[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gen IV remakes coming through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (490KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
490KB, 1920x1080px
We've all seen all those references to gen IV in sun and moon, plus EVERY remake till now has been released more or less after 10 years from the release of said gen.

Star Diamond and Planet Pearl calling it

Omega and Alpha are alphabet letters like X and Y

>sun and moon

Are there really any denialfags who think we're not getting sinnoh remakes next year?
>>
>>28813415
We might, but a better question is do we WANT them?

D/P/Pt are still compatible with the 3DS, so if we want to play them, they're still available to us.

And, just like with ORAS, they'll use the disappointing 1st versions to remake, instead of Emerald/Platinum.

If we were getting a Platinum remake, I'd be on board with it. But we're getting Diamond and Pearl, which fucking sucked.
>>
>>28813415
These chinese ripoff pokemon go cards are actually pretty well designed
>>
>>28813415
GB - GBA
GBC - DS
GBA - 3DS
DS - NX (?)
>>
>>28813415
Not denying it, but a remake on the 3DS would be silly, i dont think is going to happen.
We'll most likely get gen8 first and then DP remakes on the NX
>>
>>28813415
Wait until 2020
Every remake has been 2 years later than the one before it:
>RG: 1996, FRLG: 2004, 8 years
>GS: 1999, HGSS: 1999, 10 years
>RS: 2002, ORAS: 2014, 12 years
>DP: 2006, DP remake: 2020, 14 years
>>
>>28813632
Fuck, meant to say HGSS was 2009, you get it.
>>
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerland are classical elements like FIREred and LEAFgreen.
Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are spiritual nonsense like HEARTgold and SOULsilver.

If you're going to be a patternfag, at least pick an actual pattern.

Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl.
>>
I think they are getting remakes but I agree that they might wait until Gen 8 for the NX. I saw a "leak" that said Sun/Moon is going to be ported to the NX too but we'll see about that. I honestly wouldn't mind having to wait if we got a Sun/Moon2 similar to BW2, where it's a sequel and you have to if leaks are true play through it more like a normal region beating the gyms/E4 that the protagonist from Sun/Moon set up, with its own plot line of course.
>>
>>28813675
I was obviously considering post gen VI Universe only
GO is techincally gen VII seen how it can connect with sun and moon, and it has the "earth" thing

we're in space now
>>
>>28813415
Both these designs are ASS holy shit
>>
>>28815945
yeah but it's the least cancerous thing I could find googling "diamond and pearl" in less than 10 seconds
>>
>>28813632
Yes, because Nintendo makes games to follow patterns not to make profit. Great logic. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>28813415
>Star Diamond
>Planet Pearl
Fuck those names are shitty, holy shit OP how can you be this bad at naming games?
>>
>>28813490
do we WANT them?
Yes. Yes we do.
>>
>>28815833
What are you trying to say? Because you're just sounding stupid now.
>>
>>28815833
>Even considering Go at all
Fuck off
>>
>>28816077
No. D/P were utter shit. Let gen 4 stay dead.
>>
>>28816022
>Nintendo
>>
>>28815945
>>28816065
like to see you try designing them then, think you can do better?
>>
>>28816104
hated gen 4 but my favorite pokemon came with it so I'm conflicted on my level of hatred for it.
>>
The names Sun & Moon were chosen because they symbolise light and life, a direct reference to the ongoing story-arc from XY that is all about life, death and change. Heck even Magearna is outright stated to be made from Infinity Energy, and is obviously based on the Ultimate Weapon.

Omega and Alpha were obviously also chosen for the exact same reason: Kyogre symbolises water, which is necessary for all life to thrive, while Groudon represents the earth, of which we all become when we die. Alpha/Omega, beginning/end, life/death.

