[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this were a Pokémon game, were would you rank it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

I'd put it right below BW2 and HGSS.

Actually good story, great gameplay, great variation of Monsters to use, and beautiful graphics.

However, the replay value once you got trough the game is meh, multiple translation and formatting errors, and the fact that bosses are damage sponges soured my enjoyment a little.

I haven't played enough of the multiplayer, but what i saw from it really reminded me of the current Pokémon meta, which favorites those who are strong and fast.

It's certainly the best Pokémon game that's not called Pokémon.

This is why it would get the third spot in my ranking
>>
File: Putt_3_Box_2.png (553KB, 614x771px) Image search: [Google]
Putt_3_Box_2.png
553KB, 614x771px
If this were a Pokemon game, were would you rank it?
>>
>>28817074
Above Gen 6
>>
>>28816828
Really great game - maybe one of the best ones I've ever played.

But a little too much text, and UlforceVeedramon, ShineGreymon BM and Lilithmon are just broken...

still, 9/10 game.
>>
>>28816828
Indeed. The story is awesome, but the gameplay is horrifically shallow.
>>
>>28816828
This is /vp/, I think you were looking for /v/
>>>/v/
>>
>>28817074
Best in the series
>>
>>28817074
At least try to find something that's also an RPG okay?

Or are you telling me you are actually not pretending to be retarded?
>>
>playing the ps4 port
>>
>>28817244
Nah, it's fine here though there might be less people who've played it. Idk
>>
>>28816828
Above any Hoenn game, below all the others.
>>
>>28817244
No, the reason why i'm posting it here is because it has been compared to Pokémon a lot, so my question is: How would it stack up against actual Pokémon games?

And thats something that belongs in /vp/ imo
>>
Id put it betwqeen BW2 and HGSS if only for HGSS's level scaling.

In terms of actual game quality I'd put it just under HGSS because HGSS has more content, but Cyber Sleuth beats every Pokemon game for story hands down.
>>
File: Mister_Mosquito_Coverart.png (158KB, 265x376px) Image search: [Google]
Mister_Mosquito_Coverart.png
158KB, 265x376px
>>28817275
>>
I love Digimon and Cyber Sleuth was a good
game, I imported it the day it was released.

It really wasn't THAT great though. The story was okay, I don't think it was particularly good but it was interesting at the very least. The gameplay was in no way great, raising Digimon was made way too easy and in all honestly the battle system was really, really dull. I know it was just your typical JRPG stuff but still, it just felt so lacking.

The roster is good at least and I really liked the characters.
>>
>>28817370
Okay, this gets a pass because i like your dedication to keep the joke up
>>
>>28816828
SMTDDS/10
>>
If this was a Pokemon game, where would you rank it?
>>
File: index_boxart.jpg (52KB, 186x297px) Image search: [Google]
index_boxart.jpg
52KB, 186x297px
If this was a pokemon game, were would you rank it?
>>
>>28816828
Above Platinum, but below B2W2. so second best, to me.
>>
>>28816828
If it were a Pokemon game?
3/10
Not every mon was available.
Evo lines were incomplete.
Story took more precedent over exploration.
Framefrops even in the overworld.
Obtaining all the Digimon gives you nothing.
Barely any optional/post game content that wasn't meaningless padding like the medals.
You're never told about important features work like the farm.

