[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rivals and Companions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: Rivals and Companions.png (20KB, 909x260px) Image search: [Google]
Rivals and Companions.png
20KB, 909x260px
>region with best and worst rival(s)
>region with best and worst companion(s)

I dont mind any of the rivals besides Calem/Serena being a bit whiny

N>Ethan/Lyra>the others>Shauna, Tierno and Trevor
>>
>>28842203
Rivals:
N>Blue>Silver>Pinecone>Barry>Wally>Other protag

Companions:
Bel>Other Protag Gen 3>Other Protag Gen 2>Other Protag Gen 4>Shauna>Tierno/Trevor
>>
>>28842247
>Bel
who?
>>
>>28842203
Unova is the best and Kalos is the worst.
>>
>>28842312
This
>>
>>28842203
Can Ethan/Lyra be counted as Rivals?
>>
Sinnoh and Unova have the best rivals, rest are shit.
>>
>>28842338
The second row is companions. Thought it was kind of clear but I dunno
>>
>>28842203
I dislike Wally, N, Trevor, and Hugh
>>
>>28842247
I agree that other Sinnoh protag is kind of pathetic. Especially at the end where their little sister becomes a sellout and tells you all the swarms instead
>>
>>28842392
Hugh was rad though.
>>
...I liked the Kalos companions. It made me feel like I had friends.
>>
>>28842442
I like it more when your rival is at least half hellbent to beat your ass.
>>
>>28842392
Literally the best

Even Trevor is the best one of the asses
>>
File: three asses.png (14KB, 827x183px) Image search: [Google]
three asses.png
14KB, 827x183px
>>28842442
>always follows you around
>calls you to talk about inane shit
>still adorable
>actually helpful

Ethan/Lyra is the ultimate friend, friend

>>28842464
>the asses
>>
Barry best rival
>helps you out when you need it
>but never stops challanging you to get better
>ends up with the highest level team outside of red
>>
>>28842642
This desu, Barry was a perfect traditional rival

But at the same time, Blue was a perfect antagonistic rival and Wally was a perfect underdog rival
>>
File: 1300585327427.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300585327427.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>28842642
>>
>>28842492
Yeah the 3 asses of Kalos

Smart Ass
Fat Ass
Dat Ass
>>
>>28842460
I wish they would have went somewhere with that
>>
>>28842747
I know it was pic related
>>
>>28842203
Johto undoubtedly has the best rival.

Unova makes up for being horribly linear with good bro and waifu.

Kalos has the shittiest companions and is tied for shittiest rival along side OR/AS/E.
>>
>>28842820
I agree with everything here
>>
I feel like the rivals hit different types that people prefer.
Silver is a little too much CRAAAWWWWLING
Blue is a little too much SMMMEELLLLLLING
As in they're characters you can quickly tell you're supposed to hate, cause pokemon is for kids.

I like bro rivals like Pearl or Hugh.
Also companions and rivals could be deleted from Kalos and no one would notice they were gone. This also applies to the champ.
>>
>>28842773
Well I'm retarded. That post is legendary though
>>
>>28843149
Yeah man, it was a great quote

>>28843124
I actually love Hugh because he's only in it for the Purrloin and only battles you to make sure you guys are both strong enough to continue.

Silver is good though
>>
>>28842312
I think we can all agree that kalos was the worst, but I think johto had the best rival with silver.
>>
>>28842492
Huh. I always thought they were supposed to be the contest stats.
Calem - Blue - Cool (switched colours for some reason)
Serena - Red - Beauty (" ")
Shauna - Pink - Cute
Trevor - Green - Smart
Tierno - Yellow - Tough
>>
>>28843540
I like this interpretation. Doesnt make me like them much more, but its a cute idea
>>
>>28842203
I liked Hugh the best and Silver the least for rivals.
I like Bianca the best for companion, and Tierno/Trevor the least.
>>
>>28843708
Hugh his underrated
>>
Hoenn has the worst rivals, one being an autistic child and the other gave up with everything and didn't give a fuck.

Serena/Calem being rivals is ok, but the children really are awful. Specially the fatass and his stupid dance moves.
>>
>>28843928
It was the right balance of rival and friend.
as compared to XY rivals which barely show any rival, and Silver, who tries to be mean and tough but just comes off as a drooling, retarded edgelord.
>>
>>28842442
I would've liked them more if they had more than a surface-level personality.

