[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people care so much about the leaked starter forms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12

File: 1469121775418.jpg (221KB, 537x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1469121775418.jpg
221KB, 537x1171px
Nobodies gonna care about the starters after this gen.

Its not like any starters from the past few gens are even popular among the fan base. Nobody cares about torterra, emboar, chesnaught and the like.

They're just treat like any other pokemon now. You either like them or don't. I don't get why this board is plagued by those fucking leaked starters all the time. You guys don't like bounsweet so why don't you have 50 threads batching about that? Don't pretend starters even mean anything now. They used to be special, but you'd think people would have learn.

They're just another mon you like or don't. Get over it.
>>
>why do people care about shit that isnt real

Kys
>>
>>28845791
They are steaming shit and the artist should be fired.
>>28845798
Shit? Yes. Fake? No. Sadly.
I wish they were but i've just given up on that hope. I'll just pretend they don't even exist, that Gamefreak just didn't make starters this Gen.
>>
Fennekin and Froakie's line is hugely popular.
>>
>>28845791
>Nobodies gonna care about the starters
You're right; most people will box their starters in exchange for better 'mon.

You know what they actually care about?
Seeing the denialfags/leakfags (whichever side you're on) getting BTFO.

This, of course, leads to a bunch of needless shitposting for a bunch of 'mon no one will use outside the first battle. Maybe.
>>
>>28845791
>Nobody cares about torterra
Fuck you, Torterra is still the best starter.
>>
>>28845791
>its not like any starters from the past few gens are even popular.
Say that to Infernape and Greninja, as well as Braixen and Serperior to a lesser extent.
>>
>>28845791
>I don't get why this board is plagued by those fucking leaked starters all the time.
>makes another thread
this is next level bait
>>
>>28845791
>Its not like any starters from the past few gens are even popular among the fan base.

lmao
>>
>>28845791
I care about Poppmaid. It has a good design and possibly good typing.
>>
>>28845791
Friendly reminder everybody hated greninja at first and now he is among the most popular pokemon in the franchise.

It woulb be hilarious if it happens with Litten3.
>>
>>28845989
Luchalitten will only be popular in Japan. Especially if it is another Fire/Fighting. Japan likes these kinds of mons, this one probably especially because of Tiger Mask. But for most other people it's another "lol make it bipedal, give it a mask and make it Fire/Fighting. the fans surely love that" episode.
>>
>>28846021
The same argument was made for infernape, back in the days tho.
I mean even reddit is starting to like Litten3, its's just a proof with good fan-art and everyting can be popular, then again most of them assume it will be fire/dark (which i really hope so).

And to be honest GF pretty much only care about what japan want and nothing else.
>>
Oh wow like 3 starters became popular in the last few gens.
Big fucking deal. These ones will be forgotten after gen 7 so save your anger. Starters popularity has been going downhill since gen 3.

Personally I like luchalitten, but I know after a month of the games release no one will care about the starters any more. I just don't get why people make such a big deal over them when they haven't truly been relevant for a while.
>>
>>28846045
To be fair, Inferape became popular because of the anime and the fact it's the best out of the three Fire/Fighting starters. I've never looked at reddit but from what I have seen 90% there are saying "gud plzztz let sis abomintion fek!!!!! my littion :( ((((((((((I((((". True on that last part though.
>>
>>28846102
I will agree with that last bit to an extent.
The most recent popular starters have been popular for reasons other than actually being starters. If they were regular pokemon they'd probably be just as popular if other conditions remained the same.
>>
>>28845846
>>28845791

THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL THEY'RE NOT REAL
>>
>>28846375
Really, stop.
I was in denial aswell but it doesn't help.
It's just another Gen 5 starter tier episode.
We need to accept it, yes they are bad but we can't do anything about it.
>>
>>28846417
this.
I was a denier until Mallow, but only fools will deny something out of simple dislike.
That said, I did grow to like the archer and siren. Baracat can go die in its own fire though.
>>
>>28846111
>infernape
>best F/F starter
Maybe back before they nerfed its bst in platinum. Ever since the nerf and the introduction of hidden abilities blaziken has been the clear champ of the fire fighting starters.
>>
>>28846605
>Blaziken better
No!!! Please don't remind me.
>>
I don't see why people hate the starters so much. I think all three are great designs. And I hated the XY starters.
>>
>>28846417
I'm not in denial I just know obvious fakemon when I see them.
>>
>>28845791
People care because they are relevant right now. In five years, with another couple of generations, they will look back and say "I thought Luchalitten was bad, but *insert name here* is far worst".
>>
This is all your fault /vp/.