Don't get me wrong, I liked CS but it's kind of trash when rated in the same way as a Pokemon game.
>>
>>28817484
11/10 Difficulty level just right for dedicated fans such as myself.
>>
>>28816828
Just watched some gameplay. It seems nice. I especially like the concept of it being virtual reality. I can't recall Digimon being like that back in the day. Graphics are not bad either.
Not a huge fan of the whole anime look though and the dialog feels a bit weak and way too long for no reason. Also the cutscenes and voice acting made me cringe.
Haven't seen much of the battle system so far.
Can't really say where I'd place it since I haven't played it, but I would guess fairly high, if only because it's more innovative.
>>
File: d2509.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d2509.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>28816828
Is there Zeedmilleniummon in this?
>>
>>28817690
Nope.
Closest you can get is Cyberdramon.
>>
I'm trying to figure out why this game feels so empty and the best I can figure is that the random encounters are too easy. They'll die with no problems, and when the game is relying on random encounters to be the meat of what you're fighting, then that's a problem. Most RPGs do rely on random enemies to be what you're fighting all the time, but they take some effort to beat. This, you could cough on them and they'd die. Not to mention that everything has a very similar aesthetic, there's nothing to look at. Even pokemon at least gives you something to look at, and even though the random encounters are piddling, you have trainers that, while they are also easy, they at least break up the monotony. This game...just has nothing other than you can raise your favorite digis.
>>
>>28816828
Is this thing worth my money? I've been thinking about getting it for a while. Convince me /vp/
>>
>>28818184
In all honesty it's not worth the full price. Luckily it goes on sale fairly often.
>>
>>28817481
0/10 There's only eight monsters in the entire game and they didn't add a Battle Frontier to the second volume.
>>
>>28817700
Aw that kind of sucks he's my favorite. Dawn and Dusk had him too so I don't understand why the wouldn't keep him in.
>>
>>28818341
The story focuses heavily on the Royal Knights and Demon Lords, so the Compendium got heavily skewed in their favor.
>>
>>28818449
To be honest there's not much to do with the Demon Lords outside of the DLC.
In any case it's a shame they didn't expand it with mon like Megidramon, MaloMyotismon, Dinobeemon and a whole lot more whos lines existed in the game.
>>
>>28817838
This is also a huge problem in Final Fantasy 9.
>>
>>28817484
Were these any good?
>>
I hope this gets a sequel one day.
Also, no take break from the royal knights. It feels like the royal knights are shoehorned into every plot in the series nowadays.
>>
>>28817838
At least it has a good story. Random encounters and them being easy is the same shit that we have in Pokèmon. See the same weak crap that we have to capture, train and evolve till get face the boss where it shows some form of challange. Except that cyber sluts has more of a boss challage than pokemon
>>
>>28818955
>Buff
>Debuff
>Spam Signature attack
>Repeat

Is not a challenge
>>
>>28818985
thats two steps more than whats needed in Pokemon at least!
>>
File: 1474847528615.png (310KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474847528615.png
310KB, 600x800px
>>28817598
>Not every mon was available.
This is true and it sucks balls. At least add 500
>Evo lines were incomplete.
U woudnt know since im no digi expert
>Story took more precedent over exploration.
How is this a bad thing? Story was interesting and more engaging than most if not all the pokemon games
>Framefrops even in the overworld.
Literally where and when?
>Obtaining all the Digimon gives you nothing.
Same as Pokèmon. And if you bring the certificate argument, you get a trophy as equivalent
>Barely any optional/post game content that wasn't meaningless padding like the medals.
Same as pokemon. Do some new quest, get new acces to digis and beat challanges
>You're never told about important features work like the farm.
Common sense and really nothing to even nitpick about. Is not rocket science
>>
>>28818955
...that they deliberately inject with hax. Most of them just have inordinately high defense, which can be overrode with any defense piercing attack. Some of them, however, have been given abilities that are downright IMPOSSIBLE for you to possess. Would you believe there is an optional boss in this game that has it's signature move tweaked to where I swear it has 100% chance of OHKOing you?
>>
>>28818985
Are we talking about Pokèmon?
>>
It's alright. Feels too different from Pokemon to really rank. Plot wastes most of its potential towards the end, and Hard Mode is blatantly unbalanced.
>>
File: robopon.jpg (58KB, 574x242px) Image search: [Google]
robopon.jpg
58KB, 574x242px
>>
>>28819082
>How is this a bad thing?
Are you trying to say that you don't want to explore the Digital World? Hell we only go there in the last chapter of the game and it's just a corridor with Yggdrasil guards and the Mother Eater.
>Literally where and when?
Akihabara, Ueno sometimes in Nakano and Shibuya as well as a few other areas dotted about. Sometimes when you land multi-target attacks too. And I don't know if it's just in the Vita version but there's some sound issues too where it clips or something occasionally.
>Same as Pokèmon. And if you bring the certificate argument
There's also the Oval and Shiny charm anon. That said even if they didn't exist you would still get more in Pokemon as you don't even get a trophy for getting them all. You may be thinking about the medals which is the most ridiculous excuse for content.
>Same as pokemon. Do some new quest, get new acces to digis and beat challanges
Yeah no, for optional content there's really only the medals and the colosseum. If you want you could do the farm missions and such but it's not worth it.
XY and ORAS literally has more than that.
>Common sense and really nothing to even nitpick about.
You do realise common sense would lead you to believe the only way to raise ability is by feeding them that specific meat right? Can't for the life of me remember it.
Anyway, common sense wouldn't lead you to the conclusion that to raise it you have to de-digivolve your mon. Then there's the entirety of the farm.

