[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 Year Sinnoh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: .jpg (731KB, 2240x2624px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
731KB, 2240x2624px
4th gen is 10 year old...

What are some of your fondest thought or memories of Sinnoh, DP and Pt.

Personally i loved the chilly atmosphere of the region, it was nice conterpart to summery and hot Hoenn and i loved all the new touches the region had: Snowy areas, bllizzard, swamps, lakes, lots of mountain-y aread, fog (even if it was annoying it was cool to be able to experience it in the game), flowery fields, underground and digging, first haunted house in the series, in general a very rich region.

Not to mention i dont think any other games feel so mysterious plot and lore wise and yet the region was calming.

DP is ok but its Platinum where Sinnoh shined the most

Love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NYLAR5oz4A
>>
I love gen 4, although I started and like gen 3 a but more, Platinum will always be a favourite, I have put more hours into gen 4 more than any other gen. Count have wished for anything more when I was younger.
>>
Platinum Lucas is the best designed protagonist of all of Pokemon.
>>
File: an ancient evil awakens.webm (3MB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
an ancient evil awakens.webm
3MB, 900x540px
>>28829931
>all of those specific evolution requirements for the new mons
>Most of them aren't all that much better
not my favorite part honestly. Eviolite Rhydon ended up being a step better than Rhyperior though. In fact so did most of the pre evolutions when you hand them Eviolite, so that's pretty cash money of them
>>
Dumb underage sinnohfetuses already nostalgiaing over the WORST pokemon gen, fuck off back to pleddit and go circlejerk over your crappy gen over there instead Im sure youll get plenty of upvotes over "M-muh giratina so epik n cool!"
>>
>>28829983
>T. Hoenn faggot ps. i hate da evullll gen wunnerrrrzzzzz also cuz hoenn da best
>>
>>28829983
I can't even tell what you're saying. Stop talking like a twelve year old for a minute.
>>
>>28829983
Underage
Anyone who is nostalgic about gen 4 eithernwas a loner in high school who could lock themselves away and enjoy the games thanks to forums like Pokecommunity or Serebiiforums(we were the better teenage shitlords back then tbqh)
OR
Were starting out in college and thanks to the DS' insane popularity with Normies were able to play Pokemon in public without cringing and spent their college years playing gen 4.

So yeah, remind me who is underage, the crowd who is at the least 24 years old, or the crowd who is at the least 30 years old, who are going to be nostalgic over it the most.
>>
Forgot to mention, best thing about gen 4 was Sinnoh itself. Legendary locales all over(and right next to your fucking hometown of all things), wonderful towns and cities that had a nice blend of ancient and modern, and the gym roster while being half Kanto Half Johto, was the best god damn line up of leaders we have ever gotten. Volkner is such a badass, and the best electric leader ever.
>>
>>28829983
But anon he isn't talking about gen 5
>>
>>28829983
It's like people can't have different opinions
>>
Best meta in the series
>>
>>28829931
I need to replay gen 4 I barely remember it.
>>
File: 1475075845342s.jpg (2KB, 125x61px) Image search: [Google]
1475075845342s.jpg
2KB, 125x61px
>>28830211
>>
>>28829979
I like a lot of the cross gen evos, but yeah I remember reading on Serebii about how to get them and shaking my head.
>Level up at Mt. Coronet
>level up in this magnetic field
>level up with high friendship at this rock
>trade with rare one off item that has no other purpose
>go to the Move Relearner and learn AncientPower and then level up
>use this evolution stone but only on this gender of the 2nd stage
>>
>>28829931
Dawn killing a lot of my semen
>>
>>28829931
You know they really think about scenary when you realize entire Sinnoh pass you calming feelings. Sinnoh soundtrack is amazing, the best on years, even Alola is beating it.
>>
>>28829931
Not buying the cartridge since i was a poor kid who didnt own a DS

Thanks for bringing up horrible memories prick
>>
>>28829931
How old were you when gen 4 came out?