If you let us shit on abominations like Samurott, Emboar, Chesnaught and Delphox in peace, GF would have learned their lessons and made better starters. But no, you just had to be contrarian scumbags and defend these abominations like your life depended on it. Because of your contrarian scumbaggery, GF was convinced that they did something right. It's your fault that Litten3 is bipedal shit instead of quadrupedal, it's your fault that Popplio3 is furbait shit instead of being a based af clown, it's your fault that Rowlet3 is humanoid bullshit instead of becoming a badass gryphon.

Fuck contrarians.
>>
File: 1474162669221.jpg (40KB, 406x395px) Image search: [Google]
1474162669221.jpg
40KB, 406x395px
>>28846721
I unironically like all the starters you listed. And I even like all of the leaked Gen 7 ones.

salt inc
>>
>>28845791
>Its not like any starters from the past few gens are even popular among the fan base.
Blaziken and Greninja say hi
>>
>>28845983

I've always picked Fire type starters since Red in '98 in my main run through, but this is seriously tempting me to ditch that mantra for this Generation.
>>
File: Hanamura_(10).png (88KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hanamura_(10).png
88KB, 960x560px
>>28846375
>>
>>28846853
You should do it.
Poppmaid is slightly less horrible than "lol Fire/Fighting is kewl typing lez do it again but even uglier than Emboar xddddd". Robinhoot is truly the least terrible but still absolute garbage.
>>
>>28845791
They are fake and generic
>>
>>28846899
>>28846899
Why are you so retarded? Firecrotch is Fire/Dark
>>
File: A dark type starter Pokemon.jpg (50KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
A dark type starter Pokemon.jpg
50KB, 300x301px
>>28846945
Nothing to prove that.
This starter has a dark pattern and a grim smile, therefore this must be a Fire/Dark type.
>B-But asian mist
>B-But aggressive asshole
It's just another Emboar, accept it.
Fighting types can be aggressive too, Pangoro as example. Yeah cool it's based on Tiger Mask, it still is a Fighting type.
>>
>>28845846

Have fun in your pretend world.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>28845983

Same. Even when these aren't the current starters anymore, they will still have their fans. OP is retarded, as usual.
>>
>>28846721

Gr8 b8.
>>
>>28845912
>most people wil box their starters
source: your ass
ive never met a real life person who does this, ive only heard about this bullshit from you losers.
>>
>>28846945
how is dark more plausible than fighting when it's clearly a wrestler.
i get there are pokemon that look like another type but for now the safest bet is that it's fighting.
>>
>>28846721
>Like GF gives a shit about Anonymous opinions on 4Chan.

>As if workers actually ever visit the site.

Salty anon
>>
I love all the butthurt poppmaid faggots whiteknighting for their stupid seal. They try to make it not obvious but it is incredibly obvious when they do it.
>>
>>28847022
>fighting types can be aggressive too
>uses one that's also dark type

Also, being aggressive isn't the same as being an asshole, and slamming the announcer table into someone's face is heel 101
>>
>>28847380

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>28847269

Well in Japan, while Dark is called Evil type, it's more about fighting dirty, so Litten3 could become a Heel wrestler who always fights dirty, but really I think they could be going for another Gen IV vibe, where each starter had a secondary type to balance out their weakness, but to improve on it ('Cause Empoleon got a bit fucked over).
>>
>why does the pokemon board care about pokemon???
>>
>>28847534
There's so much other shit to talk about other than these abominations. There's hundreds of these threads a week who cares anymore?
>>
>>28847561
Considering there's hundreds of threads a week, a lot of people apparently.
>>
File: Disgruntled sister.jpg (211KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
Disgruntled sister.jpg
211KB, 691x625px
>Didn't want to pick Fire starter because I've been the biggest Fire fag for the longest time and I'm already tired of Fire type in general
>Didn't want to pick Grass type because last time, I picked Chesnaught, which is Grass/Fighting, but at least that one is a different type combination and I'm partially used to Grass types as well
>Was intending to go Popplio to experiment Water type for a change and he looked like a fun starter

