[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dual Region Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: Johto and Alola.jpg (2MB, 2032x2409px) Image search: [Google]
Johto and Alola.jpg
2MB, 2032x2409px
So it just dawned on me. Alola seems to have it's locations close together, like Johto. And when I count the settlements, it seemingly has 12, also like Johto (it's hard to tell if a settlement is supposed to be anywhere in the random cluster of houses at the lower section of the Ice Mountain island, but I just counted it as one.) Alola also doesnt seem to have very many more locations than the average region either.

Now, Johto's 12 towned region felt like one GameFreak found suitable to add another 10 towned region to. And we can see it again with Kanto, a region with 10 towns, where they felt it was adequate to add a new region to the Sevii Islands (7 settlements.) The other regions have between 15 and 20 settlements.

Along with that, people have been talking about how the boss trainers seemingly have lower leveled pokemon, which is comparable to GSC and HGSS where the game was scaled with two regions in mind. Now, this doesnt mean it HAS to mean the game will end with you in your 50's, as they'll probably go higher this time.

Could the region size and levels be an indication that we may be going back to an older one, for the 20th anniversary? Now I'm not saying anything definitive, as it doesnt matter to me either way if the game is one region or not, but I figured this would be interesting to discuss. I also think going back to Kanto is more likely than going back to Kalos. Even with the VC release, simply because Kanto is smaller and so would be easier to redo, and fit in the game.
>>
>>28809532
lol nerd
>>
File: 1458326181962.png (90KB, 301x206px) Image search: [Google]
1458326181962.png
90KB, 301x206px
>>28809635
I-I know....
>>
>>28809532
Kantos on the other side.
>>
>>28809696
Hell, now I'm pushing it but what if we revisit an Updated Kanto in this and an Updated Johto in the possible DP remakes?
>>
>>28809733
Yeah, thats probably true. Or one remake game is gen 4, the other is gen 4 hg ss with the same mons in both.
>>
>>28809532

Why do people always say that we're going to be able to go back to a different generation every game? Every pre-release season, people speculate this and it's NEVER happened. Not like I'd personally want it to happen anyway.

First of all, having two regions for GSC was pretty disappointing. Kanto was boring apart from battling the gym leaders and catching Pokemon that weren't in Johto. It takes away developing a good game in one region by making an okay game with two.

Second of all, we have barely seen any of the trainers in Alola, or the towns, for that matter. We have no clue when we fight Guzma in game, and we don't know anything about the towns except for where they are.

Finally, why of all places would we go back to Kanto? XY already did enough to suck gen 1's cock, and it looks like SM will do a little bit of it, too. If anything, we should be going back to a different region, not going back to PokeHugbox (aka Kanto).

We already got VC of the original games for Kanto. I don't think we need anymore.
>>
>>28809913
The Kanto part of HGSS is pretty dang good. I think if they bothered to do a second region these days, it'd be on par with that.
>>
>>28809532

Kanto?

Again?

Really?

Even now we can play Kanto old school on the virtual console?
>>
>>28809913
Because Kanto is small. I dont think it's the BEST choice, but a likely one. And I think Kanto and Johto were done fine in HGSS. GSC Kanto, Sevii and HGSS Kanto is an improvement each time.

Again, I dont actually think we'll be going there, but I'm just looking at the similarities between Alola and Johto.

We havent seen the towns much, but since we're back to an art style where the locations are close to how they are in game, so we can tell their sizes.
>>
Kalos would make more sense. considering Dexio, Sina, Zygarde, and maybe Mega Evolutions, but even having a second region to explore is highly unlikely at this point, all we can do is hope the postgame isn't another Battle Tower clone.
>>
>>28810015

Eh, personally I got bored with HGSS's Kanto, but then again, I wasn't really too wowed by HGSS in general. Maybe if I played it again, I might change my mind.

>>28810067

Point taken. I just think using the same region for a postgame is lazy. We've been back to Kanto 4 times (not including the VC games). You don't think going back there would get stale eventually?

