Dance set.
-Gen 6 added Weakness Policy which allowed it to punish anything trying to hit him with a weak super effective attack through multiscale.

>Tyranitar:
-Really good since its debut, its curse set was good and it sported the strongest Pursuit in the tier which allowed it to punish switches in the switchfest that was gen2
-Its best era was gen3 where it got sand stream and dragon dance and became the best Pokemon in the gen as well as one of the most versatile ones with its mixed sets.
-In gen 4 it got Choice Scarf allowing him to Pursuit trap the omnipresent Starmie as well as a free 1.5 boost to its special defense, the split allowed him to use Crunch as a legit offensive move and it got a better replacement for Rock Slide.
-He retains S-Tier status throughout gen 5 as a weather setter, as well as an amazing mon by itself.
-Gen 6 was probably its weakest era but even then it remains an incredibly strong Pokemon who can pursuit trap psychics, wall special attackers, support it team with sand, set up (Mostly with its mega) and sweep, and it can break walls with Choice Band.
>>
>>28860641
>Salamence:
-Was great in gen 3, with its Intimidate ability allowing it to switch into many threats, its 100 base speed was amazing at the time coupled with its 135 base attack, a Choice Band would allow it to break through many walls and if it wanted it'd be able to set up with Dragon Dance, the only thing holding him back was a lack of good STAB
-Gen 4 made it completely counterless, the split allowed him to use Dragon type moves in conjunction with Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor, Roost and Outrage became powerful tools, it could run mixed sets, choice sets, you name it. Eventually got banned from OU.
-Gen 5 didn't change it that much, just made it a lot snowballier with Moxie, meaning if it succesfully set up once or twice and got rolling then nothing would stop it.
-Gen 6 was both a curse and a blessing for it. On one side it was completely overshadowed as a Dragon Dancer by Dragonite and Charizard, not to mention it had a harder time dealing with Fairies than these two. On the other side it got a Mega that became arguably the second or third best Mega in the game. It has absolutely no counters and it can run too many viable sets for anyone to prepare for.
>>
>>28860665
>Metagross:
-In gen 3 it was a pretty decent pokemon, it had a myriad of moves that allowed him to check many threats at once, its Agility set was deadly once Skarmory was out of the game and its Choice Band set would allow him to break through a lot of walls. Its immunity to Intimidate was a boon too.
-Gen 4's biggest benefits for Metagross were the phys/special split allowing it to use its massive attack stat to its full extent, Thunderpunch no longer needed Spatk investment, Pursuit was viable, Zen Headbutt was a thing, Bullet Punch gave it priority. On top of that it gained access to Stealth Rock and Choice Scarf could fix its mediocre speed.
-Gen 5 didn't change much about Metagross, its Hidden Ability is literally useless, and overall it seemed to fall behind in viability
-Gen 6 nerfed it a lot. It's typing gained two weaknesses making it no longer check as many threats as it used to, not to mention the prevalence of Knock Off. However thanks to Assault Vest it could check Fairy types pretty well.
Its Mega boosted most of of its offensive options as well as its awful speed making it a deadly sweeper.

>Garchomp:
-The best pokemon in gen4 OU, so good it got banned. With Yache berry it took two hits by a non STAB ice type attack to beat it down, it could outspeed base 100s, had amazing coverage with fire moves to beat Skarm/Bronzong and on top of that its ability granted it a free 20% evasion if Sandstorm was in play, which was 95% of games since Tyranitar was incredibly common too.
-Gen 5 allowed it into OU again with Rough Skin, was still one of the best wallbreakers/sweepers
-Gen 6 added the fairy type and while it did jack shit to make Garchomp less viable, it did hurt its viabilty as a sweeper. Now more commonly seen as a bulky Stealth Rocks setter that can passively hurt pokemon using weak priority contact moves such as Fake out as well as checking Talonflame. Its Mega is an ok wallbreaker, the speed loss really hurt it.
>>
Nah that dragon is lit
>>
Dragonite my fav tho
>>
>>28860692
>Hydreigon:
-If there's one thing Hydreigon can boast about is having no counters. However its lack of speed and the omnipresence of Fighting types as well as better dragons kept it from being top tier. Even then with the right set, nothing could switch into it
-Fairies really hurt its viabilty but it continues to have no true counters, it's still an amazing offensive mon with really good support options.