Seriously, it ain't as good as you think.
>>
>>28816828
I wanna fuck him
>>
Anyone else buying this?
I know for sure I am. Glad to see Digimon is coming back to the west even if they have to drop the original version of the game.
>>
No way in hell this shit is better than Telefang
>>
>>28819331
Depends on the roster.
If it's as small as CS then no.

They really needed to add some of the more obscure megas in all honesty. What I wouldn't give for Victory Greymon, Ghoulmon, Gulfmon. Stuff like that.

It also kind of irks me that they put in Magnadramon but none of the other three dragons.
>>
>>28819520
Apparently, New Order caters to the anime fans and includes mainly Digimon from the series.
>>
>>28819331
Bought it when it came out and wont buy again. It's not very good. It feels like they simplified things way too much, probably to appeal to the CS fans but it just really didn't work for World.

>>28819520
The roster is mostly recolors. There's stuff like Red and Gold V-Dramon.
>>
>>28819606
>>28819765
So we can expect to see a similar roster of mon then.
That's a shame, I just want one game where there are more mon from other parts of the series like Regulumon. The only Leomon to not die if I remember right.
>>
File: Oujyamon.jpg (173KB, 330x387px) Image search: [Google]
Oujyamon.jpg
173KB, 330x387px
>>28819787
You can see the roster here: http://wikimon.net/index.php?title=Digimon_World_-next_0rder-

It's really not that impressive sadly, mostly just anime Digimon and recolors. It also defaults you to the anime evolution route so its harder to get the other Digimon. It's really a mess of a game.

I believe Regulumon is the only Leomon to not die, yeah. But it looks like there will be a "Leomon" among the main Digimon in Appmon so who knows.

It's a shame Regulumon was never used again, he had a really cool design.
>>
>>28819331
I'm not. I'd rather have the RPG than a monster raiser.

No, fuck you. I never liked monster raisers and you can keep them. I still like Digimon and you can't stop me.
>>
>>28819852
> http://wikimon.net/index.php?title=Digimon_World_-next_0rder-
>Still no Megidramon
>four Omnimon
Fuck.

>But it looks like there will be a "Leomon" among the main Digimon in Appmon so who knows.
It's going to happen, you know it.
>>
>>28819993
If it helps although its a monster raiser it was very clearly made with CS fans in mind, everything is super easy and streamlined just like CS.

People who like the World games won't like Next Order, it's a game for the CS fans.

I'm sure we'll get another Story game soon though.
>>
>>28820040
it's just too bad there's no Vita version though
>>
>>28819331
>World gameplay
LMAO no
>>
>>28821907
Don't worry its barely anything like World. You're locked in to specific Evolution lines to guarantee you get the Digimon you want and eventually your Digimon last forever. Not to mention training is basically gone and super streamlined.
>>
>>28822009
This sucks ass.
How's Re:Digitize?
>>
>>28822048
Re:Digitize is Digimon World 1. Yay...
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.