>Turns into a mermaid of which I could give less of a crap about and care about design wise
>Dodged a bullet with the wrestler there, wasn't intending to go with him to begin with
>The only one who even remotely interests me is the owl but my original intent was Popplio since I was already used to the idea of picking him up

>Have to sulk it up and pick something else because this is what we'll get and everyone is already defending these as if they're the second coming of Jesus and saying my opinion doesn't matter

This generation is going to be a bore to go through.
>>
It's just leakfags that have nothing better to do than pretending they think it's real. No one is actually believing it. It's just shitposting.
>>
>>28847245
>Implying the people you've met is more of a majority than the so-called losers
Surely you jest.
>>
ITT: People who've forgotten you can just pick a random starter and trade it for something else later.
>>
>>28845791
>Why do people care so much about the leaked starter forms?
Because instead of 3 absolute garbage mons we could have memorable and good mons.

tfw
>>
>>28847927

Ebin.
>>
>>28847927
>Because instead of 3 absolute garbage mons we could have memorable and good mons.

Please show us these "memorable and good" Pokemon we could have had instead. Oh wait, they don't exist. Stop acting like there was any choice in the matter.
>>
>>28846417
only mediocre one is Luchalitten, and it's still better than what we got with Tepig, kill self
>>
>>28847962
Ebin
>>
>>28845935
What games have Infernape and Serperior been in?
Snivy, Braixen, and Greninja are all in a few. and Snivy has fame from the early BW series
>>
Everyone wanted a water/fighting starter. How do Gamefreak fuck up so fucking hard?
>>
>>28847022
>Pangoro as example.

Yes, Pangoro, the Pokemon you get by keeping a spunky tween around bad influences making it grow up into a rough bully.
Not only is Pangoro a dark type but it evolves BY BEING AROUND DARK TYPES.
>>
>>28848000
Blastoise, Feraligatr, Torterra, Swampert, Blaziken, Infernape, Serperior, Chesnaught, Charizard ...

And then we suddenly get these horrible abominations? The only redeeming factor with them is the typings and that the base forms are just as fucking awful, so there's no reason to be disappointed when shit becomes just more shit.Like when I first evolved my Grimer after days of constantly training.

>I dont know what I expected.jpeg
>>
>>28848355
>shitnaught
>memorable and good
Holy shit fuck off.
>>
>>28848390
>best starter we've had in 10 years
I know Quilladin is probably the worst designed Pokemon in the history of Pokemon, but still. The ONE bad thing about Chesnaught is it's not a rock-type
>>
>>28845791
This is the gen where I stop caring about my starter. Here's why:

There's so many amazing looking pokemon they've revealed for this generation that I'm gonna need more space in my party to house all my bros. I can't have a party of badassery if my shit starter is gonna be in it. The previous generations, there was at least one starter I wanted to keep around but this one has no such luxury. I'm boxing that shit as soon as I get a charjabug
>>
>>28845918
I enjoyed Torterra, but the only moment I really remember about using one is when I battled my brothers friend and his Alakazam didn't expect Tortie to crunch the everloving shit out of it.

I laf errtym
>>
Literally the frog is a flagship Pokémon now, stop talking stupidity
>>
>>28848318
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>28845983
The worst of the three. I can't even look at it
>>
>>28846417
I still want them to be fake but I know we're stuck with these shits
>>
>>28848417
>he used a Gen. 5 starter but doesn't want to use these

wew lad
>>
>>28848536
Take a look at the vast majority of Popplio fan evolutions. They're strongmen and fighting type clowns.
>>
>>28845798
found the underage
>>
>>28848355

I don't see what's so bad about these. You're just calling them abominations for whatever reason.
>>
>>28848619

I wouldn't say that, half of those are essentially what you said.