Also if Shauna had a post-game dating sim. Fuck you, I wanted to date her.
>>
>>28843928
He's an autist. Great design and theme though.
>>
>>28843986
I mean, Silver at least showed growth

>>28844082
Hugh too. Became less annoying over time

That's really why they're my favs. They show real growth
>>
>>28842312
unovarbotions
>>
>Developed Tier
Silver, Barry
>Amusing Tier
Blue, Hugh
>Wasted Potential Tier
Wally, Trevor
>Developed But I Don't Like Them Tier
N
>Indifference Tier
Dawn/Lucas, Bianca, Serena/Calem, Shauna
>Low Tier
May/Brendan, Cheren
>Shit Tier
Lyra/Ethan
>Why Does He Exist Tierno
Tierno
>>
>>28846535
Tiers mean nothing when they're random things and not a logical progression from best to worst
>>
>>28846590
High and low is inferred by how high up or low down a given tier is
>>
>>28846604
Oh, well now all I can do is complain about how low Ethan/Lyra and Cheren are
>>
Can somebody sell me on Barry?

In D/P he seemed to just suffer from ADD, is him being the last rival to properly aim to be better than you (and having a team to back that up) his main selling point
>>
Bianca was cutest rival.
>>
>>28842203
Worst companions and rival: Kalos
Best companions: Brendan/May, it felt like the right combination of competition and friendship
Best rival: B2W2
>>
>>28847042
I think that's probably it.

I personally didnt like his character much, or how he ended up looking like a weirdo to everyone around him.
>>
N is not your rival. He's the antagonist. That's like calling Giovanni or Cyrus your rival.

I fucking hate you fucks. Stop sucking gen 5's dick like it's worth anything.
>>
>>28843928
muh sisters purrloin
muh rage
>>
>>28847202
Ghetsis is the antagonist though
N is your rival
>>
Blue is still the best. Silver only gets better in HGSS so i can't really consider him, Blue was already good in gen I

There's no contest that Kalos has the worst everything. The "friends" are annoying and Serena as a rival is infuriating in how defeatist she is every time. She's like reverse Blue

>>28847225
Don't even try arguing with Unovabortions
>>
>>28847202
It's my favorite you retard (and objectively the best)
>>
Your rival is Cheren. N isn't really your rival until otherwise proven, he even goes as TEAM PLASMA King until the end of the game.
>>
Silver has the best backstory out of all the rivals tho, son of Giovanni and wants to take down Team Rocket to show his superiority over his father. Far better than muh Purrloin.
>>
>>28847236
N is a part of team plasma. N is with team plasma up until the final moment of the game. N literally raises a fucking castle out of the ground at the end of the pokemon league.

He is not a rival. You are not both working together for a similar goal. He is the antagonist. Just because you want to literally drink his cum doesn't make him any less of an antagonist.

Your rivals in this game parallel your goals. Bianca/Cheren pursue truths/ideals respectively. Though they both want to be stronger, Bianca realizes that she's not strong enough and instead stays back to research with juniper.

Cheren on the other hand wants to become the champion and challenges you along the way up until the end of victory road where he admits you're stronger. These are rival characters.

N is just a coked up hippy who constantly waves his dick in your face acting like he's this majestic, righteous prophet of wisdom. That acid-tripping fuck has nothing in common with you and your goals.

N is not your rival. That gutter-trash, preachy piece of shit excuse for an antagonist the worst written character in the history of pokemon.
>>
>>28846445
t. kalosperm
>>
>>28847338
>implying that backstory is something presented in the story outside of the Celebi event in HGSS
>>
>>28847384
I love this board
>>
>>28847202
He's not placed in the Rival section in OP.

Calling N your antagonist would be like calling Eusine or AZ the antagonist

>>28846445
>>28847244
>unovabortions meme

>>28847396
Are you implying that gamefreak gave us that info for us to pretend it didnt happen?
>>
>>28847427
see>>28847338

Shit example. Neither Eusine or AZ are affiliated with the evil team in their region.

N is literally the spokesperson for team plasma. He might be the canary, but his goals are completely opposite of yours.

If N was your rival, then the goal of the game would be to release all your fucking pokemon and never actually play the game.

>LOL FUCK GYMS AND THE POKEMON LEAGUE, AMIRITE? I'M SO GLAD N IS OUR """""""""""""""""""RIVAL""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>28847569
But nobody except maybe two people in this thread called N a rival.

Again, he is separated from them in the OP and in almost everyone's lists, before someone came in and started complaining about N being something barely anyone called him
>>
Blue> Silver> Barry> Brendan/May >Wally >Hugh >Cheren/Bianca > 3 asses
TBQH
>>
>>28847244
She's more of a reverse Silver. He only gets more and more cocky the more he loses to you

>>28847225
Both of those got development though
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.