11 here
>>
>>28831538
8 years-old
>>
I loved getting cucked by that everstone haunter bitch. Didn't haunt my sleep for 2 weeks straight at all.
>>
>>28831538
>>
It never felt completed. You could always start the game and do something even if you had done eveything there was already.
>>
>>28829931
The smooth jazz of jubilife at night, the flower fields of floaroma, walking with your Pokemon in Amity square, reaching snowpoint city after the blizzard on 217, upbeat sunnyshore theme, the calm music outside of the league, and Cynthia's theme all have fond memories from when I was 11. Diamond was my first game and I have well over 700 hours clocked in. Also got a shiny giratina in plat on my way to school one day.
>>
File: empoleon.gif (2MB, 180x132px) Image search: [Google]
empoleon.gif
2MB, 180x132px
>>28829931
My favorite generation, also the very first one I could buy with my own money (as a poorfag, I used to play on a cousin's gameboy and emulators). Great starters, I liked how they made old pokémon useful again with new evolutions, hot chicks, nice atmosphere and post-game. However, the legendaries are shit, DP are slow (Platinum is the real thing), the lack of fire pokemon and pitiful E4 excluding Cindy of course are serious flaws.

Ten years ago I was in highschool already, time flies.
>>
>>28831538
15-16? I was in highschool
>>
>>28831538
Around 10.
>>
>>28832379
It is comfy, that's for sure. I would so live in Floaroma and open up an official gym there.
>>
>>28829931
Sinnoh is probably the comfiest region and it got me to love pokemon again after Hoenn shit all over my hopes and dreams

I love Sinnoh, I love the gen2 remakes and I have tons of great memories associated with them

gen 4 is my favorite
>>
>>28829983
Now this is some pure concentrated autism
>>
File: 1474195740786.png (382KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1474195740786.png
382KB, 680x462px
>>28829983
>>
>>28830771
>saving a thumbnail
Way to show your new
>>
>>28831538
21. It got me back into pokemon too. I skipped over Gen 3 entirely
>>
>>28831532
Wow, poor you, who cares, you still played it right?
>>
These threads always cap at the 30-40 users.
I'm glad you Sinnohshits are in the minority and all but you're fucking loud as hell.
>>
>>28831538
>>
>>28834184
Still sold more than gens 3, 5 and 6 ;)
>>
>>28831538
>>
I like to appreciate character designs in Sinnoh. All the gym leaders look fantastic, plus the protagonists too.
>>
Sinnohfetuses need to fucking leave.
>>
>>28834220

The DS also sold more than the GBA and 3DS. What's your point?
>>
>>28834184
t. Unovabortion
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cLW0Lckhc
>>
>>28834772
Nice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTbahCmBHr8
Can different day and night music please come back?
>>
Platinum is my favourite game, I have it in my DS all the time. I still put hours into that game just playing through the Battle Frontier and collecting things that I have still missed (I can't believe there are things that I'm still finding).

My favourite facility is the Battle Factory. Creating a team on the fly, trying to make synergy with the team, choosing a proper lead and support with who you're given, trading with the opponent's pokemon -- it just makes for an exciting experience.

The only problem that I have is that I want to start over the game and replay it. But I don't want to lose my perfect mons that I've slaved over to breed and raise.

>tfw 6IV shiny No Guard Machamp
>No fucking way I'm restarting the game and losing that monster
>>
>>28829983
Gen 4 was fine but D/P were the worst two games. Put them on a sped up engine and include most of the Platinum improvements (ESPECIALLY the encounter tables) and they'd be fine.

I think the Underground would actually be really fun with improved online functionality.
>>
>>28836473
Just transfer it up.
>>
>>28829979
Post more of this
>>
File: fly.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fly.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>28836857
i don't happen to have much in the mosquito department, but eres a fly plotting a mischievous caper
>>
>>28836953
Just keep posting them buggers anon
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.