The other half is evolutions trying to make Popplio elegant and majestic.
>>
>>28848619

And look at the vast majority who got it wrong, crying "But I think it should be this way!!!" just smacks of immaturity. And to be quite honest, it's not as big a leap as some of the previous Generations left turns.
>>
File: 1295229240846.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
1295229240846.gif
2MB, 410x230px
QUESTION:
What is the possibility that these are indeed real and GF, wanting to cover up their fuck for this super early leak, will remodel them?

OR

This is actually an official fake leak just to fuck with us?
>>
>>28848703
Please don't remind us that the cancerous and obnoxious elegantfags won in the end.
>>
>>28848619

I'd also like to add, I'm hoping the Starters will have gender differences this time out but think I'm in the extreme minority with that one.
>>
>>28848721
And guess what? That's perfectly justifiable. The company is expected to give to the consumers what they want. If they do the exact opposite of what the consumers wanted, then they shouldn't be surprised when the consumers calls them on going against expectations and threatens to never buy anything from them ever again.
>>
>>28848725
>wanting to cover up their fuck for this super early leak, will remodel them?
They could be remade slightly given how early they were made. Minor detail changes. But unlikely. These models are extremely intensive, and something like this leaking into the public isn't going to have negative impact on sales anyway
>>
>>28848318

Considering they made the starter's evolutions long before they reveal their base forms to the public, no, they didn't fuck anything up.
>>
>>28845791
>Nobody cares about torterra

You can choke on a bag of dicks.
>>
>>28848729

And clown strongmen fags like Balliocucks aren't obnoxious?
>>
>>28848803

If whiners lack common sense and think these starter evolutions are made on the fly, that is not the company's fault.
>>
File: 1374891087785.gif (460KB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1374891087785.gif
460KB, 257x200px
>>28848803
>John Gamefreak's face when sales don't drop a cent
>>
>>28848725

None and none.

If it was a fuck up and they slipped out, ain't no way in hell they're missing the ship date to re-design and re-animate 6 'mons.
>>
>>28848803
>implying the man children and autists on /vp/ are the target demographic
Daily reminder that Pokémon is a kids game.
>>
>>28846721
Samurott is only bad because not what you wanted. Its a samurai warlord that moves like it's steed. Its a design that tries be symbolic rather than cool.
>>
>>28848982
And it fails even at being symbolic, so it's an all around failure.
>>
>>28846721
>Litten3 isn't quadruped
OK this is a reasonable complaint cuz you want variety in the fire starters, but do understand that no matter how many want it too, it would've been the most hated of the bunch like other quadruped starters before it
>Popplio3 is furbait
That literally applies to anything that isn't a human, this is less reasonable and what everyone spouts
>Rowlett3 isn't a gryphon
......nigger what? How the fuck would a baby barn owl turn into a fucking gryphon you absolute retard? This doesn't even make sense, I mean SOME pokemon turn kind of drastically but at least it makes fucking sense, this is just fucking stupid as all hell holy shit go back to school man you really fucking need it
>>
>>28848982
as a huge samurott fan please stop with this retarded steed argument. it makes us samurott fans look stupid and desperate. if other people don't like samurott just leave them to it and don't try to convince them it's good with this dumb explanation.
>>
>>28846375
gen 5
greninja
now.
>>
>>28846021
It's Fire/Dark
>>
>>28847022
>Nothing to prove that.
One of the earliest leaks before everything else was that Rowlet3 would be Grass/Flying, Popplio3 would be Water/Fairy, and Litten3 would be Fire/Dark

He's a heel wrestler.

Also

>Pangoro as example
Pangoro is a dark type.
>>
>>28845791
That´s not true. Many fans trade their old starters to new generations just to play with them a new game. I really love some of the old starters.
>>
File: HNI_0068.jpg (52KB, 798x457px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0068.jpg
52KB, 798x457px
>>28847882
>Surely you jest.
>>
File: db_d37wsv1.jpg (145KB, 501x779px) Image search: [Google]
db_d37wsv1.jpg
145KB, 501x779px
>>28851856
so, blaziken is fire/dark too.
>>
Only Luchalitten is kinda bad.
>>
>>28847830
You could just ditch your starter.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2957x2306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2957x2306px
>>28845791
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.