And again, only GSC allowed you to return to a region. Only one out of six games that are currently released. That doesn't really seem like much of a precedent to me.
>>
>>28810242
I do think it would, but it would be even further in the future than HGSS Kanto so it would be different. They could still make it fresh

And yeah, we haven't had a region revisit, but this is also the first time we've gone back to ~12 settlements as opposed to 16+
>>
I really don't expect another region in SM but it would be a part of Kalos if anything.
If they do another Kanto remake (or sequel better yet) in the future, Johto as the postgame region would be cool.
>>
>>28810816
Yeah, a part of Kalos doesnt sound impossible, with the Zygarde stuff.

Also, I'd personally love if Kanto and Johto were re visited in different games with the focus on making them both larger rather than Johto being stuck to also having Kanto every time. But it wont happen.
>>
>>28810226
Kalos is a little big though.

Then again, it's missing plenty of normal things like a Safari Zone, Department Store, Cycling Road, and

Maybe it was purposely left out so there wouldnt be as much overlap with Alola, like how Johto has no cycling road or fossil building.
>>
>>28810934
I could see us visiting South Kalos in the postgame to collect half the Zygarde cells
>>
>>28811718
Plus, the south of Kalos looked almost deliberately empty.

What if they were going to add it in a Kalos revisit game, but it got scrapped and put into SM instead
>>
Kalos maybe, Kanto wouldnt make no sense at all, specially with the VGC release besides Kanto is one of the reasons why second gen felt special. Stealing the exact same idea for gen 7 would be stupidity and lack of originality
>>
>>28812663
>VGC
VC obviously, sorry
>>
Why not Unova?
>>
Pokebank won't be accessible until 3 months after Sun and Moon release

We won't have access to the older forms of Gen 1 Pokemon.

I can totally see us going to an updated Kalos region:

- our trainer is from Kanto, we moved to Alola and our mom brought her Meowth with her

- website says people in Kanto are fond of the ghost type Oricorio

- that guy in vermillion probably finished creating his building after 20 years

- radio tower could have moved to Saffron city since its busier there. Ghosts now once again inhabit Lavender Tower (and to capitalize on meme's, they can place an Espurr somewhere in the city where the camera pans in on its creepy face with the lavender music in the background)

- the website never said gyms are officially gone. We know they're not in Alola but we can def see them post game in Kanto or Kalos

- battling Red again would be sick

- they can block johto off somehow and save it for DP remakes

- Kanto soil loamy enough to grow apricorns now

- Kanto Safari zone can have pokes from later generations added in it

- Blaine finally rebuild his gym

- Wild Munna at Mt moon to capitlize on the girl that predicted it 20 years ago

- ss ANNE could bring us there
>>
I think previous games had a ton of settlements, because they needed at least 8 for gyms alone, and then one for the player's starting locale, and a few miscellaneous ones to pad things out.

Perhaps the elimination of gyms means a greater amount of detail can be put on the individual settlements, themselves? I mean, they gyms are undoubtedly the fanciest things in cities, what with all their animations and puzzles/minigames.
>>
Forcing Kanto again would be stupid in every way it could be. What was the point of VC release and Bank connection if they'd send us to Kanto even before the Bank conncetion would be avaible?

That makes no sense at all and ruins the idea of the whole connection with RBY
>>
>>28809532
Until It's confirmed otherwise, I'm believing that the clouds in the top right of the Alola map are hiding the Southeast corner of Sinnoh
>>
Well ive thought the same way than OP with the level curve
Plus we know that the SS Anne is in the game and it's the 20th anniversary game and Alola seems little

But kanto is rather blend due to the fact it's from an old game
I'd prefer going back to johto only, it had better places
Or Kanto but with mt silver

Some fake leaks spoke about islands that would fit each past region like a pretty easter egg, going with the "it all comes together" thing

In anyway the it all comes together is intriguing
>>
>>28812875
I think or i'd really like that post game is a huge resort Island, think sinnoh post game

Except it would have 6 main landmarks that would look like pieces of each past region with their famous trainers
And at the center the battle frontier