>Goodra:
-Probably the black sheep of the pseudo family. It's supposed to be bulky yet doesn't have any recovery and unlike Tyranitar or Metagross its support options are mediocre, no Rocks, no Pursuit, no priority, only rain. Monotype Dragon means it has no secondary STAB to deal with steels/fairies. The only advantage it has is it's unpredictable. People won't know if it runs physical or special moves or if it's Sap Sipper, Gooey or Hydratation but once that's out of the way it's pretty easy to counter.
Assault Vest makes it a really good Special Wall but the lack of recovery hurts it so it practically begs for Wish support which is mostly gotten from other special walls.
It can run a Curse set but Curse is just really bad nowadays.
>>
>>28857812
If we combine design and competitive viability, I believe it goes like this :
Tyranitar>Salamence>=Garchomp>Metagross>Hydreigon>Dragonite>Goodra
>>
>>28860692
>gen 3
>choice band
>>
I'm not a big fan of any pseudo that isn't Garchomp, so you can say all of the others are equally neutral for me.
>>
>>28862093
Nevermind. I forgot pic related is a pseudo.
>>
Fist of all, its another Dragon type pseudo legendary and even worse, it's only a dragon. It doesn't even have a second type despite every past full evolved pseudo having one.

Not every Pseudo needs to be a Dragon type. Just look how awesome Tyranitar and Metagross are.

Hydriegon got a free pass because not only was Dragon/Dark a new type combination, but he was based on a Hydra which was a concept that hadn’t yet been done yet. Goodra is just a slime monster, something we already have in Grimer and Muk.

As if that wasn't enough, Sliggoo also has a rather annoying evolution method. It's not enough to just level it up like literally every other pseudo legendary. No. That would be too normal.

Goodra also requires you to Level it up in the rain for whatever reason.

How annoying…

But wait! There's more!
You can't use rain from Rain Dance, Drizzle or Primordial Sea. It has to be naturally occurring rain from the overworld. Arrggghhh
>>
>>28857812
>le dust has settled meme

Go back to /v/
>>
>>28857812
Metagross is objectively much worse.
>>
>>28857812
>not Dragon/Poison
>not even Dragon/Water
>first pseudo with only 1 type
>has no movepool
>has shit BST distribution
into the trash it goes
>>
>>28859830
>no counters

Yeah maybe in gen 5
>>
>>28862646
>dragon/poison
>recovery,better movepool
Destroys everyone
>>
>>28862724
Let it happen. To makeup for that seaweed abomination that was so disappointing.
>>
>>28859620
Hydreigon is OU viable in Smogon, and is one of the most dominating UU mon's at the moment. It's currently being suspected.

In any non-meme VGC, it's got one of the highest usage rates.
>>
>>28858142
>overrated

nice meme friend
>>
>Another Dragon type pseudo
>This time it's a pure Dragon type, so not even a very good or interesting typing
>Sliggoo was a good design with features that resembled the creature their line was based on(i.e. no legs, a forming shell, glowing green eyes). Goodra abandons every single one of these traits to become just a slime covered wingless Dragonite.
>Overly specific and just bad evolution method
>Bad abilities
>Basically unviable even in its debut gen. Some other pseudos might have aged badly, but they at least were all good when they debuted.
>No access to Recover, even though every other snail/slug Pokémon can learn it. Makes all its bulk go to waste.
>Gardevoir tier fanbase.

It has literally no redeeming qualities.
>>
I almost wonder if GF didn't make Goodra Dragon/Poison because then people would be using it instead of the new Fairies. Yes, Dragalge exists, but its lack of speed leaves it vulnerable before it gets a chance to move.

While it would have been a good counter to some Fairies, a dragon/poison Goodra would have had nothing on Klefki or Metagross anyways, so from a competitive standpoint, Goodra would have been acceptable.
>>
>>28857812
the anime ruined goodra for me

also i dont like its dumb face
>>
>>28862841
dragon/poison is a shitty typing even for a pseudo
like dragalges bulk isnt even bad, its just that his hp is basically halved due to how difficult it is to find something that DOESNT hit him with se coverage from being weak to both ice and ground, and goodra would have the same problem if it shared the type since a shitty additional stab fixes zero of its flaws
>>
>>28861664
Choice Band existed in Gen 3, idiot.
>>
>>28857812
I think dumbasses like you that start threads with "Now that the dust has settled" need to get fucking annihilated. That is such a fucking obnoxious clickbait-tier way of starting a thread and just makes the catalog look like it was fucked by spam bots. Are you seriously so retarded that you can't even make your own thread without resorting to using a generic catchall phrase to try and start a discussion?
>>
>>28863132
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this anon is completely assblasted?
>>
>>28857812
Counting megays separately.