If DPPt remakes are coming after SM, they're obviously going to be part of the story-arc too, and will have to have names that represents either life, death or both.
>>
>>28813632
Haha Jesus Christ. Do you literally believe that? There's longer gaps because the shelf lives of the handhelds are longer.
>>
>>28813415
>Star Diamond and Planet Pearl
>Not Star Platinum
>>
>>28816104
If you even think ONE pokémon game was shit you can get out this board
>>
>>28816252
kekd
>>
>>28816104
They were. Plat on the other hand wasn't.
Sadly though Platinum won't be the one getting temade.
>>
>>28816104
I like gen 4, but remakes would definitely get the ORAS treatment. Where mediocre games get remade as somehow less fun
>>
>>28816345
Who fucking cares? If I wanna play sinnoh I got platinum to run.
I can't but be happy as fuck if I can play a revisited sinnoh on 3DS/NX though
>>
>>28815945
DUDE WINGS AND FLOATING GEMS LMAO
>>
>>28813415
>We've all seen all those references to gen IV in sun and moon
We have? What references?
>>
>>28816104
>Gen X was bad so let's NOT remake them to make it better and redeemable
Sure
>>
>>28817151
He's talking about the blue and pink colours of the Team Skull battle intros and Dexio/Sina's sunglasses.
>>
>>28817168
Thats really flimsy. We had a blue/red background in the oras brendan/may fights and green in wallys. Kanto remakes
>>
>>28817208
To be fair lots of games use the red/blue/green colours, SUCH AS Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
>>
>>28817251
Exactly. rse was just rgb remakes.
>>
File: Capture.png (21KB, 402x138px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21KB, 402x138px
I just wanna know what THESE are gonna be redesigned into and what their new effect will be.
>>
File: NgT9br2.png (910KB, 1898x1016px) Image search: [Google]
NgT9br2.png
910KB, 1898x1016px
>>28813415
ETERNAL DIAMOND & INFINITE PEARL
or to be pretentious
BEGINNINGS DIAMOND & OBLIVION PEARL
or to be super condecending
GENESIS DIAMOND & ELYSIUM PEARL
>>
>>28817268
Z move + temporal form
>>
Calling it.

DPPt reakes are gonna be called

Infinity Diamond and Energy Pearl
>>
test
>>
>>28817332
>Z move
Nah, they have nothing to do with Zygarde.

>temporal form
But how will it work? It likely won't be the same as Mega Stones or the Coloured Orbs.
>>
>>28817357
Wtf does Zygarde have to do with Z moves? Did I miss something?
>>
>>28816252
Came to post this.
>>
>>28813415
What I really want is the music in a modern soundfont.
>>
>>28817383
Why he fuck do you think they're called "Z" moves???
>>
>>28816155
Liquid Diamond
Solid Pearl
>>
>>28813415
>Are there really any denialfags who think we're not getting sinnoh remakes next year?
Me. I think we're gonna get them later, but probably still on 3DS or maybe early NX.
>>
I'm really hoping that the DP remakes don't include a new form for Dialga and Palkia. I hate the Primals and Mega Fug with a passion, and while I don't necessarily like the standard forms of Dialga and Palkia, I don't really want to see them changed. They might get new, exclusive Z-moves. That would be fair, I think.

I also feel like the DP remakes will be the games this gen to introduce the most Megas 2bh so I'm not confident in anything about it
>>
>>28818367
>Punished "Venom" Platinum
>>
>>28813490
>hardware compatibility
Why do people cling to this? RBY were still compatible with GBAs. Inb4 muh GBASP.
>>
>x and y
>α and ω

Fuck I don't know why I never noticed that.
>>
>>28818408
>DP remakes introducing the most new next-stage evolutions
It's like pottery
>>
>>28816241
That's wrong retard.
DP released in 2006 on a system that lasted until 2011, but Gen V was released in 2010/12 for a dead system. That doesn't mean we're getting Gen V remakes soon because of the short shelf life they had on DS.
Also, GS released two years before the GBA but waited 10 years to be remade
>>
>>28818703
You couldn't go from Gen 2 to 3. Right now, I could complete the dex in Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun and Moon and get ALL of those Pokemon into the same cart.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.