[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name at least 1 thing you genuinely liked about Kalos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: lumiose_city_scene_thumb.jpg (80KB, 559x384px) Image search: [Google]
lumiose_city_scene_thumb.jpg
80KB, 559x384px
We all know how /vp/ feels about x/y in general, so lets share the few things that we feel weren't absolutely horrible about this gen 6 region.
>>
Customization
>>
>>28794039
I enjoyed the diversity of Pokemon.
>>
Best new pokemon overall of any gen imo
>>
>>28794039

Customization, rollerblades, and the large dex and the basic way it was cut up among the flowers.

Even if all three were still a bit flawed.
>>
>>28794039
Barbaracle.
>>
The huge wild pokemon variety. Makes second playthroughs more fun. Compared to playing ORAS and just seeing fucking Linoone on every route.
>>
Customization, awesome new roster of Pokemon, if a bit small, and the general step into 3D.
>>
>Super
>Training
Super training
>>
I loved lumiose city but mostly just as a concept
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 431x767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 431x767px
pretty nice new 3D graphics everyone forgets the beautiful shiny 3D shit
>>
>>28794243

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

It's a nice city filled with stuff to do. I do wish the restaurants teams or trainers would change or cycle a bit mostly. Though the one having a shiny Pokemon is kind of a neat little thing.
>>
>>28794039
New Pokemon were top tier design wise
>>
>>28794039
X and Y did many great things on paper/in concept

Inverse battles are unappreciated imo
>>
>>28794039
It had a global release. For the first time we were all dissapointed without any translation delays
>>
>>28794278
Yeah most of my problems with Lumiose just come from the fucking camera, Its so disorienting.
>>
Wonder Trading and the start of 3d
>>
wondertrading, the good variety of mons in the wild, the changes to the difficulty of getting shinies
>>
>>28794039
The region had a beautiful aesthetic and in my opinion the highest level of care paid to its new Pokemon.
>>
>>28794169
No, he said things you liked anon.
Not things that belonged in the trash.
>>
>>28794039
Gen 6 easily impressed me
Pokemon designs were everything i wanted and more. Something about the designs were just spot on and well matured
>Chesnaught ( a chesnut pokemon is so unique)
>Greninja (amazing clever concept)
>Slurpuff (unique, cool, celebratory, cakes are loved)
>Malamar (cool concept)
>The 2, 2spoopy4u ghosts/grass types, Not only did we get one but two, both being neat
>Bravest birb (useful, competitive, fire/flying)
I could go on. I cant think of one pokemon i didnt like in gen 6 i even like avalugg
>>
>customization
>Wonder Trade
>some good new Pokemon
>nice setting

Like any generation is has it's positives, they just unfortunately don't outweigh the negatives.
>>
coastal kalos
>>
That swamp and the Fairy gym town were kinda neat, and I loved the customization.

Oh, and that sweet long stretch between the first and second gym.
>>
Introducing 3IV legendaries.
>>
Breeding mechanic changes, Lumiose City loop
>>
File: yveltal old school watercolor.png (2MB, 2000x1880px) Image search: [Google]
yveltal old school watercolor.png
2MB, 2000x1880px
I'm a weirdo. So far Kalos is my favorite region.

> Beautiful map design
> Nice pokemon selection
> Interesting legendaries
> Wonder trade
> Play with your pokemon to min-max them
> Player customization
> Beautiful day/night and weather cycles
> Mega stone sunsets.
> Breeding center is next to berry farm and battle house. Super convenient!
> Friend safari

So some people think the plot is weak or don't like the death chicken legendary. I don't care. It's still fun to me and many, many times better than ORAS.