It would be a big anniversary gift
>>
There is redundancy in having the Kanto region represented twice on the same console, but with how different Sun and Moons graphics are and the variety of new features, the new Kanto could be a completely different experience than the VC and Gen 4 one.
>>
>>28809532
We're gonna go to the Orange Archipelago in the post game
>>
Ive been saying this since gzf skipped a z version. Kalos will be a part of sm. They will tie in the megas and the zygarde story line. The fact that the zygarde cube is a thing and that Dexio and Sina are in the games proves this statement. Also, kalos being big isnt a problem considering they've been working with the gen 7 games since before XY released. Another red flag as to why we're going back is character customization. This, to me, is probably the strongest argument. Masuda was asked in an interview back when oras came out, why he removed character customization for the ruby/sapphire remakes. He said that character customization was something exclusive to the xy games since it was part of the theme of the games (fashion and beauty). The mere fact that this function is making a comeback out of nowhere screams kalos. Another thing is the very first episode of pokemon generations. Notice how red travels to kalos and visits terminus cave. He then finds 100% zygarde and not the 50% forme from xy. Theres also a huge hole over zygarde where the sunlight goes through. This, combined with the fact that the whole area where zygarde 100% resides is covered in glowing roots, indicates that time has passed. We're looking at maybe 10 years after the xy events. Plenty of time for Lysandre to iniciatehis plan to use zygarde to reset the world(like he did in the anime). In the end, its not a 100% confirmed we will get to revisit kalos anytime soon, but i can assure you its more likely to happen than to revisit kanto.
>>
>>28812875
>Plus we know that the SS Anne is in the game

No thats as false as Water Arcanine
>>
>>28813503
Idk why ppl even say this... Why would the ss anne be in sm?
>>
Maybe a DPPt-Remake with Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto and Sevii.
>>
Wait, doesn't SM technically take place as the true start of the Pokemon timeline, as hinted at by the Riddler's clue "zelda-25"?

Going back to Kanto in SM would satisfy as a FRLG remake; then comes DP remakes; and finally ends with HGSS remakes, where we revisit Kanto 2 years after the events of the original games.
>>
>>28812802
Well yeah, every region has more locations than we see.

Not sure about the removal of gyms giving us more detail, but we will have a few more interesting buildings. Though I suppose the gyms had puzzles and a few had different purposes so it wouldn't be too different
>>
>>28813503
>>28813517
the chinese leaker confirmed this information
>>
>>28815137
>the chinese leaker confirmed this information
Source? Because i dont remember chinese leaker saying shit about this
>>
>>28809532
>Could the region size and levels be an indication that we may be going back to an older one
STOP! No, we're not going back to another region in these games. Except GS and its remakes (and arguably FRLG) , we've never gone back to any other region and it's not going to happen again.

We have this bullshit discussed all the time, why can't people comprehend we're not having dual region games again, at all?
>>
>>28815184
Look guys, he is working for GameFreak!
If you are already at it, can you give us some more SM information?
>>
>>28815251
Look you fucking smartass. Give me one reason why having a dual region game is plausible in these games. And no, references to other regions are not an explanation, they happen literally in every single game except RBY.
>>
>>28815184
Can't you have a discussion about the information presented instead of commenting just to say how mad you are? I literally stated in the OP that I don't think we'll be going back and don't care either way. But I find the Johto Alola similarities interesting to discuss

No matter where we go, the main game will be somewhat shorter unless we spend a lot if time in each area, and the areas don't look larger than usual
>>
>>28815293
it's really important games since it's the 20th anniversary

it all comes together
>>
>>28815304
>Can't you have a discussion about the information presented instead of commenting just to say how mad you are?
I'm contributing to the discussion saying it's totally pointless to discuss it because it's not going to happen at all despite anyone's wishful thoughts while mentioning how this gets discussed too often.

>I literally stated in the OP that I don't think we'll be going back and don't care either way.
But you're not the only person in this thread. Many people in this board keep wishing we will have a multiregion game when it's clearly not going to happen, at least not in SM.

>But I find the Johto Alola similarities interesting to discuss
>No matter where we go, the main game will be somewhat shorter unless we spend a lot if time in each area, and the areas don't look larger than usual
I disagree. We haven't seen the real extent of each area, so they could be larger and more populated than we could ever think. And the quests seem to take longer. Hell, beating a whole captain challenge, kahuna and all, will most likely take longer than a gym.