1. Megamence
No fucking contest it's S ranked in ubers for fucks sake.
2. Garchomp
Still the best 2004. Can fit onto any team you make and be good. Just all around strong.
3. Megagross
Hits like no ones business is sanic as heck and unpredictable. Only reason its below garchomp is the fact it's a mega and you can't just throw it on any team thanks to the 1 mega limit.
4. Tyranitar
No one takes hits like Tyranitar. No one sets rocks like Tyranitar. No one kills lati@s like Tyranitar. No one uses ice beam on a physical pokemon like Tyranitar. No one sets sand like Tyranitar. All around great pokemon that can go on any damn team you want it to no issues like garchomp, just with an infinitely shittier typing.
5. Dragonite
Multiscale is absurd on something with dragon dance and those stats. Piss poor coverage though, and a lack of a good physical flying STAB neuter its potential.
6. Salamence
It's like dragonite with no real ability to set up thanks to a distinct lack of bulk. Intimidate is nice and all, ain't enough. 100 base speed isn't good unboosted so it isn't like it can abuse that 110 special attack.
7. Hydriegon
It has perfect coverage.
Its STABs have excellent neutral coverage and are walled by very little STABs walled by fairy > STABs walled by steel. Call me when most fairies aren't shitmons.
It has good utility too in roost and u turn.
It has enough attack to do things with and the movepool to back it up.
It has base 98 speed. RIP
8. Metagross
Despite getting progressively worse as the series goes on it's still metagross. Hits like a mofo and bulks shit it really shouldn't.
9. Goodra
Jack of all trades master of none. As a wall it can't fucking recover and has really awful defence as a true wall. Offensively just too weak. Slow. Jack shit for support moves. Would have been #1 in gen 5.
10. Mega garchomp
worse than regular garchomp why did you even apply.
>>
File: tldr-gif.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
tldr-gif.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>28860641
>>28860665
>>28860692
>>28860715
So... much... autism...
>>
>>28863526
You somehow remembered Megarchomp but forgot Megatar.
>>
>>28863598
>some dude replying to a thread with his opinion on a subject about a game is autism

when did autism substitute for "caring too much" and "effort"? It's like unless you're doing one liners, you're autism
>>
>>28863604
I ran out of room
Megatar is basically just ttar but more yeah.

>>28863598
so....many....ellipses...
>>
>>28863526
You forgot Megatar
>>
>>28863627
When the thing you care about too much is a children's game, it's autism.
It is even more cringe worthy when someone tries to defend the autism.
>>
>>28857812
In terms of looks/design, yeah.
In terms of battle ability, probably also yeah.
>>
>>28857812

I'm still mad it isn't Dragon/Poison
>>
>>28863598
You're a faggot.
>>
>>28863657
Why are you even here then if giving a decent detailed reply is enough to trigger you? Shouldn't you be on reddit or something?
>>
>>28863598
>asks a question
>gets an answer
>b-b-but you're autistic

Sorry your Goodra is such shit
>>
>>28863657
>I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself.
Your insecurity is showing.
>>
>>28863753

There's a difference between playing a kid's game and obsessing over it like a fucking autist.
>>
>>28863818
>being knowledgeable is autistic

But no, please, continue.
>>
>>28863843

I bet you consider being knowledgeable about Sonic and MLP autistic.
>>
>>28863818
>>28863657

Dude you're on a pokemon board. Why are you on a high horse? Like get a grip with your station in life right now. You are on a weeb site for pokemon hahahhahahaha

It's almost like that guy's detail into a question raised by OP made you feel insecure
>>
I really love Goomy, and I really log Sliggoo, I just don't know what the fuco they were thinking with Goodra. It doesn't even fit the fucking concept anymore, considering Sliggoo is literally blind but HEY LET'S THROW BIG GOOGLY EYES ON THE EVO!!!

I really loved what they were doing with the Snail concept too. They should have made it into a giant snail cute monster and given it the first dragon/fairy type. You can tell these was disconnect between the person who designed the first two stages and the person who designed the final one. It's terrible. It's sad because Sliggoo has one of my favorite designs in the whole game and then it just turns into fucking Barney.
>>
>>28863910
This.
Everyone here is talking about its competitive viability, but outside of that it's probably one of the worst final evos ever designed.
>>
>>28857812
Literally all you had to do was switch its attack and defence stats.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.