Pic related: DEATH CHICKEN!
>>
Huge step in the right direction with the 3D
Customization was great, not for the guys though
Steel needed a nerf
Click Specs Draco Meteor to win needed a nerf
Defog buff is amazing
One of the sexiest professors
One of the sexiest evil team leaders
Serena is a good design
Starters aren't all bad compared to the previous generation
Pokémon have so much more personality thanks to models
Very diverse selection of Pokémon making it easy to have wildly different playthroughs
Amazing social aspect in the PSS
Breeding made much much easier and competitive made more accessible as a whole
Title legendaries are very well-designed
Most Pokémon designs of the gen weren't bad at all
>>
File: Lysandre.png (164KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre.png
164KB, 500x264px
>>28795992
>One of the sexiest professors, One of the sexiest evil team leaders

Yes. Very fappable generation on the adult characters in general. Much appreciated, gamefreak. Me gusta.
>>
Wonder trade, and the overworld sprites, despite the fact I hate the map by itself.

I like the variety of pokémon to find too.
>>
>>28794039
Like 90 percent of the new Pokemon were really well designed. Most sucked competitively but whatever.

Customization was good. I like Amie as well, though it does need a tune up.
>>
>>28794039
Customization and new Pokémon

it wasn't as bad as BW
>>
File: weapon.png (667KB, 1709x472px) Image search: [Google]
weapon.png
667KB, 1709x472px
>>28794039
>3d
>beautiful region
>routes have a name
>battle vs based profesor
>waifus
>husbandos
>big bad guy is actually convinced that hes right
>big bad guy have fucking godly plan (literally Jehovah, kill all these motherfuckers, save a few ones and make a new better world)
>adult story (death and rebirth of this world, mons" sacrificed, a war, the death of a friend, your point of view vs other's...)
>legendaries IV's
>customization
>rollerblades
>supertraining
>Amie
>PSS
>wondertrading
>Looker postgame
>Friend safari
>Day care next to berry farm and Battle Chateau
>pokemon mounts
>fuck you, mega-evolution is cool. Some pokemon like Mawile need more love and strength. "b-but muh mega-garchomp" yeah, fanservice, like all pokemon games.
>that sundial
>HUGE regional dex
>new mon are so great (Greninja, Talonflame, Spewpa, Vivillon, Floette (+ eternal), Skiddo, Gogoat, Pancham, Pangoro, Espurr, Meowstic, Honedge, Aegislash, Malamar, Skrelp, Dragalge, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Heliopte, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Amaura, Aurorus, Hawlucha, Goomy, Goodra, Pantump, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Avalugg, Noivern, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa... BASED dex)
>best pokemon anime series ever

And the best is yet to come. Gen 6 (or just Kalos) was really good and just a "beta". "Beta" of 3d, customization, mounts, Zygarde... SM promises to be soooooooo great
>also:
>Kanto connected to Johto, Hoenn and Kalos
>Johto connected to Kanto and Sinnoh
>Hoenn connected to Kanto and Kalos
>Sinnoh connected to Johto
>Alola seems connected to Johto and Sinnoh because actually patterns
>Alola probably connected to Unova because USA states
>Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola finally connected together
ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
>>28794137
Honestly this, if we're not counting gen 1. Amazing Pokemon designs but there were too few and the Pokemon variety that people are pointing to as a saving grace is what ruined the region, the region lacked personality and was unmemorable because there were so many different Pokemon on every route and they were rarely related in any way to the local conditions.
>>
>>28794155

I agree
What do you think was flawed about them?
>>
>>28796695

Do you have any evidence to back that geography up other than Kanto-Johto?
>>
>>28796852
i think they meant to say that those regions are culturally connected
>>
I actually fucking love the story. An ancient king losing a pokemon in the war and doing unspeakable things in an effort to get it back, it working but his pokemon being shocked at what he had to do and leaving, and him then being cursed with eternal life, forced to wander the earth all alone for all eternity, looking for the friend who left him. I fucking love this.
The only problem is HOW they told this story, i.e. a ten minute plot dump at the end of the game, completely ruining it. No proper pacing, barely any foreshadowing, what the fuck was Game Freak thinking?
>>
>>28797302
obviously
>>
It ended quickly
>>
>>28794073
fpbp
>>
The most interactive world.
Pokemons jumping out from bushes, thrash and swooping down from celing, digging in the ground - Cool.
>>
>>28794955
I like rocks.
>>
>>28794039
Inside building designs, it's the little things.

Pokemon Amie.

Team Flare havung a variety of Pokemon like few other games do.