>>28815343
GF always pulls unexpected shit. And a multiregion game is to be expected. Hence it won't happen.

I'm still wondering what they will do.
>>
>>28815436
Some areas will be larger in the inside, but that's true for every game. Remember Ilex Forest is like, 5 trees across on the outside. And we know the towns won't look much different in game than they do in the map from all the trailers.

I assume that trials will be longer than gyms, but that won't matter as it will just have replaced the normal traveling. Say, "Travel through Wellspring Cave for this TM" will be replaced by "Travel through Thicket Cave to do this trial and also you'll probably find a TM"

I don't think multiple regions would be very expected honestly. Well, not more than usual. Especially with how the map starts from Route 1 again.
>>
>>28815293
Look you fucking anal wart. Give me one reason why never having a dual region again is plausible. And no, you do NOT work for GameFreak and do NOT know what their plans are. So don't you dare make definitive statements like these.
>>
maybe we will go back not to one region but to every

but partially

I could totally imagine that you can take the boat and go to every harbour from every regions

but you could only walk and visit each harbour and not going anywhere else

They are not forced to give you the full region, we've seen that kind of shit like you go back in only one town from past region for a quest in some fan made games

the idea isn't difficult to have and to pull off and game freak could have considered it
>>
>>28815727
>Virmilion City
>Olivine City
>Slateport City(?)
>Canalave City
>Driftveil City (though there's a lot of other possible ones to choose)
>ehhh. I dont remember
>>
File: GLiDBOv.png (860KB, 1784x802px) Image search: [Google]
GLiDBOv.png
860KB, 1784x802px
>>28815151
think this i the one. couldn't be bothered to read it through
>>
>>28816699
But real leaks leaks were fake. Only the Chinese leak seems real.

I'm not even on board with this riddler stuff
>>
>>28815436
>GF always pulls unexpected shit. And a multiregion game is to be expected. Hence it won't happen.
I wish they would do something expected for once. It's expected because it's a good idea.
The unexpected extra features they pull is nearly always
>>
desu i dont want kanto as postgame, the region is boring, and little, there is nothing to do
>>
>>28809532
There wont be Kanto in the post game. The soundtrack has only 170 tracks annd thats WAY to little to cover two regions. XY had over 200. They'd need at least 200 to have for both
>>
>>28815993
>Driftveil City
>Not Castelia
Come on, that was an easy one
>>
>>28816755
Driftveil seems more like the port town than Castelia. Its the same reason I said Slateport instead of Lilycove

>>28816745
That's a pretty convincing argument. Then again, how many tracks did HGSS have? It had two regions and Alola seems Johto sized so it won't have very many more tracks
>>
>>28815993
Coumarine from Kalos
>>
>>28816976
Right.
>>
KALOS AS POSTGAME
A
L
O
S

A
S

P
O
S
T

G
A
M
E
>>
>>28816794
>That's a pretty convincing argument. Then again, how many tracks did HGSS have? It had two regions and Alola seems Johto sized so it won't have very many more tracks

HGSS haad 190+GB sounds which was way over 200 in the end

Thing is the amount of music in HGSS was a result of the games being remakes.

Newer generations get a lot more additional music because they tend to have more characters, cutscenes etc. Alola has quite a lot new features and is already bigger than Johto so i wouldnt count on any region being post game judging just by OST

The only ones that would work are Hoenn (not gonna happen since we just got remake) and Kalos - thats because music from these doesnt need updating and people can just buy those OST without the need to put the music on the SM OST.

So if any region has a chance to re-appear its Kalos and still thats a super tiny chance
>>
>>28817449
I dont think the games have very many new characters since Gen 4 updated the region standards. Alola does have a lot of new features but we dont know how many will reuse tracks, like how a lot of the new HGSS features and places did. Plus it doesnt feel THAT much bigger than Johto. Though I'd have to play it to be sure, obviously. But even then, I'd expect Alola to have more than 190 tracks with multiple regions. Unless it's another Sevii.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.