Some gyms designs.

3D models even if very few got fucked up or had terrible animation despite having alternative and better poses in other ingame features.

Pumpkaboo.

Amour being destroyed.

It ended being a 50/50 like BW, maybe with slightly more positive aspects than BW content a quality wise and some negative similarities.
>>
I really liked how big Lumiose was. Some people groaned about getting lost, and I was just psyched it was possible to get lost in a Pokémon game
>>
File: IM REALLY FEELIN IT.gif (1020KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
IM REALLY FEELIN IT.gif
1020KB, 444x250px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpoJRhoO_Q
>>
>>28800125
And yeah,

Wonder Trade and characters designs in general including the NPC, especially livethe fact it has launched a new standard of the full art of characters and trainer classes, Sun Moon vs. don't look that good tho compared to XY and ORAS but on the other side they have more customization options and got rid of chibi models (not like that those were bad).
>>
3D Models
Customization
Amie
Super Training
Wondertrade
Stats Updated for Old Pokemon
Fairy Type
Aegislash
>>
>>28795826
>That sweet long stretch between the first and second gym
Hell yeah! In retrospect it kind of suffered from Apollo Justice syndrome and made it seem like the whole game was going to be that awesome, but damn, it was pretty crazy to be a couple of hours in and still not have my second badge.
>>
>>28800181
>Fairy Type
>fairy type
>good
>>
The catchable pokemon.
Jesus christ this cannot be said enough.
You can make pretty much any team you want, the selection is immense, problem is the game is absurdly easy, so you don't really put them to test.
I replayed Y then OR in anticipation of Gen VII and the pokemon availability was like night and day. They should've given you the national dex way, way earlier than before the 8th gym to add some much needed variety. Also, better, earlier locations for the evolutionary stones.

>>28800125
Speaking of little things, first time I actually laughed in a pokemon game was this one small, easily missable gag in ORAS. An Ace trainer gives you a float stone, saying he won't need it. Exit the floor and reenter, the dude's sprite changes to a Hiker.
>>
The Pokemon roster may have been small but it brought us a lot of under appreciated gems (Hawlucha, Meowstic, Gogoat off the top of my head were super fun to use)
>>
>People actually liked Amie
>and will probably like Refresh which looks like even more casualized crap that breaks the game

Why do you even play the game at this point
Just pet your pokemon for a while and it goes super saiyan and one hit everything regardless of types and moves.
>>
Good designs
Friend safari
Customization
Megas that saved some bros
>>
>>28794039
All of it. It seriously became my favorite gen. Sad its almost over. Time went by too fast.
>>
File: 9hhpip.jpg (177KB, 828x711px) Image search: [Google]
9hhpip.jpg
177KB, 828x711px
>>28800379
>All of it. It seriously became my favorite gen

Go back to nintendoforums
>>
>>28800390
Isn't that where I am right now?
>>
>>28794039
Amie. I really enjoyed playing games with and petting my Pokémon.

Also the pss. Being able to trade and battle without being in a center was welcomed.

I also actually liked the exp all since it made it less tedious to rotate teams.
>>
>>28800518
You are everything wrong with the new pokemon fanbase.
>>
>>28800537
not him, but those PSS features and Amie are pretty great
>>
>>28795922
Same, anon, same. The whole region was so comfy imo. I was so bummed XY weren't getting a third version.
>>
>>28800551
PSS is okay and the only thing i don't like about amie is how they make pokemon overpowered for no goddamn reason

But new Exp All is pure cancer
>>
>>28800566
It's not a bad idea in concept but it gets rather broken.

But yeah fuck exp share, and gen 6 in general
>>
>>28794039
I actually liked quite a lot about it. The graphics were nice (not as cozy as previous gens but cozier than ORAS imho). I also loved Pokemon Amie and the trainer customization, along with the PSS. Wondertrade is pretty fun, too, but I've been pretty lucky with it.
>>
the soundtrack was fucking amazing and is truly underappreciated.
coumarine and geosenge are my personal favorites, while some of the routes have pretty comfy themes too.
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_objects
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.